There are five Toyota Highlander roof boxes on display, and if you’re seeking one, you’ve come to the right place! The Toyota Highlander is a well-rounded midsize family SUV that can accommodate a large number of passengers. The Toyota Highlander has a large amount of room for both passengers and baggage, as well as a large amount of storage space in the trunk. You must adhere to the Toyota-approved roof loading limit in order to transfer 165 lbs or 75 kg (with everything on the roof, including roof racks) on top of your Toyota Highlander.
Because the Toyota Highlander has three rows of seats, you can take advantage of the extra space available, which allows you to transport items or accommodate people in the rear of the vehicle. You may likely wish to go camping with a group of friends or family members, and your Toyota Highlander will not have enough cargo room to accommodate all of your equipment and gear.
When it comes to making the Toyota Highlander a bit more roomy, are there any solutions available to you? The usage of a cargo container may be able to assist in the resolution of this issue. You will have additional storage room for camping equipment, such as tents and sleeping bags, if you install a cargo box on the roof of your Toyota Highlander, among other things.
Many articles on our website may help you understand cargo boxes better, including why you need a roof box and what it can do for you. Roof boxes may be used to carry camping and golf equipment, and we have articles on our website that explain how to do so.
After that, we’ll go through the features of five distinct cargo boxes for your Toyota Highlander, one by one. The Toyota Highlander may be customized to meet your unique requirements thanks to a multitude of options for personalization. The upshot is that you have a wide range of possibilities from which to choose.
Toyota Highlander Roof Racks
For anyone seeking a set of roof racks for their Toyota Highlander, you can get them on Amazon for a reasonable price.
Overview of 5 Car Roof Boxes for Toyota Highlander
- Product: Thule Motion XT Roof Cargo Box
- A total of 22 cubic feet of storage space is available.
- Dimensions: 91.5 inches long, 37.5 inches wide, and 18 inches high.
- Capacity for carrying a load: 165 pounds
- Opening: Both sides
- Product: SportRack Vista XL Car Roof Box
- 18 cu ft of storage space
- Sixty-three inches in length, 38 inches in width, and 17.25 inches in height.
- Capacity for carrying a 100-pound load
- Opening: Rear opening
- Product: CAM Cargo Box Universal Mount Fits Most Car Roof Racks
- 15 cubic feet of storage space
- 72 x 29 x 15 inches in length, width, and height.
- The capacity for carrying a load is not specified.
- Opening: Passenger side opening
- Product: INNO Phantom Series 466 Rooftop Cargo Box
- 18 cu ft of storage space
- 80.3 inches long, 39 inches wide, and 18.3 inches high. Dimensions: L 80.3 inches long, 39 inches wide, and 18.3 inches high.
- One hundred ten pounds is the maximum weight that may be carried.
- Opening: Both sides
- Product: Yakima RocketBox Pro Rooftop Cargo Box
- 14.3 cubic feet of storage space
- 58 inches in length, 36 inches in width, and 16 inches in height
- Capacity for a single load: 120 lbs.
- Opening: Both sides
- Product: Thule Pulse Cargo Box
- 11 cubic feet of storage space
- Length (88.5 inches) x Width (25.5 inches) x Height (12.5 inches) Dimensions
- 110-pound maximum load capacity
- Opening: Passenger-side
5 Cargo Bags For Toyota Highlander (Alternatives)
Purchasing a rooftop cargo box is not required if you do not want to spend the extra money on installing an aftermarket roof rack or if you have already purchased a roof bag and are satisfied with your vehicle’s performance.
We’ve produced a list of the best-rated roof bags on Amazon based on hundreds of customer reviews in order to make your purchasing experience easier. Please see below for more information. Roof bags are also less costly than cargo boxes, despite the fact that they are capable of fulfilling all of the roles that cargo boxes can accomplish. More information on the differences between these two alternatives may be found in a prior blog post on our website.
Details about 5 Car Roof Boxes for Toyota Highlander
1. Thule Motion XT Roof Cargo Box
There are three Thule Motion XT baggage sizes to choose from 16 cubic feet, 18 cubic feet, and 22 cubic feet (total capacity). Whichever is best acceptable for your house may be selected by you. If you have a Toyota Highlander, it is advised that you choose the 22 cubic foot option, as this will allow you to transport more stuff in your vehicle.
If you have a small family, the 16 cubic foot or 18 cubic foot alternatives will provide you with more storage capacity in your vehicle than the other two options combined.
As a member of the Thule Motion XT range, each of these options is designed to meet the same specifications as the other two. The 22 cubic foot type, in particular, will be the focus of this article, and we’ll go over some of its most distinguishing aspects.
You presently own a Toyota Highlander; which model do you drive? I recommend that you go ahead and do it right now, without delay if you haven’t already.
You won’t be able to install the Thule Motion XT cargo box on top of your vehicle unless you know the dimensions of your vehicle’s roof. Once you have these measurements, you can determine whether or not the Thule Motion XT cargo box will fit on top of your vehicle. Additionally, it would be best to make certain that the roof box does not interfere with the functioning of the hatchback.
The 22 cubic feet of interior capacity can accommodate up to 165 pounds of belongings, and the durable, sturdy, and waterproof plastic construction will keep them safe and secure.
It is not necessary to use any additional equipment to attach the Thule Motion XT cargo box to your rack system because of the universal-fitting mounting mechanism that comes with the cargo box. A click sound will be heard when the cargo box is securely fixed in position, indicating that it has been correctly fastened in place.
Due to the fact that the Thule Motion XT cargo carrier can be opened from both sides, it is very simple to load and unload the roof box. You may open the door from the passenger side when parked next to a highway; for example, you can even open the door from both sides while at home or in the woods, depending on your preference.
Thule Motion XT car roof boxes offer an aerodynamic form that reduces wind noise while also having no effect on gas efficiency.
- A big cargo box installed on the top of the vehicle provides an additional 22 cubic feet of packing capacity.
- Aerodynamics and compatibility with a wide variety of vehicles have all been optimized for optimal efficiency in space and aerodynamics.
- The quick-mount mechanism emits a clicking sound as soon as the roof box has been properly mounted and attached to the roof.
- It is possible to open the door from either side of the car, making it simpler to get in and out of the vehicle.
- With the aid of lid-lifters, you may easily open and close the cabinet with a simple press of a handle.
- There is complete access to the trunk and no contact with the roof box.
- The cap locks into place and flashes to indicate that the seal is complete (One Key System compatible)
- 5-7 sets of skis or 3-5 snowboards are recommended.
- The external measurements are 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches, while the inside dimensions are 84.5 x 33 x 16 inches. The weight capacity is 450 pounds. /
- Product Weight: 55 lbs., with a load capacity of 165 lbs.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space.Height off crossbar : 17 in
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
- Full trunk access and no roof box contact
- Lid automatically locks in place and indicates a secure closure (One Key System compatible)
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards
- External dimensions: 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches; Internal dimensions: 84.5 x 33 x 16 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product Weight: 55 lbs
2. SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box
It’s something to consider for your Toyota Highlander as a potential alternative. Currently, this specific model is only available in one color: black, and it is made entirely of ABS materials that are both waterproof and very robust. Currently, there is only one way to access the SportRack Vista cargo box: from the passenger side.
The rack also comes equipped with a universal fit mounting mechanism that is compatible with a wide range of factory crossbars and roof racks, including SportRack square and round racks, among other things. All that is required to attach the cargo box on top of your Toyota Highlander is the movement of the mounting hardware, which can be accomplished without the need for any tools. It has been decided to employ passenger-opening doors in order to reduce the dangers presented by arriving autos on the highways.
Because of its UV resistance, the product will not fade in color even if it is exposed to direct sunlight for an extended period of time.
Despite the notion that there is just a single color choice, you have the option of printing it in a variety of colors to match the rest of the printing and design of your Toyota Highlander.
- 18 cubic feet of internal cargo space is available (510 liters)
- The ABS plastic utilized in the production of this product is resistant to ultraviolet light.
- There is an opening at the rear for convenience and to keep you away from the traffic flow.
- It is possible to complete the installation and removal without the need for a screwdriver or other instrument.
- Using a key and lock, it secures the contents of the box, as well as the box itself, to your rack, for further protection.
- SportRack racking systems, square bars, round bars, and the majority of factory rackings are all compatible with this product (check fit guide)
- It measures 63 inches in length, 38 inches in width, and 48 inches in height.
- From the smallest to the largest crossbar spacing: 23 5/8 in (60 cm) to 29 3/4 in (70 cm) (75 cm).
- Up to 100 pounds of carrying capacity (45 kg).
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
- Fits SportRack Rack Systems, square bars, round bars and most factory racks (check fit guide)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 63 x 38 x 19 in / 160 x 96.5 x 48 cm
- Min-Max Crossbars Spacing: 23 5/8 - 29 3/4 in (60 - 75.5 cm)
- Max Weight Capacity: 100 pounds (45 kg)
3. INNO PHANTOM Cargo Box/Carrier
A total of 18 cubic feet of the interior area makes the Phantom roof box the biggest INNO cargo box currently available. This makes it an outstanding choice for transporting heavy things. The installation of a dual-side opening roof box is an easy procedure that can be completed on the majority of factory roof racks in a short amount of time.
In addition, you may shift the load carrier forward to minimize conflicts with the hatchback and the roof box after the memorial mounting hardware has been installed.
The INNO Phantom roof box has a capacity of up to ten skis or eight snowboards, making it a perfect alternative for winter sports enthusiasts who want to maximize their storage space. However, the interior length of the roof box is only 191cm in length, despite the fact that it is rather long. Therefore, you must make ensure that the roof box has adequate capacity to accommodate your gear or equipment, among other considerations.
- In order to complete the aesthetic, an 18-cubic-foot hose with a chrome logo and handle is attached.
- The largest cargo box available in INNO’s product line.
- The memory mount mechanism makes it possible to rapidly and easily install and operate any cargo box, regardless of its size.
- In order to avoid being imprisoned, the hatch should be allowed to move about as freely as possible.
- There are two side openings.
No products found.
4. Yakima RocketBox Pro Rooftop Cargo Box
It is possible to store up to 14 cubic feet of stuff on the roof of your Toyota Highlander if it is fitted with the Yakima Rocket Box cargo vehicle roof box. The aircraft’s aerodynamic design keeps wind noise to an absolute minimum, which results in decreased fuel consumption and operational costs.
He has informed us about the benefits and drawbacks of using it on his weekly road trips, which we have found to be interesting.
Good things: With its long-lasting construction and snug fit, the Yakima Rocketbox is a reliable container for gears that keeps them safe and secure within the container. It is simple to use, and it can be moved about on a rack to find the ideal location for it. He couldn’t get his key out since the locks weren’t securely sealed, so he gave up. During his trip down the highway, the only thing he could hear was the sound of his own breathing.
Things that should not happen include the following: Rooftop carriers have the potential to boost your vehicle’s fuel consumption. Despite the fact that the item’s description claims otherwise, the real height of this item is far higher than the description. Therefore, as previously said, you must remove the cover before getting into your car and entering your garage.
- Because it reduces drag and features forward mounting hardware for greater hatch clearance, it is suitable for small vehicles with limited space. design that is aerodynamic
- SUVs, trucks, and wagons may all benefit from the quick-dial installation hardware, which can be used on bars with round, square, or factory-installed mounting holes, among other configurations. It can transport the provisions of up to three campers.
- Because of the dual-sided opening and push-button security provided by the SKS lock cores, you can open your car’s lid from either side of the vehicle when using the SKS lock cores.
- You’ll enjoy it as long as you put it to use.
- With its quick installation and ability to be utilized with a range of factory bars, the RocketBox Pro 14 is an excellent choice for wagons and SUVs in need of more storage space, such as pickup trucks.
- Compact yet roomy: Long and narrow design hauls plenty of gear and won’t hog your crossbar space; RocketBox Pro 11 is roomy enough for gear for up to 2 travelers and snowboards and skis up to 210 cm
- Ideal for smaller cars: The low-profile, aerodynamic design with textured lid reduces drag and wind noise while the tapered shape lessens hatch interference
- Easy to use: Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Secure & locking: Push-button system secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits YAKIMA round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in to 40 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
5. Thule Pulse Cargo Box
This is an excellent alternative for folks who do not like high-slung freight carriers. The cargo box has a total capacity of 11 cubic feet, which may be used to store personal things or business equipment if necessary.
We’ve covered one of the options available to us on this page. Reading the reviews that have been posted about this Thule vehicle roof carrier can provide you with further information.
If the idea of camping and skiing at the same time never occurred to you, you are not alone in that thinking process. You may go camping and skiing on the same vacation if you have the right baggage box for the job.
If your car has the adequate inside capacity to handle your gear and equipment, you may be able to store everything in the roof box on top of the vehicle. As well as enjoying a terrific skiing season and a few camping trips, you will have the opportunity to explore the surrounding area.
In terms of hard-shell cargo carriers for winter activities such as skiing and camping, the Thule Pulse Cargo Box is the best in the business. Your winter gear, such as skis, snowboards, and camping gear, may all be stored in the cargo box with your other goods, making it easier to transport.
The Thule Pulse cargo box, which is both tall and long enough to accommodate three snowboards or six pairs of skis, can accommodate up to three snowboards or six pairs of skis.
Because it is so easy to set up and needs no extra equipment, it is doubtful that you would use the Thule Pulse roof box while you are camping alone (it takes just a few minutes and no equipment).
With the Thule Pulse cargo box available from Thule, camping and skiing in the winter can be done in any vehicle of any size, whether it is a car or a sport utility vehicle.
- Extra parking space in the shape of a functioning rooftop cargo box provides an additional 11 cubic feet of storage space.
- A durable and long-lasting structure ensures the safety and security of the contents.
- The FastGrip quick-mounting system may be assembled in less than an hour, depending on your skill level.
- It is simple to load and unload due to the presence of a passenger-side aperture.
- When a central locking mechanism is used, it offers the maximum degree of security possible.
- Before trying to remove the Thule Comfort Key, make sure that all of the locking points on the key are completely closed.
- It is possible to fit 4-6 skis/3-4 snowboards comfortably.
- The exterior measurements are around 88.5 inches in length, with interior dimensions of approximately 72.5 inches and 10.5 inches in length, respectively.
- The weight of the product is 30 pounds, and it has a load capacity of 110 pounds.
- The distance between the crossbar and the floor is 11.3 inches.
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 11 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
- Thule Comfort Key can only be removed when all locking points are securely closed
- Fits 4-6 skis/3-4 snowboards
- External dimensions: 88.5 x 25.5 x 12.5 inches; Internal dimensions: 82.75 x 23.5 x 10.5 inches
- Load capacity: 110 lbs; Product weight: 30 lbs
- Height off crossbar: 11.3 inches
6. CAM Car Roofotp Cargo Carrier
It has an aerodynamic design that reduces wind noise and has no influence on the gas economy, so you will not have to spend any more money on fuel as a consequence of it. This essay on the topic of freight carriers and gas mileage may be of interest to those who like to learn more about the subject.
In order to decide whether or not your sporting equipment will fit in it, measure it at 72 x 29 x 15 inches and see whether it fits. Carry-on baggage and other items such as recreational equipment may be loaded into the roof box, with an interior capacity of 15 cubic feet. To find out what you may and cannot place in a roof box, consult a roof box guide.
Because it is accessible from the passenger side, this feature keeps you out of the way of oncoming traffic while loading or unloading the cargo box on the side of the highway. Because the cargo box on an SUV or a van is too high to reach without a Door Step, you may use the Door Step to stand while loading or unloading the roof-mounted cargo box.
So that the CAM cargo box may be used on as many automobiles as possible, the box is universally compatible with the majority of roof rack systems (crossbars).
Because of its high-density plastic structure and durability to severe weather, the CAM freight carrier is suited for heavy-duty tasks such as construction and transportation.
In the event that you’re unfamiliar with cargo boxes, a fantastic place to start learning about them is with a beginner’s guide that covers all you need to know both before and after you purchase a roof box for your vehicle.
- AERODYNAMIC. This vehicle offers improved fuel efficiency without compromising the large 15 cubic foot trunk space.
- It is SAFE and PROTECTED. Allowing passengers to load and unload on the passenger side helps to keep traffic from getting in the way of the loading and unloading operation.
- THERE IS A MONUMENT THAT IS UNIVERSAL. The Rapid Fixing System is capable of accommodating the vast majority of roof rack setups.
- SMART-LOCKING. A two-lock system has been devised to ensure the security of the items and the proper alignment of the container’s lid.
- WEATHERPROOF. Polypropylene, a high-density polymer, is resistant to UV radiation as well as impact and abrasion.
- Number of the component: K0382085
No products found.
If you own a Toyota Highlander, this page will offer you information about cargo boxes that are suitable for your vehicle’s configuration. Additional vehicle racks and cargo carriers, such as cargo bags and cargo baskets, for carrying a variety of different kinds of equipment, such as bicycles and kayaks or canoes, as well as other accessories, may be found by following the links on this page.
It is not necessary to have a car rack put on the roof of your vehicle. However, it is possible to purchase universal roof racks that will fit your vehicle. It is possible to receive relevant information on topics such as choosing and running freight carriers by using the menu on the left-hand side of this page.
Last Update : 2023-12-01