The GMC Yukon is a large vehicle with an enormous trunk, but the 25.5 cubic feet of capacity in the back of the third-row seats isn’t adequate for vacations or camping. Getting a roof box will guarantee that nothing is forgotten and inside the car, there will be more room for effective ventilation and comfort. We’ve compared a number of different goods to help you determine which GMC Yukon roof boxes are the greatest.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best GMC Yukon Roof Cargo Boxes. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Overall – Thule Force XT Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
– Value for Money – JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier
If you’re going with a group of friends and family, you’ll want to eliminate as much equipment as possible from your vehicle’s back and top. Even if you’re traveling alone, you won’t be able to fit all of your goods in your trunk. So there is a need for a better way to keep everything lawfully. Fortunately, there is a solution: roof boxes.
Roof box sizes vary. The number of cubic feet is used to determine the size of roof cargo containers. The smallest roof box size is 8 cubic feet, and they may be as big as 22 or more cubic feet. You may select the size of your wish. The size that is right for you is determined in large part by the quantity and volume of items you want to bring with your roof cargo box.
Advantages & Disadvantages of GMC Yukon Roof Storage
The most essential criterion of a roof cargo box is that it gives considerably more storage area than a standard trunk, allowing you to transport a lot of items. Furthermore, the majority of roof cargo boxes are adaptable to a wide range of vehicle models. Some are simple to put up and constructed of long-lasting materials. Roof cargo boxes with waterproof capabilities.
A roof cargo box comes with a disadvantage: it lowers gas mileage and, in the case of electric cars, reduces range. They also lack room for taller items. But, in comparison to the advantages offered by a roof cargo box, these disadvantages are minor.
Best GMC Yukon Roof Top Cargo Carrier:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available during a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is that the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit a large range of vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
JEGS 90098 Cargo Box helps create your journey more pleasurable and relaxed since you need to decrease your essentials because of the shortage of suitable space in your GMC Yukon. Beautiful design, size aerodynamics, weight, easy use, and sturdiness are essential features of the simplest cargo box. Also, the JEGS Performance Products 90098 rooftop cargo carrier will meet all of those features. Overall performance is average. JEGS 90098 rooftop cargo bag is extremely lightweight for its dimension and feels somewhat flimsy, and plastic is smooth and flexible. It does seem to be strong enough a minimum of when greenhorn and works just fine; however, the durability of it may be problematic. On your primary few trips, it’s unlikely you may encounter any problems. However, if you intend to use this cargo bag regularly for several years, it’d allow you to down at some point.
Overall, JEGS 90098 could be a standard rooftop cargo carrier. It’s not a top-rated hard-shell carrier, but that’s not something you’d expect anyhow. It is budget-priced. It’ll be sufficient for several, but if you’re searching for a high-quality product, you may need to have a look at costlier models.
- This Box can take up to 110 lbs. of materials for tour lovers.
- It’s only 28 lbs.; when the cargo box is empty. You’ll raise it singly, but it’s better to invoke help after you are lifting it to the highest of your GMC Yukon.
- The JEGS cargo box allows a 4-corner locking system that has enhanced protection to your properties.
- It is a dual-side opening cargo box that permits packing or unloading things from either side.
- The installation process doesn’t need any help from tools but only your bare hands.
- The locking system is flimsy and simple to control to an open position.
- It is high. If your car is big and tall, you have got to use a ladder to succeed in and obtain the cargo carrier.
- The quality of U-bolts is not so reliable.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. YAKIMA SkyBox
Yakima has been a pacesetter within the cargo roof box game a few times, and their essence and arguably most versatile product is that the SkyBox Carbonite. There’s a large range of cargo box designs and appearances on the market, but the Yakima SkyBox Carbonite goes the sweet spot geared capacity for all-season use.
In addition, its flexible size fits most vehicles. This model has contained massive camping gear for a family of 4, including a large tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and a stove, and you can also add a kid’s Strider bike. It needed some tricky packing, but it stores a great amount, especially soft-sided and compressible objects. And for winter-time use, the box easily consumes snowboards and skis. Yakima lists the most length at 185 centimeters, but it absolutely was just long enough for pairs of 182-centimeter all-mountain skis with that you can also take a snowboard.
The Skybox Pro increases the carrying ability of your vehicle by over 18 cubic feet. Using this cargo box, you’ll now easily transport four snowboards or perhaps up to eight pairs of skis.
- Design hits the suitable spot for all-season use: it is a flexible size that matches most vehicles while maintaining sufficient capacity for skis and ponderous camping gear.
- Both side opening conveniently enables the box to be opened from either the right or left side. You can access it from both the driver and traveler sides.
- SuperLatch security guarantees your lid is safe to its base and your property is safe. It applies SKS lock cores so that you can use one set of keys for various Yakima products.
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits aerodynamic crossbars, square, factory, and Yakima round.
- The rear of the cargo box is reduced for enhanced hatch allowance.
- Its stiff latches will be challenging to open.
- Aerodynamic shape and comparatively slight 15-inch peak height limit what you’ll bring to fairly low-profile items.
- The top-end surface of the box isn’t smooth, just like the other roof boxes.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits YAKIMA round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
4. Sportrack Vista XL Cargo Box
The SportRack SR7018 Vista XL is a superb cargo box for driving without breeze noise. It’s sturdy and comes in an aerodynamic form allowing the wind to glide in a smooth manner. It’s pretty simple to install on any crossbars. It’s a good option for packing your items when traveling distant and needs sufficient space in your GMC Yukon. It’s waterproof and might be protected, keeping all materials safe and secure. The rear opening enables quick entrance far away from the traffic, while the quick-release mounting system provides quicker evacuation.
The SportRack can install right out of the box, saving us many time and energy. This box works by a U-bolt mounting system similar and is incredibly easy to gather all equipment and install. Though requiring the strong, ergonomic grip of the top-rated products, the Vista XL is surprisingly smooth to open and shut. The lid overlaps the underside of the box enough to create a reasonably efficient grip, and you may never have difficulty latching it perfectly. Normally you’ll get what you purchase in this cargo box. While much less visualization than the top-rated boxes, we predict an irregular user would attain value during this box at a fraction of the value of costly boxes.
- SportRack Vista cargo box could be a large cupboard space for your car, and also, the loading capacity is 100 lbs.
- You can instantly construct it on top of your car within minutes without any difficulty because the roof box fits most factory crossbars.
- This box could be a compound of high-quality ABS materials, and it’s durable, waterproof, UV-resistant, and sturdy.
- When required with a rare and unique rear-opening feature, straightforward access enables you to open the roof box from its rear.
- The locks appear not the most effective quality; they provide a reliable and safe lock.
- It can create whistling at high speeds, but its noise levels are quiet compared to other cargo boxes within the market.
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
5. Thule Force XT Cargo Box
Suppose you would like more extra load space for your traveling equipment, snowboards, skiing equipment, or other baggage. In that case, it’s deserving considering buying a rooftop box. One of the most effective cargo boxes available in the shops is the Thule Force XT Cargo Box. It comes in a very smart black design that adds a beautiful look to your vehicle.
This model is a superb choice if you’re trying to find the most effective rooftop cargo carrier. It’s available in various number of sizes. It’s available in 13 cubic feet capacities, 11 cubic feet, likewise as 17 cubic feet. This can allow users with different luggage bearing capacities must select the model that most closely fits them. Thule Force XT Cargo Box is one of the most reliable products in most online shops that sell cargo boxes.
- Thule Force XT roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- Aerodynamic shape and the diamond-textured covering on the lid of the roof box help to mount back drag.
- You will be on the road in a quick time, without any extra tools, because QuickGrip installing system comes pre-installed. This system is mounted on the round and square crossbars, and most factory racks join with a one-handed movement.
- Both-side openings let you access your things from both sides of the box.
- The locking system gives an outer lock-assist knob that’s simple to use; a built-in feature symbolizes the key can only be separated after sealed the box properly.
- A user-friendly locking system includes an oversize key; a lock does locate on both sides of the box, and each lock originates with a couple of keys.
- A bit costly but deserving each cent.
- There is some mileage problem. About 3-5 miles per gallon call fuel consumption rate.
- Installing the Thule Force XT could also be easy, but taking it off maybe a little bit of a pain by a minimum of one person.
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
6. MENABO Roof Box
Menabo is a well-known manufacturer for their roof boxes that concentrates on sufficing customers’ needs, experience, appearance, and security. Its products are popular within the world and are ideal in quality and specialties. Menabos boxes are a mixture of perfectness, safety, and creativeness.
Within the growth of half a century, it has improved its roof boxes to the highest on the market internationally. Additionally, it’s been following innovation, protection, and feature with intensity for five decades. You have seven options of Menabo diamond cargo boxes in the store. From 450 L to 580 L, you’ll be able to pick one that matches your requirements. Moreover, there’s just one black color option for the roof box, and the general fitting black color is your only choice. We’ll discuss MENABO Diamond 450 L variant in this article and find out about its best features.
Menabo Diamond cargo boxes are built with strong, long-lasting, and water-resistant plastic so that they are light in load. You’ll be able to construct the roof box independently, but it is recommended to call your friend or family to assist you with the mounting process because the size of this roof box is big. The easy-to-mount hardware is simple to control, so you’ll be able to install the cargo in confined moments. A double opening feature lets you open the roof box from each side to form many benefits for packing or unpacking goods in or out of it.
- Its max capacity of taking load is 165 lbs.
- Tight grip, quick-mount system feature that makes it simple to assemble.
- Provided with a lockable and secured dual snap closure that provides the best security
- Easy loading and unloading make it ideal for traveling and hassle-free storage.
- You can open the box from both sides.
- One of the best cargo boxes available because of its safety and quality of elements. It Fits with all roof carriers.
- Its aerodynamic shape doesn’t conflict with driving, helps airflow over smoothly, and creates less noise.
Except for its packaging and security systems, nothing bad sides will be found based on its price range.
- One of the top cargo boxes available due to its safety and quality of materials. Compatible with all roof carriers.
- Mounts safely and quickly to roof bar slots with standard 20 mm T-System screws or an universal fitting system is available.
- Max load of 165 lbs or 75 kg
- Duo means the box can open from both sides
- Capacity of 500 liters/132 gallons/17.6 cubic feet
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing GMC Yukon Roof Cargo Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your GMC Yukon, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your content.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it?
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
With a slew of new brands and more varied models entering the market every day, the roof box industry is getting increasingly competitive. We’ve managed to cut down our list of the finest roof boxes for your GMC Yukon to just six top choices. You may now make an informed decision based on what you need and can afford.
When it comes to choosing the perfect roof box, you’ll discover a plethora of alternatives. However, you must select a roof box that is tailored to your specific needs. You want to be free whenever you go on any journey. You also know that space is all about choice, so making a good decision when it comes to purchasing your roof box is critical. You’ll be able to enjoy your journey perfectly once you’ve picked the perfect roof box.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2023-01-31