The Kia Soul is a fantastic car with a unique look. But these cars are not so big. So they do not have much space for your stuff. So if you want to increase your Kia Soul’s storage capacity, you can install a roof box on top of your car so that you can take more gear with you on your trips.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best Kia Soul Roof Cargo Boxes. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Hyper XL Cargo Box
– Aerodynamic Design – YAKIMA RocketBox Pro
– Value for Money – JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Kia is a South Korean automaker that has been growing in the U.S market for years. Kia needed a car to compete with entry-level and economy vehicles such as the Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris but not be too big so it could still be classified as a Kia Soul. The Kia Soul has been on the market since 2008, and Kia intended to keep it in competition by updating its design and mechanicals.
With a roof box, you can carry more stuff full of safety. Moreover, roof boxes are available in different sizes that are suitable for different cars. Many roof boxes are specially designed for this type of car. So if you have a Kia Soul, you can easily find a perfect roof cargo box for your Kia Soul. Many of these roof boxes are universal also.
It is very important to make sure that how much weight your roof bars can take. So that you can load items in your roof box considering the weight of your cargo box and the weight of your stuff.
If you do not want to buy any roof rack, there are many roof boxes available on the market that don’t necessarily need one. But before installing a roof box without any roof rack, you should make sure of the clearance of roof-mounted antennas, the rear hatchback, and any navigation fins.
Advantages & Disadvantages Kia Soul Roof Cargo Box
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Roof Cargo Box for Kia Soul:
1. Thule Vector Roof Box
The Thule Vector is an elegant, stylish design with seamless integration of the lid, and the base adds a distinctive look to any car. It is made with a smooth and aerodynamic design capable of storing up to 165lbs of gear. The Vector fits 3-5 sets of skis, has felt-lined storage, motion-activated LED lights for better visibility at night, flush-mount closure for included security, double side opening to access equipment from either side of the vehicle, and also a strengthened lid.
The sleek and also modern Thule Vector rooftop cargo box finds balance in power through function! It looks great on any type of roofline while storing and transporting things securely on top of your vehicle.
- Dual-Side Opening: The reinforced lid makes for a smooth, effortless dual-sided opening and closing.
- The rear of Vehicle Access: Full trunk gain access to with minimal danger of contact with the cargo box, thanks to its forward setting on the car roof.
- Secure SlideLock System: The SlideLock system with different locking and opening features automatically secures the lid in place and shows when the box is closed securely.
- PowerClick Quick-Mount System: Easy to install to the PowerClick quick-mount system. The integrated torque indicator clicks when it’s correctly installed, ensuring quick and protection suitably.
- Premium Interior: A premium interior with integrated lighting and a felt-lined base for increased gear protection enhances the user experience.
- Built-in LED-Light: A white-colored interior of the lid combined with a LED light facilitates loading and unloading at night.
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
2. JEGS 90098 Cargo Carrier
The first option in this list is the JEGS Performance Products 90098 Cargo Carrier. It comes with 18 cubic feet of storage space. So there is a lot of space inside for your stuff. This box measures 57″ long, 39″ wide, and 19″ high. It weighs only 28 lbs.
The weight carrying capacity of this roof box is 137 lbs. No tool is required to assemble and install this roof cargo box. It comes with an aerodynamic design, and it looks stunning. It is available in black color.
This roof box requires a roof rack to get installed, and it is only compatible with cross rail systems.
The JEGS box comes with all the necessary mounting equipment and two keys for the lock. It also comes with a limited lifetime guarantee. You will be able to fit it on the square and round aero bars. JEGS is an American manufacturer. This box from JEGS is very easy to open and close. It is compatible with any extreme weather conditions. The outer handles and supporting lid-lifters are very useful and grip-friendly. This roof box is the best option for cars small as the Mini Cooper.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. Goplus Cargo Box
This roof cargo box measures 63” x 31” x 15”. So there will be no overhang when you install this roof cargo box on top of your mini cooper. It is so lightweight. It weighs only 25 lbs.
This Goplus roof cargo box comes with 14 cubic feet of storage space. So that you can carry a lot of items with it, moreover, it comes with a dual-sided opening feature, and it is available in three colors: black, white, and titanium grey.
There are metal lid stiffeners at the bottom of this roof box that makes the box very stable and secure while you are driving. It is made out of ABS and plastic. So it is very durable, and it will last for a long time.
This roof box is compatible with any extreme weather conditions. It comes with four quick connect anchors that make it easy to install the box. It is also equipped with super latch security that ensures the security of your stuff by keeping the lid strongly secured to the base.
This roof box is compatible with square, round, and most aerodynamic bars. It also comes with the keys for locks. You do not have to be concerned about losing those keys because they are easily duplicable.
- Perfect for Road Trip---Take the cargo box to the park, the beach, the sports field, or any place you need to store. Works on all vehicles with rack, suitable for cars, vans, SUVs, etc. Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and has less noise.
- 14 Cubic Feet of Cargo Space---With the large capacity, the roof cargo box can help you securely carry 14 cubic feet worth of essentials, can increase vehicle cargo space without impeding on passenger comfort, more capacity, more pleasure!
- Robust & Security Design---The roof cargo box is designed to withstand heavy use in different types of weather conditions. The metal lid stiffeners at the bottom makes the roof box more stable and safer. With the double-lock design for protecting your valuables. 【Note】This product is suitable for vehicles with rack (the width of the luggage rack is adjusted to between 16.1 inches and 24.8 inches, and the width of the roof crossbar is less than 3.1 inches).
- High Quality Material---The roof box is manufactured from sturdy ABS and PC material for long-lasting use, able to protect your valuables from exposure to the elements and can load 165 lbs capacity, suitable for round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars.
- Easy to Install---The Goplus roof box equipped with 4 quick connect anchors for easy install and super latch security ensures your lid secure to its base, and your gear is safe. Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle to increased efficiency and convenience.
4. Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box
Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box is catchy, smooth, and classy while being extremely easy to use. It is a breeze to put in if you intend on using it on and off your Kia Soul regularly. If you wish a box that ranks at the highest of the crowd in both performances and appears, the highest Pick-winning Thule Hyper XL could be an excellent option.
It retails considerably over other products that work identical basic functions nearly identically. The Hyper XL may be a great cargo carrier but should not be your first choice if you’re shopping on a budget. It’s mainly for folks that are ready to pay a premium for appearance.
Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box may be a high-quality cargo box with a secured AeroNose design and a strengthened ultra-thick lid for stability and also decreases noise. The box is outfitted accurately and centered, assuring it doesn’t move in. once you hit the road. It’s quite long-lasting and protected with a look to stop drag and noise.
- AeroNose configuration that enables it to hold drag and forestall sound.
- Carries 4 – 6 snowboards or 6 – 8 pairs of skis.
- The lid of the Thule Hyper box is strengthened with a thick material to assist improve its durability.
- The Base is reinforced with a thick substance to withstand the wind forces when traveling at high speeds.
- Rear-Angled Base and advanced vehicle mounting positions give the simplest attainable trunk and hatch clearance.
- Its AcuTight mounting system ensures your box is secured in the least times, even after hitting the optimal hold.
- SecureLock locking tool securely locks and restricts you from removing the key if the lock isn’t completely engaged.
- The box opens on both driver and passenger sides.
- It costs over other Thule Cargo Boxes.
- There isn’t any visible indicator that confirms if the box is opened or locked.
- The handles don’t seem to be strong enough and crack easily but can last if not pulled too heavily.
- It only is offered in one color and size, that’s a scheme of black and grey.
- Patented AeroNose Design reduces drag and noise making it the most aerodynamic box available.Load capacity 110 lb
- Reinforced Ultra-Thick Lid and Base for maximum durability
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- Integrated Light for nighttime loading and unloading
5. YAKIMA RocketBox Pro
Yakima RocketBox Pro Rooftop Cargo Box may be a good cargo box that may easily be positioned on all cars. If you’re searching for a budget-friendly box for your luxurious car, it’s going to be the correct option for you. It’s some standard features, and therefore the build optimized the planning to get more performance. It’s excellent in terms of design and quality. The simplest thing about the Rocketbox is its easy installation. The cargo roof box is extremely transferable to any or all cars. Especially, small cars can use it without fear of size difficulties. The aerodynamic design decreases the mounting tool for moving and forwarding, and therefore there aren’t any troubles to use it.
Unfortunately, many users are disappointed with how it performed compared to the different boxes. The Rocketbox looks are moderately average. It’s a touch of a bulbous shape that doesn’t look individually streamlined. This box is one of the smallest amounts of expensive contenders within the roof box market. You’ll get what you procure, which is the lower building quality. If you maintain it carefully, the low price for the additional cargo-carrying capability should be worthwhile.
- Comfortable controlling, central locking system; built-in Same Key System lock centers help maintain your properties safely.
- Dual-side opening facilitates access to your gear; the box rises with a push button for most simple use.
- The aerodynamic shape adds to your Yakima car-top rack. That’s why your gears inside the box stay in perfect position.
- The box fits with most of the factory bars, such as Yakima Whispbar racks, square, round bars, and others.
- It is created from up to 80% recovered ABS plastic; eloquent, levered arms help the side-opening cover for simple packing.
- The flat base is that the most ingenious design for adjusting both small and wide crossbar spreads.
- No tools are required to install the box.
- You can find the Yakima RocketBox Pro of 11, 12, and 14 cubic feet.
There is nothing to bother about it except its durability. But it can be ignored due to its low price.
- Aerodynamic design to reduce drag with forward mounting hardware for improved hatch clearance making it great for small vehicles
- Perfect for SUVs, trucks and wagons; Quick-dial mounting hardware fits round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars; Hauls gear for up to 3 campers
- Dual-sided opening and push button security allow easy access on either side of your vehicle and ensure your lid is secure and your gear is safe with included SKS lock cores
- Love it 'Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Ideal for wagons and SUVs in need of added storage space, the RocketBox Pro 14 installs easily and works with a variety of factory bars so you always have extra room when you're on the go
6. Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
Small cars are fuel-efficient, simple to drive, and overall more affordable to keep up, but they include some disadvantages. When it involves loading all of your favorite adventure material and heading out, space restrictions become an issue. The Thule SideKick could be a small cargo box from Swedish manufacturer Thule.
With a load limit of 8 cubic ft. and 75 pounds. It’s not the largest cargo solution, but it’s ideal if you don’t have plenty of space, to begin with. It doesn’t have all the features of the more premium cargo boxes, but it’s some positive qualities that are enough to form it our most comprehensive cargo box for small cars. The Thule sidekick is about the identical size as your normal soft-sided cargo bag. However, unlike a cargo bag, you don’t worry about your stuff getting soaked since it’s entirely weatherproof. It’s also a full lot safer with its solid shell and two locking cores.
It gives greater security, and it’s sufficiently small to store effectively when it’s off your Kia Soul. Innovation has improved since this tiny box initially showed up, and it may well upgrade now.
- It is transferable to any or all vehicles since it’s very small in size
- One of the cheap cargo boxes
- It can be controlled by one person comfortably because it is extremely light in weight.
- Passenger-side opening helps easy filling and unloading
- Easy mounting on any side and leaves space for other items
- Thule Side Kick is formed of an impact-resistant, polyethylene structure
- Easy to Install and remove
- It has Box Outer Dimensions of 54 inches x 25 inches x 15.5 inches
- It needs a minimum bar spacing of 20.5 inches and allows a maximum of 32 inches for positioning
- Assembly is also a little problem for some of you.
- No High-end installation system
- It has only one side of the opening
- No interior locking
- It is short enough for skis
- Not one-key system
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Kia Soul Roof Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Kia Soul, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your content.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it?
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
When you buy a roof box for your Kia Soul, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
Every cargo carrier listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof cargo carrier is perfect for a particular type of use.
These 6 roof boxes and bags are the best Cargo carriers for the Kia Soul. Before you choose one, think about the layout and the weight-carrying capacity of your Kia Soul’s roof. After all, each of those is good.
Last Update : 2023-01-24