The Nissan Altima is a mid-size car produced by Nissan since 1992. The Altima is Nissan’s best-selling model in the United States, Mexico, and Argentina. It is an excellent car with a unique look. If you are going on a trip with your family or friend with your Nissan Altima, you will surely need a roof box to make sure that you have enough space to carry all of your camping equipment and clothing, etc.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Nissan Altima Roof Cargo Boxes. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
– Editor’s Choice – YAKIMA Showcase
– Aerodynamic Design – YAKIMA RocketBox Pro
Many roof boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have a Nissan Altima, you can easily find a perfect roof cargo box for your Nissan Altima. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. So they will fit with any car. Many roof boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Nissan Altima color.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Nissan Altima roof boxes. And every one of them will work great with your Nissan Altima, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Nissan Altima Roof Storage
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Nissan Altima Roof Cargo Boxes:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available during a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is that the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit a large range of vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. YAKIMA RocketBox Pro
Yakima RocketBox Pro Rooftop Cargo Box may be a good cargo box that may easily be positioned on all cars. If you’re searching for a budget-friendly box for your luxurious car, it’s going to be the correct option for you. It’s some standard features, and therefore the built optimized the planning to get more performances. It’s excellent in terms of design and quality. The simplest thing about the Rocketbox is its easy installation. The cargo roof box is extremely transferable to any or all cars. Especially, small cars can use it without fear of size difficulties. The aerodynamic design decreases the mounting tool for moving and forwarding, and therefore there aren’t any troubles to use it.
Unfortunately, many users are disappointed with how it performed compared to the different boxes. The Rocketbox looks are moderately average. It’s a touch of a bulbous shape that doesn’t look individually streamlined. This box is one of the smallest amounts of expensive contenders within the roof box market. You’ll get what you procure, which is that the lower building quality. If you maintain it carefully, the low price for the additional cargo-carrying capability should be worthwhile.
- Comfortable controlling, central locking system; built-in Same Key System lock centers help maintain your properties safely.
- Dual-side opening facilitates access to your gear; the box rises with a push-button for most simple use.
- The aerodynamic shape adds to your Yakima car-top rack. That’s why your gears inside the box stay in perfect position.
- The box fits with most of the factory bars, such as Yakima Whispbar racks, square, round bars, and others.
- It is created from up to 80% recovered ABS plastic; eloquent, levered arms help the side-opening cover for simple packing.
- The flat base is that the most ingenious design for adjusting both small and wide crossbar spreads.
- No tools are required to install the box.
- You can find the Yakima RocketBox Pro of 11, 12, and 14 cubic feet.
There is nothing to bother about it except its durability. But it can be ignored due to its low price.
- Aerodynamic design to reduce drag with forward mounting hardware for improved hatch clearance making it great for small vehicles
- Perfect for SUVs, trucks and wagons; Quick-dial mounting hardware fits round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars; Hauls gear for up to 3 campers
- Dual-sided opening and push button security allow easy access on either side of your vehicle and ensure your lid is secure and your gear is safe with included SKS lock cores
- Love it 'Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Ideal for wagons and SUVs in need of added storage space, the RocketBox Pro 14 installs easily and works with a variety of factory bars so you always have extra room when you're on the go
3. Thule Pulse Cargo Box
The Thule Pulse Cargo Box is one of the well-known cargo boxes if you try to find more room when traveling by your Nissan Altima. The Thule cargo box appears with a large interior area to suit a large number of materials. The cargo box is uniquely designed to provide customers with an inexpensive alternative for carrying extra items during transportation with their cars.
This box is built of long-lasting, rugged thermoplastic elements offering users an advantage for his or her money. The pulse cargo box adds simply to the roof of the car utilizing the inner knobs. The special grip hardware provides for ease installation taking approximately five minutes. The low design enables the carrier to readjust into garages and parking. The box comes with one in each of the proper covers, able to resist the most rigid environment. The aerodynamic configuration helps prevent the creating of loud sounds all year long.
- Quicker installation of racks thanks to the easy-grip tools.
- Large capacity holds four to six snowboards, six to eight pairs of skis, poles, and paddles with comfort.
- Reliable and strong because the sturdy plastic material remains stable against severe weather.
- The passenger-side opening provides quick access for packing and unpacking.
- It can be positioned on most factory racks like square and round crossbars.
- The easy-grip installing system constructs quickly and easily attach to the car rack.
- Thule Pulse roof box incorporates a SecureLock feature that secures the cargo box is locked securely.
- The aerodynamic design does not conflict with driving, enabling air to flow over smoothly.
- Very light so, it enabling flexibility.
- Some can give in intense heat, although this is often common to most plastic products.
- Adding and separating the box from the car is a small amount of tedious.
- It might be tough, bulky, and heavy for one person to manage on their own.
- The locking system can be difficult to use for brand spanking, new users.
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
4. Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
Small cars are fuel-efficient, simple to drive, and overall more affordable to keep up, but they include some disadvantages. When it involves loading all of your favorite adventure material and heading out, space restrictions become an issue. The Thule SideKick could be a small cargo box from Swedish manufacturer Thule. With a load limit of 8 cubic ft. and 75 pounds. It’s not the largest cargo solution, but it’s ideal if you don’t have plenty of space, to begin with. It doesn’t have all the features of the more premium cargo boxes, but it’s some positive qualities that are enough to form it our most comprehensive cargo box for small cars. The Thule sidekick is about the identical size as your normal soft-sided cargo bag. However, unlike a cargo bag, you don’t worry about your stuff getting soaked since it’s entirely weatherproof. It’s also a full lot safer with its solid shell and two locking cores.
It gives greater security, and it’s sufficiently small to store effectively when it’s off your Nissan Altima. Innovation has improved since this tiny box initially showed up, and it may well upgrade now.
- It is transferable to any or all vehicles since it’s very small in size
- One of the cheap cargo boxes
- It can be controlled by one person comfortably because it is extremely light in weight.
- Passenger-side opening helps easy filling and unloading
- Easy mounting on any side and leaves space for other items
- Thule Side Kick is formed of impact-resistant, polyethylene structure
- Easy to Install and remove
- It has Box Outer Dimensions of 54 inches x 25 inches x 15.5 inches
- It needs a minimum bar spacing of 20.5 inches and allows a maximum of 32 inches for positioning
- Assembly is also a little problem for some of you.
- No High-end installation system
- It has only one side of the opening
- No interior locking
- It is short enough for skis
- Not one-key system
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
5. SportRack Horizon Cargo Box
The Sportrack Horizon could be a bare-bones rooftop cargo box that gets the work done. It costs less than other top-rated cargo boxes, but it does simply as effective at carrying snowboards, skis, or other equipment on the rooftop of your Nissan Altima. The SportRack Horizon Cargo Box holds out when it involves stability and portability. The producer has produced many high-quality models that have helped the customers with a strong and reliable service.
The Cargo box’s main advantage is its rock-bottom value related to the premium models, so if you do not desire to pay the equivalent of a replacement pair of skis on a top-of-the-line Thule or Yakima box, the Horizon Cargo Box is where it’s at. Its 11 cubic feet of accommodation can withstand interference to six pairs of skis or three snowboards, up to 210cm long. This sets the carrier except from most budget cargo boxes since they’re typically too short to carry any boards, skis, or other long pieces of drugs. Additionally, SportRack also provides an L and XL variant of this Box if your equipment storage requirements surpass the Box range.
- It has 11 cubic unit spacing, and it can contain 2-3 snowboards and 5-6 pairs of skis up to 210 cm.
- It is produced using a high-end substance made of impact-resistant ABS material.
- This Box gives a fast-release attachment kit that permits you to put in and take away it with ease.
- The passenger-side opening lets you be secure while accessing the equipment from your carrier box.
- They are meant to figure with all SportRack carrier systems and any round bars, square bars, and most OEM roof racks.
- It appears with a lock and two keys, creating it impossible to get rid of the key while the Box is unlocked, making it difficult to ignore to lock the Box.
- Just one side opening while other brands provide dual side opening.
- It has a rather difficult mounting process.
- 16 cubic foot (453 L) cargo capacity
- Made from rugged, impact resistant ABS material
- Passenger side opening for easy access away from traffic
- Easy to install or remove using the quick release attachment kit
- Holds 4-6 pairs of skis (up to 178 cm) or 3-4 snowboards
6. YAKIMA Showcase Rooftop Cargo Box
Yakima ShowCase Rooftop Cargo Box is simply described as an ideal mixture of functionality and elegance. This cargo box is built using high-quality materials which will endure repeated use in difficult off-road situations. This model will provide you with the help of a strong yet lightweight structure and aerodynamic design that does a good job of decreasing wind protection. Yakima cargo boxes are in the marketplace for quite your time now and are known for their convenience, easy use, and sturdiness. The ShowCase Cargo Box is not any different and offers you all the features you’d want in an exceedingly high-end cargo box.
If you’re searching for a well-designed cargo box for your Nissan Altima, you ought to give the Yakima ShowCase Rooftop Cargo Box an endeavor. Although this box is made to suit the requirements of smaller vehicles and wagons, it still gives you sufficient space to hold everything you wish for your road trip. It’s advised to someone trying to find a well-designed and sturdy cargo box that provides them a service they will rely upon for several years to come back.
- It has a really large space inside so that you’ll use it to store maximum all of your things without concern about space. It can contain 8 pairs of skis or 6 snowboards.
- The finish of it’s immune to fading and scratching. This implies that it stays in top shape even after using it frequently in areas with adverse climatic conditions.
- It comes with inner lid stiffeners that make sure that it continues tightly closed.
- Its aerodynamics design helps to scale back wind drag that keeps your goods at a secure position all the time.
- SKS Locks are incorporated with the Showcase to keep your gear secure. You could not remove the key without lock the box.
- Dual-sided opening for straightforward access on either side of your Nissan Altima.
- Its weight about 46 pounds. That’s why sometimes it gets tough to put in for a few users.
- The bottom surface can get scratches easily.
- Designed with internal lid stiffeners for durability and easy open and close; Fits round, aerodynamic, factory and square crossbars
- Excellent roof clearance featuring metal clamp with molded soft finish
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle
- Forward-facing hardware and tapered tail end provide the ultimate in hatch clearance
- Ideal fit for larger vehicles, wagons and SUVs
Things to keep in Mind When Choosing Roof Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Nissan Altima, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your content.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it?
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
If you want the best roof Box for your Nissan Altima, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof boxes, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
When you go to buy a roof box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
Every roof box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof box is perfect for a particular type of use. After deciding, pick the perfect roof box from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2023-06-10