There are endless types of roof boxes available on the market. If you have an SUV, off-road SUV, minivan, or sedan across the back, you will easily find a roof box for your Jeep Wrangler. Roof cargo boxes also come with various designs, sizes, and different price tags. You can even find a roof box that is perfect for you if you are on a tight budget.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Cargo Carrier for Jeep Wrangler. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– OverAll Best – Thule Force Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – YAKIMA Showcase
– Budget-Friendly & Most Compact – Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
The Jeep Wrangler is designed with a four-wheel-drive system in order for it to have better traction off-road and still be able to perform well in difficult weather conditions such as rain, wind, or snow.
Many roof boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have a Jeep Wrangler, you can easily find a perfect roof box for your Jeep Wrangler. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. So they will fit with any SUV car. Many roof boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Jeep Wrangler color.
Here, You will see the 6 best roof boxes on this list. And every one of them will work great with your Jeep Wrangler, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantage & Disadvantage of Jeep Wrangler Cargo Box
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide the waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Cargo Carrier for Jeep Wrangler:
1. Thule Force Cargo Box – Thule Cargo Box Jeep Wrangler
Suppose you would like more extra load space for your traveling equipment, snowboards, skiing equipment, or other baggage. In that case, it’s deserving considering buying a rooftop box. One of the most effective cargo boxes available in the shops is the Thule Force Cargo Box. It comes in a very smart black design that adds a beautiful look to your Jeep Wrangler.
This model is a superb choice if you’re trying to find the most effective rooftop cargo carrier. It’s available in a various number of sizes. It’s available in 13 cubic feet capacities, 11 cubic feet, likewise as 17 cubic feet. This can allow users with different luggage bearing capacities must select the model that most closely fits them. Thule Force Cargo Box is one of the most reliable products in most online shops that sell cargo boxes.
- Thule Force roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- Aerodynamic shape and the diamond-textured covering on the lid of the roof box help to mount back drag.
- You will be on the road in a quick time, without any extra tools, because QuickGrip installing system comes pre-installed. This system is mounted on the round and square crossbars, and most factory racks join with a one-handed movement.
- Both-side openings let you access your things from both sides of the box.
- The locking system gives an outer lock-assist knob that’s simple to use; a built-in feature symbolizes the key can only be separated after sealed the box properly.
- A user-friendly locking system includes an oversize key; a lock does locate on both sides of the box, and each lock originates with a couple of keys.
- A bit costly but deserving each cent.
- There is some mileage problem. About 3-5 miles per gallon call fuel consumption rate.
- Installing the Thule Force could also be easy, but taking it off maybe a little bit of a pain by a minimum of one person.
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
2. YAKIMA Showcase
Yakima ShowCase Rooftop Cargo Box is simply described as an ideal mixture of functionality and elegance. This cargo box is built using high-quality materials which will endure repeated use in difficult off-road situations. This model will provide you with the help of a strong yet lightweight structure and aerodynamic design that does a good job of decreasing wind protection. Yakima cargo boxes are in the marketplace for quite your time now and are known for their convenience, easy use, and sturdiness. The ShowCase Cargo Box is not any different and offers you all the features you’d want in an exceedingly high-end cargo box.
If you’re searching for a well-designed cargo box for your vehicle, you ought to give the Yakima ShowCase Rooftop Cargo Box an endeavor. Although this box is made to suit the requirements of smaller vehicles and wagons, it still gives you sufficient space to hold everything you wish for your road trip. It’s advised to someone trying to find a well-designed and sturdy cargo box that provides them a service they will rely upon for several years to come back.
- It has a really large space inside so that you’ll use it to store maximum all of your things without concern about space. It can contain 8 pairs of skis or 6 snowboards.
- The finish of it’s immune to fading and scratching. This implies that it stays in top shape even after using it frequently in areas with adverse climatic conditions.
- It comes with inner lid stiffeners that make sure that it continues tightly closed.
- Its aerodynamics design helps to scale back wind drag that keeps your goods at a secure position all the time.
- SKS Locks are incorporated with the Showcase to keep your gear secure. You could not remove the key without lock the box.
- Dual-sided opening for straightforward access on either side of your vehicle.
- Its weight about 46 pounds. That’s why sometimes it gets tough to put in for a few users.
- The bottom surface can get scratches easily.
- Designed with internal lid stiffeners for durability and easy open and close; Fits round, aerodynamic, factory and square crossbars
- Excellent roof clearance featuring metal clamp with molded soft finish
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle
- Forward-facing hardware and tapered tail end provide the ultimate in hatch clearance
- Ideal fit for larger vehicles, wagons and SUVs
3. Thule Sidekick Cargo Box – Jeep Wrangler With Thule Box
Small cars are fuel-efficient, simple to drive, and overall more affordable to keep up, but they include some disadvantages. When it involves loading all of your favorite adventure material and heading out, space restrictions become an issue. The Thule SideKick could be a small cargo box from Swedish manufacturer Thule.
With a load limit of 8 cubic ft. and 75 pounds. It’s not the largest cargo solution, but it’s ideal if you don’t have plenty of space, to begin with. It doesn’t have all the features of the more premium cargo boxes, but it’s some positive qualities that are enough to form it our most comprehensive cargo box for small cars. The Thule sidekick is about the identical size as your normal soft-sided cargo bag. However, unlike a cargo bag, you don’t worry about your stuff getting soaked since it’s entirely weatherproof. It’s also a full lot safer with its solid shell and two locking cores.
It gives greater security, and it’s sufficiently small to store effectively when it’s off your vehicle. Innovation has improved since this tiny box initially showed up, and it may well upgrade now.
- It is transferable to any or all vehicles since it’s very small in size
- One of the cheap cargo boxes
- It can be controlled by one person comfortably because it is extremely light in weight.
- Passenger-side opening helps easy filling and unloading
- Easy mounting on any side and leaves space for other items
- Thule Side Kick is formed of impact-resistant, polyethylene structure
- Easy to Install and remove
- It has Box Outer Dimensions of 54 inches x 25 inches x 15.5 inches
- It needs a minimum bar spacing of 20.5 inches and allows a maximum of 32 inches for positioning
- Assembly is also a little problem for some of you.
- No High-end installation system
- It has only one side of the opening
- No interior locking
- It is short enough for skis
- Not one-key system
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
4. Thule Sonic Cargo Box – Thule Cargo Box Jeep Wrangler
Suppose you’re interested in driving cargo in your car which too during a safe and complicated way, then it is sensible to travel certain a well-chosen and well-thought way, Thule cargo box that would fit snugly on the highest of your car.
Amongst the varied options available within the market, there are causes to believe that choosing Thule Sonic Cargo Box wouldn’t be a bad idea. This smooth, classy-looking design is top-notch at a low price. It’s an awfully solid lid that creates it simple to open and shut, and users adore it due to how easy the mounting hardware is to put in. The Sonic is one of the quietest roof boxes we tested, and we barely noticed it on the highway till we got beyond speeds of 70 MPH.
Though it’s quite small and compressed, it’s quite acceptable as far as storing capability is not for worried. In fact, it can hold plenty of material for a group of 4. In many cases, the box has been ready to accommodate three duffel bags. Further, it’s also completely waterproof within the true sense of the term.
- Thule Sonic XL roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- It is also totally waterproof and may withstand an affordable amount of drenching.
- It also incorporates a very useful and user-friendly storing and unloading feature. This makes it possible to require out belonging from the perimeters of the cargo box without having to descend them.
- The mounting method clicks after you arrive at the optimal hold so that you will be on the road in seconds; it will be mounted on the square and round crossbars and most factory racks.
- The face of the cargo box features a registered AeroNose design that’s pointed; therefore, the box cuts through the air, helping to cut back drag and noise.
- The locking system features an external lock-assist knob that’s comfortable to use; a built-in feature means the key can only be separated when the box is fully closed.
There is nothing very severely improper with this roof box. However, some consideration needs to be utilized when opening the cargo box on the move. Each side should never be opened at the same time. This is often a flaw if one would like to think about it.
- Patented AeroNose Design cuts through the air and reduces drag and noise
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- Oversized SecureLock ensures the box is closed securely and properly prior to driving
- Dual-Side Opening for loading/unloading from either side of the vehicle
5. Malone Profile18S Rooftop Cargo Box
The Profile line of rooftop boxes does give an inexpensive and broad profile design. An ideal option when mountain-bound and gone to the hills with many skis and snowboards. These boxes feature a secure, quickly attach mounting system, abrasion and UV repellent ABS structure, a centralized locking system, and a double opening cover. The Malone Profile roof box encounters large brands whose rooftop carriers cost a lot more at a reasonable price. The 18-cubic-foot design provides you with loads of additional areas to carry everything from snow skis to sleeping bags to fishing rods and extra luggage.
It also seems excellent on your car, sporting a smooth design that’s an attention-grabbing extension to your car or truck. In addition to its UV- and scratch-resistant form, this roof box encompasses a centralized locking system for extra peace of mind and may suit crossbars from 25″ to 40″ in size. It can contain 165 lbs. worth of your belongings, and it’s so well-made that the producers have given it a lifetime warranty, which gives all owners the boldness they have to stay in this roof box for several years to return.
- Cargo box installs on your car’s carrier to supply enclosed storage for your equipment.
- It has a carrying capacity of 18 volume units and a load capacity of 165 lbs.
- A Dual-side opening cover allows you to pack and unpack property from either side of your car.
- The built-in lock ensures your property within the box and also the box to crossbars. The Key can only be separated when the box is closed and sealed.
- The aerodynamic shape benefits reduce wind sound and drag.
- Long-lasting plastic construction is UV resistant.
- Outfits up to 205cm long skis and multiple boards
The quality of the threading within the tower itself may be a bit disappointing.
6. SportRack Horizon Cargo Box
The Sportrack Horizon could be a bare-bones rooftop cargo box that gets the work done. It costs less than other top-rated cargo boxes, but it does simply as effective at carrying snowboards, skis, or other equipment on the rooftop of your car. The SportRack Horizon Cargo Box holds out when it involves stability and portability. The producer has produced many high-quality models that have helped the customers with a strong and reliable service.
The Cargo box’s main advantage is its rock-bottom value related to the premium models, so if you do not desire to pay the equivalent of a replacement pair of skis on a top-of-the-line Thule or Yakima box, the Horizon Cargo Box is where it’s at. Its 11 cubic feet of accommodation can withstand interference to six pairs of skis or three snowboards, up to 210cm long. This sets the carrier except from most budget cargo boxes since they’re typically too short to carry any boards, skis, or other long pieces of drugs. Additionally, SportRack also provides an L and XL variant of this Box if your equipment storage requirements surpass the Box range.
- It has 11 cubic unit spacing, and it can contain 2-3 snowboards and 5-6 pairs of skis up to 210 cm.
- It is produced using a high-end substance made of impact-resistant ABS material.
- This Box gives a fast-release attachment kit that permits you to put in and take away it with ease.
- The passenger-side opening lets you be secure while accessing the equipment from your carrier box.
- They are meant to figure with all SportRack carrier systems and any round bars, square bars, and most OEM roof racks.
- It appears with a lock and two keys, creating it impossible to get rid of the key while the Box is unlocked, making it difficult to ignore to lock the Box.
- Just one side opening while other brands provide dual side opening.
- It has a rather difficult mounting process.
- 16 cubic foot (453 L) cargo capacity
- Made from rugged, impact resistant ABS material
- Passenger side opening for easy access away from traffic
- Easy to install or remove using the quick release attachment kit
- Holds 4-6 pairs of skis (up to 178 cm) or 3-4 snowboards
Things to keep in Mind When Choosing Jeep Roof Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Jeep Wrangler, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box
- How you can access your contents
- The size of the box
- How secure the box is
- The durability of the box
- Security of the locking system
- Amount of storage space
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it
- If it’s waterproof
- Aerodynamics of the box
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily
Conclusion – Rooftop Cargo Carrier for Jeep Wrangler
When you go to buy a roof box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
If you want the best roof Box for your Jeep Wrangler, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof boxes, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
Every roof box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof box is perfect for a particular type of use. After deciding, pick the perfect roof box from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
Last Update : 2023-01-22