When you are looking for the right ski and snowboard carrier for your vehicle, you will notice that few brands have better reliability than Thule. They make various things, including the ski and snowboard racks. They manufacture various kinds of carriers that come in different sizes and amazing designs, which indicates that it is extremely easy to get the carrier that is right for you.
Suppose you read an article online on any Thule universal snowboard carrier review. In that case, you will obviously notice that this brand is providing all of the features you are looking for in a ski and snowboard rack. Thule manufactures many products that have the word “universal” in the name or in the description, and these types of racks are the racks that are compatible with most vehicles that also include both sedans and SUVs.
If you want more information on Thule’s universal ski and snowboard carriers, in this article, you will find a few to take into consideration while you are shopping for this product.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best Thule Snowboard Racks for your car. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Snowboard Extender Rack
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Universal Snowboard Carrier (91725U)
– Hitch Snowboard Carrier – Thule Tram 9033
OverView of 6 Best Thule Snowboard Racks:
1. Thule Snowboard Extender Rack
This rack from Thule is a little bit smaller than other Thule options on this list. But this Thule ski and snowboard carrier can hold up to four pairs of skis and two snowboards. Moreover, it is made of the same high-quality materials as the other carriers from the Thule. The silver-colored aluminum can keep your stuff safe from being scratched. It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty to ensure you about the excellent quality of this carrier. It has an internal length of 19.5”.
This carrier is very easy to use. The installation process of this carrier is very easy and quick, and you will be able to do that without any tools. It can hold thicker skis and snowboards also. Moreover, it comes with a generous roof clearance. So if you want to transport skis with tall bindings, you will be able to do that without facing any problem.
- Aerodynamic slide-out rooftop rack for all types of skis and snowboards
- Slide-out design extends from vehicle for easy loading and unloading
- Fits up to 6 pairs of skis/4 snowboards
- Ultra-soft rubber arms grip without scratching
- Oversized push button to easily open while wearing gloves
2. Thule Universal Snowboard Carrier (91725U)
This Thule universal rack is compatible with most factory racks. It is compatible with Thule racks and those racks made by Yakima and most other brands. It comes with the device you will need to install the rack correctly. This Thule rack can securely carry up to six pairs of skis or four snowboards. If you want to take it to the maximum capacity, you just have to keep the snowboard’s base to base to carry them.
This snowboard rack or carrier measures 33″ x 7″ x 5″ in size, and it comes with a lightweight design and weighs less than 8 lbs. Moreover, you will be able to get this carrier for under $150, and this makes it one of the most affordable skis and snowboard carriers available on the market. Still, the low pricing of this rack does not affect the build quality. This rack really comes with the great build quality, and it is a dependable carrier that you will be able to use for many years to come.
The carrier also comes with a lock-and-key system so that your items stay securely attached on top of your vehicle at all times. It is both simple and quick to install and use the carrier system. It is even compatible with both foreign and domestic vehicles, making it a very versatile piece of things to have. In fact, it is an ideal necessity for the upcoming ski period.
- Includes universal factory mounting hardware
- One Key System - Includes two lock cylinders and keys
- Safely carries up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Snowboards can be carried base to base for maximum capacity
- Fits all Thule, Yakima and most Factory racks
3. Thule Tram 9033 – Ski/Snowboard rack Adapter
If you are already using a roof rack to carry your bicycle and want to install another roof rack on your vehicle’s roof to carry your skis, then the Thule Tram ski and snowboard carrier adapter will be a better option for you.
It comes with built-in straps and cradles to mount it on your bike rack, and there is an included cushioned hinged arms that come with one-key locks. If you’re searching for a suitable ski rack for your SUV, but there is already a bike rack installed on the roof of your car, then you can take this.
The Thule Tram Ski and Snowboard Carrier Adapter can bear up to six pairs of skis and four snowboards at a time. It stores the skis and snowboards in an upright position so that you can get a good amount of storage. Moreover, it features an extra-large push-button system, which makes the carrier more comfortable to open and close. The steel-made design of this carrier is very durable and attractive. Also, the build quality is excellent, so that this rack adapter will last for a long time.
This ski adapter comes with a limited lifetime warranty. And it can hold 165 pounds so, with this massive amount of weight capacity, this rack will be handy for your SUV.
- Holds skis and snowboards securely with ultra-soft rubber arms that grip without scratching the surfaces
- Requires Thule hanging hitch bike rack for use (not compatible with Thule Helium or Thule Helium Aero).
- Maximize carrying capacity by transporting skis and snowboards upright
- Holds up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards on 2" class two receiver racks. Holds up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards on 1 1/4" receivers and Thule Spare Tire carrier
- 2 One-key locks included to lock the skis and snowboards to the rack
4. Thule Universal Flat Top 6 Snowboard Carrier (92725)
This carrier comes with Speedlink mounting. That’s why this carrier is compatible with all Thule rack systems and most factory racks available on the market, which makes it a very useful item to buy.
The loading platform is 30″ wide, and hence it can carry up to six pairs of skis or four snowboards. Moreover, you can also carry water skis, wakeboards, and fishing rods if you want to.
A great carrier that you will be able to use for a long time, the Thule ski carrier is very easy to open and close because it comes with a wide push button, and it even comes with four same-key locks that will keep all of your gear safes at all times. The rubber clamps press tightly onto the skis and snowboards without damaging them, and it is very easy to load because of its top-notch quality parts.
After all, its ease of installation and ease of use are the biggest benefits to this top-notch system, and it comes with a lightweight design. What makes it even easier to enjoy. The top bar stays up while you are keeping your skis and its extra-large push button makes it easy to open and close the carrier even if you are covering your hands with thick winter gloves. In other words, the operation is too simplistic and comfortable not to consider buying.
- SpeedLink mounting system fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks for convenient and easy installation
- NOW a 30”-wide loading platform fits 6 pair of skis or 4 snowboards
- Holds skis and boards securely with ultra-soft rubber arms that grip without scratching the surfaces
- Flat top carrier with wide loading platform that fits up to 6 pair of skis or 4 snowboards, and accomodates water-skis, wakeboards and fishing rods
- The carrier holds skis and boards securely with ultra-soft rubber arms that grip without scratching the surfaces
5. Thule SnowPack Ski/Snowboard Rack
This rack to carry your skis and snowboards is also from Thule. It is very easy to install, and it comes with a lovely silver color that makes the rack more attractive, and it can be matched with any vehicle. This ski and snowboard carrier can hold up to six pairs of skis or four snowboards. Moreover, an included advanced vertical spring system adjusts with your skis and snowboards size, making it much safe for your items.
Also, there is an extra-large push-button system in this carrier. So you will be able to use this very easily. Moreover, there is a natural release that makes it more convenient when you are opening it. The aluminum-made design makes it very durable and sturdy and useable for a long time. There are also four one-key system built-in locks to secure the carrier.
The size of this carrier is 34.25″ x 3.5″ x 2.5″. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty, and it is compatible with every type of crossbars. So the installation will be much easier. Moreover, the soft rubber arms of this carrier will not scratch the roof of your car or your crossbars.
- Aerodynamic rooftop rack for all types of skis and snowboards
- Fits up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Securely holds thicker skis and snowboards with vertical spring system
- Ultra-soft rubber arms grip without scratching
- Oversized push button to easily open while wearing gloves
6. Thule Universal Pull-Top Snowboard Carrier (92726)
You will easily find this carrier in Thule universal snowboard carrier review as an option because Thule manufactures some of the best quality ski and snowboard carriers on the market today.
This carrier can hold up to six pairs of skis or four snowboards and also comes with telescoping pull-top carrier arms that make it easy for skis to slide from the rooftop to the side of your vehicle. It is also compatible with most roof rack brands, which makes it a versatile product to buy.
The carrier comes with a 30″ wide loading platform for comfort and even comes with an extra-large push button so that opening and closing of the carrier become very easy to do. In the cold weather, if you are wearing thick winter gloves, still the opening and closing of the carrier can be done with just a simple touch of a button. It is also uncomplicated and fast to install and doesn’t require any additional tools to get everything set up and running, so you can be using it in no time.
As with many other products manufactured by Thule, this carrier is also made to fit with a wide variety of ski and snowboard racks, so it does not care whether your vehicle is foreign or domestic, large or small, you can buy this carrier being easy to install and fit correctly once the job is done.
The lock-and-key system means that you will not have to worry about your car every time when that is left untended, and the price also allows you to get a high-quality system without even breaking the bank.
- Now a 30"-wide loading platform fits 6 pair of skis or 4 snowboards
- SpeedLink mounting system fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks for convenient and easy installation.
- Telescoping arms allow skis and snowboards to slide from the top of the roof to the side of the vehicle
- Telescoping pull top carrier arms allow skis to slide from the top of the roof to side of the car
- 30" (76.2 cm) wide loading platform fits up to 6 pair of skis or 4 snowboards
About Thule Company
There are different types of snowboard manufacturers available on the market. Thule is one of them. Thule is one of the best snowboard manufacturers that make the most value-for-money snowboards. Thule was established in Sweden in 1942, and it is very famous because of its stylish, safe, and user-friendly snowboards.
Famous companies such as Thule usually make high-quality, long-lasting products for vehicles of all sizes and designs. Thule especially makes these types of products, and you can count on buying a top-notch product every single time. They also serve people with all ranges of budgets, so you are satisfied to find something that is built right and will not cost you an arm and a leg.
If you ever search online for a Thule universal snowboard carrier review, you will find these ski and snowboard carriers quickly, but Thule also makes other high-quality products, such as:
- Bike racks for hitches, roofs, and trunks
- Roof boxes
- Roof baskets
- Sport racks specifically made for winter sports
- Sport racks made just for water sports
Moreover, Thule also manufactures high-quality backpacks and strollers for babies and various kinds of luggage pieces, including duffel bags, bags for laptops, and all types of travel bags. While you are focusing on your Thule universal snowboard carrier review, make sure to check out their other great products because they really offer something good for everyone.
If you want a ski and snowboard carrier for your vehicle, and you want to get the best one available, and the Thule brand of products guarantees to provide something that will always satisfy your needs.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
You May Also Like…
- Thule Snowboard racks
- Thule Motion XT XXL Review
- Thule Motion XT Alpine Roof Box Review
- The 6 Best Buick Enclave Roof Cargo Boxes
- The 6 Best Dodge Journey Cargo Boxes
- Are Roof Boxes Waterproof?
Last Update : 2022-01-13