We have some recommendations for Subaru Forester cargo compartments that you might find useful. Please see below. As part of our website’s Informational Guide area, we do extensive internet research to find the best roof boxes for specific automobiles or client requirements.
We’ve published articles on these topics, which can be found in the Informational Guide section. Several automobile series, including the BMW series, the Toyota model line, the Audi model line, and others, are included in the Car Guide Category, which also contains cargo compartments for those automobiles.
Transporting your goods is a breeze in your Subaru Forester, thanks to the generous 31.1 cubic feet of baggage storage space offered on the inside of the vehicle. You’ll need a pair of crossbars if you wish to secure a cargo box to the roof of your vehicle while it is driving.
A factory-installed roof rack is not included with the Subaru Forester, so you need to contact your local car dealer, who should be able to assist you with the purchase.
A few, but not all of the cargo boxes that are generally compatible are compatible with your Subaru Forester, a large compact crossover SUV. You must first ensure that your Subaru Forester is equipped with a roof loading limit before you may use a roof rack to transport things on the roof of your vehicle in order to avoid overloading and the resulting risks.
In order to find out which roof boxes are compatible with your Subaru Forester model, you need to stay around and read the remainder of this article.
Roof Rack For Subaru Forester
If you are searching for a rack system for your Subaru Forester, you can either contact your local car dealer to place an order or purchase one from Amazon.
Details about 4 Cargo Boxes for Subaru Forester
1. Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box
As far as cars go, this is the top suggestion. Why? In this case, it’s all about branding. Popular and well-known, Thule’s products are made of high-quality materials and are known for their superior performance. If you’re curious about Thule, you may read up about the brand in this article. To help you determine if the Thule Vector roof box is the right fit for your needs, we’ve included some background about the Thule firm.
The aerodynamic design and exquisite appearance of the Thule Vector cargo box immediately draw your attention when you first see it. If you like winter sports such as skiing or snowboarding, you may use it to transport your skis or snowboards between your favorite skiing destinations. An inside carpet protects the contents of the cargo box while the vehicle is in motion, and it can hold up to 3-5 pairs of skis or 3-4 snowboards (no more than 200cm in length).
It is equipped with a motion-activated LED light that automatically illuminates the cargo box at night, making it simple for the camper to access the cargo box at any time. The dual-side opening design of the Thule Vector cargo box makes it simple to load and unload stuff while preparing for road trips or other outdoor pastimes, such as hiking or camping.
This product’s quick-install method removes the need for any tools in order for you to attach it to the roof of your car; you’ll be done in minutes with it. We recommend that you raise it with a second person since it is a large box, and if you do it alone, there is a risk that you may damage the surface of your car’s exterior.
Inches are measured on both the outside and the interior of the Thule Vector cargo box. The exterior measurement is 91.5 by 35.5 by 12.5 inches, and the inner measurement is 80 by 25 by 12.5 inches. A compact and a big Thule Vector cargo box are also available in two sizes. You may use these measurements to determine whether or not it will fit on the roof of your car or in your long gear. It would be best if you first determined whether or not the cargo box on top of your vehicle will be able to pass through your garage door before transporting anything.
It has a maximum weight capacity of 165 pounds when empty, yet it weighs just 65.99 pounds when fully loaded. In addition to the usual black metallic and titan matte finishes, you have the option of selecting from a range of additional color schemes. When the installation is complete, check to see that there is sufficient space between the hatchback and the luggage compartment. If there is any obstruction between the roof box and the vehicle, it is important to relocate the roof box.
Thule’s Vector line is available in two different sizes: Alpine and Medium, depending on the particular model. As previously noted, the Alpine size may be found in the paragraph immediately above this one. 83. 5 x 34. 5 x 14 inches are the exterior measurements of the Medium; 73. 2 x 25 x 11. 6 inches are the internal dimensions of the Medium. The Medium is available in two sizes. Compared to the Alpine, it’s a substantial amount bigger. To make your family road travels more pleasant, you can consider renting a medium-sized car if you have a large group of people traveling with you.
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provide effortless, dual-side opening and closing
- Thule SlideLock system automatically locks the lid in place and shows that the box is closed securely
2. Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
When it comes to engine selections, it’s a close second to your Subaru Forester in terms of performance. A large (16 cubic feet), an extra-large (18 cubic feet), and an XXL (24 cubic feet) are the three sizes that are offered (22 cubic feet). You may choose one that is compatible with your car while also meeting your requirements.
The 16 cubic foot version can hold up to 165 pounds of goods and weighs just 42 pounds when fully loaded. Subaru Forester owners should choose for the large size due to the car’s unique roof design and the need for additional room inside the vehicle.
You may stow extra supplies in the cargo box while on a road trip or while participating in other outdoor activities.
They are comparable to the Thule Vector series cargo boxes in that they open from both sides and can be put together quickly and easily without the use of special tools or any special equipment. Lifting the cargo box to the top of your vehicle’s roof should be done with the assistance of another individual. With the Thule Motion XT range, loading and unloading are a breeze thanks to the lid-lifters and grip-friendly handles.
In the event that you want to use a cargo box to transport stuff while camping or on a road trip, the Motion XT series may be a smart option. Moving lengthy winter sports equipment such as skis or snowboards from one area to another is another application for this device. In addition to being waterproof, these Thule Motion XT boxes are also extremely resistant and strong.
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is fasten and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
3. Goplus Cargo Box
The Toyota RAV4 is the third vehicle available for your Subaru Forester. We have another post on our site that goes into further detail on this subject if you are interested.
- Perfect for Road Trip---Take the cargo box to the park, the beach, the sports field, or any place you need to store. Works on all vehicles with rack, suitable for cars, vans, SUVs, etc. Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and has less noise.
- 14 Cubic Feet of Cargo Space---With the large capacity, the roof cargo box can help you securely carry 14 cubic feet worth of essentials, can increase vehicle cargo space without impeding on passenger comfort, more capacity, more pleasure!
- Robust and Security Design---The roof cargo box is designed to withstand heavy use in different types of weather conditions. The metal lid stiffeners at the bottom makes the roof box more stable and safer. With the double-lock design for protecting your valuables. 【Note】This product is suitable for vehicles with rack (the width of the luggage rack is adjusted to between 16.1 inches and 24.8 inches, and the width of the roof crossbar is less than 3.1 inches).
- High Quality Material---The roof box is manufactured from sturdy ABS and PC material for long-lasting use, able to protect your valuables from exposure to the elements and can load 165 lbs capacity, suitable for round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars.
- Easy to Install---The Goplus roof box equipped with 4 quick connect anchors for easy install and super latch security ensures your lid secure to its base, and your gear is safe. Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle to increased efficiency and convenience.【Note: please do not open the openings on both sides at the same time. The key can only be removed after the cover is closed and locked.】
4. SportRack Horizon Alpine Cargo Box
This is the fourth of the possible options for your Subaru Forester, and it is the most expensive. Advanced ABS materials are combined to build a strong and long-lasting construction. Because it is equipped with a central locking system, your baggage or equipment will remain safe and secure in the trunk even when the vehicle is in motion. The difference between it and the other options in this section is that it may be opened from the passenger side. When traveling on the highway, the cargo box necessitates crossing to the passenger side of the vehicle in order to prevent being struck by oncoming cars.
With its quick-release attachment kit, there is no need for a tool, and it can be assembled in minutes without the need for any tools. A total of 43 pounds is contained within its dimensions of 75.5 inches in length by 33 inches broad and 16.3 inches in height. In terms of winter, sports enthusiasts can accommodate 5-6 pairs of skis (or 3-4 snowboards) in a single compartment (up to 180cm).
The Sport Horizon is available with the Alpine (11 cubic feet), Large (16 cubic feet), and XL cargo boxes, all of which are available (17 cubic feet). The vast array of options is not addressed in the preceding paragraphs.
You may visit the Amazon page linked below this paragraph for additional information about the seller’s other sizes.
- 16 cubic foot (453 L) cargo capacity
- Made from rugged, impact resistant ABS material
- Passenger side opening for easy access away from traffic
- Easy to install or remove using the quick release attachment kit
- Holds 4-6 pairs of skis (up to 178 cm) or 3-4 snowboards
Last Update : 2022-05-22