You can’t just ride your bicycle in front of your house every time you want to ride it. Because not every the local streets are good enough for bikes. Sometimes you may live in a place where there are high-speed limits with no dedicated bicycle lanes. These roads are great for cars, but if you want to ride a bike, you should find a safe place and take your bike there. For this, you will need a Truck Bed Bike Rack.
Serious road bikers and mountain bikers love their bikes very much. They spend a lot of money on their bikes. So keeping the bikes just into a pickup bed is a terrifying idea for them. In this situation, a truck bed bike rack is the only thing that can help.
A good quality, well-engineered truck bed bike rack can easily carry your bicycle or multiple bikes without damaging anything on the way to your riding destination and back again. Like almost everything in the world, there are different kinds of truck bed bike racks available on the market, from inexpensive and simple to pricey and complex. So, which truck bed bike rack will be best for you?
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best roof cargo boxes for your car. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– OverAll Best – Swagman Pickup Bike Rack
– Highest Capacity – HZYICH 54″ Truck Tailgate Pickup Pad
The right truck bed bike rack for you will depend on your budget, truck, style of bicycle, the number of bikes you need to transport at once, and the level of protection and security you require.
OverView of 6 Best Truck Bed Bike Racks:
For more information, you have to carry on reading this article. Here you can get some information about some best quality truck bed bike racks. It will help you to choose the best one for you.
1. HZYICH 54″ Truck Tailgate Pickup Pad
If you want to transport up to five bicycles at a time, then using a tailgate pickup pad like this one from HZYICH is the easiest way to do that. This pickup pad uses the truck’s tailgate as a bike rack. It supports the bike’s frame on the closed tailgate with the front wheel suspended over the back bumper.
This type of truck bed rack is great if you only need to transport your bikes once in a while and you do not want anything permanent. Attaching this tailgate is very easy. The attaching process only takes a few minutes. If it is not in use, you can even store it very easily in your garage or behind your seat.
This tailgate is made out of dual-coated, 24-ounce marine-grade vinyl (600 Denier) fabric over 0.28-inch-thick foam padding with heavy-duty webbing. It has four straps with buckles that wrap around the tailgate and helps it to stay in place. It comes with mounting points for up to five bicycles side-by-side.
- Lightweight design.
- Inexpensive pricing.
- No tools are required to install this rack or use.
- Easy to store when not in use.
- Able to carry up to five bikes at a time.
- Does not lock or secure bikes.
- It requires some strength and height to lift bikes over the tailgate.
- May scratch or damage tailgate if not used correctly.
2. Swagman Pickup Bike Rack
The Swagman Pickup Bike Rack also comes with a simple and elegant design. It is actually a telescoping stainless steel bar with rubber end pads so that it can grab your truck’s bed rails.
This bike rack is generally able to accommodate two bikes. Both mount blocks are spaced along the bar with 9mm quick-release skewers. To carry your bike with this rack, you just have to remove the front wheel and mount the fork to the block on the bar. Though there are usually two mounting blocks for bikes so that you can reposition the bar and add a third block if you need it.
This bike rack comes with a simple, lightweight, and compact, design and it is very easy to install. The installation process also does not require any tools. You just need some time and effort to install it. It is very easy to store when it is not in use.
Every block of this bike rack can take up to 35 pounds which is enough amount for most bicycles.
- It comes with a very simple design and easy to install without tools.
- Inexpensive pricing.
- Compact size for storage when not in use.
- Secures the bike by the front fork.
- Preventing damage during transport.
- Requires removal of the front wheel.
- Does not lock or provide security.
- Pressure-fit mounting can be subject to degradation over time.
3. Yakima Locking Blockhead Bike Mount Rack
When carrying your bike with your pickup truck, you may be worried about the security of your bicycle. Most people use a chain to lock the bike with the pickup truck to protect their bike from being theft. But the Yakima Locking Blockhead Bike Mount Rack is very useful in locking a bike. You can trust it because it can offer you a good level of security for your bike.
From the name, you already know that this Yakima bike rack is a permanent bike rack. You have to install this compact bike rack by using just two bolts. You can easily install it anywhere, such as on the bed floor, on a rail, or even to the top or a toolbox because of its compact design. It has an included keyed locking mechanism which is compatible with most 9mm forks, and it comes with two keys.
This bike rack is a permanent solution for people who do not have any problem with drilling into their truck beds for installation. You should also remember that because of the individually key system, if you want to carry multiple bikes, then you have to carry multiple keys also.
- Permanent installation keyed locking security.
- Low profile and small size.
- Versatile mounting options.
- Durable build quality.
- Requires removal of the front wheel for fork-mounting.
- Multiple units for multi-bike mounting will have different keys.
- Installation can be defeated with simple tools.
- May require drilling into your truck bed for certain installation options.
4. Pipeline Racks Truck Bed Bike Rack
The Pipeline Racks Truck Bed Bike Rack is one of the easiest bike racks to use. After completing the assembling and installing process, you will be able to use it very easily. All you just have to do is roll your front wheel into the rack, attach a few straps, and you are ready to go.
The Pipeline racks can accommodate two bikes side-by-side; it is also compatible with tires from 0.75-inches wide to 2.8-inches wide, so you can easily carry your road bike and your mountain bike by keeping them side by side.
This truck bed bike rack is made out of aluminum channel rails like the bed rail systems. It can work well with pickup truck beds that are at least 50-inches wide at the cab. Moreover, you do not have to drill any hole to install this bike rack.
You should know that this bike rack does not provide much protection for your bike. So always think twice before you are planning to leave your bike in your truck bed.
- Simple, tool-free installation,
- You do not have to remove the front wheel to mount a bike
- Lightweight design
- Removable and easy to store
- Provides minimal protection against theft.
- some buyers report challenging initial assembly.
- setup due to poor labeling and instructions.
5. Heininger Automotive 2025 Bikes Rack
The Heininger Automotive 2025 Advantage SportsRack BedRack is a drop-in truck bed bike rack. With this truck bed bike rack, you will be able to carry four bikes at a time. The design of this bike rack looks like something like the bike racks we used to see at public buildings. It can hold the bike by the front or rear wheel of the bike by using its angled metal bars. It also comes with a lockable cable to secure the bike to the rack.
The Heininger Automotive 2025 Advantage is very easy to install. The installation for this bike rack only takes a few minutes. Moreover, no tools are also required. You just have to secure the rack between the pickup truck’s bed walls with finger-tightened wingnuts.
You can use it as a standing bike stand on your garage floor at home when you are not using it to transport your bike, or you can also disassemble it very easily and store it.
If you are searching for something versatile and able to carry four or fewer bikes with reasonable security against theft, then you can go for this one.
- Smart, simple design,
- Tool-free installation,
- Four bicycle capacity,
- Reasonable security
- Security depends on lockable cable,
- Not permanent installation of the rack,
- It takes up a lot of space in the truck bed when not in use
6. Thule Insta-Gater Pro Truck Bed Bike Rack
Thule is a very well-known company. They make some of the best quality roof boxes, best car and truck racks. The Insta-Gater Pro Truck Bed Bike Rack is also from Thule. And it really comes with great build quality and an elegant and innovative design.
It comes with clips that slip in the gap between the tailgate and bed floor when open, and when the tailgate is closed, it gets locked in place. It also comes with webbing to ensure the security of your bike. This bike rack carries your bike by grabbing the top of the front tire of your bike with its ratcheting grip. So there will be no contact with the body of your bike, so you do not have to worry about scratching your bike.
After getting the locking tailgate, you do not have to worry much about the security of your bike. Moreover, you can easily fit two to three Insta-Gater racks side-by-side in a full-size pickup truck bed.
- Simple, elegant design and function.
- Excellent build quality.
- Tool-free installation.
- Lockable security.
- Security is limited to trucks with locking tailgates.
- A little costly than other options.
- A great option for multiple bikes.
Do you Actually Need Truck Bed Bike Rack?
If you are searching for a solution to transport your bike by using your pickup truck, getting a truck bed bike rack is a very good way to do that. A good quality bike rack will help you to move your bike. It will also protect your truck bed from an unsecured bike.
After security and safety, here comes the matter of ease of use. A good rack will be easy to use. And you will not face much hassle in loading and unloading your bike.
There are many alternatives to truck bed bike racks. Such as cabin roof racks and hitch mount racks etc., among all of them, a truck bed bike rack was best to use, according to my experience. Because Cabin roof racks can be tricky to use, Hitch mounts expose your bike to a rear-end collision, etc.
But a truck mount bike rack does not have these kinds of disadvantages. They provide you with the best security, safest mounting, and easiest transportation for your bike. So choose the best truck bed bike rack by considering your truck, bicycle, budget, and needs.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller List Of Truck Bed Bike Racks:
- Secures along the inner walls of your truck bed Utilizes adjustable rubberized lateral stabilizers
- Twist stabilizers into place with wing nut screws
- It won't scratch truck paint (soft padding included to protect bike finish)
- With no tools required
- Extends from 54 1/2" to 67" without a spacer; extends from 60 5/8" to 73 1/4 " with a full-size spacer
- HASSLE-FREE - Hardware is included and there is no drilling required.
- Does not require front tire removal of the bike.
- Works with standard bike cable locks (not included)
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 31.75 Centimeters
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 7.62 Centimeters
- Velo Gripper carrier allows you transport 1 bike in your truck bed with a C-channel track system
- Adjustable rods and Ratcheting straps hold your bike firmly by its fork and seat stay
- Front wheel removal is not necessary
- Comes with Built-in D-rings provide anchor points for a cable lock or tie-down points for cargo straps
- Easy installation into your truck bed's C-channels - no drilling required
- Fits 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma, 2007-2015 Toyota Tundra (Must Have Deck Rail System).
- PT278-35112 Bed Cleat and durable aluminum body integrated design for quick release bike rack pick up.
- Bed cleat made of sturdy black nylon plastic;Fork mount made of durable aluminum,stainless steel screw.
- Easy to install, Unscrew the bed cleat spring-loaded locking clamp,Slide the bed clamp into the track,Tighten the spring clip.
- Package include: 1* fork mount,1*PT275-35112, 2 Stainless steel screws（ Undetachable）
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: The PICKUP has a telescoping bar ensures quick and easy no-drilling installation and adjusts to fit many truck bed sizes. The rubber end pads help to grip your bed rails and prevent scratches and abrasions
- WORRY FREE SECURITY: Bikes are secured on the fork mount blocks. These blocks include 9mm Quick Release skewers that anchor and secure your bikes to the rack.
- VERSATILE: Transport up to 2 bikes. Maximum weight capacity of 35Ibs. per bike. The fork blocks can be repositioned along the main bar to ensure that your bikes are spaced properly
- STURDY: Made of solid stainless steel that will last for a long time, investing in a Swagman PICKUP Fork Mount Rack is a no brainer
- Transports up to 2 bikes securely in your pick up truck bed, with ease of use
- Accommodates wheel sizes from a 700c to a Plus MTB (with extended ratchet straps, Fat Tires too)
- NO tools needed, assembles in minutes
- 2 Bike Rack width extends 44.25” to 62”
- 24” Cable Lock included to secure rack to truck
- UniGrip, 2 bike system
- Mounts in 2 minutes
- Can be used with or without bedliners
- Security system provided.
- No tools required and no holes to drill
- Does not require front tire removal
- Fits C-channel track systems (RT202) as well as standard truck beds (RT201)
- Works with all types of bicycles
- Comes with D-ring for tie down straps; Locking system available
- The Bed Buddy Motorcycle Tie Down Rack should be installed in every truck, van or trailer that transports motorcycles.
- Designed to reinforce your hauler, preventing damage from occurring when pulling down your cycles.
- Three tapered wheel slots to prevent tire slip which can cause serious damage to your hauler or cycles should they become loose and unstable. Three heavy-duty tie down loops provide excellent tie down points. The center tie down loop eliminates having to crisscross tie downs and routing straps through spokes to reach awkwardly placed factory bed hooks.
- American Made, TIG welded steel construction and powder coated for an attractive and durable finish. Detailed installation instructions and hardware are included. Optional 3rd Bike Extender is also available.
- Before ordering, measure your vehicle in the desired mounting location to ensure the correct size. Bed Buddy Moto Racks are available in three sizes: 53.75" Compact, 57" Mid and 60" Full.
- ✅ Versatile: Great for Storage or Transportation. Can be mounted in a garage, home, shed, etc for storage. Can be mounted in a truck bed, van, or on a trailer for transportation.
- ✅ Comes with quick release skewer for quick access.
- ✅ Strong and lightweight Alloy Construction.
- ✅ Mount for 9x100. Fits many bicycles that use a standard 9x100 drop out.
- ✅ 1 Year Manufacturer warranty against defects. Satisfaction Guaranteed. ✅
You May Also Like…
- The 6 Best Thule Cargo Box
- Best Yakima Cargo Boxes – Review & Expert’s Guide
- Can I Put a Roof Box on a Panoramic Roof?
- How to Fit a Roof Box on Car?
- Mini Cooper Roof Box
Last Update : 2021-07-10