I don’t know which Hyundai Tucson you are driving, but the 2023 model is really good. It has all the features that we like in SUVs. But the trunk space of just 31 cubic feet behind the rear seats, and there is not enough space for your stuff in the trunk. But there is a way to solve that problem.
There are lots of boxes that fit on the Hyundai Tucson. This does not make buying easy. That is why we have put together a list of our favorite cargo boxes that will fit your Tucson.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Hyundai Tucson Roof Boxes. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Force XT Cargo Box
– Best Value for Money – JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Many different-sized roof boxes are available. The size of the cargo box is measured by cubic feet. A small cargo box can be 8 cubic feet, and one that is larger can be 22 cubic feet or more. Please choose the size that will fit your needs depending on what you want to carry with it.
If you are going on a long trip for camping or a cross-country drive, a roof box is very useful. They’re good-looking, smooth, durable, and spacious roof boxes. You can use it as a simple and easy solution to your storage problem during the trip.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Hyundai Tucson Roof Storage:
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides extra storage space. The cargo box will fit on your Hyundai Tucson because it is compatible with many different kinds of cars. Some roof boxes are easy to install and are made out of materials that do not wear down easily. Some also provide waterproof features.
The downside is that it can affect how much fuel your Hyundai Tucson gets, and in the case of electric cars, it will lessen the range. But these disadvantages are tolerable in front of their benefits. For example, they have limited space for taller items, but this is not a big deal because you can fit long things like skis inside and smaller things.
Best Hyundai Tucson Roof Boxes:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available in a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit many vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions automatically locks the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar, and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
JEGS 90098 Cargo Box helps create your journey more pleasurable and relaxed since you need to decrease your essentials because of the shortage of suitable space in your Hyundai Tucson. Beautiful design, size aerodynamics, weight, easy use, and sturdiness are essential features of the simplest cargo box. Also, the JEGS Performance Products 90098 rooftop cargo carrier will meet all of those features. Overall performance is average.
JEGS 90098 rooftop cargo bag is extremely lightweight for its dimension and feels somewhat flimsy, and the plastic is smooth and flexible. It does seem to be strong enough a minimum of when greenhorn and works just fine; however, its durability may be problematic. On your primary few trips, it’s unlikely you may encounter any problems. However, if you intend to use this cargo bag regularly for several years, it’d allow you to down at some point.
Overall, JEGS 90098 could be a standard rooftop cargo carrier. It’s not a top-rated hard-shell carrier, but that’s not something you’d expect anyhow. It is budget-priced. It’ll be sufficient for several, but if you’re searching for a high-quality product, you may need to have a look at costlier models.
- This Box can take up to 110 lbs. of materials for tour lovers.
- It’s only 28 lbs.; when the cargo box is empty. You’ll raise it singly, but it’s better to invoke help after you are lifting it to the highest of your Hyundai Tucson.
- The JEGS cargo box allows a 4-corner locking system that has enhanced protection to your properties.
- It is a dual-side opening cargo box that permits packing or unloading things from either side.
- The installation process doesn’t need any help from tools but only your bare hands.
- The locking system is flimsy and simple to control to an open position.
- It is high. If your car is big and tall, you have got to use a ladder to succeed in and obtain the cargo carrier.
- The quality of U-bolts is not so reliable.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. Thule Force XT Cargo Box
Suppose you would like more extra load space for your traveling equipment, snowboards, skiing equipment, or other baggage. In that case, it’s deserving considering buying a rooftop box. One of the most effective cargo boxes available in the shops is the Thule Force XT Cargo Box. It comes in a very smart black design that adds a beautiful look to your vehicle.
This model is a superb choice if you’re trying to find the most effective rooftop cargo carrier. It’s available in various number of sizes. It’s available in 13 cubic feet capacities, 11 cubic feet, likewise as 17 cubic feet. This can allow users with different luggage bearing capacities must select the model that most closely fits them. Thule Force XT Cargo Box is one of the most reliable products in most online shops that sell cargo boxes.
- Thule Force XT roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- Aerodynamic shape and the diamond-textured covering on the lid of the roof box help to mount back drag.
- You will be on the road in a quick time, without any extra tools, because QuickGrip installing system comes pre-installed. This system is mounted on round and square crossbars, and most factory racks join with a one-handed movement.
- Both-side openings let you access your things from both sides of the box.
- The locking system gives an outer lock-assist knob that’s simple to use; a built-in feature symbolizes the key can only be separated after sealing the box properly.
- A user-friendly locking system includes an oversize key; a lock does locate on both sides of the box, and each lock originates with a couple of keys.
- A bit costly but deserving each cent.
- There is some mileage problem. About 3-5 miles per gallon call the fuel consumption rate.
- Installing the Thule Force XT could also be easy, but taking it off may be a little bit of a pain by a minimum of one person.
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
4. Goplus Cargo Box
Goplus is a company that includes various commodities available in numerous categories like home & garden, automotive tools, furniture, hardware tools, outdoor equipment, and many more. Goplus Rooftop Cargo Carrier could be an excellent choice for anyone buying some way to extend their car’s load-carrying ability without the price of the top-tier models.
The development of the Goplus car roof box may be a compound of strong ABS and PC plastic elements, and it’s light enough for bearing up by a single person. ABS elements are long-lasting, water-resistant, and reliable; therefore, you must not bother using the Goplus roof to confine extreme weather, use it in wild fields, and use it in sudden disasters. The strong ABS material will flawlessly preserve your goods from all types of possible situations.
Based on the manufacturer’s information, The Goplus car roof box is globally fitting to any or all styles of rack bars. In case you previously had a couple of rack bars on the rooftop of your car, you’ll use the Goplus cargo box without anxieties about adaptability. Moreover, trucks, coupes, minivans, SUVs, and sedans can use the Goplus car roof box. You will find three color choices for the Goplus cargo box on the market: White, Black, and Titanium Gray. Hence, you’ll be able to pick a color to suit the design and color of your car.
- It has a storing capability of 14 Cubic feet. It can take up to 165 lbs load.
- Four quick-to-connect anchors to be able to mount it easily.
- It features round and square factory bars that make it more reliable. It is a strong and strong product that preserves your valuables effectively toward elements vulnerability.
- It creates super lock security, ensuring the top stays securely on the box’s base making all of your property safes.
- The box incorporates a dual-sided opening getting it easily accessible from each side of the vehicle.
- Smooth aerodynamic shape benefits to cut back drag and noise.
- The top looks thin.
- The short length makes it a bad option if you’re searching for a cargo carrier, particularly to move longer gear, like adult skis or longer snowboards.
- Perfect for Road Trip---Take the cargo box to the park, the beach, the sports field, or any place you need to store. Works on all vehicles with rack, suitable for cars, vans, SUVs, etc. Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and has less noise.
- 14 Cubic Feet Cargo Box with Car Trunk Organizer---With the large capacity, the roof cargo box can help you securely carry 14 cubic feet worth of essentials, can increase vehicle cargo space without impeding on passenger comfort, more capacity, more pleasure! Included trunk organizer comes with 3 different size compartments, 12 side bags which will help you organize sundries with ease.
- Robust and Security Design---The roof cargo box is designed to withstand heavy use in different types of weather conditions. The metal lid stiffeners at the bottom makes the roof box more stable and safer. With the double-lock design for protecting your valuables. 【Note】This product is suitable for vehicles with rack (the width of the luggage rack is adjusted to between 16.1 inches and 24.8 inches, and the width of the roof crossbar is less than 3.1 inches).
- High Quality Material---The roof box is manufactured from sturdy ABS and PC material for long-lasting use, able to protect your valuables from exposure to the elements and can load 165 lbs capacity, suitable for round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars.
- Easy to Install---The Goplus roof box equipped with 4 quick connect anchors for easy install and super latch security ensures your lid secure to its base, and your gear is safe. Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle to increased efficiency and convenience.【Note: please do not open the openings on both sides at the same time. The key can only be removed after the cover is closed and locked.】
5. MENABO Roof Box
Menabo is a well-known manufacturer for their roof boxes that concentrates on sufficing customers’ needs, experience, appearance, and security. Its products are popular within the world and are ideal in quality and specialties. Menabos boxes are a mixture of perfectness, safety, and creativeness.
Within the growth of half a century, it has improved its roof boxes to the highest on the market internationally. Additionally, it’s been following innovation, protection, and features with intensity for five decades. You have seven options of Menabo diamond cargo boxes in the store. From 450 L to 580 L, you’ll be able to pick one that matches your requirements. Moreover, there’s just one black color option for the roof box, and the general fitting black color is your only choice. We’ll discuss MENABO Diamond 450 L variant in this article and find out about its best features.
Menabo Diamond cargo boxes are built with strong, long-lasting, and water-resistant plastic to be light in load. You’ll be able to construct the roof box independently, but it is recommended to call your friend or family to assist you with the mounting process because the size of this roof box is big.
The easy-to-mount hardware is simple to control, so you’ll install the cargo in confined moments. A double opening feature lets you open the roof box from each side to form many benefits for packing or unpacking goods in or out from it.
- Its max capacity for taking load is 165 lbs.
- Tight grip, quick-mount system feature that makes it simple to assemble.
- Provided with a lockable and secured dual snap closure that provides the best security
- Easy loading and unloading make it ideal for traveling and hassle-free storage.
- You can open the box from both sides.
- One of the best cargo boxes available because of its safety and quality of elements. It Fits with all roof carriers.
- Its aerodynamic shape doesn’t conflict with driving, helps airflow over smoothly, and creates less noise.
Except for its packaging and security systems, nothing bad sides will be found based on its price range.
- One of the top cargo boxes available due to its safety and quality of materials. Compatible with all roof carriers.
- Mounts safely and quickly to roof bar slots with standard 20 mm T-System screws or an universal fitting system is available.
- Max load of 165 lbs or 75 kg
- Duo means the box can open from both sides
- Capacity of 500 liters/132 gallons/17.6 cubic feet
6. YAKIMA SkyBox
Yakima has been a pacesetter within the cargo roof box game a few times, and their essence and arguably most versatile product is the SkyBox Carbonite. There’s a large range of cargo box designs and appearances on the market, but the Yakima SkyBox Carbonite goes the sweet spot geared capacity for all-season use.
In addition, its flexible size fits most vehicles. This model has contained massive camping gear for a family of 4, including a large tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and a stove, and you can also add a kid’s Strider bike. It needed some tricky packing, but it stores a great amount, especially soft-sided and compressible objects. And for winter-time use, the box easily consumes snowboards and skis. Yakima lists the most length at 185 centimeters, but it absolutely was just long enough for pairs of 182-centimeter all-mountain skis with that you can also take a snowboard.
The Skybox Pro increases the carrying ability of your Hyundai Tucson by over 18 cubic feet. Using this cargo box, you’ll now easily transport four snowboards or perhaps up to eight pairs of skis.
- Design hits the suitable spot for all-season use: it is a flexible size that matches most vehicles while maintaining the sufficient capacity for skis and ponderous camping gear.
- Both side opening conveniently enables the box to be opened from either the right or left side. You can access it from both the driver’s and traveler’s sides.
- SuperLatch security guarantees your lid is safe to its base and your property is safe. It applies SKS lock cores so that you can use one set of keys for various Yakima products.
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits aerodynamic crossbars, square, factory, and Yakima round.
- The rear of the cargo box is reduced for enhanced hatch allowance.
- Its stiff latches will be challenging to open.
- Aerodynamic shape and comparatively slight 15-inch peak height limit what you’ll bring to fairly low-profile items.
- The top-end surface of the box isn’t smooth, just like the other roof boxes.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits YAKIMA round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Hyundai Tucson Roof Box:
There are many different types of roof cargo boxes to choose from. You should consider the following things when you are looking for one that is best for your Hyundai Tucson:
- How easy is the box to attach?
- How can you find your things in it?
- Is the box big enough?
- Is the locking system secure?
- Is the box durable enough?
- Do you have enough storage space in it?
- Is it waterproof?
- What will you do with your roof box when not using it?
- Is the lid designed to open easily?
- Aerodynamics of the box
Before we recommend any products, we do a lot of research. We know that our recommendations will be worth it. All the roof boxes are perfect for Hyundai Tucson.
We hope that our review and expert recommendations will help you find the perfect roof box for you. Your needs are based on the type of product you need to bear with the roof box or your budget. However, our research is always here to help you to find the perfect roof box for you.
Every roof box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof box is perfect for a particular type of use. You have to make your decision carefully. Remember, why are you buying this roof box and which peculiarities are essential for you? See which roof boxes can fulfill your importance, and then buy the best roof box for your next big adventurous trip.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2023-01-29