There are endless types of roof cargo boxes available on the market. If you have an SUV, sedan, minivan, or across the back, you will easily find a roof cargo box for your Jeep Grand Cherokee. As with cars, roof cargo boxes also come with various designs, sizes, and different price tags. You can even find a roof cargo box that is perfect for you if you are on a tight budget.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Cargo Box for Jeep Grand Cherokee. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Vector Roof Box
– Aerodynamic Design – YAKIMA SkyBox Pro
– Value for Money – Sportrack Vista XL
Many roof cargo boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have a Grand Cherokee, you can easily find a perfect roof cargo box for your Grand Cherokee. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. So they will fit with any SUV car. Many roof cargo boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Jeep Grand Cherokee color.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Jeep Grand Cherokee roof cargo boxes. And every one of them will work great with your Grand Cherokee, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Jeep Grand Cherokee Roof Storage
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Roof Cargo Box for Jeep Grand Cherokee:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available in a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit a large range of vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. YAKIMA SkyBox Pro
Yakima has been a pacesetter within the cargo roof box game a few times, and their essence and arguably most versatile product is that the SkyBox Carbonite. There’s a large range of cargo box designs and appearances on the market, but the Yakima SkyBox Carbonite goes the sweet spot geared capacity for all-season use.
In addition, its flexible size fits most vehicles. This model has contained massive camping gear for a family of 4, including a large tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and a stove, and you can also add a kid’s Strider bike. It needed some tricky packing, but it stores a great amount, especially soft-sided and compressible objects. And for winter-time use, the box easily consumes snowboards and skis. Yakima lists the most length at 185 centimeters, but it absolutely was just long enough for pairs of 182-centimeter all-mountain skis with that you can also take a snowboard.
The Skybox Pro increases the carrying ability of your vehicle by over 18 cubic feet. Using this cargo box, you’ll now easily transport four snowboards or perhaps up to eight pairs of skis.
- Design hits the suitable spot for all-season use: it is a flexible size that matches most vehicles while maintaining the sufficient capacity for skis and ponderous camping gear.
- Both side opening conveniently enables the box to be opened from either the right or left side. You can access it from both the driver’s and traveler’s sides.
- SuperLatch security guarantees your lid is safe to its base and your property is safe. It applies SKS lock cores so that you can use one set of keys for various Yakima products.
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits aerodynamic crossbars, square, factory, and Yakima round.
- The rear of the cargo box is reduced for enhanced hatch allowance.
- Its stiff latches will be challenging to open.
- Aerodynamic shape and comparatively slight 15-inch peak height limit what you’ll bring to fairly low-profile items.
- The top-end surface of the box isn’t smooth, just like the other roof boxes.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits Yakima round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
3. Sportrack Vista XL Cargo Box
The SportRack SR7018 Vista XL is a superb cargo box for driving without breeze noise. It’s sturdy and comes in an aerodynamic form allowing the wind to glide in a smooth manner. It’s pretty simple to install on any crossbars. It’s a good option for packing your items when traveling distant and needs sufficient space in your Jeep Grand Cherokee. It’s waterproof and might be protected, keeping all materials safe and secure. The rear opening enables quick entrance far away from the traffic, while the quick-release mounting system provides quicker evacuation.
The SportRack can install right out of the box, saving us many times and energy. This box works by a U-bolt mounting system similar and is incredibly easy to gather all equipment and install. Though requiring the strong, ergonomic grip of the top-rated products, the Vista XL is surprisingly smooth to open and shut. The lid overlaps the underside of the box enough to create a reasonably efficient grip, and you may never have difficulty latching it perfectly. Normally you’ll get what you purchase in this cargo box. While much less visualization than the top-rated boxes, we predict an irregular user would attain value during this box at a fraction of the value of costly boxes.
- SportRack Vista cargo box could be a large cupboard space for your car, and also, the loading capacity is 100 lbs.
- You can instantly construct it on top of your car within minutes without any difficulty because the roof box fits most factory crossbars.
- This box could be a compound of high-quality ABS materials, and it’s durable, waterproof, UV-resistant, and sturdy.
- When required with a rare and unique rear-opening feature, straightforward access enables you to open the roof box from its rear.
- The locks appear not the most effective quality; they provide a reliable and safe lock.
- It can create whistling at high speeds, but its noise levels are quiet compared to other cargo boxes within the market.
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
4. Thule Vector Roof Box
Car roof boxes are around for quite a while now, and it’s an ever-growing demand, which makes it more and tougher to grasp what to shop for and the way to induce value for money. Thule Vector roof boxes are long-lasting, hard-shelled cargo boxes that attach to your Jeep Grand Cherokee roof. These handy products are created to resolve a huge range of storage requirements while making road-tripping easier and more convenient for you and your travelers. From camp stoves to snowboards, deck benches, to fly rods, there’s a Thule storage box for almost all styles of luggage or outdoor equipment.
Thule’s Vector roof boxes are intended to accommodate almost any outdoor equipment you need, long and thin for skis and fishing rods to big and hulking for all of your camping and outdoor gear. Thule roof storage boxes are known for their safety, strength, and sturdiness. The box is built from five layers of super-strong, automotive-grade acrylic, often used for molding applications thanks to its lightweight and impact resistance.
- A classic, sporty figure with a seamless mixture of the cover and for that the base that can adjust with any particular looks of the car.
- The strengthened lid offers a sleek, simple both-sided opening and closing.
- Adds a Thule roof box lid cover to provide protection from cuts and dirt at the time of storage.
- Sidelock system with separate locking and opening functions that helps to automatically locks the cover in situ and ensure that the box is closed securely.
- Double side opening for simple access from either side of the vehicle.
- Comfortable installing process because of the Power Click quick-install system. The combined torque indicator clicks when it’s accurately positioned, assuring quick and stable fitting.
- Easy access to the full box with minimum danger of any engagement with the cargo box because of its front position on the vehicle roof.
- Containing Thule Box Lid Cover to safeguard the carrier from marks and mud during accommodation.
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
5. 18S Car The Cargo Box
From several high-rated roof boxes, the primary name comes for Malone Profile 18S. The load capacity of this rooftop box is 165 lbs. measuring, and it’s largely almost 18 cubic feet. The Profile 18S is obtainable during a two-tone color scheme with an Anthracite Grey matte finish to go with almost all the car’s colors and a special aerodynamic design; the box suits any car’s look.
As a product from the Melano Profile series, you may get some essential features that might facilitate your travel along with your extra equipment on your car’s rooftop. You’ll be able to open the box on dual sides. There’s a locking system within the box. So, there’s no possibility of being bothered about your materials. Malone Profile 18S is scratch and UV-rays-resistant. This gives the box a surety of higher stability and solidity. The more important matter is that it’s a lifetime warranty that gives its owner continuously more relaxation and belief to own it without delay.
- Cargo box mounts on your car’s luggage rack to supply enclosed storage for your gear. It is perfect for mid-size wagons and crossovers.
- Best for carrying material and luggage of 3 – 4 people.
- A Dual-side-opening cover allows you to store and empty material from both sides of your car.
- The strengthened structure makes it easy to open and shut. It helps users by holding the lid open during loading and unloading.
- The built-in locking system ensures your property is within the box and consequently the box to crossbars. You can remove the key when the box is closed and locked.
- The aerodynamic shape assists reduce wind noise and movement of materials inside the box.
- Quick-attach brace gives easy, tool-free installation on most crossbars. Clamps cover around crossbars and ensure with bolts and hand controls.
- Eight installed anchor points enable you to ensure cargo inside the box.
- The durable plastic structure is UV resistant.
- Delivers an extra 18 cu FT Of storage space
- Aerodynamic design dimensions are 57" L x 39" x 19" H and is rated at 110 lbs
- Carrying capacity with evenly distributed cargo
6. Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box
Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box is catchy, smooth, and classy while being extremely easy to use. It is a breeze to put in if you intend on using it on and off your Jeep Grand Cherokee regularly. If you wish a box that ranks at the highest of the crowd in both performances and appears, the highest Pick-winning Thule Hyper XL could be an excellent option. It retails considerably over other products that work identical basic functions nearly identically. The Hyper XL may be a great cargo carrier but should not be your first choice if you’re shopping on a budget. It’s mainly for folks that are ready to pay a premium for appearance.
Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box may be a high-quality cargo box with a secured AeroNose design and a strengthened ultra-thick lid for stability and also decreases noise. The box is outfitted accurately and centered, assuring it doesn’t move in. once you hit the road. It’s quite long-lasting and protected with a look to stop drag and noise.
- AeroNose configuration that enables it to hold drag and forestall sound.
- Carries 4 – 6 snowboards or 6 – 8 pairs of skis.
- The lid of the Thule Hyper box is strengthened with a thick material to assist improve its durability.
- The Base is reinforced with a thick substance to withstand the wind forces when traveling at high speeds.
- Rear-Angled Base and advanced vehicle mounting positions give the simplest attainable trunk and hatch clearance.
- Its AcuTight mounting system ensures your box is secured in the least times, even after hitting the optimal hold.
- SecureLock locking tool securely locks and restricts you from removing the key if the lock isn’t completely engaged.
- The box opens on both driver and passenger sides.
- It costs over other Thule Cargo Boxes.
- There isn’t any visible indicator that confirms if the box is opened or locked.
- The handles don’t seem to be strong enough and crack easily but can last if not pulled too heavily.
- It only is offered in one color and size, that’s a scheme of black and grey.
- Patented AeroNose Design reduces drag and noise making it the most aerodynamic box available.Load capacity 110 lb
- Reinforced Ultra-Thick Lid and Base for maximum durability
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- Integrated Light for nighttime loading and unloading
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Jeep Grand Cherokee Cargo Box:
There are a variety of roof cargo boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof cargo box for your Jeep Grand Cherokee, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your content.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof cargo box when you’re not using it?
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
Conclusion: Roof Storage for Jeep Grand Cherokee
We hope that our expert recommendations will help you to find the perfect roof cargo box for you. If you want the best roof cargo box for your Grand Cherokee, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof cargo boxes, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items. However, our research is always here to help you to find the perfect roof cargo box for you.
When you go to buy a roof cargo box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof cargo box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof cargo box. And after choosing an ideal roof cargo box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
Every roof cargo box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof cargo box is perfect for a particular type of use. You have to make your decision carefully. Remember, why are you buying this roof cargo box and which peculiarities are essential for you. See which roof cargo boxes can fulfill your importance, and then buy the best roof cargo box for your next big adventurous trip.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-28