If you love skiing and snowboarding and want to ski with your own gear, you will surely need a good quality roof rack to carry all of your equipment correctly. Moreover, if you own a small/medium, it becomes more challenging without a roof rack to get enough room for your gear.
Nowadays, you can get the roof racks that are made especially for skis. So finding roof racks to carry skis for a car has become so easy. A Thule ski rack for cars gives you quick, easy-to-use, and secure transportation for your skis. So, you have to choose the perfect roof rack that will be suitable for your car. Let’s find which roof racks will be best for you?
We are here with some of the best roof rack options to help you choose the roof rack for skis that will be suitable for you.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best roof cargo boxes for your car. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best for Load Capacity – Thule SnowPack Low Profile Carrier
– Best for Extender Ski and Snowboard Carrier – Thule SnowPack Extender Carrier
– Best Ski Racks for Bike Rack – Thule Tram 9033
OverView Of Best Thule Snowboard Racks:
Thule Tram 9033 – Ski/Snowboard rack Adapter
If you are already using a roof rack to carry your bicycle and want to install another roof rack on your vehicle’s roof to carry your skis, then the Thule Tram ski and snowboard carrier adapter will be a better option for you.
It comes with built-in straps and cradles to mount it on your bike rack, and there is an included cushioned hinged arms that come with one-key locks. If you’re searching for a suitable ski rack for your SUV, but there is already a bike rack installed on the roof of your car, then you can take this.
The Thule Tram Ski and Snowboard Carrier Adapter can bear up to six pairs of skis and four snowboards at a time. It stores the skis and snowboards in an upright position so that you can get a good amount of storage. Moreover, it features an extra-large push-button system, which makes the carrier more comfortable to open and close. The steel-made design of this carrier is very durable and attractive. Also, the build quality is excellent, so that this rack adapter will last for a long time.
This ski adapter comes with a limited lifetime warranty. And it can hold 165 pounds so, with this massive amount of weight capacity, this rack will be handy for your SUV.
Thule SnowPack Ski/Snowboard Rack
This rack to carry your skis and snowboards is also from Thule. It is very easy to install, and it comes with a lovely silver colour that makes the rack more attractive, and it can be matched with any vehicle. This ski and snowboard carrier can hold up to six pairs of skis or four snowboards. Moreover, an included advanced vertical spring system adjusts with your skis and snowboards’ size, making it much safe for your items.
Also, there is an extra-large push-button system in this carrier. So you will be able to use this very easily. Moreover, there is a natural release that makes it more convenient when you are opening it. The aluminum made design makes it very durable and sturdy and useable for a long time. There are also four one-key system built-in locks to secure the carrier.
The size of this carrier is 34.25″ x 3.5″ x 2.5″. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty, and it is compatible with every type of crossbars. So the installation will be much easier. Moreover, the soft rubber arms of this carrier will not scratch the roof of your car or your crossbars.
Thule SnowPack Extender Ski/Snowboard Rack
This ski and snowboard carrier can give you access to your skis and snowboards very easily. It can carry up to six pairs of skis and four snowboards at a time, and the release levers of this carrier can keep the arms 15” away from each other.
This ski carrier is made of aluminum. So it is very durable and sturdy. Moreover, it is very lightweight also. Its weight is only 11 pounds. It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty & can keep your belongings safe, so you don’t have to worry about your items. The included oversized buttons make the opening and closing very easy for this carrier.
You will be able to install this ski and snowboard carrier on most aftermarket crossbars without any tools. The build quality of this carrier is very high. The design of this carrier is very durable and long-lasting. So you will be able to use it for many years without worrying about anything.
Thule Snowboard Extender Rack
This rack from Thule is a little bit smaller than other Thule options on this list. But this Thule ski and snowboard carrier can hold up to four pairs of skis and two snowboards. Moreover, it is made of the same high-quality materials as the other carriers from the Thule. The silver-coloured aluminium can keep your stuff safe from being scratched. It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty to ensure you about the excellent quality of this carrier. It has an internal length of 19.5”.
This carrier is very easy to use. The installation process of this carrier is very easy and quick, and you will be able to do that without any tools. It can hold thicker skis and snowboards also. Moreover, it comes with a generous roof clearance. So if you want to transport skis with tall bindings, you will be able to do that without facing any problem.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller Thule Ski & Snowboard Racks:
- Aerodynamic rooftop rack for all types of skis and snowboards
- Fits up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Securely holds thicker skis and snowboards with vertical spring system
- Ultra-soft rubber arms grip without scratching
- Oversized push button to easily open while wearing gloves
- Includes universal factory mounting hardware
- One Key System - Includes two lock cylinders and keys
- Safely carries up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Snowboards can be carried base to base for maximum capacity
- Fits all Thule, Yakima and most Factory racks
- Holds skis and snowboards securely with ultra-soft rubber arms that grip without scratching the surfaces
- Requires Thule hanging hitch bike rack for use (not compatible with Thule Helium or Thule Helium Aero).
- Maximize carrying capacity by transporting skis and snowboards upright
- Holds up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards on 2" class two receiver racks. Holds up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards on 1 1/4" receivers and Thule Spare Tire carrier
- 2 One-key locks included to lock the skis and snowboards to the rack
- Rooftop carrier designed to carry all types of skis and snowboards.
- Holds skis and snowboards securely with ultra-soft rubber arms that grip without scratching the surfaces.
- Safely carries thicker modern skis and snowboards, and reduces the carrier height when unloaded thanks to the integrated vertical spring system.
- Easy to open and close while wearing gloves via an oversized push button.
- Added roof clearance for skis with tall bindings thanks to included extension feet that raise the carrier.
- Wind Diffuser technology disturbs airflow to reduce noise and drag for improved fuel economy
- Secures to roof with Thule One Key locks (sold separately)
- Cars with sun roof: Due to the racks' low fit on the car, it may not be possible to open the sun roof when the racks are installed. Please check clearance before opening your sun roof.Not for Offroad use
- A kit-based roof rack system. Check the Thule Buyer's Guide to find out which roof rack fits your car
- Smoothly arched bars that fit close to the roof
- Large push button release makes it easy to open while wearing winter gloves
- Rubber arms protect and grip skis and boards for a secure hold
- Locks are included to give you additional security and peace of mind
- Fits SportRack roof rack systems, square, round and most factory racks
- Please check the fit for your vehicle in the fit guide located in the Product Details area.
- Weather-resistant rooftop cargo bag
- Provides 16 cu ft of storage space
- Padded base protects vehicle from abrasion
- Easy access to gear via coated 3-sided zipper
- Large storm flaps help keep your gear dry during loading and unloading
- 🎿【Upgraded New Model】33*2.4*4.9 inches product size and 1.2 inch extended ultra-soft rubber arms with 25.6 inch loading width in total. MaxKare ski car rack can hold 6 pairs of skis and 4 snowboards, also ideal for carrying fishing rods, paddles, ski poles and water skis. Your best accompany in winter self-driving travel with family and friends.
- 🎿【6063 Aviation Aluminium & Textured Rubber】The outer shell of the ski & snowboard car racks featuring 6063 aviation aluminum, can withstand -30℃. Ultra-soft rubber with upgraded anti-skid stripe design, can maintain elasticity and toughness under -60℃ condition, zero loosing and noiseless even in high wind or fast speed.
- 🎿【Dual Bracket Fits All Racks】Vertical bolting system makes it firmly to lock in various car rack to carry skis and snowboards of varying thicknesses. Universal mount enables easily fit wing bar, square bar and aero-style crossbar, car carrier designed to carry most types of skis and snowboards.
- 🎿【Anti-Theft Locking Mechanism】Integrated SKS(Same Key System) includes 2 keys to lock your skis and snowboards. Large push button is easy to open and lock for gloved hands.
- 🎿【Easy Assembly & 24h Service】Tool-free mounting hardware, easy to assembly with a detail manual. Easy and quick installation within 15 mins. Feel free to contact us for any questions directly through the message center or after-sales mailbox.
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 11 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keeps contents protected
- Fast grip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- The central locking system provides maximum safety
- Versatile water sport carrier that can transport kayaks or stand up paddleboards
- Multiple carry options: Single kayak in J-style or saddle mode, two kayaks in stacker mode, and up to two SUPs in saddle mode
- Thick rubber saddles and padded upright for maximum protection
- Integrated StrapCatch helps to easily manage straps while loading
- Folds down flat when not in use
.You May Also Like…
- Yakima SkyBox Pro 18 Review & Expert’s Guide
- Can You Drive With Empty Rooftop Carrier?
- 6 Best Subaru Crosstrek Roof Cargo Boxes
- The 3 Best White Roof Boxes
- The 3 Best Toyota RAV4 Roof Boxes
Last Update : 2021-05-13