There are endless types of roof boxes available on the market. If you have an SUV, sedan, minivan, or across the back, you will easily find a roof cargo box for your Chevy Tahoe. As with cars, roof cargo boxes also come with various designs, sizes, and different price tags. You can even find a roof box that is perfect for you if you are on a tight budget.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best Chevy Tahoe Rooftop Cargo Carriers. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
– Value for Money – JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Many roof boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have a Chevy Tahoe, you can easily find a perfect roof cargo box for your Chevy Tahoe. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. So they will fit with any SUV car. Many roof boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Chevy Tahoe color.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Chevy Tahoe cargo boxes. And every one of them will work great with your Chevy Tahoe, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Chevy Tahoe Roof Storage
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Chevy Tahoe Rooftop Cargo Carriers:
1. Thule Vector Roof Box
The Thule Vector is an elegant, stylish design with seamless integration of the lid, and the base adds a distinctive look to any car. It is made with a smooth and aerodynamic design capable of storing up to 165lbs of gear. The Vector fits 3-5 sets of skis, has felt-lined storage, motion-activated LED lights for better visibility at night, flush-mount closure for included security, double side opening to access equipment from either side of the vehicle, and also a strengthened lid.
The sleek and also modern Thule Vector rooftop cargo box finds balance in power through function! It looks great on any type of roofline while storing and transporting things securely on top of your Chevy Tahoe.
- Dual-Side Opening: The reinforced lid makes for a smooth, effortless dual-sided opening and closing.
- The rear of Vehicle Access: Full trunk gain access to with minimal danger of contact with the cargo box, thanks to its forward setting on the car roof.
- Secure SlideLock System: The SlideLock system with different locking and opening features automatically secures the lid in place and shows when the box is closed securely.
- PowerClick Quick-Mount System: Easy to install to the PowerClick quick-mount system. The integrated torque indicator clicks when it’s correctly installed, ensuring quick and protection suitably.
- Premium Interior: A premium interior with integrated lighting and a felt-lined base for increased gear protection enhances the user experience.
- Built-in LED-Light: A white-colored interior of the lid combined with a LED light facilitates loading and unloading at night.
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
2. JEGS 90098 Cargo Carrier
The first option in this list is the JEGS Performance Products 90098 Cargo Carrier. It comes with 18 cubic feet of storage space. So there is a lot of space inside for your stuff. This box measures 57″ long, 39″ wide, and 19″ high. It weighs only 28 lbs.
The weight carrying capacity of this roof box is 137 lbs. No tool is required to assemble and install this roof cargo box. It comes with an aerodynamic design, and it looks stunning. It is available in black color.
This roof box requires a roof rack to get installed, and it is only compatible with cross rail systems.
The JEGS box comes with all the necessary mounting equipment and two keys for the lock. It also comes with a limited lifetime guarantee. You will be able to fit it on the square and round aero bars. JEGS is an American manufacturer. This box from JEGS is very easy to open and close. It is compatible with any extreme weather conditions. The outer handles and supporting lid-lifters are very useful and grip-friendly. This roof box is the best option for cars small as the Mini Cooper.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT is a perfect example of a sleek, aerodynamic, modern roof box. According to its size and storage capacity, it is perfect. For this fantastic combination, the Thule Motion XT is one of today’s best roof boxes.
You can get this roof box unit in both 16-foot and 22-foot. And its interior dimensions are 79 x 31.5 x 15. The 22-foot long variant is the more extended variant for roof boxes; it will be easy to fit safely on large vehicle roofs.
As we mentioned before, this box can give you access to both sides. So it will be easy to load or unload anything in it without any trouble. Also, you can use it in unfavourable weather conditions easily. It can easily stay in place when the weather is wet or snowy because it has a superior grip system.
It is so handy and easy to use. And it is available with an easy mounting system. With its mounting system, you will be able to install this roof box within five minutes. Also, it’s sturdy and functional with a locking system. If you accidentally leave your roof box unlocked, that locking system can keep your roof box secured. It has a smooth and aesthetic design.
The Thule Motion XT can bear 165 lbs. without any problem. In terms of safety, It is compatible with the One Key System, making it much easier to lock your roof box and keep your stuff safe. If you want to go on trips frequently with your roof box, then this one could be an excellent choice for you.
Some of the other attractive advantages featured by Thule Motion XT are:
- A glossy white and black finish
- A lightweight fiberglass body
- Robust construction helps to keep your stuff safe.
- Enough storage space for an average of five to seven skis or three to five snowboards
The Thule Motion XT will cost you nearly $800. But remember that; you will get what you are paying for, one of the best quality roof boxes. Moreover, you will carry skis or anything this kind of long stuff with this roof box.
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
4. Yakima RocketBox Pro Cargo Box:
This roof box is designed for smaller vehicles. But if you want, then you will be able to use it for larger vehicles also. You will be able to use Yakima RocketBox Pro with or without any roof racks.
The Yakima RocketBox Pro is available with its mounting kit. So, if you want, you will install it with the crossbar and mounting equipment provided by the box, or you can use your roof rack. Moreover, you don’t have to use any tool to fit this box on your vehicle’s roof. So, installing and removing processes are so easy for it.
The Yakima RocketBox Pro is available with dual-side access and opens with two sets of keys. Also, It’s available with SKS locks and a push-button lock system to secure this roof box. If you want to open it, you have to push the button, and if you’re going to shut it, you have to press the roof of the roof box.
It’s available with a matte black finish. It can resist air, so this will help you to get less drag and more gas mileage. You can buy this roof box for around $350. This roof box is excellent for those people who are looking for a perfect and specious roof box at a reasonable price. This rooftop cargo box can carry anything as long as seven feet.
- Aerodynamic design to reduce drag with forward mounting hardware for improved hatch clearance making it great for small vehicles
- Perfect for smaller cars, hatchbacks and SUVs; Hauls gear for up to 2 campers
- Quick-dial mounting hardware fits Yakima round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars
- Love it 'Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty
5. SportRack Horizon XL Cargo Box
This roof box is not as attractive as other roof boxes on this list, but it is a very durable roof box. It is made from high-quality ABS material, so this box will not get damaged easily. You will be able to use this box for a long time without any problem.
The SportRack Horizon XL Cargo Box comes with 17 cubic feet of storage space. It also comes with a quick-release attachment kit so that you can easily install and remove the box from the roof of your Chevy Tahoe. It has two lower variants also. Those are the 11 cubic feet and 16 cubic feet variants. So if you want something lighter you can buy those variants.
This rooftop cargo box will fit well with most of the aftermarket roof racks. It weighs only 44 lbs. This roof box can give you access from the passenger side only. The weight carrying capacity for this roof box is 50 kg.
- Rugged construction made from impact resistant ABS material
- Quick release attachment kit included for easy installation and removal
- Passenger side opening for access away from traffic
- Fits SportRack Roof Rack Systems, square, round and most factory racks (Check Fit Guide)
- Holds 4-6 pairs of skis (up to 216 cm) or 3-4 snowboards
6. Yakima Showcase Cargo Box:
The Yakima Showcase Cargo Box comes in various sizes starting from 15 cubic feet, and the largest size is 20 cubic feet. But every unit of this roof cargo box comes with the same build quality. The build quality of this box is excellent, and it can keep your stuff safe inside the box.
This Yakima roof box can give you an excellent roof clearance on your Chevy Tahoe. So you don’t have to worry about your roof of the car being damaged. The metal clamps and very soft molded finish of this box keep your roof safe from being damaged.
The design of this roof box is aerodynamic, and it helps you to get a good fuel economy.
This roof cargo box can give you access from both sides. Its dual-side opening makes it easier to load and unload things from it. This cargo box is very durable also.
- 15 cubic feet of cargo space is an ideal fit for larger vehicles, wagons and CUVs; Maximum Ski / Snowboard length: 180 cm
- High-gloss automotive quality finish highlights a distinctively modern aesthetic; Dual-sided opening provides quick and easy access from either side of your vehicle
- Easy, intuitive push-button latch holds tight to keep gear safe; Internal lid stiffeners improve hatch durability, ease opening and closing; Tapered tail provides excellent tailgate clearance
- Fits round, aerodynamic, factory and square crossbars; SKS Locks included for added security
- Also available in QuickSilver color; Made in the USA
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Chevy Tahoe Cargo Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Chevy Tahoe, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box
- How you can access your contents
- The size of the box
- How secure the box is
- The durability of the box
- Security of the locking system
- Amount of storage space
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it
- If it’s waterproof
- Aerodynamics of the box
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily
When you go to buy a roof box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
If you want the best roof Box for your Chevy Tahoe, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof boxes, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
Every roof box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof box is perfect for a particular type of use. After deciding, pick the perfect roof cargo box from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-27