Snowboarding is a very famous sport, and if you always enjoy this sport, you will want to have a roof rack on the top of your vehicle to transport your snowboard easily. These roof racks can keep your snowboard safe and secure while you are driving over the mountains, and most of them can carry more than one snowboard at a time.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Snowboard Rack for your car. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Overall – Thule SnowPack Ski/Snowboard Rack
– Editor’s Choice – AA Aluminum Universal Ski/Snowboard Roof Rack
– Best Soft Carrier – Thule Tram 9033 – Ski/Snowboard rack Adapter
Usually, these snowboard racks are quite similar to ski racks, so you can carry various types of winter sports gear with just one perfect roof rack. In order to do that, you only have to recognize what type of car you own and how many snowboards you want to carry with it. Once you know this, the rest is easy.
Here are just a few of the best snowboard racks to examine if you want something that assists you in learning how to transport a snowboard with ease.
Best Snowboard Rack for Car:
1. Thule SnowPack Ski/Snowboard Rack
- Aerodynamic rooftop rack for all types of skis and snowboards
- Fits up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Securely holds thicker skis and snowboards with vertical spring system
- Ultra-soft rubber arms grip without scratching
- Oversized push button to easily open while wearing gloves
The Thule SnowPack carrier comes with soft rubber arms to keep your skis and snowboards in place without damaging the vehicle’s surface. It is the ideal carrier for thicker advanced snowboards, and it even comes with an oversized push-button device so that you can open and close the carrier more easily.
Moreover, you can use the push-button while you are wearing gloves, thanks to its size. The Thule SnowPack carrier comes with a tool-free installation process so that you can fit the rack comfortably on the roof of your car, and the extension feet lift the carrier so that you can even carry skis that have tall bindings.
Determining how to carry a snowboard is much easier once you buy the right type of snowboard carrier, and the Thule SnowPack carrier permits you to keep the snowboard on the top of your vehicle with full safety so that more people can fit inside of the car.
2. Apex 4 Ski and Snowboard Roof Rack
- Transports up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards on the roof of your vehicle
- Soft rubber grips securely hold skis and snowboards without scratching
- Large push button easily opens carrier and each rack locks closed and includes two keys
- Manufactured from heavy-duty plastic and aluminum with a 22" wide carrying space
- Attaches to rectangular crossbars up to 5.5" W x 1" H or round crossbars up 1.5" in diameter. The height of the rack is 2.75 inches
Range Powersports manufacture the Apex SKI-4 snowboard roof rack. |It is able to carry up to four pairs of skis or two snowboards. It is a roof mount snowboard carrier. It is compatible with either rectangular crossbars that measure up to 5.5” x 1” in size or round crossbars that measures up to 1.5” in diameter.
This snowboard carrier is made out of heavy-duty aluminum and plastic, and it comes with a carrying space that is a full 22” wide. Moreover, it also comes with extra-large buttons that can help you open and close the carrier even if you are wearing gloves. It is also simple to lock and comes complete with two sets of keys.
The Apex SKI-4 snowboard roof rack has excellent rubber grips that will keep your skis or snowboards in place without even scratching the roof of your vehicle, and it is compatible with most cars and trucks.
3. Rocky Mounts LiftOp Smalls Ski and Snowboard Rack
- Package length: 11.176 cm
- Package width: 20.066 cm
- Package height: 77.216 cm
- Product Type: OUTDOOR RECREATION PRODUCT
The Rocky Mounts LiftOp Smalls Ski and Snowboard Rack come with the ability to hold up to three thick pairs of skis or two snowboards. This ski and snowboard rack also has large buttons that can help you open and close the carrier and even lock it shut if you want to do that. It comes with two sets of keys for ease and can be fitted over your crossbars for ease of use.
The rack comes with a sleek and aerodynamic design, and it also comes with thick padded cushions in order to protect both your gear and the roof of your car. The LiftOp is made out of braided stainless steel and covered in rubber, the rack comes with a streamlined look, and it has the ability to be the perfect solution when you are looking for some extra space in the car for that next trip to the ski slopes.
Solving out how to transport a snowboard or set of skis just got a little more straightforward with this multi-purpose rack. You can easily find this for around 100 dollars, so you will not have to break the bank just to get something helpful. It is even corrosion-resistant and has a neutral black color that ensures extra sturdiness and longevity.
4. Yakima HitchSki Ski & Board Conversion Mount
- Bike in summer, ski in winter: Convert your mast-style hitch rack into a ski rack and snowboard carrier with ease; Carries up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Easy-to-use: Features 2-position upper arms and adjustable lower arms to accommodate various skis and boards; Fits most 4 and 5-bike mast-style hitch racks; Not compatible with the RidgeBack 5
- Protects your gear: The soft, flexible rubber padding will cradle and protect your skis and boards for many winters to come; Optional ArmLock or DeadLock secures the entire rig to your car
- Anti-theft: Integrated SKS (Same Key System) locks included for added security and stress-free pit stops and apres activities
- Tool-free install: Easy install with basic assembly required; Frees up space in your car and makes the drive to the slopes smoother
The Yakima HitchSki car rack is a perfect snowboard carrier for SUVs and people who own a lot of ski gear. It can hold up to six pairs of skis or four snowboards. And one of the most significant benefits of choosing this car rack is that you can use it to carry bikes in the warmer months and snowboards during the winter months.
It also comes with anti-theft locks that mean that you can go wherever you want without the worry of losing your gear, and it can be installed quickly and easily without using any tools. This is a user-friendly car rack with adjustable lower arms and two-position upper arms to fit skis and snowboards of numerous different sizes.
With this product, you can easily learn how to carry a snowboard or skis, and now that you know about this product. It also has stretchy rubber padding that indicates that you do not have to worry about the parts of this rack damaging up your car, and you won’t hear any whistling or turbulent winds from the rack while you will drive onward to your next stop.
5. AA Aluminum Universal Ski/Snowboard Roof Rack
- Ski Car Rack hold up to 6 Pair Skis or 4 Snowboards, is also ideal for carrying fishing rods, paddles, ski poles and water skis
- Holds skis and snowboards securely with Ultra-Soft rubber arms that grip without scratching the surfaces
- Universal mounting system fits most vehicles equipped with roof rails and cross bars, rooftop carrier designed to carry most types of skis and snowboards
- Aluminum construction is durable and supremely corrosion resistant
- One-button access allows gloves-on operation, Includes Key & Lock for theif protection, One year warranty
This unite of roof rack is able to carry six pairs of skis or four snowboards, paddles, water skis, fishing rods, and many other sporting items at a time. If you already have a set of roof rails installed on top of your car, this universal roof rack will fit perfectly.
The AA Products Universal Ski/Snowboard Roof Rack is made out of very strong aluminum, and it is corrosion resistant as well, which makes it an ideal product for all four seasons. AA Products manufacture this product. This ski/snowboard roof rack comes with a one-button opening and closing, and it even has a lock and key for extra security.
Your skis or snowboards will easily fit securely and safely on this roof rack, and it is even compatible with skis and snowboards of many different sizes and brands. This is a high-quality product that will obviously last for a long time. Even in stormy weather, it is trustworthy and will work the way that it is supposed to work.
6. Thule Tram 9033 – Ski/Snowboard Rack Adapter
- Holds skis and snowboards securely with ultra-soft rubber arms that grip without scratching the surfaces
- Requires Thule hanging hitch bike rack for use (not compatible with Thule Helium or Thule Helium Aero).
- Maximize carrying capacity by transporting skis and snowboards upright
- Holds up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards on 2" class two receiver racks. Holds up to 4 pairs of skis or 2 snowboards on 1 1/4" receivers and Thule Spare Tire carrier
- 2 One-key locks included to lock the skis and snowboards to the rack
If you are already using a roof rack to carry your bicycle and want to install another roof rack on your vehicle’s roof to carry your skis, then the Thule Tram ski and snowboard carrier adapter will be a better option for you.
It comes with built-in straps and cradles to mount it on your bike rack, and there is an included cushioned hinged arms that come with one-key locks. If you’re searching for a suitable ski rack for your SUV, but there is already a bike rack installed on the roof of your car, then you can take this.
The Thule Tram Ski and Snowboard Carrier Adapter can bear up to six pairs of skis and four snowboards at a time. It stores the skis and snowboards in an upright position so that you can get a good amount of storage. Moreover, it features an extra-large push-button system, which makes the carrier more comfortable to open and close. The steel-made design of this carrier is very durable and attractive. Also, the build quality is excellent, so that this rack adapter will last for a long time.
This ski adapter comes with a limited lifetime warranty. And it can hold 165 pounds so, with this massive amount of weight capacity, this rack will be handy for your SUV.
Conclusion – How to Transport Snowboard on Car?
Studying how to carry a snowboard habitually drives you to some type of roof rack that is intended to hold a variety of goods. When you have done your research online, you can determine what you need to look for to get the right set to satisfy your needs because the products are available in all price ranges. So you will easily be able to find a snowboard rack that will work great with your particular budget.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2023-06-10