The well-designed Thule Roof Box storage lifts with top-notch build quality can last for a lifetime. They always ensure the safety and security of your stuff; moreover, at the same time, they provide you with ease of access. Very few lifts can point damage to your cargo carrier box, garage, or car, as well as damage and much frustration.
There are many kinds of Thule Roof Boxes Storage Lifts available on the market. Choosing the one that is best for you can be a little hard. Fortunately, we are here with an article on reviewing the top 5 Thule Cargo Lifts available.
When we were trying to determine the best cargo carrier lift money can buy, we have considered some important things such as great build quality, value for money, and the different abilities of a user.
Our top 5 Thule Roof Box Storage Lifts below outline the best ones on the market today.
Best Thule Ceiling Hoist Box Lift:
1. Thule MultiLift
- Storage solution for rooftop cargo boxes, kayaks, surfboards , and more
- Mounts directly to ceiling
- Built in winch helps lift loads up to 220 lbs/ 100 kg easily
- Easily raise and lower cargo by turning the crank handle
- Can be lowered up to 78 inches and raises up to 6 inches from the ceiling
- Preassembled with drill patterns for easy installation
- Ceiling fasteners will vary based on ceiling type and are not included. 14 fasteners are needed for installation
- Includes 5 mm x 10 m long rope and 4 ft crank handle
- Product weight: 7.5 lbs
- Product dimensions: 36 x 60 x 30 inches
This cargo carrier lift is very easy to install, and it comes with an increased warranty feature. You have to install this Thule lift on a sturdy ceiling, which is very easy to use.
The Thule MultiLift does not require any assembly. The drill patterns help a lot while installing this cargo carrier lift, and they are pretty straightforward.
This system works by using a crank. This feature is a more user-friendly mode than traditional lifting systems, which leads to producing blisters. This lift is compatible with any roof box, but it was actually designed to fit Thule cargo carrier boxes.
It has a rubber bumper on the center bracket that was designed to restrict your roof box from being raised too high, degrading the lift and the box. If you use this lift, mounting your roof box will be simple, and lifting itself lasts, at most maximum, for 2 minutes.
- Maximum weight capacity: 220 lbs.
- Type: Crank operated
- Points of contact: 6
- This lift weights: 7.5 lbs.
2. Garage Gator Motorized Platform Lift
- Assembled Dimensions: 60.00" W X 60.00" D X 30.00" H
- Perfect for keeping bikes safely out of the way in the garage
- Includes: 220 lb. Capacity motorized storage Lift, mounting plates and fastener
- Lower, Lift and store bikes and other gear securely
This storage lift comes with an electric motor so that you can lift your cargo carrier effortlessly. There are optional add-ons available for this lift, including bicycle cables and hook bars, which allow storage of various tools.
The installation will require precise preparation as this lift is pretty heavy. The shape, features, and geometry and of these two strapped cargo carrier lift systems are ideal for Thule roof Boxes.
A 120V AC/DC motor powers this lift, so you will have to use a standard power outlet in order to power the motor inside this lift.
In terms of safety, it comes with a lockable wired controller, so you can rest assured that nobody has the ability to use your lift system when you do not want it to be used. A more great safety feature is the built-in mechanical stop feature, which turns off the motor when you have got the cargo carrier box at its maximum height. This feature prevents you from damaging both your ceiling and roof box.
The company asserts that this lift should not be used on a sloped ceiling, as the odd weight distribution will produce damage. If you do have a sloped ceiling, then we recommend you get an extra horizontal beam installed if you actually want to use this cargo carrier lift.
- Maximum carrying capacity: 125 lbs.
- Type: Motorized
- Points of contact: 10
- Lift weight: 22 lbs.
3. StoreYourBoard Cargo Box Ceiling Storage Hoist
No products found.
At this point, you will get two models to pick from. Those are the pro and standards. We noticed that the difference between these two ways was that the pro model was slightly easier to use.
This happens because the pro version comes with a HI-Lift ProSystem. This is efficiently a horizontal strap in between the pulleys that decrease the chance of the straps slipping off your Thule roof box.
The installation will need some structure know-how. When you are not using this lift, you will be able to use a wall-mounted tie-off hang to adjust your ropes. With this system, there are just two-wheel holders that require to be screwed into your ceiling.
Both variants come with a secure rope locking mechanism. There is an instructional video available that gives clear instruction.
- Maximum carrying capacity: 90 lbs.
- Lift type: Rope operated
- Points of contact: 2
- Lift weight: 4.37 lbs.
4. Rage Powersports Ceiling Mount
- Store one kayak or bicycle from the celling of your garage with this storage hoist
- Includes two 6' lashing straps safely secure kayak or canoe and bicycle hoisting attachments
- Easy to use double pulley system with a 52' long 5/16" thick rope; 100 lb weight capacity
- Includes all mounting hardware and tie down cleat
- Durable, powder-coated steel construction
This is a comparatively light, heavy-duty bit of kit that was easy to use, and the installation process is straightforward as well. This product is reasonably priced also. The rope quality was a matter to concern about, but it gets the job done.
Nevertheless, long-term use could be a concern. But, the price of a new strap will not cost you a lot of money.
This lift is not suitable for ceilings that are lower than 8 feet. It comes with two 6 feet adaptable tie-down straps. It also comes with the essential tools required for a successful installation.
- Maximum weight capacity: 100 lbs.
- Type of the lift: Rope operated
- Points of contact: 2
- Lift weight: 7 lbs.
5. RAD Rail Mount Heavy Duty Lift
- ►RUBBER COATED HOOKS - Hooks are designed with a rubber coating to proteft your bicycle or equipment from scratches
- ►HEAVY DUTY - Robust engineering allows you to lift heavy bikes or ladders up to 75 lbs capacity
- ►EASE OF MOUNTING - Easy Mount Rail allows installation directly to ceiling joist or joists, no mounting boards needed. For Ceilings up to 12ft.
- ►CAM LOCK MECHANISM - Safe locking mechanism prevents accidental release, making sure every pull is secure
- ►EASE OF USE - Raises and lowers with ease. The RAD Easy Rail Mount system is adjustable, multi-purpose versatile
This Heavy Duty Lift from RAD comes with a patented rail mount system and that is extremely customizable. This permits you to run the hoisting wheels to wherever you want them to be.
This lift also comes with a lifetime manufacturer warranty, so the manufacturer is guaranteed that the build quality is not a matter.
The RAD Rail Mount Heavy Duty Lift is both durable and lightweight. The strap quality appeared quite good. The straps and belts you will need do not come with the package when you buy this, which is one of the main reasons we have placed this list on the last.
Moreover, we also do not recommend you to use the wood screws provided with this lift, so we suggest purchasing your own.
It was made out of heavy-duty aluminum. This light frame is very easy to install. An extra advantage of aluminum is that you will not face any problems related to rust. You can change the distance between pulleys following the size of your Thule roof box.
- Maximum weight capacity: 75 lbs.
- Type of the lift: Rope operated
- Points of contact: 2
- Lift weight: 5 lbs.
How does a Roof Box Ceiling Hoist Box Lift work for You?
You must take care of your Thule roof Box, which indicates keeping it somewhere safe when not in use. These lifting systems are the best option for you.
At first, they assure you descend your Thule Cargo Roof Box without brute strength away, causing no harm. Besides, it holds your Thule Box securely out of danger’s way. Hereabouts is a checklist of points to study before buying:-
- Height of garage: Extent, once the lift is established, is an important factor. There has to be enough space for your car to drive beneath it without damaging both the roof box and the roof of your car. When you measure clearance under a lifted Thule roof box, determine in 1 foot of space to account for the lift and dip.
- Garage Ceiling Construction: If there is only a single beam in your garage, then you will need to use the two-point mounting system so that both installation points can fit into the single beam.
If you are handling a lift that requires to be kept up with bolts or anchors, you will necessitate giving attention to the types of anchors and screws, depending on what stuff the wall of your garage is made out of.
- Effortless hoisting: Rope lifts need physical strength. And electric motors require access to an energy source, and that will cost you electricity. Lifts that are operated by a winch comes with cranks, as like on retractable canopies. So think about whether you have enough strength to use a pulley system or want something that needs less hand-operated input.
- Weight: Make sure to consider the weight you want your roof box lift to hold. There is the measurement of the Thule roof Box and things (if you want to keep them). Once you understand this, review the specs of the lift and see whether it has the ability to manage this weight load before you purchase.
Moreover, if your Thule roof Box has anything inside while you are using the lift, make sure that the weight distribution is balanced to support your lift to operate at its best and avoid any uncertain tipping.
- Roof Box Size: Two-point mounted lifts should be enough for the smaller or more miniature Thule Roof Boxes. The larger Thule Roof Boxes will require four mounting points along with pulleys in order to ensure stability.
The things you need to consider while choosing the best storage lift to get for your Thule RoofBox:
- Maximum Weight holding capacity
- Type of the lift
- Points of Contact
- How much does the lift Weights itself
This should make narrowing down your choices a little easier. In addition, you can also answer the following questions:
- What is the height of your garage, and will you have enough clearance for parking your car?
- Can the ceiling of the garage accommodate the roof box lift, and are your walls able to keep the needed screws in place?
- How much manual effort is you like and are able to put into lifting my Thule Roof Box?
- What weight can this lifting system carry? What is the weight of the box contents, if there are any?
- What is the size and shape of your Thule roof box, and will it be compatible with this lifting system?
With this in mind, you are bound to pick the best Storage Lift for your Thule Roof Box.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Roof Box Storage System:
- Aerodynamic Contoured Design: This sleek, aerodynamic contoured design mounts securely to your roof rack with a low profile. The glossy finish keeps it looking sharp on top of your vehicle
- High Quality: Built from durable ABS plastic and shatterproof PMMA, it's made to handle the elements and outdoor use for years. The rugged impact-resistant construction ensures it will hold up through adventures
- Large Capacity: Perfect for road trips and outdoor activities when you need extra storage. The spacious 62 inch box provides 14 cubic feet of space to easily fit camping gear, sports equipment, luggage and more
- Box Dimension: 62.2" L x 31.1" W x 15” H. Fits most factory and aftermarket crossbars from 17.32 inches up to 42.12 inches wide. Check your bar size before ordering. Holds up to 130 pounds of gear securely
- Customer Service: Hassle-free installation with our tool-free mounting brackets. Top and side access for easy loading. We provide 2 keys and a helpful user manual. Our helpful support team is standing by if you have any questions
- ALL SET TO GO – Pack for your next adventure with a roof cargo bag from RHINO BAGMATE! Your large, 19 cubic ft. cargo bag keeps everything you need securely out of the way, so you can relax and hit the road!
- CARRIER FOR ALL CONDITIONS – Bad weather? No worries. Your cargo carrier bag is 100% waterproof and keeps your things safe through snow, sun, or sleet because of its coated tarpaulin and zippers!
- SAFE AND SECURE – Enjoy the assurance of a car roof bag that puts safety first. Unlike other roof bags, your car carrier includes 4 door hooks that don’t go through the car and interfere with airbags.
- FOR ANY CAR – Roof racks, no roof racks – every vehicle is a vessel for your rooftop cargo box! Fasten your door hooks around racks OR latch them into the car’s interior and trust their tight hold.
- UNPACK OUR PROMISE – Free space in your vehicle and your mind with BAGMATE's 2-year warranty! We promise lasting quality and desire to make your next road trip the best one yet.
- Perfect for securing gear on roof rack or truck bed
- Extremely durable and weather resistant construction
- Heavy duty handles and tie-down plates for secure mounting
- Large 36" x 20" x 11.5" interior storage capacity
- Designed for secure roof mounting with Cargo Roof Mount (sold separately)
Last Update : 2023-11-30