The Toyota Prius is a series of hybrid electric, gas-powered automobiles developed by Toyota and manufactured in Japan since 1997. It has become very famous since its introduction in 1997 due to its great mileage and performance. So, if you are an adventurous person who loves to travel a lot and doesn’t want to worry about bulky luggage anymore, then you should choose a roof box for your Toyota Prius.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Toyota Prius Roof Cargo Box. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Goplus Cargo Box
– Aerodynamic Design – YAKIMA SkyBox Pro
Many roof boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have a Toyota Prius, you can easily find a perfect roof box for your Toyota Prius. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. So they will fit with any car. Many roof boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Toyota Prius color.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Toyota Prius roof boxes. And every one of them will work great with your Toyota Prius, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Toyota Prius Roof Storage
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Toyota Prius Roof Cargo Boxes:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available in a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit many vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. MENABO Roof Box
Menabo is a well-known manufacturer for their roof boxes that concentrates on sufficing customers’ needs, experience, appearance, and security. Its products are popular within the world and are ideal in quality and specialties. Menabos boxes are a mixture of perfectness, safety, and creativeness. Within the growth of half a century, it has improved its roof boxes to the highest on the market internationally. Additionally, it’s been following innovation, protection, and feature with intensity for five decades. You have seven options of Menabo diamond cargo boxes in the store. From 450 L to 580 L, you’ll be able to pick one that matches your requirements. Moreover, there’s just one black color option for the roof box, that the general fitting black color is your only choice. We’ll discuss MENABO Diamond 450 L variant in this article and find out about its best features.
Menabo Diamond cargo boxes are built with strong, long-lasting, and water-resistant plastic to light in load. You’ll be able to construct the roof box independently, but it is recommended to call your friend or family to assist you with the mounting process because the size of this roof box is big. The easy-to-mount hardware is simple to control, so you’ll install the cargo in confined moments. A double opening feature lets you opening the roof box from each side to form many benefits for packing or unpacking goods in or out from it.
- Its max capacity of taking load is 165 lbs.
- Tight grip, quick-mount system feature that makes it simple to assemble.
- Provided with a lockable and secured dual snap closure that provides the best security
- Easy loading and unloading make it ideal for traveling and hassle-free storage.
- You can open the box from both sides.
- One of the best cargo boxes available because of its safety and quality of elements. It Fits with all roof carriers.
- Its aerodynamic shape doesn’t conflict with driving, helps airflow over smoothly, and creates less noise.
Except for its packaging and security systems, nothing bad sides will be found based on its price range.
- One of the top cargo boxes available due to its safety and quality of materials. Compatible with all roof carriers.
- Mounts safely and quickly to roof bar slots with standard 20 mm T-System screws or an universal fitting system is available.
- Max load of 165 lbs or 75 kg
- Duo means the box can open from both sides
- Capacity of 500 liters/132 gallons/17.6 cubic feet
3. Goplus Cargo Box
Goplus is a company that includes various commodities available in numerous categories like home & garden, automotive tools, furniture, hardware tools, outdoor equipment, and many more. Goplus Rooftop Cargo Carrier could be an excellent choice for anyone buying some way to extend their car’s load-carrying ability without the price of the top-tier models.
The development of the Goplus car roof box may be a compound of strong ABS and PC plastic elements, and it’s light enough for bearing up by a single person. ABS elements are long-lasting, water-resistant, and reliable; therefore, you must not bother using the Goplus roof to confine extreme weather, use it in wild fields, and use it in sudden disasters. The strong ABS material will flawlessly preserve your goods from all types of possible situations.
Based on the manufacturer’s information, The Goplus car roof box is globally fitting to any or all styles of rack bars. In case you previously had a couple of rack bars on the rooftop of your Toyota Prius, you’ll use the Goplus cargo box without anxieties about adaptability. Moreover, trucks, coupes, minivans, SUVs, and sedans can use the Goplus car roof box. You will find three color choices for the Goplus cargo box on the market: White, Black, and Titanium Gray. Hence, you’ll be able to pick a color to suit the design and color of your car.
- It has a storing capability of 14 Cubic feet. It can take up to 165 lbs load.
- Four quick-to-connect anchors to be able to mount it easily.
- It features round and square factory bars that make it more reliable. It is a strong and strong product that preserves your valuables effectively toward elements vulnerability.
- It creates super lock security, ensuring the top stays securely on the box’s base making all of your property safes.
- The box incorporates a dual-sided opening getting it easily accessible from each side of the vehicle.
- Smooth aerodynamic shape benefits to cut back drag and noise.
- The top looks thin.
- The short length makes it a bad option if you’re searching for a cargo carrier, particularly to move longer gear, like adult skis or longer snowboards.
- Perfect for Road Trip---Take the cargo box to the park, the beach, the sports field, or any place you need to store. Works on all vehicles with rack, suitable for cars, vans, SUVs, etc. Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and has less noise.
- 14 Cubic Feet Cargo Box with Car Trunk Organizer---With the large capacity, the roof cargo box can help you securely carry 14 cubic feet worth of essentials, can increase vehicle cargo space without impeding on passenger comfort, more capacity, more pleasure! Included trunk organizer comes with 3 different size compartments, 12 side bags which will help you organize sundries with ease.
- Robust and Security Design---The roof cargo box is designed to withstand heavy use in different types of weather conditions. The metal lid stiffeners at the bottom makes the roof box more stable and safer. With the double-lock design for protecting your valuables. 【Note】This product is suitable for vehicles with rack (the width of the luggage rack is adjusted to between 16.1 inches and 24.8 inches, and the width of the roof crossbar is less than 3.1 inches).
- High Quality Material---The roof box is manufactured from sturdy ABS and PC material for long-lasting use, able to protect your valuables from exposure to the elements and can load 165 lbs capacity, suitable for round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars.
- Easy to Install---The Goplus roof box equipped with 4 quick connect anchors for easy install and super latch security ensures your lid secure to its base, and your gear is safe. Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle to increased efficiency and convenience.【Note: please do not open the openings on both sides at the same time. The key can only be removed after the cover is closed and locked.】
4. YAKIMA SkyBox Pro
Yakima has been a pacesetter within the cargo roof box game a few times, and their essence and arguably most versatile product is the SkyBox Carbonite. There’s a large range of cargo box designs and appearances on the market, but the Yakima SkyBox Carbonite goes the sweet spot geared capacity for all-season use. In addition, its flexible size fits most vehicles. This model has contained massive camping gear for a family of 4, including a large tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and a stove, and you can also add a kid’s Strider bike. It needed some tricky packing, but it stores a great amount, especially soft-sided and compressible objects. And for winter-time use, the box easily consumes snowboards and skis. Yakima lists the most length at 185 centimeters, but it absolutely was just long enough for pairs of 182-centimeter all-mountain skis with that you can also take a snowboard.
The Skybox Pro increases the carrying ability of your Toyota Prius by over 18 cubic feet. Using this cargo box, you’ll now easily transport four snowboards or perhaps up to eight pairs of skis.
- Design hits the suitable spot for all-season use: it is a flexible size that matches most vehicles while maintaining sufficient capacity for skis and ponderous camping gear.
- Both side opening conveniently enables the box to be opened from either the right or left side. You can access it from both the driver and traveler sides.
- SuperLatch security guarantees your lid is safe to its base and your property is safe. It applies SKS lock cores so that you can use one set of keys for various Yakima products.
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits aerodynamic crossbars, square, factory, and Yakima round.
- The rear of the cargo box is reduced for enhanced hatch allowance.
- Its stiff latches will be challenging to open.
- Aerodynamic shape and comparatively slight 15-inch peak height limit what you’ll bring to fairly low-profile items.
- The top-end surface of the box isn’t smooth, just like the other roof boxes.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits YAKIMA round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
5. Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
Small cars are fuel-efficient, simple to drive, and overall more affordable to keep up, but they include some disadvantages. When it involves loading all of your favorite adventure material and heading out, space restrictions become an issue. The Thule SideKick could be a small cargo box from Swedish manufacturer Thule.
With a load limit of 8 cubic ft. and 75 pounds. It’s not the largest cargo solution, but it’s ideal if you don’t have plenty of space, to begin with. It doesn’t have all the features of the more premium cargo boxes, but it’s some positive qualities to form it our most comprehensive cargo box for small cars. The Thule sidekick is about the identical size as your normal soft-sided cargo bag. However, unlike a cargo bag, you don’t worry about your stuff getting soaked since it’s entirely weatherproof. It’s also a full lot safer with its solid shell and two locking cores.
It gives greater security, and it’s sufficiently small to store effectively when it’s off your vehicle. Innovation has improved since this tiny box initially showed up, and it may well upgrade now.
- It is transferable to any or all vehicles since it’s very small in size
- One of the cheap cargo boxes
- It can be controlled by one person comfortably because it is extremely light in weight.
- Passenger-side opening helps easy filling and unloading
- Easy mounting on any side and leaves space for other items
- Thule Side Kick is formed of an impact-resistant, polyethylene structure
- Easy to Install and remove
- It has Box Outer Dimensions of 54 inches x 25 inches x 15.5 inches
- It needs a minimum bar spacing of 20.5 inches and allows a maximum of 32 inches for positioning
- Assembly is also a little problem for some of you.
- No High-end installation system
- It has only one side of the opening
- No interior locking
- It is short enough for skis
- Not one-key system
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
6. Thule Sonic Cargo Box
Suppose you’re interested in driving cargo in your car which too during a safe and complicated way, then it is sensible to travel certain a well-chosen and well-thought way, Thule cargo box that would fit snugly on the highest of your car.
Amongst the varied options available within the market, there are causes to believe that choosing Thule Sonic Cargo Box wouldn’t be a bad idea. This smooth, classy-looking design is top-notch at a low price. It’s an awfully solid lid that creates it simple to open and shut, and users adore it due to how easy the mounting hardware is to put in. The Sonic is one of the quietest roof boxes we tested, and we barely noticed it on the highway till we got beyond speeds of 70 MPH.
Though it’s quite small and compressed, it’s quite acceptable as far as storing capability is not for worried. In fact, it can hold plenty of material for a group of 4. In many cases, the box has been ready to accommodate three duffel bags. Further, it’s also completely waterproof within the true sense of the term.
- Thule Sonic XL roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- It is also totally waterproof and may withstand an affordable amount of drenching.
- It also incorporates a very useful and user-friendly storing and unloading feature. This makes it possible to require out belonging from the perimeters of the cargo box without having to descend them.
- The mounting method clicks after you arrive at the optimal hold so that you will be on the road in seconds; it will be mounted on the square and round crossbars and most factory racks.
- The face of the cargo box features a registered AeroNose design that’s pointed; therefore, the box cuts through the air, helping to cut back drag and noise.
- The locking system features an external lock-assist knob that’s comfortable to use; a built-in feature means the key can only be separated when the box is fully closed.
There is nothing very severely improper with this roof box. However, some consideration needs to be utilized when opening the cargo box on the move. Each side should never be opened at the same time. This is often a flaw if one would like to think about it.
- Patented AeroNose Design cuts through the air and reduces drag and noise
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- Oversized SecureLock ensures the box is closed securely and properly prior to driving
- Dual-Side Opening for loading/unloading from either side of the vehicle
Things to keep in Mind When Choosing the Best Cargo Box for Toyota Prius:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Toyota Prius, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your contents.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it.
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
If you want the best roof Box for your Toyota Prius, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof boxes, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
When you go to buy a roof box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
Every roof box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof box is perfect for a particular type of use. After deciding, pick the perfect roof box from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
Last Update : 2023-01-22