The GMC Acadia is a crossover SUV manufactured by General Motors for the GMC marque. The inside area of most SUVs with three-seat rows is adequate, but little space is available behind the third-row seats. The GMC Acadia has a small luggage capacity of just 12.8 cubic feet behind the third row.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best GMC Acadia Roof Cargo Carriers. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Overall – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
– Value for Money – Thule Force XT Cargo Box
If you buy a roof cargo box for your Acadia, you will have more space to put things without discomfort. GMC is probably making Acadia models with roof bars. This makes it easier to mount a roof cargo box. We looked at the market to find six roof cargo boxes for your GMC Acadia. They are perfect for your GMC Acadia.
Many roof cargo boxes are available in different sizes. The number of cubic feet is being used in measuring the size of the roof cargo boxes. The smallest roof box size is nine cubic feet, and they can be as large as 22 cubic feet or more. You can choose the size of your wish. The size that is suitable for you depends mostly on the amount and size of the items you want to carry with your roof cargo box.
Advantages & Disadvantages of GMC Acadia Roof Storage:
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best GMC Acadia Roof Cargo Carriers:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available during a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is that the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit a large range of vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space.Height off crossbar : 17 in
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
- Full trunk access and no roof box contact
- Lid automatically locks in place and indicates a secure closure (One Key System compatible)
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards
- External dimensions: 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches; Internal dimensions: 84.5 x 33 x 16 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product Weight: 55 lbs
2. Malone Profile18S Rooftop Cargo Box
The Profile line of rooftop boxes does give an inexpensive and broad profile design. An ideal option when mountain-bound and gone to the hills with many skis and snowboards. These boxes feature a secure, quickly attach mounting system, abrasion and UV repellent ABS structure, a centralized locking system, and a double opening cover. The Malone Profile roof box encounters large brands whose rooftop carriers cost a lot more at a reasonable price. The 18-cubic-foot design provides you with loads of additional areas to carry everything from snow skis to sleeping bags to fishing rods and extra luggage.
It also seems excellent on your car, sporting a smooth design that’s an attention-grabbing extension to your car or truck. In addition to its UV- and scratch-resistant form, this roof box encompasses a centralized locking system for extra peace of mind and may suit crossbars from 25″ to 40″ in size. It can contain 165 lbs. worth of your belongings, and it’s so well-made that the producers have given it a lifetime warranty, which gives all owners the boldness they have to stay in this roof box for several years to return.
- Cargo box installs on your car’s carrier to supply enclosed storage for your equipment.
- It has a carrying capacity of 18 volume units and a load capacity of 165 lbs.
- A Dual-side opening cover allows you to pack and unpack property from either side of your car.
- The built-in lock ensures your property within the box and also the box to crossbars. The Key can only be separated when the box is closed and sealed.
- The aerodynamic shape benefits reduce wind sound and drag.
- Long-lasting plastic construction is UV resistant.
- Outfits up to 205cm long skis and multiple boards
The quality of the threading within the tower itself may be a bit disappointing.
- Dual side opening lid for installing to either side of the vehicle
- 18 cubic foot volume fits most requirements for 3-4 skiers
- Gas piston assist hinges provide smooth opening/closing
- Quick attach mounting brackets for simple installation
- Low Profile delivers perfect aerodynamic shape
3. Thule Force XT Cargo Box
Suppose you would like more extra load space for your traveling equipment, snowboards, skiing equipment, or other baggage. In that case, it’s deserving considering buying a rooftop box. One of the most effective cargo boxes available in the shops is the Thule Force XT Cargo Box. It comes in a very smart black design that adds a beautiful look to your vehicle.
This model is a superb choice if you’re trying to find the most effective rooftop cargo carrier. It’s available in a various number of sizes. It’s available in 13 cubic feet capacities, 11 cubic feet, likewise as 17 cubic feet. This can allow users with different luggage bearing capacities must select the model that most closely fits them. Thule Force XT Cargo Box is one of the most reliable products in most online shops that sell cargo boxes.
- Thule Force XT roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- Aerodynamic shape and the diamond-textured covering on the lid of the roof box help to mount back drag.
- You will be on the road in a quick time, without any extra tools, because QuickGrip installing system comes pre-installed. This system is mounted on the round and square crossbars, and most factory racks join with a one-handed movement.
- Both-side openings let you access your things from both sides of the box.
- The locking system gives an outer lock-assist knob that’s simple to use; a built-in feature symbolizes the key can only be separated after sealed the box properly.
- A user-friendly locking system includes an oversize key; a lock does locate on both sides of the box, and each lock originates with a couple of keys.
- A bit costly but deserving each cent.
- There is some mileage problem. About 3-5 miles per gallon call fuel consumption rate.
- Installing the Thule Force XT could also be easy, but taking it off maybe a little bit of a pain by a minimum of one person.
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use.Closure type :Lock. Shell type : Hard.
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
- Full trunk access with no roof box contact
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards (up to 215 cm)
- External Dimesnions: 90.5 x 35.5 x 18.5 inches
- Internal Dimensions: 85.5 x 31 x 16.75 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product Weight: 52 lbs
4. 18S Car The Cargo Box
From several high-rated roof boxes, the primary name comes for Malone Profile 18S. The load capacity of this rooftop box is 165 lbs. measuring, and it’s largely almost 18 cubic feet. The Profile 18S is obtainable during a two-tone color scheme with an Anthracite Grey matte finish to go with almost all car’s colors and a special aerodynamic design; the box suits any car’s look.
As a product from the Melano Profile series, you may get some essential features that might facilitate your travel along with your extra equipment on your car’s rooftop. You’ll be able to open the box on dual sides. There’s a locking system within the box. So, there’s no possibility of being bothered about your materials. Malone Profile 18S is scratch and UV-rays-resistant. This gives the box a surety of higher stability and solidity. The more important matter is that it’s a lifetime warranty that gives its owner continuously more relaxation and belief to own it without delay.
- Cargo box mounts on your car’s luggage rack to supply enclosed storage for your gear. It is perfect for mid-size wagons and crossovers.
- Best for carrying material and luggage of 3 – 4 people.
- A Dual-side-opening cover allows you to store and empty material from both sides of your car.
- The strengthened structure makes it easy to open and shut. It helps users by Holds the lid open during loading and unloading.
- The built-in locking system ensures your property within the box and consequently the box to crossbars. You can remove the key when the box is closed and locked.
- The aerodynamic shape assists reduce wind noise and movement of materials inside the box.
- Quick-attach brace gives easy, tool-free installation on most crossbars. Clamps cover around crossbars and ensure with bolts and hand controls.
- Eight installed anchor points enable you to ensure cargo inside the box.
- The durable plastic structure is UV resistant.
No products found.
5. YAKIMA Showcase Rooftop Cargo Box
Yakima ShowCase Rooftop Cargo Box is simply described as an ideal mixture of functionality and elegance. This cargo box is built using high-quality materials which will endure repeated use in difficult off-road situations. This model will provide you with the help of a strong yet lightweight structure and aerodynamic design that does a good job of decreasing wind protection. Yakima cargo boxes are in the marketplace for quite your time now and are known for their convenience, easy use, and sturdiness. The ShowCase Cargo Box is not any different and offers you all the features you’d want in an exceedingly high-end cargo box.
If you’re searching for a well-designed cargo box for your vehicle, you ought to give the Yakima ShowCase Rooftop Cargo Box an endeavor. Although this box is made to suit the requirements of smaller vehicles and wagons, it still gives you sufficient space to hold everything you wish for your road trip. It’s advised to someone trying to find a well-designed and sturdy cargo box that provides them a service they will rely upon for several years to come back.
- It has a really large space inside so that you’ll use it to store maximum all of your things without concern about space. It can contain 8 pairs of skis or 6 snowboards.
- The finish of it’s immune to fading and scratching. This implies that it stays in top shape even after using it frequently in areas with adverse climatic conditions.
- It comes with inner lid stiffeners that make sure that it continues tightly closed.
- Its aerodynamics design helps to scale back wind drag that keeps your goods at a secure position all the time.
- SKS Locks are incorporated with the Showcase to keep your gear secure. You could not remove the key without lock the box.
- Dual-sided opening for straightforward access on either side of your vehicle.
- Its weight about 46 pounds. That’s why sometimes it gets tough to put in for a few users.
- The bottom surface can get scratches easily.
No products found.
6. Thule Sonic Cargo Box
Suppose you’re interested in driving cargo in your car which too during a safe and complicated way, then it is sensible to travel certain a well-chosen and well-thought way, Thule cargo box that would fit snugly on the highest of your car. Amongst the varied options available within the market, there are causes to believe that choosing Thule Sonic Cargo Box wouldn’t be a bad idea. This smooth, classy-looking design is top-notch at a low price. It’s an awfully solid lid that creates it simple to open and shut, and users adore it due to how easy the mounting hardware is to put in. The Sonic is one of the quietest roof boxes we tested, and we barely noticed it on the highway till we got beyond speeds of 70 MPH.
Though it’s quite small and compressed, it’s quite acceptable as far as storing capability is not for worried. In fact, it can hold plenty of material for a group of 4. In many cases, the box has been ready to accommodate three duffel bags. Further, it’s also completely waterproof within the true sense of the term.
- Thule Sonic XL roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- It is also totally waterproof and may withstand an affordable amount of drenching.
- It also incorporates a very useful and user-friendly storing and unloading feature. This makes it possible to require out belonging from the perimeters of the cargo box without having to descend them.
- The mounting method clicks after you arrive at the optimal hold so that you will be on the road in seconds; it will be mounted on the square and round crossbars and most factory racks.
- The face of the cargo box features a registered AeroNose design that’s pointed; therefore, the box cuts through the air, helping to cut back drag and noise.
- The locking system features an external lock-assist knob that’s comfortable to use; a built-in feature means the key can only be separated when the box is fully closed.
There is nothing very severely improper with this roof box. However, some consideration needs to be utilized when opening the cargo box on the move. Each side should never be opened at the same time. This is often a flaw if one would like to think about it.
- Patented AeroNose Design cuts through the air and reduces drag and noise
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- Oversized SecureLock ensures the box is closed securely and properly prior to driving
- Dual-Side Opening for loading/unloading from either side of the vehicle
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing GMC Acadia Roof Storage:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your car, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your content.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it?
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
If you want a roof cargo box, make sure that it is the right size for your GMC Acadia. If it is too big, this will be a problem. The six highlighted products will not only provide more room for your GMC Acadia, but they’ll also save you money in the long run.
We hope that our review and expert recommendations will help you to find the perfect roof box for you. All of your needs are based on the type of product you need to bear with the roof box or your budget. However, our research is always here to help you to find the perfect roof box for you.
Last Update : 2023-12-05