The Honda Civic is an excellent car with a unique look. If you are going on a trip with your family or friend with your Honda Civic you will surely need a roof cargo box to make sure that you have enough space to carry all of your camping equipment and clothing, etc.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best roof cargo boxes for your car. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Overall – Thule Motion XT XL
– Best Aerodynamic Design – Yakima RocketBox Pro
– Value for Money – SportRack Vista XL
The storage space accessory will help you more than double your cargo space. It is also great for keeping things that can not fit in the trunk, such as; skis, and snowboards. So we are here with a list of the best roof cargo carrier for your Honda Civic. You will see the 6 best roof cargo carriers on this list. And every one of them will work great with your Honda Civic, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Honda Civic Roof cargo carriers. And every one of them will work great with your Honda Civic, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Roof Box Advantage & Disadvantage
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Honda Civic Cargo Carriers:
1. Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT is a perfect example of a sleek, aerodynamic, modern roof box. According to its size and storage capacity, it is perfect. For this fantastic combination, the Thule Motion XT is one of today’s best roof boxes.
You can get this roof box unit in both 16-foot and 22-foot. And its interior dimensions are 79 x 31.5 x 15. The 22-foot long variant is the more extended variant for roof boxes; it will be easy to fit safely on large vehicle roofs.
As we mentioned before, this box can give you access to both sides. So it will be easy to load or unload anything in it without any trouble. Also, you can use it in unfavourable weather conditions easily. It can easily stay in place when the weather is wet or snowy because it has a superior grip system.
It is so handy and easy to use. And it is available with an easy mounting system. With its mounting system, you will be able to install this roof box within five minutes. Also, it’s sturdy and functional with a locking system. If you accidentally leave your roof box unlocked, that locking system can keep your roof box secured. It has a smooth and aesthetic design.
The Thule Motion XT can bear 165 lbs. without any problem. In terms of safety, It is compatible with the One Key System, making it much easier to lock your roof box and keep your stuff safe. If you want to go on trips frequently with your roof box, then this one could be an excellent choice for you.
Some of the other attractive advantages featured by Thule Motion XT are:
- A glossy white and black finish
- A lightweight fiberglass body
- Robust construction helps to keep your stuff safe.
- Enough storage space for an average of five to seven skis or three to five snowboards
The Thule Motion XT will cost you nearly $800. But remember that; you will get what you are paying for, one of the best quality roof boxes. Moreover, you will carry skis or anything this kind of long stuff with this roof box.
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. SportRack Vista XL Cargo Box
The last but not the least option in this list is from SportRack. The SportRack Vista XL is a heavy-duty rooftop cargo box. It is compatible with SportRack roof rack systems, including square, round, and most factory racks. But we recommend you check the manual and make sure that it is compatible with your car’s roof rack. The vista XL can give you access from the rare. And it comes with 18 cubic feet of storage space. It is made out of durable and UV-resistant ABS, and it can easily carry 100 lbs weight.
It is very easy to install, and it comes with all the mounting hardware necessary for installation and removal. Moreover, no tools are required to install this roof box on top of your car. It also has an included key lock to secure stuff inside the box. After the trip, you can easily clean it off with mild soap and water and store it, and it is ready for your next trip.
- ABS construction,
- rear opening lid,
- built-in lock,
- easy to install and remove,
- 18 cubic feet of storage
- Some buyers say the hinges feel weak,
- box doesn’t open very wide
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
3. Yakima RocketBox Pro Cargo Box:
This roof box is designed for smaller vehicles. But if you want, then you will be able to use it for larger vehicles also. You will be able to use Yakima RocketBox Pro with or without any roof racks.
The Yakima RocketBox Pro is available with its mounting kit. So, if you want, you will install it with the crossbar and mounting equipment provided by the box, or you can use your roof rack. Moreover, you don’t have to use any tool to fit this box on your vehicle’s roof. So, installing and removing processes are so easy for it.
The Yakima RocketBox Pro is available with dual-side access and opens with two sets of keys. Also, It’s available with SKS locks and a push-button lock system to secure this roof box. If you want to open it, you have to push the button, and if you’re going to shut it, you have to press the roof of the roof box.
It’s available with a matte black finish. It can resist air, so this will help you to get less drag and more gas mileage. You can buy this roof box for around $350. This roof box is excellent for those people who are looking for a perfect and specious roof box at a reasonable price. This rooftop cargo box can carry anything as long as seven feet.
- Aerodynamic design to reduce drag with forward mounting hardware for improved hatch clearance making it great for small vehicles
- Perfect for smaller cars, hatchbacks and SUVs; Hauls gear for up to 2 campers
- Quick-dial mounting hardware fits Yakima round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars
- Love it 'Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty
4. Thule Pulse Roof Box
If you want to go on snowboarding and want to carry your snowboards and skis or go on trips with your family, Thule Pulse is a great roof box for you. So you don’t have to pay some extra money to rent anything.
It can easily accommodate three to five snowboards without any problem. This box is secured with the central locking system, and you can only remove the key when the box is closed and locked correctly.
It is made from textured ABS material, and this box can protect your stuff when you are on the road. So, you don’t have to worry about your item’s security.
The lid of this roof box opens on the passenger side so you can get access to this roof box without being in danger of standing closed to traffic.
- Rugged and durable design is long-lasting and keeps contents protected during transit.
- Fast and secure fitting using only one hand due to FastGrip quick-mount system that assembles in moments.
- Passenger-side opening for easier loading and unloading.
- The central locking system provides maximum safety. The grip-friendly Thule Comfort key can only be removed if all locking points are securely closed.
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
5. Yakima Skybox 21 Carbonite Cargo Box:
This magnificent large 21 cubic feet roof box weighs 75 lbs. It can carry only 28 kg because of its size. At the 21 cubic feet volume range, the other Yakima roof boxes can carry more weight.
The Yakima Skybox 21 Carbonite can also give you access from the dual side, and it is available with a super latch, which makes the opening and closing easier. The tapered exterior of this roof box is stunning. And it can reduce drag. You can install it without any tools.
To install it, You have to follow the following steps only:
- Open the lid
- Release the clamps
- Loosen the thumbwheels
- Position the roof box on your roof rack crossbars
- Slide it back so that the clamps engage the load bars
- Tighten the thumbwheels
- Then engage your lever clamps.
That’s it! After completing these steps now, your Yakima Skybox Carbonite is correctly installed on the roof of your vehicle, and it will not slide down from your roof bars. If it does slip, open the lid of your roof box and tighten the levers to secure it.
The price of this roof box is as like as the Thule. Now you can ask us why you should buy the Skybox? Then the answer is – It is available with lid stiffeners, which makes it much durable than the Thule. Moreover, the installation process for this roof box is more comfortable than the Thule cargo box also. It only takes minutes.
Some important feature of Yakima Skybox 21 Carbonite:
- Tool-free installation
- 21 cubic feet
- Load capacity 28 kg
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
6. Thule Force XT Roof Box:
This roof box is also from Thule. The Thule Force XT roof box is available with a great amount of internal storage space. It is 21 cubic feet, so it is excellent for those who will buy a roof box to take longer trips. You will be able to carry skis or anything this kind of long stuff.
If you want to buy a giant roof box, then you have to accept more weight. This roof box also weighs 165 lbs.
The Thule Force Roof Box has a torque indicator connected with the Power Click system; that’s why the roof box’s installation process is straightforward. All you have to do is just gradually press it into place, that’s it. Like the Thule Motion XL, it can give you access from each side also.
You’ll want to have a crossbar height of around 15.6 inches to mount your roof box. But this crossbar can make the installation process difficult for the Thule Force roof box. Because we already mentioned that the size and aerodynamic-ness of this roof-box are perfect for those people who are looking for enough space to keep lots of materials in it without shifting to bigger and heavier clamshell boxes.
This Thule Force roof box is more affordable than the Thule Motion XL. You can get it at around $600. If you want a high-quality roof box within a reasonable price, then the Thule Force XT rooftop roof box is perfect for you.
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Roof Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Honda Civic, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box
- How you can access your contents
- The size of the box
- How secure the box is
- The durability of the box
- Security of the locking system
- Amount of storage space
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it
- If it’s waterproof
- Aerodynamics of the box
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily
If you want the best Roof Cargo Carrier for your Honda Civic, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof carriers, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
After deciding, pick the perfect roof cargo carrier from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2023-01-22