If you are looking for a roof cargo carrier, you might have heard about Thule. Thule is one of the most famous manufacturers of roof carrier systems. Thule always has a solution, whether you are looking for a roof cargo box, soft cargo bags, ski systems, or anything related to these.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Thule Cargo Box Carrier. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Soft Cargo Carrier– Thule 868 Interstate Cargo Bag
– Best for Skis – Thule SnowPack Roof Mounted Ski Carrier
– Best Roof Cargo Box – Thule Force Cargo Box
If you go on trips very frequently, you might need a good-quality roof cargo box that can last for many years. Installing a roof box on top of your car is a great way to increase the storage capacity so that you can carry all your important items easily and you can have enough sitting place so that everyone can sit comfortably.
In this article, you will find some of the best car roof systems by Thule so that you can choose the best one for you. These are the Best quality roof systems from Thule. I hope it will help you to find the best one for you.
1. Thule Snowpack Ski and Snowboard Carrier
- Aerodynamic rooftop rack for all types of skis and snowboards
- Fits up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Securely holds thicker skis and snowboards with vertical spring system
- Ultra-soft rubber arms grip without scratching
- Oversized push button to easily open while wearing gloves
This Roof Mounted Ski Carrier from Thule is available in three different sizes. Those are medium, large, and extender. The difference between the medium and larger sizes is that the larger the ski carrier, the deeper it is. So larger carriers are great for carrying thicker snowboards and skis.
This roof rack has a hinge at one end so that it can give you access from one side. To store a ski or snowboard, you just have to slide in your skis and then clamp down the bar.
It locks your items in place. So you do not have to worry about security. The interior of this roof rack also comes with a thick layer of rubber so that all your items can stay in place and do not move.
There is an oversized red button on the rack. You can easily press the button whether you are wearing gloves or not. If you press it, the bars will be released so that you can access your skis. It also comes with an integrated vertical spring that allows the product to move lower when you unload it.
- Available in 2 colors; aluminum and black
- Available in 3 sizes
- Compatible with T-tracks; mounting does not require any tools
- Medium-sized one measures 20.5” x 18.5” x 18”
- Medium is able to accommodate two snowboards or four pairs of skis
- Large is able to accommodate four snowboards or six pairs of skis
- It weighs 7.56 lbs.
- Has a locking mechanism
- Compatible with most roof bars
2. Thule Aeroblade Edge Flush Mount
- Cars with sun roof: Due to the racks' low fit on the car, it may not be possible to open the sun roof when the racks are installed. Please check clearance before opening your sun roof.
This one is available in four different sizes. So you will be able to find the one that is compatible with your car easily.
This roof rack comes with an aerodynamic design. The front end of the rails’ has a texture on it. It is also called the wind diffuser. It helps the roof rack to reduce drag and noise while you are driving.
It is one of the most durable crossbars available on the market. This is because of the BoxBeam aluminum extrusion. These bars come with “SwingBlade” end cap covers. The Thule Aeroblade Edge comes with the SmartSlide installation system. So it is very easy to install, and the installation process does not require any special tools.
- Available in two colors; black and silver
- Made out of aluminum; lightweight and heavy duty
- The smallest one measures 47″ x 3.9″ x 3.4″
- Each bar weighs 2.65 lbs.
- It comes with an aerodynamic design
- Compatible with Thule feet
- Able to resist 800lbs of force.
3. Thule Outbound Cargo Bag
- Weather-resistant rooftop cargo bag help keep your cargo dry longer
- Provides 13 cu ft of storage space
- Easy access to gear via coated 3-sided zipper
- Large storm flaps help keep your gear dry during loading and unloading
- Twin compression straps secure cargo minimizing friction and noise
This one is a cargo carrier bag from Thule. It comes with compression-type straps. These straps will keep the cargo carrier in place when you are driving.
This cargo carrier bag closes with a zipper. The zipper is extended along three sides so that you can easily access the cargo bag.
The zip is also covered by a storm flap that keeps the water out of your cargo bag. So you do not have to worry about your items getting wet or damaged. Moreover, there is a compression strap inside the cargo bag that keeps all your items in place.
- Internal dimensions 17″ x 8″ x 10″
- It comes with 13 cubic feet of storage space
- Available only in black color
- Made out of PVC free material
- Bag made out of heavy-duty canvas
- Compatible with vehicles that have bars or rails
- Four webbed straps
- Waterproof Design
- Easy to install
- No locking mechanism
- It weighs 6 lbs only
4. Thule Hull-a-Port XT Rooftop Kayak Carrier
- Versatile rooftop rack that holds 1-2 kayaks
- Dual position design transforms from a J-cradle to a two boat stacker
- Integrated StrapCatch helps to easily manage straps while loading kayak
- Easily folds flat when not in use
- Fully assembled out of the box
This Thule roof rack is very easy to use. You can even keep it on your vehicle with a low profile when you are not using it. For that, you have to fold the cradle flat and use the Hull-a-port lever on the side.
This roof rack is very easy to install. It comes with included load strap so that you can store your kayaks securely. You just have to tie down your kayaks securely, and it will stay in place.
The two cradles are important to carry your kayaks. So you have to mount them to your trunk and also at the front end of your vehicle.
You will be happy to know that this can be installed on one side of your car’s roof. So you will be able to install another set of cradles or any roof cargo carrier on the other side.
This roof rack does not come with any locking mechanism to secure your kayaks. So if you want to ensure the security of your kayaks, then you have to buy an aftermarket lock and chain.
- Available only in black color
- Available in one size.
- Able to accommodate two kayaks vertically
- weight carrying capacity 130 lbs
- Compatible with most load bars, up to 80mm wide
- Compatible with Aeroblade Edge or Square Bar
- It is not compatible with round bars
- It measures 10″ high, 10″ wide
- Bow and stern tie-downs
- You will need two people for the installation
- Made out of powder-coated steel
- Weighs 12 lb 8oz
5. Thule Rapid Crossroad Railing Foot Pack
- Designed exclusively for use with the new Rapid Aero Aluminum Load Bars
- Maximum Rack Strength and Custom Fit provided by Rubber-Coated Steel Strap
- Easy to install with the turn of a handle; no tools required
The Thule Foot Pack can be installed onto flush mounted rails, raised rails, gutter, or a standard roof. After placing the roof rack, you just have to mount your square bars and attach your Thule accessories.
Each foot comes with a lock on its side. You just have to slide the cover over, and the feet will be locked to your car. Thulke also offers other feet that can be good for your car. If you couple these with the Aeroblades, it will resist drag and noise.
- Comes with a locking mechanism.
- Compatible with the Thule square bar
- It comes with 4 feet in every package
- Made out of powder-coated steel
- Rubber Coated Steel straps inside
- Measures 12″ x 8″ x 5″
- Weight 1.32 lbs only
6. Thule Sup Taxi 810XT
- Longer steel-reinforced webbing and spring-loaded locking cam accommodates bigger boards with unsurpassed security
- Exclusive, telescoping design delivers a custom fit for board widths up to 34" wide
- Equipped with Speed-Link mounting system for convenient, tool free mounting
- 2 One-Key locks (included) to secure stand-up paddleboards in the carrier and 2 One-Key lock cylinders included to lock the carrier to the rack
- Fits all Thule Rack Systems, round bars and most factory racks
If you buy this roof rack system in the future, you will be able to upgrade to Thule crossbars if you need that. Because it also has the feet and Aeroblade that we have already mentioned above.
This roof rack comes with a webbing-style strap that covers your boards so that they can stay in place. The curved cradle comes with grooves so that the paddleboards can sit securely. It is very easy to install. You will be able to install it both on one side or in the center of the roof of your car.
- Telescopic Design with rubber coating
- Able to carry two paddleboards with the similar width
- Compatible with max board width 34.”
- Spring-locking cam
- It is compatible with all Thule racks
- Speed-link mounting
- It comes with tie-downs to fit your boards
- It measures 40″ x 8″ x 4″
- Compatible with most crossbars
- It comes with a Thule lock
- Weight carrying capacity 150lbs
- It weighs 15.79 lbs
7. Thule 692 Cargo Basket Net
- Durable shock cord mesh stretches to conform to cargo.
- Large, impact-resistant hooks attach to basket tubing 1 ¼” and smaller.
- Flexible enough to secure your luggage, camping gear or other cargo in a rooftop basket.
- Sport type: Cycling
This is a very useful Cargo Basket Net. If you buy both this cargo basket rack and the Canyon Basket (you will see below), You will be able to carry anything with it.
It can easily handle anything with an unusual shape. In this case, The shock mesh cord works really great.
The net comes with impact-resistance hooks so that it doesn’t easily rip apart below tension. You can also buy crossbars that are compatible with the Canyon so that you can accommodate different types of cargo in different sections. It comes with adjustable clamps, so you will be able to install it on the basket even if you just have roof bars instead of crossbars.
Unfortunately, it does not come with any locking mechanism. But the oversized knob is hard to access because it is protected by a flap that will have all your gear on top. However, you can buy aftermarket security locks to secure everything.
- It comes with a wedge-shaped design for aerodynamic
- The bar can spread from 20″ to 37.”
- Weight carrying capacity 150 lbs
- It weighs 29 lbs
- It has 14 large impact-resistant hooks
- Made out of stretchy, durable shock mesh cord
- It is compatible with any crossbar
- It measures 50.2″ x 41″ x 6″
8. Thule Force Cargo Box
- Exclusive diamond-textured AeroSkin surface is durable and the aerodynamic shape helps cut through the air
- Dual-side opening for loading/unloading from either side of the vehicle
- Tool-Free Quick-Grip mounting system attaches box to rack in minutes. Height off crossbar 15.4 inch
- Oversized SecureLock is easy to grasp, even with gloves on, and ensures the box is closed securely and properly prior to driving
- Fits Thule AeroBlade, AeroBlade Edge, Xsporter, Thule Square Bars, round bars and most factory racks. Internal dimensions-68 x 34 x 13.5 inches. External dimensions-74 x 36 x 16.5 inches
This roof cargo box from Thule comes with an aerodynamic design, and it also has a diamond texture on it that really looks good. The aerodynamic Design resists air and drag, so it affects the fuel economy of your car less than a normal roof cargo box.
This Thule box is very easy to mount. The installation process only requires a few minutes. This cargo box is weather resistant also. So it will always keep your items safe and dry in it no matter how extreme the weather is.
- It need already fitted crossbars
- Compatible with most crossbars
- It attaches 15.9 inches off your crossbar
- It comes with a Diamond texture on it
- It comes with an oversized locking feature
- It has Quick-Grip Mounting System.
- Dual-sided access
9. Thule 859XT Canyon Cargo Basket
- Wedge-shaped low profile design combines style and function with tapered side walls making it easier to load and unload
- Wind fairing is included to help airflow over your cargo. Load capacity 150 pounds. Internal dimensions-41 x 39 x 5 inches
- Accessory crossbars (sold separately) allow you to carry additional equipment or stabilize your cargo. Maximum barspread: 37 inches, Minimum barspread: 20 inches
- Fits a broad range of vehicles with versatile mounting hardware and includes T-Track mounting for Thule aeroblade and Thule xsporter bars. Roof Rack Material: Aluminum
- Mounts to all Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks (check Thule Buyers guide)
This Thule cargo basket comes with a clamping mechanism that makes it easy to install in any Crossbar or roof rail. You can also use a cargo net to secure all your items on this cargo basket.
It also has compatible integrated locks, but you have to buy the locking mechanism separately. It is also available in two stylish colors. They are black and silver. This cargo box is very easy to assemble. You just have to follow the instruction provided with the cargo box, and you have to make sure that everything is positioned securely.
The XT Cargo Basket is available in two sizes. Both sizes come with the same height, but the medium one measures 35.5″ x 53,” and the larger one measures 63″ x 39.5″. This roof basket is compatible with roof bars that spread from 23.6″ to 48″. You will be able to adjust the tie-down loops and reposition them around the basket as required.
- You will be able to add other Thule roof rack accessories
- The cargo area is flat
- Secures with One-Key lock
- It comes with a clamping mechanism
- It has eight tie-down loops to ensure the security of your items
- It weighs 32.2 lbs
- Weight carrying capacity 165 lbs
10. Thule 811XT Board Shuttle
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel Flip Fit Brackets fits all Thule Rack Systems, round bars and most factory racks (no loose parts)
- Exclusive telescoping design delivers a custom fit for board widths up to 34" wide
- Dual loading design allows for transport of two boards with maximum stability
- Includes board tie-down and center straps (1 pair-15')with buckle bumpers to transport board securely and protect vehicle finish
- Fits Thule AeroBlades and square bars
This roof rack is the most versatile option on this list. You can use different aftermarket straps. You will be able to carry kayaks with this roof rack.
It is made out of stainless steel that also has a powder coating on it. It comes with a black finish.
This rack is very easy to install, and the installation process only takes a few minutes. It comes with everything that you will need to install this rack on top of your car. It does not have any integrated lock, so if you want to ensure the security of your roof basket, you have to use a chain.
- It comes with a telescopic Design, and arms extend to 34-inch wide boards
- Flip Fit Brackets
- Able to accommodate a maximum of two surfboards or paddleboards, but you will need extra straps
- padding is Weather-resistant
- It comes with Tie-down straps
- Compatible with Thule Square Crossbar or Aeroblade and many factory-fitted or aftermarket crossbars
- Made out of corrosion-resistant stainless steel
- It measures 25″ x 8″ x 5″
- It weighs 6 lbs.
So, Which Thule Cargo Carrier Systems is the Best?
Thule is one of the most famous companies in this industry. They are serving for more than 75 years, and they really make the best quality products so that they can satisfy all your needs.
Though Thule’s products do not come at a low price, they really come with a durable and practical design. And they are very easy to use as well.
While choosing a Thule roof rack, first, you have to consider what you are going to carry with it. The Thule 692 cargo basket net is a great option for carrying anything on the roof of your car. If you are looking for a versatile roof bar to carry anything important, then you can check out the Thule Aeroblade Edge.
The Thule Interstate 868 cargo bag is also a roof rack that comes with great versatility. with this roof rack, you might not be able to carry a bike, but you will be able to carry a lot of other items.
While shopping for a roof rack, you should always remember that all the available roof rack on the market is not universal, so sometimes, you might need to buy additional Thule roof rack accessories so that you can install your roof rack system perfectly.
Before buying a roof rack system, you should think about the following key things:
Budget & Intended Use
Before buying a roof rack, you have to consider what you are going to carry with it. How much Durability, flexibility, and convenience do you need to get the best value for the amount of money you are paying.
There are many famous manufacturers that provide really great build quality. So if you have chosen a roof rack for you, then you should always check the reputation of the company online, read reviews, and also chat with other customers who are using the product for a long time.
You might find many negative reviews there, but if the number of good reviews is more, then you can give the roof rack a try.
It would be best if you also considered the weight limit of the roof of your car. So that you do not unwillingly damage your car, always check out the weight limit of both the roof rack and the roof of your car.
You also need to consider the weight of the items you are going to carry with the roof rack system so that you do not have to regret it after buying.
Ease Of Fitting
Most Thule roof rack systems are usually easy to install. It would be best if YOu considered how easy the roof rack is to mount and remove again if the roof rack is too heavy, then you might need someone to help you in lifting the roof rack.
Moreover, you should always follow the instructions to install the roof rack correctly on top of your car. But if you are going to leave the roof rack or cargo box installed, then the ease of installing and removing might not be that much important to you.
You also have to remember that your vehicle height is greater now, so always be careful while entering the parking lot or driving under low bridges.
If you already have a roof rack system and you are planning to buy a new car, then you should consider how easy it will be to transfer the roof rack to the new vehicle. Sometimes you might need to buy some accessories to get the roof rack system to work with your new car.
The more versatile the roof rack is, The more accessories it will be able to handle. You will find the information about the compatible accessories in the manual.
If you are the first owner of the product and you use the product by abiding by the instruction provided with the product, then you will get a lifetime warranty from Thule. But you might not need this warranty because their roof rack really comes with the great build quality and they last for a very long time.
Though Thule products come with telescopic arms, tape over them to reduce the wind noise; you can also try another way to reduce wind noise for all Thule products, and that is to ensure that the straps are tight and the product has been correctly and securely fitted according to their instructions.
You will easily find a Thule roof rack system for almost any type of vehicle. They also manufacture matching accessories. Their simple and unique design language and the user-friendliness makes them one of the best option.
So after reading this article, we hope it will help you to pick the right one for you, and that will be able to satisfy all your needs.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-28