If you are traveling with friends and your family, you’ll hardly want to keep all the equipment on your car’s back and top. Even traveling with only one person, you will not keep all your stuff in your trunk. So you have to find a better way to keep all of your stuff legally. And thankfully, there is a solution, and that is roof boxes.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best Hyundai Elantra Roof Boxes. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
– Best Value for Money – JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Many roof boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have a Hyundai Elantra, you can easily find a perfect roof cargo box for your car. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. Many roof boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Hyundai Elantra color.
Here, You will see the 6 best roof boxes on this list. And every one of them will work great with your Hyundai Elantra, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Hyundai Elantra Roof Storage:
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Roof Cargo Box for Hyundai Elantra:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available during a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is that the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit many vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
JEGS 90098 Cargo Box helps create your journey more pleasurable and relaxed since you need to decrease your essentials because of the shortage of suitable space in your car. Beautiful design, size aerodynamics, weight, easy use, and sturdiness are essential features of the simplest cargo box. Also, the JEGS Performance Products 90098 rooftop cargo carrier will meet all of those features. Overall performance is average.
JEGS 90098 rooftop cargo bag is extremely lightweight for its dimension and feels somewhat flimsy, and plastic is smooth and flexible. It does seem to be strong enough a minimum of when greenhorn and works just fine; however, its durability may be problematic. On your primary few trips, it’s unlikely you may encounter any problems. However, if you intend to use this cargo bag regularly for several years, it’d allow you to down at some point.
Overall, JEGS 90098 could be a standard rooftop cargo carrier. It’s not a top-rated hard-shell carrier, but that’s not something you’d expect anyhow. It is budget-priced. It’ll be sufficient for several, but if you’re searching for a high-quality product, you may need to have a look at costlier models.
- This Box can take up to 110 lbs. of materials for tour lovers.
- It’s only 28 lbs.; when the cargo box is empty. You’ll raise it singly, but it’s better to invoke help after you are lifting it to the highest of your car.
- The JEGS cargo box allows a 4-corner locking system that has enhanced protection to your properties.
- It is a dual-side opening cargo box that permits packing or unloads things from either side.
- The installation process doesn’t need any help from tools but only your bare hands.
- The locking system is flimsy and simple to control to an open position.
- It is high. If your car is big and tall, you have got to use a ladder to succeed in and obtain the cargo carrier.
- The quality of U-bolts is not so reliable.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. Thule Vector Roof Box
Car roof boxes are around for quite a while now, and it’s an ever-growing demand, which makes it more and tougher to grasp what to shop for and the way to induce value for money. Thule Vector roof boxes are long-lasting, hard-shelled cargo boxes that attach to your car roof.
These handy products are created to resolve a huge range of storage requirements while making road-tripping easier and more convenient for you and your travelers. From camp stoves to snowboards, deck benches, to fly rods, there’s a Thule storage box for almost all styles of luggage or outdoor equipment.
Thule’s Vector roof boxes are intended to accommodate almost any outdoor equipment you need, long and thin for skis and fishing rods to big and hulking for all of your camping and outdoor gear. Thule roof storage boxes are known for their safety, strength, and sturdiness. The box is built from five layers of super-strong, automotive-grade acrylic, often used for molding applications thanks to its lightweight and impact resistance.
- A classic, sporty figure with a seamless mixture of the cover and for that the base that can adjust with any particular looks of the car
- The strengthened lid offers a sleek, simple both-sided opening and closing
- Adds a Thule roof box lid cover to provide protection from cuts and dirt at the time of storage
- Sidelock system with separate locking and opening functions that helps to automatically locks the cover in situ and ensure that the box is closed securely
- Double side opening for simple access from either side of the vehicle
- Comfortable installing process because of the Power Click quick-install system. The combined torque indicator clicks when it’s accurately positioned, assuring quick and stable fitting
- Easy access to the full box with minimum danger of any engagement with the cargo box because of its front position on the vehicle roof
- Containing Thule Box Lid Cover to safeguard the carrier from marks and mud during accommodation
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
4. Thule Force XT Cargo Box
Suppose you would like more extra load space for your traveling equipment, snowboards, skiing equipment, or other baggage. In that case, it’s deserving considering buying a rooftop box. One of the most effective cargo boxes available in the shops is the Thule Force XT Cargo Box. It comes in a very smart black design that adds a beautiful look to your vehicle.
This model is a superb choice if you’re trying to find the most effective rooftop cargo carrier. It’s available in a various number of sizes. It’s available in 13 cubic feet capacities, 11 cubic feet, likewise as 17 cubic feet. This can allow users with different luggage bearing capacities must select the model that most closely fits them. Thule Force XT Cargo Box is one of the most reliable products in most online shops that sell cargo boxes.
- Thule Force XT roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- Aerodynamic shape and the diamond-textured covering on the lid of the roof box help to mount back drag.
- You will be on the road in a quick time, without any extra tools, because QuickGrip installing system comes pre-installed. This system is mounted on the round and square crossbars, and most factory racks join with a one-handed movement.
- Both-side openings let you access your things from both sides of the box.
- The locking system gives an outer lock-assist knob that’s simple to use; a built-in feature symbolizes the key can only be separated after sealed the box properly.
- A user-friendly locking system includes an oversize key; a lock does locate on both sides of the box, and each lock originates with a couple of keys.
- A bit costly but deserving each cent.
- There is some mileage problem. About 3-5 miles per gallon call fuel consumption rate.
- Installing the Thule Force XT could also be easy, but taking it off maybe a little bit of a pain by a minimum of one person.
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
5. Malone Profile18S Rooftop Cargo Box
The Profile line of rooftop boxes does give an inexpensive and broad profile design. An ideal option when mountain-bound and gone to the hills with many skis and snowboards. These boxes feature a secure, quickly attach mounting system, abrasion and UV repellent ABS structure, a centralized locking system, and a double opening cover. The Malone Profile roof box encounters large brands whose rooftop carriers cost a lot more at a reasonable price. The 18-cubic-foot design provides you with loads of additional areas to carry everything from snow skis to sleeping bags to fishing rods and extra luggage.
It also seems excellent on your car, sporting a smooth design that’s an attention-grabbing extension to your car or truck. In addition to its UV- and scratch-resistant form, this roof box encompasses a centralized locking system for extra peace of mind and may suit crossbars from 25″ to 40″ in size. It can contain 165 lbs. worth of your belongings, and it’s so well-made that the producers have given it a lifetime warranty, which gives all owners the boldness they have to stay in this roof box for several years to return.
- Cargo box installs on your car’s carrier to supply enclosed storage for your equipment.
- It has a carrying capacity of 18 volume units and a load capacity of 165 lbs.
- A Dual-side opening cover allows you to pack and unpack property from either side of your car.
- The built-in lock ensures your property within the box and also the box to crossbars. The Key can only be separated when the box is closed and sealed.
- The aerodynamic shape benefits reduce wind sound and drag.
- Long-lasting plastic construction is UV resistant.
- Outfits up to 205cm long skis and multiple boards
The quality of the threading within the tower itself may be a bit disappointing.
6. YAKIMA RocketBox Pro
Yakima RocketBox Pro Rooftop Cargo Box may be a good cargo box easily positioned on all cars. If you’re searching for a budget-friendly box for your luxurious car, it’s going to be the correct option for you. It’s some standard features, and therefore the built optimized the planning to get more performance. It’s excellent in terms of design and quality.
The simplest thing about the Rocketbox is its easy installation. The cargo roof box is extremely transferable to any or all cars. Especially, small cars can use it without fear of size difficulties. The aerodynamic design decreases the mounting tool for moving and forwarding, and therefore there aren’t any troubles to use it.
Unfortunately, many users are disappointed with how it performed compared to the different boxes. The Rocketbox looks are moderately average. It’s a touch of a bulbous shape that doesn’t look individually streamlined. This box is one of the smallest amounts of expensive contenders within the roof box market. You’ll get what you procure, which is the lower building quality. If you maintain it carefully, the low price for the additional cargo-carrying capability should be worthwhile.
- Comfortable controlling, central locking system; built-in Same Key System lock centers help maintain your properties safely.
- Dual-side opening facilitates access to your gear; the box rises with a push button for most simple use.
- The aerodynamic shape adds to your Yakima car-top rack. That’s why your gears inside the box stay in perfect position.
- The box fits with most of the factory bars, such as Yakima Whispbar racks, square, round bars, and others.
- It is created from up to 80% recovered ABS plastic; eloquent, levered arms help the side-opening cover for simple packing.
- The flat base is the most ingenious design for adjusting both small and wide crossbar spreads.
- No tools are required to install the box.
- You can find the Yakima RocketBox Pro in 11, 12, and 14 cubic feet.
There is nothing to bother about it except its durability. But it can be ignored due to its low price.
- Aerodynamic design to reduce drag with forward mounting hardware for improved hatch clearance making it great for small vehicles
- Perfect for SUVs, trucks and wagons; Quick-dial mounting hardware fits round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars; Hauls gear for up to 3 campers
- Dual-sided opening and push button security allow easy access on either side of your vehicle and ensure your lid is secure and your gear is safe with included SKS lock cores
- Love it 'Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Ideal for wagons and SUVs in need of added storage space, the RocketBox Pro 14 installs easily and works with a variety of factory bars so you always have extra room when you're on the go
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Hyundai Elantra Roof Box:
There are many types of roof cargo boxes on the market to choose from. Keeping in mind the following things will help you find one that is best for your car::
- How easy is the box to attach?
- How can you find your things in it?
- Is the box big enough?
- Is the locking system secure?
- Is the box durable enough?
- Do you have enough storage space in it?
- Is it waterproof?
- What will you do with your roof box when not using it?
- Is the lid designed to open easily?
- Aerodynamics of the box.
When you go to buy a roof box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
If you want the best roof Box for your Hyundai Elantra, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof boxes, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
Every roof box listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof box is perfect for a particular type of use. After deciding, pick the perfect roof cargo box from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-29