Whenever we go on trips or on a holiday adventure, we always want to take more stuff. Moreover, we also need to fit five people in our vehicle. Despite our trying hard, we can’t take all the things that we need. Using a cargo box, we can keep all of our stuff in the car.
There are different types of rooftop cargo box manufacturers available on the market. Thule is one of them. Thule is one of the best roof box manufacturers that make the most value for money roof boxes. Thule was established in Sweden in 1942, and it is very famous because of its stylish, safe, and user-friendly Cargo boxes.
We are going to review the best Thule cargo boxes available in this article to help you to choose the perfect roof box for you. So, you can take anything you need on your next adventurous trip.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best roof cargo boxes for your car. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Overall – Thule Motion XT XL
– Best Compact Design – Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
– Best Aerodynamic Design – Thule Hyper XL
OverView of Best Thule Cargo Boxes:
Thule Motion XT XL Cargo Box:
This cargo box is a perfect example of a sleek, aerodynamic, modern roof box. According to its size and storage capacity, it is perfect for this fantastic combination. the Thule Motion XT XL is one of today’s best roof boxes.
You can get this roof box unit in both 16-foot and 22-foot. And its interior dimensions are 79 x 31.5 x 15.
The 22-foot long variant is the longer variant for roof boxes; it will be easy to fit safely on large vehicle’s roofs.
As we mentioned before, this box can give you access to both sides. So it will be easy to load or unload anything in it without any trouble. Also, you can use it in unfavorable weather conditions easily. It can easily stay in place when the weather is wet or snowy because it has a superior grip system.
The Thule Motion XT XL can bear 165 lbs. without any problem. In terms of safety, It is compatible with the One Key System, making it much easier to lock your roof box and keep your stuff safe.
Some of the other attractive advantages featured by Thule Motion XT are:
- A glossy white and black finish
- A lightweight fiberglass body
- Strong construction that helps to keep your stuff safe.
- Enough storage space for an average of five to seven skis or three to five snowboards
The Thule Motion XT XL will cost you nearly $800. Remember one thing; you will get what you are paying for, one of the best quality roof boxes. Moreover, you will carry skis or anything this kind of long stuff with this roof box.
Thule Force XT Cargo Box:
This roof box is also from Thule. The Thule Force XT Cargo Box is available with a great amount of internal storage space. It is 21 cubic feet, so it is excellent for those who will buy a roof box for going on longer trips. You will be able to carry skis or anything this kind of long stuff.
If you want to buy a giant roof box, then you have to accept more weight (47 lbs). This roof box also carries weighs 165 lbs.
The Thule Force Cargo Box has a torque indicator connected with the Power Click system; that’s why the roof box’s installation process is straightforward. All you have to do is just gradually press it into place, that’s it. Like the Thule Motion XL, it can give you access from each side also.
You’ll want to have a crossbar height of around 15.6 inches to mount your roof box. But this crossbar can make the installation process difficult for the Thule Force cargo box. Because we already mentioned that the size and aerodynamic-ness of this roof-box are perfect for those people who are looking for enough space to keep lots of materials in it without shifting to bigger and heavier clamshell boxes.
This Thule Force cargo box is more affordable than the Thule Motion XL. You can get it at around $600. If you want a high-quality roof box within a reasonable price, then the Thule Force XT rooftop cargo box is perfect for you.
Thule Pulse Cargo Box:
If you want to go on snowboarding and want to carry your snowboards and skis or go on trips with your family, Thule Pulse is a great roof box for you. So you don’t have to pay some extra money to rent anything.
It can easily accommodate three to five snowboards without any problem. This box is secured with the central locking system, and you can only remove the key when the box is closed and locked correctly.
It is made from textured ABS material, and this box can protect your stuff when you are on the road. So, you don’t have to worry about your item’s security.
The lid of this roof box opens on the passenger side so you can get access to this roof box without being in danger of standing closed to traffic.
- Rugged and durable design is long-lasting and keeps contents protected during transit.
- Fast and secure fitting using only one hand due to FastGrip quick-mount system that assembles in moments.
- Passenger-side opening for easier loading and unloading.
- The central locking system provides maximum safety. The grip-friendly Thule Comfort key can only be removed if all locking points are securely closed.
Thule Sidekick Cargo Box:
If you want a more compact Thule roof box for your car, then the Thule 682 Sidekick can be a better option for you.
This roof box’s inner capacity is eight cubic feet, and it can carry anything weights 75 lbs. The box opens from the passenger side. There are two strong locks to keep your stuff safe.
But this roof box isn’t available with the Thule tool-less mounting system, but it’s still easy to mount using the supplied U bolts.
- Passenger-side cargo opening
- Heavy-duty design protects gear and helps keep out the elements
- Carries eight cubic feet or up to 110-lbs of cargo per box
- Includes two locks to secure box contents and lock the box to the carrier
- Fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
Thule Atlantis Cargo Box:
The Thule Atlantis Rooftop Cargo Box comes with a very aerodynamic design. So you don’t have to suffer from bad gas mileage when you are going to the mountains for Skiing. Moreover, you can carry 215 cm long skis in this box. And there is nothing to worry about the safety of your skis also.
It can give you access to your stuff from both sides. So you can park your car wherever you want when you go to the mountains for Skiing.
This roof box comes with push-button security and SKS lock cores. So you don’t need to worry about the security of your roof box at all.
It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty offered by the company, so you don’t need to think if it is accidentally damaged during trips.
Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box:
The sleek design of this box makes it one of the most aerodynamic roof boxes on the market. The aerodynamic design helps it to reduce drag and noise.
Not only this roof box is exceptionally aerodynamic, but also it can carry up to 110 pounds at a time. So if you want to pack a lot of items in your roof cargo box when you are going on a trip with your family or friends, then this roof cargo box could be an excellent option for you.
The rear-angled base and the expanded mounting points make the installation process very easy for this roof cargo box. Moreover, these also help you to get access to this box quickly. These also don’t make any problem in opening the door of the trunk of your car.
This box’s mounting system makes a click sound if you connect this roof cargo box with your Honda Odyssey correctly to ensure that your roof cargo box is secured and let you know that you are ready to ride.
Things to keep in mind when choosing Thule Cargo Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, you can get the perfect Thule cargo box. To choose the ideal Thule cargo box for you, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box
- How you can access your contents
- The size of the box
- How secure the box is
- The durability of the box
- Security of the locking system
- Amount of storage space
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it
- If it’s waterproof
- Aerodynamics of the box
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily
We hope that our review and expert recommendations will help you to find the perfect Thule cargo box for you. Every cargo box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof box is perfect for a particular type of use.
You have to make your decision carefully. Remember, why are you buying this roof box and which peculiarities are essential for you. See which roof boxes can fulfill your importance and then buy the best Thule cargo box for your next big adventurous trip.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller Thule Cargo Boxes:
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- Fast grip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- The central locking system provides maximum safety
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
- External dimensions: 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches | Internal dimensions: 84.5 x 33 x 16 inches
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards
- Load capacity: 165 pounds | Product Weight: 55 pounds
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Rear-mounted cargo means easy, waist-level access and minimal impact on vehicle aerodynamics
- Cargo box tilts down for partial access to the rear of the vehicle
- Pre-wired tail lights (4-pin) and license plate adapter included
- Central Lock system provides maximum safety. The key can only be removed if all locking points are securely closed
- Installs into most 2" and 1 1/4" receivers, no additional adapters or tools needed
- Fits SportRack Roof Rack Systems, square, round and most factory racks (Check fit guide)
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal included
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic includes a key lock to secure contents in the box
- ABS construction that is durable and UV-resistant; Easy to clean with mild soap and water
- Min-max crossbars spacing: 23 5/8" - 29 3/4"; Max weight capacity: 100 pounds
- Rugged construction made from impact resistant ABS material
- Quick release attachment kit included for easy installation and removal
- Passenger side opening for access away from traffic
- Fits sport rack roof rack systems, square, round and most factory racks (check fit guide)
- Holds 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 210 cm) or 2-3 snowboards
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provide effortless, dual-side opening and closing
- Thule slide lock system automatically locks the lid in place and shows that the box is closed securely
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 inch
- Spacious cargo carrier adds 15 cubic feet of storage to your vehicle
- Weather-resistant design includes storm flaps for enhanced zipper protection
- Quickly secures to factory or aftermarket crossbars with included attachment straps
- Measures 41" x 34" x 18" when fully loaded
- Folds up into the included storage bag when not in use
You May Also Like…
- Expert’s Favorite Thule Snowboard Rack
- The 6 Best Yakima Bike Racks
- The 6 Best Rooftop Cargo Boxes
- The 5 Best Thule Bike Racks
- Best Allen Bike Racks
Last Update : 2021-05-13