Just think straight – what will you do when you don’t need the cargo box of your car? Perhaps, you will clean it. If this is the thing you do, you have to take the box to the garage. After taking it within your garage, it’s time to put the box on a flat surface, ground, or a table. Hence, you must know how to store a cargo box in the garage.
A massive-sized and empty roof box can make a complete mess in a garage. Moreover, a cargo box can take up too much space there. In such a case, you’ve to act wisely. There are various ways to store a cargo box in the garage sophisticatedly. Here, we’ll discuss its guidelines of it –
How to Store the Cargo Box in the Garage – Best Guidelines
Sometimes, the garage can be full of clutter and other things. It’s become too difficult to store a massive-sized cargo box in the garage. But, don’t worry. Other options could be helpful. Additionally, there are multiple ways you can keep the cargo box in the garage or store room when you don’t need it.
If you fail to keep the box correctly, it could be useless at some point or face severe damage. As a result, you must take stern steps to do that. Now, we’ll discuss some practical ways to store the rooftop cargo box in the store room. Let’s begin –
1. Wall Hanging
This system is applicable to small-sized cargo boxes. You can string it up from a wall that uses a wall hanger. Besides, the hangers must be attached securely to the walls. It should also be tested for hardness before you affix the rooftop box on them. The reason is if it’s not firm enough, there will always be a significant chance of an accident.
So, checking thoroughly before attaching the roof box is necessary.
- Wall hangers are pretty effortless to install
- This system saves a lot of space
- It is perfect for small-sized box
- There’s no chance of scratching since these hangers are designed to resist scratching.
- You have to purchase extra brackets
- You need to hire a professional to drill and affix the brackets. In addition, it’s a bit of a DIY task.
2. Ceiling Hanging
This system is mainly for bigger-sized cargo boxes. These boxes are generally destined to be lifted from the car’s roof. On the other hand, they can be attached to the ceiling through straps. Due to the straps, it will be easier to mount procedures when you have to use the cargo box in the car again.
Remember that ceiling hanging is such a convenient process as you just need to lower it on the rooftop of the car from the ceiling.
- The storing process of the cargo box is so simple in this procedure
- There’s no chance that the cargo box gets scratched since the hanger is protected
- Take little capacity in the garage.
- You have to take a professional’s assistance to affix the lifts to the ceiling
- This procedure is best for those garages that contain high roofs.
3. Place the Cargo Box on the Floor
We will only suggest this procedure if the garage or store room is wide enough. However, if the garage is completely messed up, this method won’t work. Another thing is you shouldn’t directly lay the cargo box on the floor. Before laying, fill the ground with a mattress or wood.
Moreover, clear all the junks and residues from the ground before laying the cargo box on it.
- No need to take help from experts
- Quite an effortless method
- Box can get scratched or damaged partially
- Takes a lot of space in the garage
4. Insert a Garage Storage Rack
If you have a garage storage rack, you can keep the roof box in there. It is an efficient solution. These types of rack are usually placed over the head. For this reason, inserting a box in the garage becomes too comfortable.
- The storage rack can save the total space in the garage
- The rack should be neat and clean
- Stable and sturdy
- If the rack isn’t secured correctly, things could turn worse
- The whole procedure is quite complicated
5. Set up a Storage Lift System
This is another highly efficient way to store a cargo box. You can conveniently set up a garage storage lift system to convey the box. Henceforth, the elements of this lifting method are cranks, gears, etc.
- Simple to install and run. No complications.
- You can store various products like snowboards, skis, kayaks, etc.
- If the rope isn’t long enough, you’ll face a problem down it.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Cargo Box?
Rooftop cargo carriers are not only storage gadgets. It is much more than that. Additionally, if you don’t check carefully, some essential traits of them could change significantly. As a result, you need to consider a few things before purchasing a rooftop cargo box. Let’s check –
There are two types of cargo boxes available on the market. They are – soft and hard cargo boxes. Additionally, softboxes are made of the same elements used to build backpacks. Although you can attach them to the rack, but they can’t hold more oversized products like luggage.
So, you should go for a rigid box in order to get a vast space.
Size and Shape
Cargo boxes are made of different types of sizes and shapes. You’ll find smaller to larger-sized boxes on the market. Therefore, you can select according to your needs. Further, you should choose an aerodynamically designed box.
The vehicle’s size is also determined when selecting a cargo box. For instance, a small-sized Wagner can cop a smaller box while the box should be more significant in size in the case of SUVs or Sedans. It’s a very simple math.
You should check out the safety and security before purchasing the box. Carefully see whether the carrier comes with a key and lock or not.
How to Store a Cargo Box in the Garage – FAQs
Can I leave my cargo box in the car?
Yes, you can. But, it will be best to store it in a storage room or garage. This is how you can keep its durability.
How big is a roof box?
A roof box is generally 1k pounds.
It’s pretty much clear that a roof cargo box is a handy tool that could be an indispensable part of your journey. Since they’re costly products, it is better to keep them sophisticated. So, you should think about placing them in a store room to protect longevity.
So, which method are you going to apply for your box? Let us know! Thanks and best wishes from us!
Best Seller List of Roof Box Storage Systems:
- Storage solution for rooftop cargo boxes, kayaks, surfboards , and more
- Mounts directly to ceiling
- Built in winch helps lift loads up to 220 lbs/ 100 kg easily
- Easily raise and lower cargo by turning the crank handle
- Can be lowered up to 78 inches and raises up to 6 inches from the ceiling
- HEAVY DUTY STORAGE SYSTEM: store your cargo boxes with ease and with a feeling of security
- FITS ANY CARGO BOX: adjustable straps fit all widths and lengths of boxes up to 60 lbs
- UTILIZE YOUR SPACE: Get organized by hanging and storing your cargo in your overhead space
- HI-LIFT PRO SYSTEM: hold straps and cargo boxes tightly in place, using a center connecting strap to keep your gear in place. The PRO version includes upgraded, higher-strength loading straps.
- QUICK & EASY INSTALL: with included instructions and mounting hardware, great for home and garage storage
- ONE-PERSON OPERATION: Designed for one-person operation. Made in USA! 16' ceiling height, 145lbs. max load.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Four point hoist kit comes with all installation instructions.
- SIMPLE USE: Patented design lifts and lowers loads evenly, regardless of weight distribution.
- SAFE DESIGN: Self-locking safety cleat grips instantly if the rope is accidentally released.
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: Stainless steel hardware, double-braid rope for strength, durability, long life. Everything is included for easy installation
- ▶️ This roof top storage box is universal fit for mounting to max 13 inches wide cross bar, please check the dimension before purchase.
- ▶️ The package comes with  53 inches length storage box,  security lock key, and  heavy duty tool free installation mounting brackets.
- ▶️ It is constructed of rugged, impact-resistant ABS material to ensure a long lasting life in outdoor conditions. More, it can open from the side and stay open till you close it with the strong support arm.
- ▶️ Opens on the passenger side to 14 inches wide to store bulky items from the side and stays open till you close it, and it is very easy to install without any tool required to assembly.
- ▶️ Overall Dimensions: 53" L x 34" W x 15" H | Capacity: 11 Cubic Feet and up to 110 LBS
- UTILIZE YOUR SPACE - Get your garage organized by hanging your cargo in your overhead. Use our kayak ceiling hoist, easy hang high volume items up to ceiling to save space in your garage.
- LARGE CAPACITY - Our kayak pulley storage system has a max 125lbs load capacity, for maximum product life, we recommend lifting heavy weights under 100lbs.
- EASY INSTALLATION - Designed with an innovative pulley system, you can mount or hang kayaks, tires, bicycles, ladders and any other bulky items up to 12ft high ceilings.
- SAFETY LOCK - Never worry that what you hang will fall, the cargo carrier storage hoist is equipped with a safety lock mechanism that prevents accidental release.
- PREMIUM BUILD - Made of heavy-duty iron with rubber coating, which protects objects from scratching. Strong nylon ropes make sure goods are secure and will not fall.
- SMART STORAGE - Keep your home and workspace clear of clutter with the Large Rhino-Rack Wall Hanger. The Wall Hanger allows you to mount and store your luggage box, tray, kayak securely to the wall saving floor space. Store up to 176lbs (80kg) items.
- WALL MOUNT - The Rhino-Rack Large Wall Hanger can be mounted to most types of walls including brick, wood, and drywall. Make sure for regular drywall walls, you use a stud finder to locate and secure the Hanger to the wall studs.
- QUALITY MATERIALS - The Wall Hanger features high quality electroplated powder coated steel tubes for outdoor corrosion resistance and long life. The padding is UV stabilized for outdoor use. Fading may occur with outdoor use compared to indoor use.
- LOAD RATING - With a maximum payload of 176 pounds (80kg), it's super strong to hold just about anything you need to store. From a roof box, kayak, paddle board, canoe, surfboard, snowboards, skis, etc. Make space for all your adventure gear.
- SUPER STRONG - While other brands have a maximum load capacity of 50 to 100 pounds, store 76lbs to 126lbs more with Rhino-Rack's heavy duty Wall Hanger. Compare and see the quality difference.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Toht, David (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 256 Pages - 08/06/2013 (Publication Date) - Creative Homeowner (Publisher)
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 14 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
- OVERHEAD CEILING STORAGE: Hoist your cargo box out of the way for accessible storage. Clear up floor space in your garage and utilize your ceiling for storage!
- EASY TO OPERATE: Three pulley storage system allows you to easily raise and lower your cargo box without crossover.
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE: Alloy steel components and heavy duty rope support up to 150 lbs for secure storage.
- ADJUSTABLE STRAPS: 8 ft loading straps fit around most shapes and sizes of cargo boxes. Center connecting strap adjusts for length.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Ceiling brackets can be mounted to align with ceiling joists running in either direction.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Pullarcot, Sunil (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 404 Pages - 06/02/2015 (Publication Date) - CRC Press (Publisher)
Last Update : 2023-03-21