Have you read your owner’s handbook before heading to the store or scrolling away on your smartphone to find the finest cargo roof box for your Subaru Crosstrek? For every vehicle, there is a roof loading restriction. Always consult your owner’s handbook to see whether the Crosstrek has a maximum weight restriction before making any impulsive choices.
Many Thule items are mentioned in the Subaru Crosstrek accessory booklet. Founded in 1942, Thule has provided racks and carriers of various kinds to outdoor enthusiasts for a long time. You don’t have to utilize their cargo boxes solely. The truth is, most freight crates may be excellent substitutes!
However, how do you make a decision? Fortunately, we’re here to help with that! Over the previous two weeks, we’ve inspected a lot of freight crates. Some of them have amazed us, while others have disappointed us. For the time being, let the fruits of our labors be used to your advantage. Take a seat, take a cup of coffee, and peruse our selection of cargo boxes.
If you own a Subaru Crosstrek, you may be interested in a roof box. If that’s the case. You need to know what you’re getting yourself into when you purchase a vehicle cargo box so that you can make the right selections.
Thanks to the internet, finding suitable cargo boxes for your vehicle and the rationale for utilizing a car roof box are both easy tasks.
Before making any purchasing decisions, you must ascertain your car’s roof’s exact dimensions and weight capacity. Where can you find out more about this topic? There are usually instructions in your automobile manual booklet; but, if your manual has been lost or stolen, you may need to contact the car dealer for assistance.
Subaru Crosstreks have a load capacity of around 150 lbs; thus, things weighing more than 180 lbs can damage the roof of your Subaru Crosstrek. Many times in the Subaru Crosstrek handbook, Thule goods are mentioned. The Thule items should be at the top of your consideration list.
Subaru Crosstrek Roof Rack
Buying a roof rack for your Subaru Crosstrek may be done at your local dealership or on Amazon.
Best 5 Cargo Roof Boxes for Subaru Crosstrek:
1. Thule Motion XT XXL Cargo Carrier
When we first saw this bag, we were smitten. That sleek, aerodynamic, and roomy look will make your mouth water. As soon as we regained consciousness, we sat down to examine the device’s specifications. It’s very easy to utilize this roof-mounted box! Quick and simple access is provided via the dual-sided entrance.
The incorporated torque indication makes a distinct sound when the box is securely installed, ensuring a long-term solution. The box won’t get in the way of your back door opening, and the Slidelock mechanism will automatically lock the lid when the box is closed.
It weighs 55 pounds and comes in two colors, with a 22 cubic-foot capacity that can hold whatever you need to keep! Okay, so maybe not everything, but this would still be a pretty large infant even if it were. However, if you’re on a tight schedule, the 16 or 18 cubic foot size would be a better fit. This is the most convenient and time-saving option.
- Easy to open and shut no matter what the weather is like
- Outside handles and lid-lifters that are easy to grip.
- Maximum weight: 75 kg
Because of its enormous capacity and exceptional attributes, it comes highly recommended. It is impossible not to fall in love with this cargo box the moment you lay eyes on it, thanks to its aerodynamic form and gleaming finish.
You won’t have to worry about whether or not your Subaru Crosstrek can utilize it since it is compatible with most OEM rack systems. Assembling and using it couldn’t be simpler, thanks largely to the straightforward setup processes.
With a capacity of up to 75kg, this bag is ideal for road trips and other outdoor adventures. The Thule roof boxes come in various sizes and capacities to meet the demands of a wide range of consumers. If you just take a few things with you when you travel, 16 to 18 cubic feet is a good choice.
On the other hand, skiers and snowboarders should look for a rod that is long enough to accommodate their equipment. The seller’s description will usually include specific measurements.
- Sixteen cubic feet, 18 cubic feet, and 22 cubic feet are all available.
- Black and Titan are the only color possibilities.
- Dimensions on the outside: 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 in.
- 84.5 x 33 x 16 inches are the inside measurements.
A dual-opening function is required to open it in a parking lot or on an interstate highway. Just how important is it that this feature? If you’re parked on the side of the road, you should avoid opening the cargo box from the driver’s side due to the danger of being hit by oncoming vehicles.
If you’re loading your products at home or in a parking lot, on the other hand, you may make better use of the space available by using both sides of the vehicle.
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. Inno Shadow 16 Cargo Box
The most eye-catching cargo box on the market is the Inno Shadow rooftop box. Look at its form and high-gloss printing, and you’ll see that it’s gorgeous, stylish, and sparkling. This is a nice-looking package. The diffuser design makes it significantly quieter and is simple to install. Dual-sided openings are one of our favorite design features, and this product does not disappoint.
In addition to the Crosstrek, SUVs, Mini Vans, and Wagons may all use this adapter. A new memory mount solution from Inno is included in this product line for simple installation. It weighs roughly 42 pounds and has a 13 cubic foot capacity with 72 x 25.6 x 11 inches inside.
- Applied aerodynamics
- Opening in two directions
- 110 lb. weight capacity
Installing it on the crossbars is a breeze with the included mounting hardware and no special tools required. They come in various styles and features; there are six to choose from.
3. SportRack Horizon XL Cargo Box
SportRack is the manufacturer of this cargo box. The SportRack Horizon roof boxes benefit from ABS’s durability, sturdiness, and waterproofness. You won’t have to stress about installing since it’ll fit in most factory rack systems.
Eleven cubic feet, 16 cubic feet, and 17 cubic feet are the three alternatives for this product. You may choose the one that best suits your requirements for outdoor activities such as camping, road vacations, and so on. Customers on a tighter budget will appreciate its affordability.
This cargo box may not be as visually appealing as some of our other choices, but it more than makes up for it in terms of durability. Impact-resistant ABS material is used to make this product, which is very durable.
Easy installation and removal are made possible with a quick-release connection kit and the unit’s 17 cubic feet of space. In addition to the Crosstrek, it will fit on round and square bars and the majority of factory racks. If you’re looking for something a little more compact, consider the Horizon Alpine or L.
- It’s a hefty 44 pounds.
- Long-lasting and dependable
- Only the driver’s side door may be opened.
- 50 kg of weight may be carried.
- Rugged construction made from impact resistant ABS material
- Quick release attachment kit included for easy installation and removal
- Passenger side opening for access away from traffic
- Fits SportRack Roof Rack Systems, square, round and most factory racks (Check Fit Guide)
- Holds 4-6 pairs of skis (up to 216 cm) or 3-4 snowboards
4. Yakima Carbonite Skybox
Its aerodynamic design decreases wind noise without affecting fuel economy. The very long-lasting material provides the safety and security of your possessions in the roof box throughout your road trips.
You don’t have to worry about installing a cargo box since you can read an article about it. The Yakima roof box may be installed on top of your rack bars without the need for any tools in just a few minutes. If you’re looking to purchase a Yakima Skybox cargo box for your Subaru Crosstrek, make sure your rack system has a spread of 24 to 42 inches first. This is a stunning box, but it’s hefty at 75 lbs. Considering its size, the weight it can bear is rather modest. This container has a capacity of 21 cubic feet. However, keep in mind that despite its smaller size, the Thule has a larger weight capacity.
However, there are a few beneficial aspects to the box. Dual-sided opening and a super latch make it easy to open or close the product. As a result of its elegant tapering shape, it has less hatch interference. This is a no-tool-required installation. If you’re looking for something lighter from Yakima, smaller sizes are also an option.
- Installation without the need of any tools
- The volume of 21 cubic meters
- The truck can carry 28 kg of weight.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits Yakima round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
5. Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box
Thule offers this as an additional option as well. Like the other choices, it is simple to use. The downside is that it’s smaller than other alternatives. Up to 165 pounds may be carried in an 11-cubic-foot volume. Car roof boxes wider than 24.75 inches may accommodate additional types of equipment such as bikes, kayaks, and more.
Quick-mount processes, loud mounting hardware, and a dual-opening feature contribute to the simplicity of use. On our Subaru Crosstrek, this cargo box is a perfect fit. Even though it’s the tiniest of our favorites, this is the one we couldn’t resist sharing with you.
You can quickly attach it to the top of your vehicle using the Power Click quick-mount mechanism. A clear clicking sound is heard when the box is properly attached, providing a safe and secure installation. It’s easy to open and shut because of the lock knob. This prevents the Thule Comfort Key from being damaged.
Cargo Boxes have a dual-sided opening, but you’ll realize why this is so crucial after you have one. As a result of the box’s position on your car’s roof, you have easy access to the trunk and little to no chance of bumping into your box. The total weight of this item is 32 pounds.
This model comes in four sizes: 16 cubic feet, 18 cubic feet, 22 cubic feet, and 11 cubic feet. Your Subaru Crosstrek and your family may both benefit from the option that best suits their needs. A Limited Lifetime Warranty covers your purchase from Thule.
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
Here are our picks for the best Subaru Crosstrek cargo boxes. Use the Quick-pick section to select one for your Subaru Crosstrek in just a few seconds if you’re on the go.
If you’re interested in learning more about the roof cargo boxes for your Subaru Crosstrek, check out the section under “Details regarding Roof Cargo Boxes.” Cargo carriers may be used for various reasons, and we have several articles on the subject.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-27