When it is a matter of roof boxes, the name “Thule” always comes on top. Am I right or wrong?! Definitely right! Thule roof boxes are the perfect solution and great assistance for your traveling task. Since its inception, it has been ruling over the roof box market worldwide. Nevertheless, sometimes people struggle with how to install a Thule roof box in the car.
If you’re a vivid traveler, outdoor sports enthusiast, or a passionate family member who needs additional luggage, the Thule roof box might be a perfect solution for you. Besides, it is safe, quick, and superb in each way. This article will discuss how to install a Thule roof box in the car. Let’s go down to find out –
How to Fit a Thule Roof Cargo Box – Instructions and Guidelines
Almost all car experts recommend not traveling with an empty roof box on the head of the car. It will make scratches on the rooftop of the vehicle as well as make a negative impact on the fuel efficiency. The result? Your car’s durability gets affected and the fuel consumption increases badly. As a result, your cost of fuel will also widen significantly.
With that said, purchasing a roof cargo box that is quite effortless to attach and remove is highly recommended. Since Thule is an expensive and high-end product, you should focus on buying the box that you can fix and remove without hassle.
Additionally, a roof rack is a much-needed tool if you want to install a Thule roof cargo box in your vehicle.
Yes, some vehicles automatically contain built-in roof racks. However, many cars don’t possess a roof rack at all. In such a case, you’ll need to purchase a roof rack by yourself from the market. Henceforth, those roof racks are primarily compatible with Thule since this is the leader in the roof box market.
Things You Should Notice Before Purchasing a Roof Rack
Before purchasing a roof rack for your beloved Thule roof box, you have to check out some essential things such as –
- Before buying or installing the rack, ensure whether it is adjusted with the roof box or not. However, Thule is the leading brand in the roof box arena. Therefore, almost all the top roof rack companies manufacture a product that can accommodate Thule.
- Before installing the rack, closely check whether the locks are working or not. It’s imperative.
- Check whether the roof rack is strong enough to hold the roof box for an extended period.
Installing a Thule Roof Box in the Car
We guess you’ve purchased a sophisticated and correct roof rack for the Thule roof box. It’s time to install the box in the vehicle. Our guidelines will make it easy for you to install the Thule roof box in the car. Therefore, let’s keep reading the instructions before installing the roof box. Here we go –
Your roof box possesses two canals on the bottom side. You can easily use these canals to take the box onto the rack. Perhaps, you could take somebody’s help to do it. The main point is you’ve to do the task thoroughly so the box won’t face any problems.
Place the box in a way that it keeps enough distance from roof antennas. On the other side, it will stay adequate space from the rear so that you can still open the partition without a problem.
When you put the correct roof rack in the vehicle, it’s time the roof box must sit forward with each crater side-by-side.
The Thule roof box manufacturing company usually provides four roof bar securing sections. They will surely fit into the box without a problem. Further, In order to slot the brackets into the right place, lift the roof box cover and find the slots.
There should be four slots installed in the four corners of the Thule box. Now, you’ve to steadily shove the bracket through the slots and grip each one anti-clockwise until you hear a signature click. It means that you’ve made it! You are successful in placing the Thule box in the correct position.
In addition, the bracket mustn’t catch the roof of the vehicle.
Now, you’re ready to load the Thule cargo box. Before putting the belongings in the cargo, you must check its overall roof load capacity. Henceforth, you can check this on the user’s manual or the car’s manufacturer’s website. Don’t put too many things on the roof box. Yes, Thule is a highly advanced product.
However, you should be cautious before making it jammed with too many belongings.
If you completely load the Thule roof box, you can now close the cover of the box. But, be careful that nothing can prevent the cover from closing entirely. Afterward, close the lid with the lock mechanism.
How to Remove the Thule Roof Box?
Removing the Thule roof box isn’t that difficult job indeed. All you need to do is follow some simple tricks. Firstly, unfasten the knobs inside the box until the clasp fully opens. Furthermore, those who possess U-shaped bolts and plates must unfasten the knobs and remove the bolts.
After that, you will be able to remove the Thule roof box from the rack. You can do the whole task in the case of a small-sized Thule box. But, it will be safe if you hire any professional regarding a larger box.
How to Install a Thule Roof Box? – FAQs
Can I open my Thule roof box without a key?
No, it’s not possible. You can’t unlock a Thule roof box without a key. All the Thule roof box generally comes with two or three keys. So, you should keep one key in your ring while keeping the other keys in a safe place.
How can I repair my Thule roof box?
Thule roof box is a highly advanced product. It doesn’t damage easily. Nevertheless, you can repair it at home with liquid rubber, epoxy, etc., in case of minor damage. On the other hand, if the product has been damaged hugely, take it to a plastic repair center. You can get Thule’s replacement parts quite conveniently available on the market.
What are Thule roof boxes made of?
Thule roof boxes are made of high-quality ABS material. These are high-end elements that shaped the box much sturdier.
Is it necessary to get a roof rack for Thule boxes?
Of course, it is. Without a roof rack, it’s not possible to fit a Thule roof box. Besides, the box will be more secured with a roof rack. So, a roof rack is necessary for sure.
Final Say – It’s time to use the Thule!
Thule boxes are made of high durability, are long-lasting, and are convenient to use. Moreover, there’s basically zero complication in installing a Thule roof box in the car. But, you’ve to check out the overall capacity of the box before purchasing. On the other hand, don’t forget about using it effortlessly.
So, what’s your opinion regarding our article? Do you think it fills your knowledge? If yes, then please let us know about your experience. By the way, thanks for reading the article! Stay blessed and happy installing!
Best Seller List of Thule Roof Cargo Boxes:
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
- Full trunk access with no roof box contact
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards (up to 195 cm)
- External dimensions: 82.75 x 33.75 x 17.25 inches
- Internal Dimensions: 77.5 x 29.5 x 15.25 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product Weight: 47 lbs
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 14 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
- Thule Comfort Key can only be removed when all locking points are securely closed
- Fits 3-5 snowboards (max length: 155 cm)
- External dimensions: 67 x 35 x 16 inches; Internal dimensions: 61 x 33 x 14 inches
- Load capacity: 110 lbs; Product weight: 34 lbs
- Height off crossbar: 16 inches. Fast and secure mounting
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
- Fits SportRack Rack Systems, square bars, round bars and most factory racks (check fit guide)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 63 x 38 x 19 in / 160 x 96.5 x 48 cm
- Min-Max Crossbars Spacing: 23 5/8 - 29 3/4 in (60 - 75.5 cm)
- Max Weight Capacity: 100 pounds (45 kg)
- ▶️ This roof top storage box is universal fit for mounting to max 13 inches wide cross bar, please check the dimension before purchase.
- ▶️ The package comes with  53 inches length storage box,  security lock key, and  heavy duty tool free installation mounting brackets.
- ▶️ It is constructed of rugged, impact-resistant ABS material to ensure a long lasting life in outdoor conditions. More, it can open from the side and stay open till you close it with the strong support arm.
- ▶️ Opens on the passenger side to 14 inches wide to store bulky items from the side and stays open till you close it, and it is very easy to install without any tool required to assembly.
- ▶️ Overall Dimensions: 53" L x 34" W x 15" H | Capacity: 11 Cubic Feet and up to 110 LBS
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
- Full trunk access and no roof box contact
- Lid automatically locks in place and indicates a secure closure (One Key System compatible)
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards
- External dimensions: 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches; Internal dimensions: 84.5 x 33 x 16 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product Weight: 55 lbs
- DUAL-SIDE OPENING FOR EASY ACCESS: Dual-side opening design allows you to open it from either the driver side or the passenger side, which brings more convenience for loading and unloading. (NOTE: There is protective film on the lid. Please peel off the film before use.)
- FAIR CAPACITY: With 13.4 cubic feet maximum storage capacity and 150lbs loading capacity, the roof cargo carrier can allow for more space in your car. What’s more, its streamlined design will reduce drag and noise during driving.
- LOCKING SYSTEM FOR SAFETY: It is designed with locks on both sides and comes with keys for protecting your valuables. And the stiffeners at the bottom of the roof cargo box strengthen its stability.
- EASY TO INSTALL: It is simple in structure and light in weight (approximately 24.25lbs). It won’t be difficult for you to lift it and install it to your car. And it can work with most vehicles with crossbars, such as car, suv, van, etc. Applicable Cross Bar: Max. Width 2.36”. Max. distance between bottom holes for installation: 40.94”. Min. distance between bottom holes for installation: 15.35”.
- QUALITY MATERIAL FOR DURABILITY & BETTER PROTECTION: Made from ABS material for long-lasting use. And it can protect your luggage or equipment from being exposed to sun, rain or dust. And it is protected with 3-Year Warranty.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Weatherproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
- Holds 3 golf bags
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
- Internal Dimensions: 48 x 23 x 13.5 in
- Load Capacity: 75 pounds
- Volume: 8 cu ft. of storage space
- Product weight: 16 pounds
- LARGE STORAGE CAPACITY: The Car Rooftop Cargo box offers more than 10 cubic feet of storage capacity, making it a perfect choice for carrying bulky items like luggage, camping gear, & sports equipment. Car topper luggage carrier helps to free up valuable space inside your vehicle for passengers & other essentials. Whether you're going on a leisure trip or a work-related one, DuraLiner rooftop cargo box has enough room to hold all your necessary items.
- ROBUST & COMPACT DESIGN: The Cargo rooftop box is crafted to fit most roof racks with ease and is simple to install and remove. The hardshell rooftop cargo carrier is made from durable materials, enabling it to withstand harsh weather conditions & rugged terrains. Duraliner roof carrier is watertight & lockable, ensuring your belongings stay protected from water damage.
- STURDY MATERIAL: Heavy-duty plastic resists UV damage and maintains a rich finish to protect your belongings from weather. The Cargo Box has a sturdy and long-lasting construction made possible by High-density polyethylene (HDPE), which can withstand harsh environmental conditions.
- EASY INSTALLATION: DuraLiner Cargo Boxes are simple and easy to install. The tool-free assembly and U-bolt securing feature make it a quick process, allowing you to hit the road in minutes. These cargo boxes can be mounted with ease onto most vehicles with Roof rack cargo boxes. Vehicle Cargo Carriers design features a sealed lip, rear entry, and a four-corner latching system to ensure the safety and dryness of your belongings. It is durable & recyclable.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST VEHICLES: Car roof cargo carrier is compatible with numerous car makes and models, including Chevrolet, Ford, Isuzu, Jeep, Mazda, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Sprinter, Toyota, and more. Its universal mounting system is adaptable to various roof rack systems, making it a convenient option for customers with different car brands. The Rooftop cargo is specifically designed to fit and function with the roof racks or crossbars of these particular car models.
Last Update : 2024-02-29