Even though it might seem straightforward, buying the right roof box for your Volkswagen CC is not a challenging process. You can’t just go to amazon and randomly pick a product you like. In addition to having a wide variety of models and brands to choose from, the CC is also a sedan.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Volkswagen CC Roof Boxes. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Value for Money – JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
– Overall Best – Thule Force XT Rooftop Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – YAKIMA SkyBox
– Aerodynamic Design – MENABO Roof Box
Most roof boxes are designed to fit on SUVs, hatchbacks, and station wagons. Therefore, you can easily buy a car roof box that is not compatible with your vehicle. Another important thing to remember is that the Volkswagen CC does not come with roof bars. For this reason, you need to consider the type of roof box you buy, and it should match the roof rack system you want to mount on your car.
Roof bars are available to purchase aftermarket, but the good news is that most modern cargo boxes are designed to fit on them. But it is important to be safe as well. Lastly, consider the sizes of your car’s roof. Some boxes are wide and short; others are long and narrow.
Many roof boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have a Volkswagen CC, you can easily find a perfect roof box for your car. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. So they will fit with any car. Many roof boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Volkswagen CC color.
For the case of a Volkswagen CC, the best option is to go for a wider and shorter box. Large boxes will cause more air resistance, increasing the drag. Below, we have highlighted some of the best roof boxes that are suited for the Volkswagen CC.
Advantages & Disadvantages of VW CC Roof Box
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide the waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Volkswagen CC Roof Cargo Carriers:
1. Thule Vector Roof Box
Car roof boxes are around for quite a while now, and it’s an ever-growing demand, which makes it more and tougher to grasp what to shop for and the way to induce value for money. Thule Vector roof boxes are long-lasting, hard-shelled cargo boxes that attach to your car roof. These handy products are created to resolve a huge range of storage requirements while making road-tripping easier and convenient for you and your travelers. From camp stoves to snowboards, deck benches, to fly rods, there’s a Thule storage box for almost all styles of luggage or outdoor equipment.
Thule’s Vector roof boxes are intended to accommodate almost any outdoor equipment you need, long and thin for skis and fishing rods to big and hulking for all of your camping and outdoor gear. Thule roof storage boxes are known for their safety, strength, and sturdiness. The box is built from five layers of super-strong, automotive-grade acrylic, often used for molding applications thanks to its lightweight and impact resistance.
- A classic, sporty figure with a seamless mixture of the cover and for that the base that can adjust with any particular looks of the car
- The strengthened lid offers a sleek, simple both-sided opening and closing
- Adds a Thule roof box lid cover to provide protection from cuts and dirt at the time of storage
- Sidelock system with separate locking and opening functions that helps to automatically locks the cover in situ and ensure that the box is closed securely
- Double side opening for simple access from either side of the vehicle
- Comfortable installing process because of the Power Click quick-install system. The combined torque indicator clicks when it’s accurately positioned, assuring quick and stable fitting
- Easy access to the full box with minimum danger of any engagement with the cargo box because of its front position on the vehicle roof
- Containing Thule Box Lid Cover to safeguard the carrier from marks and mud during accommodation
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
- Thule SlideLock system automatically locks the lid in place and shows that the box is closed securely
- Installs in minutes with tool-free, quick-mount system ("clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted)
- Included Thule Box Lid Cover protects the box from scratches and dust in storage
- External dimensions: 91 x 35 x 12.5 inches; Internal dimensions: 80.5 x 25.2 x 11 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product weight: 65.9 lbs
2. JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
JEGS 90098 Cargo Box helps create your journey more pleasurable and relaxed since you need to decrease your essentials because of the shortage of suitable space in your car. Beautiful design, size aerodynamics, weight, easy use, and sturdiness are essential features of the simplest cargo box. Also, the JEGS Performance Products 90098 rooftop cargo carrier will meet all of those features. Overall performance is average. JEGS 90098 rooftop cargo bag is extremely lightweight for its dimension and feels somewhat flimsy, and plastic is smooth and flexible. It does seem to be strong enough a minimum of when greenhorn and works just fine; however, the durability of it may be problematic. On your primary few trips, it’s unlikely you may encounter any problems. However, if you intend to use this cargo bag regularly for several years, it’d allow you to down at some point.
Overall, JEGS 90098 could be a standard rooftop cargo carrier. It’s not a top-rated hard-shell carrier, but that’s not something you’d expect anyhow. It is budget-priced. It’ll be sufficient for several, but if you’re searching for a high-quality product, you may need to have a look at costlier models.
- This Box can take up to 110 lbs. of materials for tour lovers.
- It’s only 28 lbs.; when the cargo box is empty. You’ll raise it singly, but it’s better to invoke help after you are lifting it to the highest of your car.
- The JEGS cargo box allows a 4-corner locking system that has enhanced protection to your properties.
- It is a dual-side opening cargo box that permits packing or unloads things from either side.
- The installation process doesn’t need any help from tools but only your bare hands.
- The locking system is flimsy and simple to control to an open position.
- It is high. If your car is big and tall, you have got to use a ladder to succeed in and obtain the cargo carrier.
- The quality of U-bolts is not so reliable.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Weatherproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
- Holds 3 golf bags
3. YAKIMA SkyBox
Yakima has been a pacesetter within the cargo roof box game a few times, and their essence and arguably most versatile product is the SkyBox Carbonite. There’s a large range of cargo box designs and appearances on the market, but the Yakima SkyBox Carbonite goes the sweet spot geared capacity for all-season use. In addition, its flexible size fits most vehicles. This model has contained massive camping gear for a family of 4, including a large tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and a stove, and you can also add a kid’s Strider bike. It needed some tricky packing, but it stores a great amount, especially soft-sided and compressible objects. And for winter-time use, the box easily consumes snowboards and skis. Yakima lists the most length at 185 centimeters, but it absolutely was just long enough for pairs of 182-centimeter all-mountain skis with that you can also take a snowboard.
The Skybox Pro increases the carrying ability of your vehicle by over 18 cubic feet. Using this cargo box, you’ll now easily transport four snowboards or perhaps up to eight pairs of skis.
- Design hits the suitable spot for all-season use: it is a flexible size that matches most vehicles while maintaining sufficient capacity for skis and ponderous camping gear.
- Both side opening conveniently enables the box to be opened from either the right or left side. You can access it from both the driver and traveler sides.
- SuperLatch security guarantees your lid is safe to its base and your property is safe. It applies SKS lock cores so that you can use one set of keys for various Yakima products.
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits aerodynamic crossbars, square, factory, and Yakima round.
- The rear of the cargo box is reduced for enhanced hatch allowance.
- Its stiff latches will be challenging to open.
- Aerodynamic shape and comparatively slight 15-inch peak height limit what you’ll bring to fairly low-profile items.
- The top-end surface of the box isn’t smooth, just like the other roof boxes.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits YAKIMA round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
4. Thule Force XT Cargo Box
Suppose you would like more extra load space for your traveling equipment, snowboards, skiing equipment, or other baggage. In that case, it’s deserving considering buying a rooftop box. One of the most effective cargo boxes available in the shops is the Thule Force Cargo Box. It comes in a very smart black design that adds a beautiful look to your vehicle.
This model is a superb choice if you’re trying to find the most effective rooftop cargo carrier. It’s available in a various sizes. It’s available in 13 cubic feet capacities, 11 cubic feet, likewise as 17 cubic feet. This can allow users with different luggage bearing capacities must select the model that most closely fits them. Thule Force Cargo Box is one of the most reliable products in most online shops that sell cargo boxes.
- Thule Force roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- Aerodynamic shape and the diamond-textured covering on the lid of the roof box help to mount back drag.
- You will be on the road in a quick time, without any extra tools, because QuickGrip installing system comes pre-installed. This system is mounted on round and square crossbars, and most factory racks join with a one-handed movement.
- Both-side openings let you access your things from both sides of the box.
- The locking system gives an outer lock-assist knob that’s simple to use; a built-in feature symbolizes the key can only be separated after sealed the box properly.
- A user-friendly locking system includes an oversize key; a lock does locate on both sides of the box, and each lock originates with a couple of keys.
- A bit costly but deserving each cent.
- There is some mileage problem. About 3-5 miles per gallon call fuel consumption rate.
- Installing the Thule Force could also be easy, but taking it off maybe a little bit of a pain by a minimum of one person.
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use.Closure type :Lock. Shell type : Hard.
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
- Full trunk access with no roof box contact
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards (up to 215 cm)
- External Dimesnions: 90.5 x 35.5 x 18.5 inches
- Internal Dimensions: 85.5 x 31 x 16.75 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product Weight: 52 lbs
5. MENABO Roof Box
Menabo is a well-known manufacturer for their roof boxes that concentrates on sufficing customers’ needs, experience, appearance, and security. Its products are popular within the world and are ideal in quality and specialties. Menabos boxes are a mixture of perfectness, safety, and creativeness.
Within the growth of half a century, it has improved its roof boxes to the highest on the market internationally. Additionally, it’s been following innovation, protection, and feature with intensity for five decades. You have seven options of Menabo diamond cargo boxes in the store. From 450 L to 580 L, you’ll be able to pick one that matches your requirements. Moreover, there’s just one black color option for the roof box, that the general fitting black color is your only choice. We’ll discuss MENABO Diamond 450 L variant in this article and find out about its best features.
Menabo Diamond cargo boxes are built with strong, long-lasting, and water-resistant plastic to light in load. You’ll be able to construct the roof box independently, but it is recommended to call your friend or family to assist you with the mounting process because the size of this roof box is big. The easy-to-mount hardware is simple to control, so you’ll install the cargo in confined moments. A double opening feature lets you opening the roof box from each side to form many benefits for packing or unpacking goods in or out from it.
- Its max capacity of taking load is 165 lbs.
- Tight grip, quick-mount system feature that makes it simple to assemble.
- Provided with a lockable and secured dual snap closure that provides the best security
- Easy loading and unloading make it ideal for traveling and hassle-free storage.
- You can open the box from both sides.
- One of the best cargo boxes available because of its safety and quality of elements. It Fits with all roof carriers.
- Its aerodynamic shape doesn’t conflict with driving, helps airflow over smoothly, and creates less noise.
Except for its packaging and security systems, nothing bad sides will be found based on its price range.
- One of the top cargo boxes available due to its safety and quality of materials. Compatible with all roof carriers.
- Mounts safely and quickly to roof bar slots with standard 20 mm T-System screws or an universal fitting system is available.
- Max load of 165 lbs or 75 kg
- Duo means the box can open from both sides
- Capacity of 500 liters/132 gallons/17.6 cubic feet
- Sport type: Snow Skiing
6. Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
Small cars are fuel-efficient, simple to drive, and overall more affordable to keep up with, but they include some disadvantages. When it involves loading all of your favorite adventure material and heading out, space restrictions become an issue.
The Thule SideKick could be a small cargo box from Swedish manufacturer Thule. With a load limit of 8 cubic ft. and 75 pounds. It’s not the largest cargo solution, but it’s ideal if you don’t have plenty of space, to begin with. It doesn’t have all the features of the more premium cargo boxes, but it’s some positive qualities to form our most comprehensive cargo box for small cars. The Thule sidekick is about the identical size as your normal soft-sided cargo bag. However, unlike a cargo bag, you don’t worry about your stuff getting soaked since it’s entirely weatherproof. It’s also a full lot safer with its solid shell and two locking cores.
It gives greater security, and it’s sufficiently small to store effectively when it’s off your vehicle. Innovation has improved since this tiny box initially showed up, and it may well upgrade now.
- It is transferable to any or all vehicles since it’s very small in size
- One of the cheap cargo boxes
- It can be controlled by one person comfortably because it is extremely light in weight.
- Passenger-side opening helps easy filling and unloading
- Easy mounting on any side and leaves space for other items
- Thule Side Kick is formed of impact-resistant, polyethylene structure
- Easy to Install and remove
- It has Box Outer Dimensions of 54 inches x 25 inches x 15.5 inches
- It needs a minimum bar spacing of 20.5 inches and allows a maximum of 32 inches for positioning
- Assembly is also a little problem for some of you.
- No High-end installation system
- It has only one side of the opening
- No interior locking
- It is short enough for skis
- Not one-key system
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
- Internal Dimensions: 48 x 23 x 13.5 in
- Load Capacity: 75 pounds
- Volume: 8 cu ft. of storage space
- Product weight: 16 pounds
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Roof Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your car, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box
- How you can access your contents
- The size of the box
- How secure the box is
- The durability of the box
- Security of the locking system
- Amount of storage space
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it
- If it’s waterproof
- Aerodynamics of the box
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily
All the roof boxes mentioned above are great. If we have to choose one, it is the YAKIMA SkyBox Pro. This box is designed to fit in small cars. It also provides compatibility with most factory and after-sale roof bars, meaning it will fit your car perfectly. However, for those looking to save some money, the best option will be the JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier.
When you go to buy a roof box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2024-02-23