The well-designed Thule Roof Box storage lifts with top-notch build quality can last for a lifetime. They always ensure the safety and security of your stuff; moreover, at the same time, they provide you with ease of access. Very few lifts can point damage to your cargo carrier box, garage, or car, as well as damage and much frustration.
There are many kinds of Thule Roof Boxes Storage Lifts available on the market. Choosing the one that is best for you can be a little hard. Fortunately, we are here with an article on reviewing the top 5 Thule Cargo Lifts available.
When we were trying to determine the best cargo carrier lift money can buy, we have considered some important things such as great build quality, value for money, and the different abilities of a user.
Our top 5 Thule Roof Box Storage Lifts below outline the best ones on the market today.
Best Thule Ceiling Hoist Box Lift:
1. Thule MultiLift
- Storage solution for rooftop cargo boxes, kayaks, surfboards , and more
- Mounts directly to ceiling
- Built in winch helps lift loads up to 220 lbs/ 100 kg easily
- Easily raise and lower cargo by turning the crank handle
- Can be lowered up to 78 inches and raises up to 6 inches from the ceiling
This cargo carrier lift is very easy to install, and it comes with an increased warranty feature. You have to install this Thule lift on a sturdy ceiling, which is very easy to use.
The Thule MultiLift does not require any assembly. The drill patterns help a lot while installing this cargo carrier lift, and they are pretty straightforward.
This system works by using a crank. This feature is a more user-friendly mode than traditional lifting systems, which leads to producing blisters. This lift is compatible with any roof box, but it was actually designed to fit Thule cargo carrier boxes.
It has a rubber bumper on the center bracket that was designed to restrict your roof box from being raised too high, degrading the lift and the box. If you use this lift, mounting your roof box will be simple, and lifting itself lasts, at most maximum, for 2 minutes.
- Maximum weight capacity: 220 lbs.
- Type: Crank operated
- Points of contact: 6
- This lift weights: 7.5 lbs.
2. Garage Gator Motorized Platform Lift
- Assembled Dimensions: 60.00" W X 60.00" D X 30.00" H
- Perfect for keeping bikes safely out of the way in the garage
- Includes: 220 lb. Capacity motorized storage Lift, mounting plates and fastener
- Lower, Lift and store bikes and other gear securely
This storage lift comes with an electric motor so that you can lift your cargo carrier effortlessly. There are optional add-ons available for this lift, including bicycle cables and hook bars, which allow storage of various tools.
The installation will require precise preparation as this lift is pretty heavy. The shape, features, and geometry and of these two strapped cargo carrier lift systems are ideal for Thule roof Boxes.
A 120V AC/DC motor powers this lift, so you will have to use a standard power outlet in order to power the motor inside this lift.
In terms of safety, it comes with a lockable wired controller, so you can rest assured that nobody has the ability to use your lift system when you do not want it to be used. A more great safety feature is the built-in mechanical stop feature, which turns off the motor when you have got the cargo carrier box at its maximum height. This feature prevents you from damaging both your ceiling and roof box.
The company asserts that this lift should not be used on a sloped ceiling, as the odd weight distribution will produce damage. If you do have a sloped ceiling, then we recommend you get an extra horizontal beam installed if you actually want to use this cargo carrier lift.
- Maximum carrying capacity: 125 lbs.
- Type: Motorized
- Points of contact: 10
- Lift weight: 22 lbs.
3. StoreYourBoard Cargo Box Ceiling Storage Hoist
At this point, you will get two models to pick from. Those are the pro and standards. We noticed that the difference between these two ways was that the pro model was slightly easier to use.
This happens because the pro version comes with a HI-Lift ProSystem. This is efficiently a horizontal strap in between the pulleys that decrease the chance of the straps slipping off your Thule roof box.
The installation will need some structure know-how. When you are not using this lift, you will be able to use a wall-mounted tie-off hang to adjust your ropes. With this system, there are just two-wheel holders that require to be screwed into your ceiling.
Both variants come with a secure rope locking mechanism. There is an instructional video available that gives clear instruction.
- Maximum carrying capacity: 90 lbs.
- Lift type: Rope operated
- Points of contact: 2
- Lift weight: 4.37 lbs.
4. Rage Powersports Ceiling Mount
- Store one kayak or bicycle from the celling of your garage with this storage hoist
- Includes two 6' lashing straps safely secure kayak or canoe and bicycle hoisting attachments
- Easy to use double pulley system with a 52' long 5/16" thick rope; 100 lb weight capacity
- Includes all mounting hardware and tie down cleat
- Durable, powder-coated steel construction
This is a comparatively light, heavy-duty bit of kit that was easy to use, and the installation process is straightforward as well. This product is reasonably priced also. The rope quality was a matter to concern about, but it gets the job done.
Nevertheless, long-term use could be a concern. But, the price of a new strap will not cost you a lot of money.
This lift is not suitable for ceilings that are lower than 8 feet. It comes with two 6 feet adaptable tie-down straps. It also comes with the essential tools required for a successful installation.
- Maximum weight capacity: 100 lbs.
- Type of the lift: Rope operated
- Points of contact: 2
- Lift weight: 7 lbs.
5. RAD Rail Mount Heavy Duty Lift
- ►RUBBER COATED HOOKS - Hooks are designed with a rubber coating to proteft your bicycle or equipment from scratches
- ►HEAVY DUTY - Robust engineering allows you to lift heavy bikes or ladders up to 75 lbs capacity
- ►EASE OF MOUNTING - Easy Mount Rail allows installation directly to ceiling joist or joists, no mounting boards needed. For Ceilings up to 12ft.
- ►CAM LOCK MECHANISM - Safe locking mechanism prevents accidental release, making sure every pull is secure
- ►EASE OF USE - Raises and lowers with ease. The RAD Easy Rail Mount system is adjustable, multi-purpose versatile
This Heavy Duty Lift from RAD comes with a patented rail mount system and that is extremely customizable. This permits you to run the hoisting wheels to wherever you want them to be.
This lift also comes with a lifetime manufacturer warranty, so the manufacturer is guaranteed that the build quality is not a matter.
The RAD Rail Mount Heavy Duty Lift is both durable and lightweight. The strap quality appeared quite good. The straps and belts you will need do not come with the package when you buy this, which is one of the main reasons we have placed this list on the last.
Moreover, we also do not recommend you to use the wood screws provided with this lift, so we suggest purchasing your own.
It was made out of heavy-duty aluminum. This light frame is very easy to install. An extra advantage of aluminum is that you will not face any problems related to rust. You can change the distance between pulleys following the size of your Thule roof box.
- Maximum weight capacity: 75 lbs.
- Type of the lift: Rope operated
- Points of contact: 2
- Lift weight: 5 lbs.
How does a Roof Box Ceiling Hoist Box Lift work for You?
You must take care of your Thule roof Box, which indicates keeping it somewhere safe when not in use. These lifting systems are the best option for you.
At first, they assure you descend your Thule Cargo Roof Box without brute strength away, causing no harm. Besides, it holds your Thule Box securely out of danger’s way. Hereabouts is a checklist of points to study before buying:-
- Height of garage: Extent, once the lift is established, is an important factor. There has to be enough space for your car to drive beneath it without damaging both the roof box and the roof of your car. When you measure clearance under a lifted Thule roof box, determine in 1 foot of space to account for the lift and dip.
- Garage Ceiling Construction: If there is only a single beam in your garage, then you will need to use the two-point mounting system so that both installation points can fit into the single beam.
If you are handling a lift that requires to be kept up with bolts or anchors, you will necessitate giving attention to the types of anchors and screws, depending on what stuff the wall of your garage is made out of.
- Effortless hoisting: Rope lifts need physical strength. And electric motors require access to an energy source, and that will cost you electricity. Lifts that are operated by a winch comes with cranks, as like on retractable canopies. So think about whether you have enough strength to use a pulley system or want something that needs less hand-operated input.
- Weight: Make sure to consider the weight you want your roof box lift to hold. There is the measurement of the Thule roof Box and things (if you want to keep them). Once you understand this, review the specs of the lift and see whether it has the ability to manage this weight load before you purchase.
Moreover, if your Thule roof Box has anything inside while you are using the lift, make sure that the weight distribution is balanced to support your lift to operate at its best and avoid any uncertain tipping.
- Roof Box Size: Two-point mounted lifts should be enough for the smaller or more miniature Thule Roof Boxes. The larger Thule Roof Boxes will require four mounting points along with pulleys in order to ensure stability.
The things you need to consider while choosing the best storage lift to get for your Thule RoofBox:
- Maximum Weight holding capacity
- Type of the lift
- Points of Contact
- How much does the lift Weights itself
This should make narrowing down your choices a little easier. In addition, you can also answer the following questions:
- What is the height of your garage, and will you have enough clearance for parking your car?
- Can the ceiling of the garage accommodate the roof box lift, and are your walls able to keep the needed screws in place?
- How much manual effort is you like and are able to put into lifting my Thule Roof Box?
- What weight can this lifting system carry? What is the weight of the box contents, if there are any?
- What is the size and shape of your Thule roof box, and will it be compatible with this lifting system?
With this in mind, you are bound to pick the best Storage Lift for your Thule Roof Box.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List of Roof Box Storage System:
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
- SPACIOUS, STYLISH, AND AERODYNAMIC: Textured finish with glossy side linings blends in seamlessly with your vehicle. 17 Cu Ft (480 L) of cargo capacity provides ideal storage for skis, snowboards, boots, helmets, duffel bags, and still leaves room for your other gear. Supports up to 130 lbs (60 kg) weight capacity.
- SECURE AND WATERPROOF: Central locking system ensures that the key cannot be removed until the box is locked. Weather-resistant & waterproof. Comes with 4 (four) keys and 2 straps.
- TOOL-FREE INSTALLATION AND UNIVERSAL FITMENT: Comes fully assembled and ready to mount on your vehicle. Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal. Fits vehicles with roof racks/crossbars (Roof racks are not included).
- DUAL-SIDE OPENING AND CLOSING: Convenient loading and unloading of your gear from both sides of the cargo box. Dual side opening also helps with easy mounting and de-mounting the carrier from your vehicle.
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Made from heavy-duty, UV-resistant, and impact-resistant ABS material. Lightweight, sturdy and durable. Made in Turkey, Assembled in the U.S.A.
- CROSS BARS: Universal Style; Aluminum Bar Construction
- CARGO BOX: Heavy Duty ABS Plastic Construction; Black Smooth Surface Finish; Non-Slip Bottom
- OVERALL DIMENSION: 67" L x 30" W x 13" H
- STRENGTH: With Strong Support Arm, Opens from the Side and Stays Open Til you Close It
- NOTE: Fits Vehicles with Roofs up to 135cm Wide; Attaches to Vehicles with Roof Rails Only
- ▶️ This roof top storage box is universal fit for mounting to max 13 inches wide cross bar, please check the dimension before purchase.
- ▶️ The package comes with  53 inches length storage box,  security lock key, and  heavy duty tool free installation mounting brackets.
- ▶️ It is constructed of rugged, impact-resistant ABS material to ensure a long lasting life in outdoor conditions. More, it can open from the side and stay open till you close it with the strong support arm.
- ▶️ Opens on the passenger side to 14 inches wide to store bulky items from the side and stays open till you close it, and it is very easy to install without any tool required to assembly.
- ▶️ Overall Dimensions: 53" L x 34" W x 15" H | Capacity: 11 Cubic Feet and up to 110 LBS
Last Update : 2023-02-07