Whenever we go on trips or a holiday adventure, we always want to take more stuff. Moreover, we also need to fit five people in our vehicle. Despite our trying hard, we can’t take all the things that we need. Using a cargo box, we can keep all of our stuff in the car.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Biggest Roof Box for your car. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Overall – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
– Best Wide Range Options – Modula Racks Travel Twin 650 Litre
– Best Carrier for Pickup Trucks – MARKSIGN Truck Cargo Bag
All your stuff and your luggage can fit in a roof box. You can accommodate a roof box nicely on the roof of your car. By setting up a roof box, you can get more space to keep your stuff. Also, if you set up a roof box, you don’t need to keep anything in the passenger seat during the journey. So you will be able to drive without any anxiety.
We are going to review the top 5 biggest rooftop boxes available in this article to help you to choose the perfect roof box for you. So, you can take anything you need on your next adventurous trip.
The 5 Biggest Roof Box Available:
1. Thule Motion XT XXL Cargo Box:
This stylish roof box is very easily usable and looks so aesthetic. It is available in 2 colors and a massive volume of 610L or 22 cubic feet. The dual-sided opening of this Thule Motion XT can give you access more easily.
Despite being huge, it is very user-friendly and straightforward to open or close for its grip-friendly lid-lifter in unfavorable weather conditions. The weight limit for this roof box is 75kg.
Because of its immense size, you might be worried about access to your car’s trunk. But you don’t have to worry because it sits slightly ahead on the roof of your vehicle, so you can get the full trunk access without hitting your roof box.
Some important features of Thule Motion XT XXL:
- Easy to open/close in all weather conditions.
- Grip-friendly outer handles and supporting lid-lifters.
- The load capacity of 75 kg.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. Thule Force Cargo Box:
This sleek roof box is another product from Thule. Despite looking great, the performance is good also. But we kept this at number 2 because of its mounting system.
To install it on the roof of your vehicle, you need to open the mounting tools first. Then you have to set the box in the center of the roof bars. The installation process is a little trickier, and you have to work correctly. Still, the installation process only took less than 5 minutes.
The Thule Force Cargo Box is available with a pre-installed quick-grip mounting system. So the installation process for this roof box is tool-free. The lid is very durable and functional with a diamond-textured finish. Its aerodynamic shape is conducive to reducing drag and resist air.
The Thule Force Cargo Box is available with a big SecureLock, which ensures the security of the box. Moreover, it is also available with a dual-sided opening. So you can get access to this roof box quickly.
Some important features of the Thule Force Cargo Box:
- Secure clicking mounting systems
- Exclusive diamond-textured AeroSkin surface
- Load capacity remaining about 110 lbs.
- Diamond-Textured AeroSkin Lid is durable and the aerodynamic shape helps cut through the air
- Tool-Free Quick-Grip Mounting system attaches box to rack in less than 5 minutes
- Oversized SecureLock ensures the box is closed securely
- Dual-Side Opening for loading/unloading from either side of the vehicle
- Height off crossbar: 15.4 inches
3. Yakima Skybox Carbonite Cargo Box:
This magnificent large 21 cubic feet roof box weighs 75 lbs. It can carry only 28 kg because of its size. At the 21 cubic feet volume range, the other Thule roof boxes can carry more weight.
The Yakima Skybox can also give you access from the dual side, and it is available with a super latch, which makes the opening and closing easier. The tapered exterior of this roof box is stunning. And it can reduce drag. You can install it without any tools.
To install it, You have to follow the following steps only:
- Open the lid
- Release the clamps
- Loosen the thumbwheels
- Position the roof box on your roof rack crossbars
- Slide it back so that the clamps engage the load bars
- Tighten the thumbwheels
- Then engage your lever clamps.
That’s it! After completing these steps now, your Yakima Skybox Carbonite is correctly installed on the roof of your vehicle, and it will not slide down from your roof bars. If it does slip, open the lid of your roof box and tighten the levers to secure it.
The price of this roof box is as like the Thule. Now you can ask us why you should buy the Skybox? Then the answer is – It is available with lid stiffeners, which makes it much more durable than the Thule. Moreover, the installation process for this roof box is more comfortable than the Thule also. It only takes minutes.
Some important features of Yakima Skybox:
- Tool-free installation
- 21 cubic feet
- Load capacity 28 kg
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits YAKIMA round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
4. Modula Racks Travel Twin 650 Litres:
This roof box is available with an internal capacity of nearly 23 cubic feet or 650 liters. It comes with a 5 Year Warranty, so it is a little more costly than the previous roof boxes we reviewed here.
The Modula Racks Travel Twin 650 Litres can be fitted with most aftermarket roof-racks, including Rhino-Rack, Modula, Thule, Sport-Rack, and Yakima. This big roof box is available with excellent features.
This Modula Racks Travel Twin 650 Litres is also able to give access from the dual side. The lid of this roof box has a lock and allows you to load stuff in it from each side of your vehicle. With the Modular Rack, you can install or remove it from the roof of your car very quickly and without anyone’s help.
With the help of the premium hinge hardware, the opening and closing of this roof box are very smooth. The lid of this roof box is made of acrylic, and it is very durable.
Some important features of Modula Racks Travel Twin 650 Litres:
- 3 Point Central Locking System
- The load capacity of 650 litres
- 5 Year Warranty
- 5 Year Warranty
- Patented Quick Release Tool-Free Leg
- Dual Side Opening
- 3 Point Central Locking System
- Fits most factory and aftermarket roof-rack cross-bars. Including: Modula, Rhino-Rack, Yakima, Thule, Sport-Rack
5. Marksign Truck Bag:
From the name, you can say that this is not a roof box. This Marksign truck bag & net is available with a capacity of 26 cubic feet so it can be a better option for you. It can carry all of your needy stuff. If you have a truck, then it can be a better option for you because it fits with the trunk bed very nicely.
The Marksign truck bag is very user-friendly, and this trunk bag has four heavy-duty rubber handles. After comparing this roof net with others, we found that it is easier to handle. Moreover, it is waterproof, and it comes with four robust 4 feet x 6 feet bungee nets to secure the bag onto your truck.
You can stretch this net out to 8 feet x 12 feet. It also comes with 12 strong metal carabiners to ensure secure tie-down. This trunk bag is electrically welded from 500D tarpaulin to prevent any water leakage, and the zipper is vinyl coated. The seals use Velcro to close, so you don’t have to worry about water leakage during wet weather conditions.
The material used in making this trunk bag is UV resistant, so it is very durable. To keep it when you don’t have to use it, the trunk bag comes with an extra drawstring bag. Marksign Trunk bag is the best large trunk bag for a truck, and it is beautiful also. The price of this trunk bag is value for money. Everything is good, but one thing – you have to be aware the product is still patent pending.
Some important features of Marksign truck bag:
- Fits any truck size
- Waterproof design (500D tarpaulin material)
- Comes with strong cargo net
- SPACIOUS STORAGE ROOM: Measures 51x40x22 inches (130x100x55cm) and 26 cu ft, the cargo bag can hold everything you need. Fits any truck beds.
- 4 HANDLES FOR EASY TRANSPORTING: 4 heavy duty handles make loading and unloading much easier than competing designs.
- HEAVY DUTY CARGO NET INCLUDED: Each bag comes with a heavy duty 4'x 6' bungee net stretches to 8'x12' to keep the cargo bag firmly in place, preventing it from blowing up when you are driving. 12 strong metal carbiners are also included for easy and secure tie-down.
- 100% WATERPROOF DESIGN: The whole cargo bag is electrically welded from 500D tarpaulin without any needle holes. Vinyl coated #10 zipper and Velcro closed rain flap firmly seal rain out. The fabric is also UV resistant to last for years to come.
- STORAGE BAG INCLUDED: Extra drawstring bags for the cargo bag and cargo net are also included for easy storage.
The given roof boxes are the best to provide you with enough space for all of your needs. You have to think about the weather conditions in which you will use it and how easily you can install and uninstall it. Also, you have to think about the weight limit you are going to carry with it.
Always check the weight limit of your roof rack and your car roof. Because if you overload it, then the effect can be harmful to your car; it can damage your vehicle.
–our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-11-28