The big bags, baskets, or load boxes are an essential part of a long route journey. We have to take all our necessary equipment within these cargo carriers. But sometimes these bags create a problem for the tourists to make enough space for sitting comfortably. This situation occurs when the whole family of four to five people is going on an excursion to enjoy the vacation.
A roof box can solve this irritating problem and ensure an enjoyable journey. The cargo box can easily take all the loads on the top of the vehicle and extend the interior space to sit with ease. You can pack the box with the camping materials or also the skis or snowboards. Now, there are different types of roof boxes available in the market containing several features to give the users smooth riding and a comfortable journey for the passengers. But as a new user of the roof box, there are few things to check before buying a roof box, such as The volume of the box, configuration, suitable roof racks, durability, and also the price.
Thule is one of the popular roof box providers in the market now. They bring cargo boxes of different segments, sizes, shapes, and colors. Thule Motion XT is one of Thule’s most iconic segments. Their features are unique compared to other high-rated cargo boxes. Most importantly, it comes in several sizes so that you can choose between them based on your required space.
Thule Motion XT XL is the second-largest cargo box in their Motion XT segment. It will provide enough space for the equipment of the family of four members. This article will briefly give an overview of this popular cargo box and discuss its features.
The second-largest roof box of the Thule Motion XT segment has a volume of 18 cubic feet that is sufficient for an average of four to five people’s equipment. You can install this large size box on SUVs or any medium-size vehicle. It has a length of 7 feet, a width of 36 inches, and a height of 17 inches. You can load five to seven pairs of skis with a maximum length of 78 inches. Even there is an option to carry three to five snowboards that depending on their size. Thule Motion XT XL has a maximum load capacity of 165 pounds as its weight is 46 pounds.
1. PowerClick Installing System
Thule provides a unique mounting system named PowerClick, which enables install the roof box within five minutes. Its clips adapt with tracks on the floor of the box to suit various roof racks. You can install it on aero, elliptical, square, round, and other most factory crossbars.
To mount the box, set it on the roof of your roof bars and place the ties over your crossbars. After that, just open the dial to tighten the ties around the bars. Dialing clicks when bonds are secured.
2. SlideLock System
The box is built-in with a SlideLock system on both sides of the cover. The locks are integrated with indicators, which will confirm your installation process. In addition to that, you couldn’t be detached the keys from the lock without closing or locking the cover properly. That’s why there is no chance to drive the vehicle without locked the box properly.
The locks of this box include Thule One-Key System, which offers you the ability to swap them out to make all the Thule products keyed the same.
3. Dual side opening
Thule Motion XT XL box gives an easy way to access your things from both sides of the box. Its dual-side opening cover features enable you to pack, unpack, or access all your equipment from either side of the vehicle.
Moreover, the box is integrated with easily grip able handles, with that you can open and close the cover easily with a single hand. It adds a comfortable pull rope to the interior that benefits you close the cover. Then its cover has lifters which assure it opens and closes sleekly.
The construction of this box is made with long-lasting ABS plastic, which is light in weight. On the other hand, the box is strong and also impact-resistant.
The box looks attractive on any vehicle with its glossy black color scheme. Its covers are finished with gel-coat, which makes it more stylish and less susceptible to parts, marks, and severe UV radiation when matched with color.
6. Hatch Access
There is very little chance to contact the roof box while you can access the whole container. It is possible because of its awesome design of frontal position on the top of the vehicle.
7. Equipment Tie-down Points
There are options to tie up all of the equipment inside the roof box. Inside the box, some holding points are protecting the loads and keep them in the proper place. You have to loop the given cords into the hook points and pull the cords tight to protect the equipment.
Thule Motion XT XL roof boxes are a little higher price range. In the market, there are many cheaper roof boxes available, providing pretty similar features. But according to the user reviews, these Thule Motion XT XL boxes are worth their high price. You will understand its value the moment you will install the box on the top of your vehicle.
These boxes provide enough features that will make your journey more enjoyable and comfortable. Thule Motion XT XL boxes will give you the perfect service to easily transport huge materials, from installing the box to perfectly carrying your materials inside the box. That’s why if you wanted to hold a durable roof box for your vehicle and have enough cash to purchase the box, you could rely on this box without any doubt.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Thule Roof Boxes:
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
- Fits SportRack Roof Rack Systems, square, round and most factory racks (Check fit guide)
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal included
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic includes a key lock to secure contents in the box
- ABS construction that is durable and UV-resistant; Easy to clean with mild soap and water
- Min-max crossbars spacing: 23 5/8" - 29 3/4"; Max weight capacity: 100 pounds
- External dimensions: 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches | Internal dimensions: 84.5 x 33 x 16 inches
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards
- Load capacity: 165 pounds | Product Weight: 55 pounds
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 inch
- Complete four-pack of bags for organizing the roof box or trunk load
- Easy access to your gear through oversized, wide mouth opening
- Quickly access smaller items through external stash pocket
- Padded shoulder strap and multiple grip handles for comfortable carry
- Side handles for convenient handling in the roof box
- Full trunk access with minimal risk of contact with the cargo box, thanks to its forward position on the vehicle roof
- Easy to mount thanks to the PowerClick quick-mount system. The integrated torque indicator clicks when it’s properly mounted, ensuring fast and secure fitting
- Reinforced lid makes for a smooth, effortless dual-sided opening and closing
- An elegant, sporty design with seamless integration of the lid and the base that adds a distinctive look to any car
- A premium interior with integrated lighting and a felt-lined base for increased gear protection that enhances the user experience
- Rugged construction made from impact resistant ABS material
- Quick release attachment kit included for easy installation and removal
- Passenger side opening for access away from traffic
- Fits sport rack roof rack systems, square, round and most factory racks (check fit guide)
- Holds 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 210 cm) or 2-3 snowboards
- Weather-resistant rooftop cargo bag
- Provides 16 cu ft of storage space
- Padded base protects vehicle from abrasion
- Easy access to gear via coated 3-sided zipper
- Large storm flaps help keep your gear dry during loading and unloading
- Spacious cargo carrier adds 15 cubic feet of storage to your vehicle
- Weather-resistant design includes storm flaps for enhanced zipper protection
- Quickly secures to factory or aftermarket crossbars with included attachment straps
- Measures 41" x 34" x 18" when fully loaded
- Folds up into the included storage bag when not in use
- Mounts onto a garage ceiling
- Preassembled with drill patterns for easy installation
- Lifts load easily with help of winch
- Lifts load up to 100kg (220lbs)
- Works perfectly with roof boxes, kayaks, surfboards, etc.
You May Also Like…
- The 6 Best Cadillac Escalade Cargo Carriers
- The 6 Best Chevy Suburban Roof Cargo Carriers
- Yakima Rocketbox Pro Review
- The 6 Best Bike Roof Racks
- The Ultimate Guide of Cargo Box for SUV
Last Update : 2021-07-10