There are endless types of roof boxes available on the market. If you have an SUV, sedan, or across the back, you will easily find a roof cargo box for your car. As with cars, roof cargo boxes also come with various designs, sizes, and different price tags. You can even find a roof box that is perfect for you if you are on a tight budget.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best Audi Q7 Cargo Box. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
Many roof boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have an Audi Q7, you can easily find a perfect roof cargo box for your car. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. So they will fit with any SUV car. Many roof boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Audi Q7 SUV color.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Audi Q7 Roof cargo carriers. And every one of them will work great with your Audi Q7, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Audi Q7 Cargo Box:
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Roof Box for Audi Q7:
1. Thule Vector Roof Box
The Thule Vector is an elegant, stylish design with seamless integration of the lid, and the base adds a distinctive look to any car. It is made with a smooth and aerodynamic design capable of storing up to 165lbs of gear. The Vector fits 3-5 sets of skis, has felt-lined storage, motion-activated LED lights for better visibility at night, flush-mount closure for included security, double side opening to access equipment from either side of the vehicle, and also a strengthened lid.
The sleek and also modern Thule Vector rooftop cargo box finds balance in power through function! It looks great on any type of roofline while storing and transporting things securely on top of your vehicle.
- Dual-Side Opening: The reinforced lid makes for a smooth, effortless dual-sided opening and closing.
- The rear of Vehicle Access: Full trunk gain access to with minimal danger of contact with the cargo box, thanks to its forward setting on the car roof.
- Secure SlideLock System: The SlideLock system with different locking and opening features automatically secures the lid in place and shows when the box is closed securely.
- PowerClick Quick-Mount System: Easy to install to the PowerClick quick-mount system. The integrated torque indicator clicks when it’s correctly installed, ensuring quick and protection suitably.
- Premium Interior: A premium interior with integrated lighting and a felt-lined base for increased gear protection enhances the user experience.
- Built-in LED-Light: A white-colored interior of the lid combined with a LED light facilitates loading and unloading at night.
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
2. INNO Shadow Cargo Box:
The INNO Shadow roof box comes with a straightforward mounting system. So the mounting system for this roof box is very easy on your Subaru Outback.
When you are in a hurry, you don’t have to worry about your stuff’s safety because they will be fully secured in your box. The base construction of this roof box is unique. And it is much lighter and stronger than regular boxes. So this could be a better option for the Subaru Outback.
The design of this roof box is aerodynamic and can easily resist air. With this sleek design, you will be able to enjoy MPG. Moreover, there is enough storage space to keep all of your needy stuff when going on a family trip. You can carry up to two surfing board or eight skis.
This INNO Shadow comes with a safety lock system to keep your stuff secured from the thief, so you don’t have to worry about the security of your property.
Some other exciting features of this INNO Shadow cargo box has:
- Universal memory mounting system
- One-hand opening
- User-friendly locking mechanism
- Only weighs 42 pounds
- 11 cubic feet of additional space
- Innovate spm injection molding
- Quick and easy memory mount hardware
- Diffuser design for quieter drive
- Dual side opening
- Durable 3-layer sheet
3. Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT is a perfect example of a sleek, aerodynamic, modern roof box. According to its size and storage capacity, it is perfect. For this fantastic combination, the Thule Motion XT is one of today’s best roof boxes.
You can get this roof box unit in both 16-foot and 22-foot. And its interior dimensions are 79 x 31.5 x 15. The 22-foot long variant is the more extended variant for roof boxes; it will be easy to fit safely on large vehicle roofs.
As we mentioned before, this box can give you access to both sides. So it will be easy to load or unload anything in it without any trouble. Also, you can use it in unfavourable weather conditions easily. It can easily stay in place when the weather is wet or snowy because it has a superior grip system.
It is so handy and easy to use. And it is available with an easy mounting system. With its mounting system, you will be able to install this roof box within five minutes. Also, it’s sturdy and functional with a locking system. If you accidentally leave your roof box unlocked, that locking system can keep your roof box secured. It has a smooth and aesthetic design.
The Thule Motion XT can bear 165 lbs. without any problem. In terms of safety, It is compatible with the One Key System, making it much easier to lock your roof box and keep your stuff safe. If you want to go on trips frequently with your roof box, then this one could be an excellent choice for you.
Some of the other attractive advantages featured by Thule Motion XT are:
- A glossy white and black finish
- A lightweight fiberglass body
- Robust construction helps to keep your stuff safe.
- Enough storage space for an average of five to seven skis or three to five snowboards
The Thule Motion XT will cost you nearly $800. But remember that; you will get what you are paying for, one of the best quality roof boxes. Moreover, you will carry skis or anything this kind of long stuff with this roof box.
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
4. Yakima RocketBox Pro Cargo Box:
This roof box is designed for smaller vehicles. But if you want, then you will be able to use it for larger vehicles also. You will be able to use Yakima RocketBox Pro with or without any roof racks.
The Yakima RocketBox Pro is available with its mounting kit. So, if you want, you will install it with the crossbar and mounting equipment provided by the box, or you can use your roof rack. Moreover, you don’t have to use any tool to fit this box on your vehicle’s roof. So, installing and removing processes are so easy for it.
The Yakima RocketBox Pro is available with dual-side access and opens with two sets of keys. Also, It’s available with SKS locks and a push-button lock system to secure this roof box. If you want to open it, you have to push the button, and if you’re going to shut it, you have to press the roof of the roof box.
It’s available with a matte black finish. It can resist air, so this will help you to get less drag and more gas mileage. You can buy this roof box for around $350. This roof box is excellent for those people who are looking for a perfect and specious roof box at a reasonable price. This rooftop cargo box can carry anything as long as seven feet.
- Aerodynamic design to reduce drag with forward mounting hardware for improved hatch clearance making it great for small vehicles
- Perfect for smaller cars, hatchbacks and SUVs; Hauls gear for up to 2 campers
- Quick-dial mounting hardware fits Yakima round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars
- Love it 'Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty
5. Yakima Showcase Cargo Box:
The Yakima Showcase Cargo Box comes in various sizes starting from 15 cubic feet, and the largest size is 20 cubic feet. But every unit of this roof cargo box comes with the same build quality. The build quality of this box is excellent, and it can keep your stuff safe inside the box.
This Yakima roof box can give you an excellent roof clearance on your Honda Odyssey. So you don’t have to worry about your roof of the car being damaged. The metal clamps and very soft molded finish of this box keep your roof safe from being damaged.
The design of this roof box is aerodynamic, and it helps you to get a good fuel economy.
This roof cargo box can give you access from both sides. Its dual-side opening makes it easier to load and unload things from it. This cargo box is very durable also.
- 15 cubic feet of cargo space is an ideal fit for larger vehicles, wagons and CUVs; Maximum Ski / Snowboard length: 180 cm
- High-gloss automotive quality finish highlights a distinctively modern aesthetic; Dual-sided opening provides quick and easy access from either side of your vehicle
- Easy, intuitive push-button latch holds tight to keep gear safe; Internal lid stiffeners improve hatch durability, ease opening and closing; Tapered tail provides excellent tailgate clearance
- Fits round, aerodynamic, factory and square crossbars; SKS Locks included for added security
- Also available in QuickSilver color; Made in the USA
6. Thule Force XT Roof Box:
This roof box is also from Thule. The Thule Force XT roof box is available with a great amount of internal storage space. It is 21 cubic feet, so it is excellent for those who will buy a roof box to take longer trips. You will be able to carry skis or anything this kind of long stuff.
If you want to buy a giant roof box, then you have to accept more weight. This roof box also weighs 165 lbs.
The Thule Force Roof Box has a torque indicator connected with the Power Click system; that’s why the roof box’s installation process is straightforward. All you have to do is just gradually press it into place, that’s it. Like the Thule Motion XL, it can give you access from each side also.
You’ll want to have a crossbar height of around 15.6 inches to mount your roof box. But this crossbar can make the installation process difficult for the Thule Force roof box. Because we already mentioned that the size and aerodynamic-ness of this roof box are perfect for those people who are looking for enough space to keep lots of materials in it without shifting to bigger and heavier clamshell boxes.
This Thule Force roof box is more affordable than the Thule Motion XL. You can get it at around $600. If you want a high-quality roof box at a reasonable price, then the Thule Force XT rooftop roof box is perfect for you.
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Roof Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Audi Q7, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box
- How you can access your contents
- The size of the box
- How secure the box is
- The durability of the box
- Security of the locking system
- Amount of storage space
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it
- If it’s waterproof
- Aerodynamics of the box
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily
When you go to buy a roof box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
If you want the best roof Box for your Audi Q7, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof boxes, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
Every roof box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof box is perfect for a particular type of use.
After deciding, pick the perfect roof cargo box from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-28