Roof racks might be challenging to come by. Choosing from a wide range of alternatives might be overwhelming. You shouldn’t just go out and purchase a Ford F150 roof rack. When shopping for the finest Ford F150 roof rack, there are a few things to consider.
It’s essential to think about weight, style, and color. Another consideration is compatibility. If you’ve never used a roof rack before, knowing which one is the best for your vehicle might be challenging. Read on to learn everything you need to know about Ford 150 roof racks if you find yourself in this situation.
Best Ford F150 Roof Racks
- Roof Rack Fits 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 Ford Raptor & F150 Super Crew models. Moderate bolt-on installation needs some drilling.
- Heavy duty, high tensile 16-Gauge(1/16 Inch) steel construction. Textured black powder coat finish & Premium E-coating process for 5-year corrosion protection under normal use.
- Provides extra exterior cargo space. Perfect for hauling extra cargo bags, camping equipment, luggage, and more. Horizontal cross-bars with proper holes offer much accessory mounting. Carrying capacity(evenly distributed) of up to 330 pounds.
- Aerodynamic style with low profile front-end design complements truck exterior. Includes 4×18W LED single-row floodlights for camping.
- Measures: About 61.1-Inch long, 54.2-Inch Width and 6.3-Inch high. Product weight: about 52 lbs.
- COMPATIBLE MODEL: Fits Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab 2015-2022. Please check your vehicle's Year, Make and Model before purchasing.
- PREMIUM ALUMINUM MATERIAL: Made from high quality, strong, lightweight, aerodynamic and anodized aluminum. Anti-Theft Lock, Aerodynamic ,Removable, Waterproof, Water-Resistant. Easy to install and dismantle.
- CAPACITY MAX LOAD: Weight can reach to 110 lbs . The crossbar will provide you with enough things to do on your trip.
- DESIGN: Aero-dynamic design makes it effective in reducing the wind noise when driving after install on your vehicle. And main purpose is your %100 satisfaction.
- ADVANTAGES: OMAC USA is located in the US, and we will be shipping your orders from here in the US. You will get exactly the same products on the pictures. We ship the SAME DAY, Just order before 2 PM.
- ▶NOTE: ONLY Suitable for 4 or 5 Door Cars (not suitable for 3 door cars, vans or large 4x4s truck) Suitable for car: Rain trough distance:110-114cm. Window distance:124-134cm. Please check if your car is proper size before ordering. Designed for Cars that Do Not Have Raised Roof Rails Already Fitted
- ▶Black Power-coated surface, water-proof and anti-corrosion. Streamline water drop design, effectively reduce wind resistance & noise
- ▶Easy to install and remove in minutes,no drilling/cutting required. Just slide and lock at preset positions on stock side bars
- ▶Works with roof accessories like cargo basket carrier, snowboard/bike rack, luggage box, kayak mount etc.
- ▶Lockable Anti-Theft Design - 2 Locks Per Bar (includes keys).
- STRONG ADAPTABILITY: Ladder Roof Rack fit for Ford Transit Cargo Van 2015-On.
- LARGE STORAGE CAPACITY: Van ladder rack can hold up 750 lbs (evenly distributed).
- STURDY MATERIAL: Van Roof Rack is made of heavy duty steel with white powder coated.
- SPECIAL DESIGN: Ladder guide & stopper helps to secure longer material and ladders.The base of van rack for roof is welded complete onto upright post as complete seal.Rubber cap on the upright post prevents wind noise and prevent water from entering system.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Van ladder roof rack is easily fixed on the roof of the car via factory mounting points.Ladder rack clamps onto factory drip rails.
- Fitment: Universal Fit For Most 4-Door Models Vehicles ( Cars, SUVs, Trucks, etc ) with Naked Roof (**IMPORTANT NOTE: Will not fit vehicles with any types of actual side rails, like integrated side rails, raised side rails)
- Design: Window-Frame-Type Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars With Mounts & Locks ( Comes With 3 Different Sizes Of Mounts To Fit For Your Car Models )
- Rail: 48" In Length. Adjustable Distance: 52" Maximum In Length
- Color: Black
- High Quality Removable Roof Rack Cross Bars made of light-weight Aluminum. Durable Tube Construction with Hold Up To a 150lb Capacity. They Attach To Side Window Frames To Transport Luggage, Ladders, or any other cargo
- FITMENT:Roof rack crossbars fit for 1992-2007 for Ford Explorer,2004-2009 for Ford Explorer Sport Trac,2007-2015 for Ford for F-150,2004-2009 for Ford for F-250,2006-2015 for Ford for F-250 Super Duty,2006-2015 for Ford for F-350,2007-2016 for Ford for F-350 Super Duty,2001-2015 for Ford for F-450 Super Duty,2000-2010 for Ford Focus,2004 for Ford Freestar,2006-2011 for Ford Fusion,2006-2010 for Ford Ranger,1990-2003 for Ford Taurus
- FUNCTIONS:Great solution if you have oversized items that you need to transport like: kayaks, canoes, luggage, snowboards, skis, bikes, fishing poles and more.
- FEATURE:Made of high strength marine-grade aluminum alloy and end caps construction with up to 150LBS/68KG load capacity.Low profile streamline design enable it to reduce the wind resistance and noise effectively.
- HIGHLY CONSISTENT EASY INSTALLATION:the holes will highly align, installation problem and save time.Easy to assemble in minutes.all hardware are included.
- ATTENTION:Please check the compatibility chart and the view Notes be fore purchasing the item,make sure it fits your vehicle.
- Platform-style rack (no sides) ideal for mounting roof top tents
- Heavy duty 16-gauge steel with fully welded joints
- Four front light tabs
- 4.5' wide; 5.5' length for tent mounting; 6.5' complete length, front-to-back
- Works with any Smittybilt Defender Rack mounts
- Vendor Part Number: JA2725
- The straps go through the door frames, and attach the rack on top of the roof, it fits almost all four door car without side rails, it fit four door car with side rails which height is less than 6.4 cm from roof, because the distance from car roof to bottom of bar is 6.5 cm. It can not be installed on two door car, because there is too small room between the two bars in two door cars.
- Comes with a pair of crossbars 120 cm. Heavy duty steel tube make it strong and safe. 4 PC 1/4" x 2" screw and 4 PC 1/4" lock nut.
- Crossbars are adjustable in position. Install in minutes and disassemble in seconds.
- With water proof ratchet tie down.
- DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!* 1800 lbs ratchet tie down ensures the roof bar will remain firmly on your car top. Whether it’s a kayak, mountain bike, or ladder, these cross bars will get your favorite things to anywhere.
Why Roof Rack is Important?
When traveling in a car, truck, or SUV, a roof rack or baggage rack is convenient to keep your belongings safe on top of the vehicle. You may free up space in your car and truck bed by increasing the amount of stuff you can carry on the exterior of your car. The market has over a dozen roof racks with curved designs for the optimal fit.
Each model comes with step-by-step instructions, making installation a pleasure. To improve your vehicle’s load capacity, rack carriers are also available. When you need a little more storage space, these roof rack extensions are a must-have. You may quickly and conveniently connect sports equipment, holiday bags, and outdoor gear to your roof rack.
All the Ford F150 roof racks mount similarly. Remove all parts and hardware before building the roof rack. Find the front and rear crossbars. On either side of these crossbars are two light bracket mounting holes that will face forward and backward. Screw crossbars to the side plate.
On the car’s passenger side, the light bracket holes are visible. The RC logo will be visible from both sides of the side plate, and the front tabs will be within the roof rack. Secure connections using 5/16-18 x 3/4 button head bolts. Tighten hardware using a 5/32 Allen wrench.
Then, Install the driver’s side plate using the specified hardware. Insert remaining crossbars between side plates using supplied hardware and find the roof rack’s front tab and 1/4-20 rivet nut. Attach rivet nuts to the roof rack’s front tabs using a tool. The front plate goes on the roof rack. On top of the crossbar, attach the front plate with two 1/4-20 x1 button-head bolts, two 1/4-20 nylock nuts, and one bolt to each side of the rivet nut.
Tighten the screws using a 3/16 Allen wrench. Install the side plate using the two 1/4-20 carriage head bolts. As illustrated, attach one of the eight brackets to the roof rack side plate using two 1/4-20 nylock nuts. Steps 10 and 11 are repeated for the remaining brackets.
The kit includes 1/4-20 button head bolts and two 1/4-20 Nylock Nuts to install the light brackets to the front and rear of the roof rack. Tighten bolts using a 3/16 Allen wrench and 7/16 socket. If required, trim the side seal before fitting it.
Once installed, trim the front panel seal. A Notch seal is optional. Painter’s tape should be used to secure the roof rack. Drive with the roof rack installed. Before installation, roof racks should be squared. Position the roof rack. Backward and forwards.
Use the 1/4-20 carriage bolt and nylock nut to attach the rear brackets. Ensure that all roof rack brackets are centered. 1/8-inch “Drillbit may be used to the center roof. Only drill through the roof’s skin. Cover the drill bit with 1/4 painter’s tape to prevent further penetration “away from its edge.
Drill the roof using a 25/64 drill bit to install the rivet nuts. Wrap the drill bit with painter’s tape or a socket to prevent further penetration. Remove the roof rack and any brackets to prepare the drilled holes for rivet nuts. Remove any painter’s tape and splatters.
The rivet nuts should be silicone-coated before installation. Install the rivet nuts into the roof using a rivet nut installation tool or the provided bolt, nut, and washer. Seal the silicone gasket maker well. 30th step: rubber gasket. Remove applicator lid and apply to roof rivet nuts.
Roof rack brackets should be centered over rivet nuts. Install roof brackets and thread sealant on each bolt. Tighten the roof rack’s brackets and 6mm bolts. This requires a 4mm Allen wrench. Attach the edge guard to the second and third inner crossbars. Install the light bars using the provided hardware. Connect the wire harness to the vehicle’s power supply and light bars.
Weight-carrying capacity is determined by the kind of roof rack used. So, when you buy a Ford F150 roof rack, think about how much weight you need to carry. Roof racks with larger weight capacities are unnecessary if you simply need to carry a few items on your car’s roof.
Obviously, heavier-capacity roof racks cost more than lighter-capacity roof racks. On the other side, if you need to transport a lot of stuff but only have a modest roof rack, you will run out of room. Choose your Ford F150 roof rack carefully at all times.
Benefits of Using Ford F150 Roof Rack
Whether you’re embarking on an overland expedition or just need a little more room to carry your belongings, this Ford cargo rack is a godsend! Even when the rack is empty, your F-150’s corrosion-resistant black powder coat and striking design features give it an assertive, good-looking appearance. Over 32,000 lumens of total lighting output can be obtained for each device by adding an optional 40-inch LED to the front or a 40-inch LED to the back(optional).
Things You Need to Know Before Buying
- Determine Your Goals for Using the Roof Rack
- Do some research on the various kinds of racks available, and be sure to take into account their weight capacities.
- Determine the size of the roof rack, make sure it fits properly, and think about adding accessories.
As long as you know how to go about it, finding the greatest Ford F150 roof rack isn’t that difficult. We’ve compiled a list of the best F150 roof racks based on customer feedback. The table below outlines the various kinds of F150 accessories and which models they work best with.
Don’t worry if you don’t find something you like. Check out the shopping guide to see what to look for in an F150 roof rack and what to avoid. Make the most of this knowledge while shopping for a roof rack for your Ford F150.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-06-24