There are endless types of Roof boxes available on the market. If you have an SUV, sedan, minivan, or across the back, you will easily find a roof box for your Toyota Highlander. As with cars, roof boxes also come with various designs, sizes, and different price tags. You can even find a roof box that is perfect for you if you are on a tight budget.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Roof Cargo Box for Toyota Highlander. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Force Cargo Box
– Aerodynamic Design – YAKIMA SkyBox Pro
– Value for Money – JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Many roof boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have a Toyota Highlander, you can easily find a perfect roof box for your Toyota Highlander. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. So they will fit with any SUV car. Many roof boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Toyota Highlander color.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Toyota Highlander roof boxes. And every one of them will work great with your Toyota Highlander, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantage & Disadvantages of Toyota Highlander Roof Cargo Box
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide the waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Roof Cargo Box for Toyota Highlander:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available during a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is that the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit a large range of vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. YAKIMA SkyBox Pro
Yakima has been a pacesetter within the cargo roof box game a few times, and their essence and arguably most versatile product is that the SkyBox Carbonite. There’s a large range of cargo box designs and appearances on the market, but the Yakima SkyBox Carbonite goes the sweet spot geared capacity for all-season use. In addition, its flexible size fits most vehicles. This model has contained massive camping gear for a family of 4, including a large tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and a stove, and you can also add a kid’s Strider bike. It needed some tricky packing, but it stores a great amount, especially soft-sided and compressible objects. And for winter-time use, the box easily consumes snowboards and skis. Yakima lists the most length at 185 centimeters, but it absolutely was just long enough for pairs of 182-centimeter all-mountain skis with that you can also take a snowboard.
The Skybox Pro increases the carrying ability of your vehicle by over 18 cubic feet. Using this cargo box, you’ll now easily transport four snowboards or perhaps up to eight pairs of skis.
- Design hits the suitable spot for all-season use: it is a flexible size that matches most vehicles while maintaining sufficient capacity for skis and ponderous camping gear.
- Both side opening conveniently enables the box to be opened from either the right or left side. You can access it from both the driver and traveler sides.
- SuperLatch security guarantees your lid is safe to its base and your property is safe. It applies SKS lock cores so that you can use one set of keys for various Yakima products.
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits aerodynamic crossbars, square, factory, and Yakima round.
- The rear of the cargo box is reduced for enhanced hatch allowance.
- Its stiff latches will be challenging to open.
- Aerodynamic shape and comparatively slight 15-inch peak height limit what you’ll bring to fairly low-profile items.
- The top-end surface of the box isn’t smooth, just like the other roof boxes.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits Yakima round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
3. Thule Force Cargo Box
Suppose you would like more extra load space for your traveling equipment, snowboards, skiing equipment, or other baggage. In that case, it’s deserving considering buying a rooftop box. One of the most effective cargo boxes available in the shops is the Thule Force Cargo Box. It comes in a very smart black design that adds a beautiful look to your vehicle.
This model is a superb choice if you’re trying to find the most effective rooftop cargo carrier. It’s available in a various number of sizes. It’s available in 13 cubic feet capacities, 11 cubic feet, likewise as 17 cubic feet. This can allow users with different luggage bearing capacities must select the model that most closely fits them. Thule Force Cargo Box is one of the most reliable products in most online shops that sell cargo boxes.
- Thule Force roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- Aerodynamic shape and the diamond-textured covering on the lid of the roof box help to mount back drag.
- You will be on the road in a quick time, without any extra tools, because QuickGrip installing system comes pre-installed. This system is mounted on the round and square crossbars, and most factory racks join with a one-handed movement.
- Both-side openings let you access your things from both sides of the box.
- The locking system gives an outer lock-assist knob that’s simple to use; a built-in feature symbolizes the key can only be separated after sealed the box properly.
- A user-friendly locking system includes an oversize key; a lock does locate on both sides of the box, and each lock originates with a couple of keys.
- A bit costly but deserving each cent.
- There is some mileage problem. About 3-5 miles per gallon call fuel consumption rate.
- Installing the Thule Force could also be easy, but taking it off maybe a little bit of a pain by a minimum of one person.
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
4. JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
JEGS 90098 Cargo Box helps create your journey more pleasurable and relaxed since you need to decrease your essentials because of the shortage of suitable space in your car. Beautiful design, size aerodynamics, weight, easy use, and sturdiness are essential features of the simplest cargo box. Also, the JEGS Performance Products 90098 rooftop cargo carrier will meet all of those features. Overall performance is average.
JEGS 90098 rooftop cargo bag is extremely lightweight for its dimension and feels somewhat flimsy, and plastic is smooth and flexible. It does seem to be strong enough a minimum of when greenhorn and works just fine; however, the durability of it may be problematic. On your primary few trips, it’s unlikely you may encounter any problems. However, if you intend to use this cargo bag regularly for several years, it’d allow you to down at some point.
Overall, JEGS 90098 could be a standard rooftop cargo carrier. It’s not a top-rated hard-shell carrier, but that’s not something you’d expect anyhow. It is budget-priced. It’ll be sufficient for several, but if you’re searching for a high-quality product, you may need to have a look at costlier models.
- This Box can take up to 110 lbs. of materials for tour lovers.
- It’s only 28 lbs.; when the cargo box is empty. You’ll raise it singly, but it’s better to invoke help after you are lifting it to the highest of your car.
- The JEGS cargo box allows a 4-corner locking system that has enhanced protection to your properties.
- It is a dual-side opening cargo box that permits packing or unloading things from either side.
- The installation process doesn’t need any help from tools but only your bare hands.
- The locking system is flimsy and simple to control to an open position.
- It is high. If your car is big and tall, you have got to use a ladder to succeed in and obtain the cargo carrier.
- The quality of U-bolts is not so reliable.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
5. SportRack Horizon Cargo Box
The Sportrack Horizon could be a bare-bones rooftop cargo box that gets the work done. It costs less than other top-rated cargo boxes, but it does simply as effective at carrying snowboards, skis, or other equipment on the rooftop of your Toyota Highlander. The SportRack Horizon Cargo Box holds out when it involves stability and portability. The producer has produced many high-quality models that have helped the customers with a strong and reliable service.
The Cargo box’s main advantage is its rock-bottom value related to the premium models, so if you do not desire to pay the equivalent of a replacement pair of skis on a top-of-the-line Thule or Yakima box, the Horizon Cargo Box is where it’s at. Its 11 cubic feet of accommodation can withstand interference to six pairs of skis or three snowboards, up to 210cm long. This sets the carrier except from most budget cargo boxes since they’re typically too short to carry any boards, skis, or other long pieces of drugs. Additionally, SportRack also provides an L and XL variant of this Box if your equipment storage requirements surpass the Box range.
- It has 11 cubic unit spacing, and it can contain 2-3 snowboards and 5-6 pairs of skis up to 210 cm.
- It is produced using a high-end substance made of impact-resistant ABS material.
- This Box gives a fast-release attachment kit that permits you to put in and take away it with ease.
- The passenger-side opening lets you be secure while accessing the equipment from your carrier box.
- They are meant to figure with all SportRack carrier systems and any round bars, square bars, and most OEM roof racks.
- It appears with a lock and two keys, creating it impossible to get rid of the key while the Box is unlocked, making it difficult to ignore to lock the Box.
- Just one side opening while other brands provide dual side opening.
- It has a rather difficult mounting process.
- 16 cubic foot (453 L) cargo capacity
- Made from rugged, impact resistant ABS material
- Passenger side opening for easy access away from traffic
- Easy to install or remove using the quick release attachment kit
- Holds 4-6 pairs of skis (up to 178 cm) or 3-4 snowboards
6. Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box
Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box is catchy, smooth, and classy while being extremely easy to use. It is a breeze to put in if you intend on using it on and off your Toyota Highlanderr regularly. If you wish a box that ranks at the highest of the crowd in both performances and appears, the highest Pick-winning Thule Hyper XL could be an excellent option. It retails considerably over other products that work identical basic functions nearly identically. The Hyper XL may be a great cargo carrier but should not be your first choice if you’re shopping on a budget. It’s mainly for folks that are ready to pay a premium for appearance.
Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box may be a high-quality cargo box with a secured AeroNose design and a strengthened ultra-thick lid for stability and also decreases noise. The box is outfitted accurately and centered, assuring it doesn’t move in. once you hit the road. It’s quite long-lasting and protected with a look to stop drag and noise.
- AeroNose configuration that enables it to hold drag and forestall sound.
- Carries 4 – 6 snowboards or 6 – 8 pairs of skis.
- The lid of the Thule Hyper box is strengthened with a thick material to assist improve its durability.
- The Base is reinforced with a thick substance to withstand the wind forces when traveling at high speeds.
- Rear-Angled Base and advanced vehicle mounting positions give the simplest attainable trunk and hatch clearance.
- Its AcuTight mounting system ensures your box is secured in the least times, even after hitting the optimal hold.
- SecureLock locking tool securely locks and restricts you from removing the key if the lock isn’t completely engaged.
- The box opens on both driver and passenger sides.
- It costs over other Thule Cargo Boxes.
- There isn’t any visible indicator that confirms if the box is opened or locked.
- The handles don’t seem to be strong enough and crack easily but can last if not pulled too heavily.
- It only is offered in one color and size, that’s a scheme of black and grey.
- Patented AeroNose Design reduces drag and noise making it the most aerodynamic box available.Load capacity 110 lb
- Reinforced Ultra-Thick Lid and Base for maximum durability
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- Integrated Light for nighttime loading and unloading
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Toyota Highlander Roof Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Toyota Highlander, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your content.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it?
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
We hope that our expert recommendations will help you to find the perfect roof box for you. If you want the best roof box for your Toyota Highlander, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof boxes, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items. However, our research is always here to help you to find the perfect roof box for you.
When you go to buy a roof box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
Every roof box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof box is perfect for a particular type of use. You have to make your decision carefully. Remember, why are you buying this roof box and which peculiarities are essential for you? See which roof boxes can fulfill your importance, and then buy the best roof box for your next big adventurous trip.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-27