If you are traveling with friends and your family members, you’ll hardly want to keep all the equipment on your car’s back and top. Even if you are traveling with only one person, you will not keep all your stuff in your trunk. So you have to find a better way to keep all of your stuff legally. And thankfully, there is a solution, and that is roof boxes.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Roof Cargo Carrier for Chrysler Pacifica. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Force XT Cargo Box
– Best Value for Money – JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
A roof box is a great addition that will supply your Chrysler Pacifica with much-needed storage space. You’ll feel like you should be affected by the aerodynamics and weight of modern ceiling cargo boxes, but they are really designed to help you drive smoothly. It is important to note that not all cargo boxes will fit in your car. If you decide to purchase a cargo box, it is crucial to make sure it fits before buying one.
When you buy a roof cargo box for your Chrysler Pacifica, do you like to be confused? Not really. Well, the more options available for an item make it very difficult to decide which one is right for you. It’s best to start by looking at the features and specifications of each one so that when shortlisted, only then you can look at its price.
The Chrysler Pacifica is a minivan being produced by the Stellantis-owned Chrysler division. We want to help you avoid that unfortunate situation. This article will provide insight into some of the best roof cargo boxes for your Chrysler Pacifica model.
Advantage & Disadvantage of Chrysler Pacifica Roof Storage:
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is its ability to provide extra storage space for carrying lots of cargo. Roof cargo boxes are compatible with most vehicle designs and are made from durable materials. Most roof cargo boxes also protect against water damage, making them even more appealing in areas that experience inclement weather.
A roof cargo box for a car comes with some disadvantages, affecting the fuel economy in certain types of cars and lowering the available battery range if you drive an electric car. Still, this is more than compensated by all of its benefits, including increased storage space and protection from inclement weather.
Best Roof Cargo Carrier for Chrysler Pacifica:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks.
A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available during a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is that the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit many vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. YAKIMA SkyBox
Yakima has been a pacesetter within the cargo roof box game a few times, and their essence and arguably most versatile product is the SkyBox Carbonite. There’s a large range of cargo box designs and appearances on the market, but the Yakima SkyBox Carbonite goes the sweet spot geared capacity for all-season use.
In addition, its flexible size fits most vehicles. This model has contained massive camping gear for a family of 4, including a large tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and a stove, and you can also add a kid’s Strider bike. It needed some tricky packing, but it stores a great amount, especially soft-sided and compressible objects. And for winter-time use, the box easily consumes snowboards and skis. Yakima lists the most length at 185 centimeters, but it absolutely was just long enough for pairs of 182-centimeter all-mountain skis with that you can also take a snowboard.
The Skybox Pro increases the carrying ability of your vehicle by over 18 cubic feet. Using this cargo box, you’ll now easily transport four snowboards or perhaps up to eight pairs of skis.
- Design hits the suitable spot for all-season use: it is a flexible size that matches most vehicles while maintaining sufficient capacity for skis and ponderous camping gear.
- Both side opening conveniently enables the box to be opened from either the right or left side. You can access it from both the driver and traveler sides.
- SuperLatch security guarantees your lid is safe to its base and your property is safe. It applies SKS lock cores so that you can use one set of keys for various Yakima products.
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits aerodynamic crossbars, square, factory, and Yakima round.
- The rear of the cargo box is reduced for enhanced hatch allowance.
- Its stiff latches will be challenging to open.
- Aerodynamic shape and comparatively slight 15-inch peak height limit what you’ll bring to fairly low-profile items.
- The top-end surface of the box isn’t smooth, just like the other roof boxes.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits Yakima round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
3. JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
JEGS 90098 Cargo Box helps create your journey more pleasurable and relaxed since you need to decrease your essentials because of the shortage of suitable space in your car. Beautiful design, size aerodynamics, weight, easy use, and sturdiness are essential features of the simplest cargo box.
Also, the JEGS Performance Products 90098 rooftop cargo carrier will meet all of those features. Overall performance is average. JEGS 90098 rooftop cargo bag is extremely lightweight for its dimension and feels somewhat flimsy, and plastic is smooth and flexible. It does seem to be strong enough a minimum of when greenhorn and works just fine; however, the durability of it may be problematic. On your primary few trips, it’s unlikely you may encounter any problems. However, if you intend to use this cargo bag regularly for several years, it’d allow you to down at some point.
Overall, JEGS 90098 could be a standard rooftop cargo carrier. It’s not a top-rated hard-shell carrier, but that’s not something you’d expect anyhow. It is budget-priced. It’ll be sufficient for several, but if you’re searching for a high-quality product, you may need to have a look at costlier models.
- This Box can take up to 110 lbs. of materials for tour lovers.
- It’s only 28 lbs.; when the cargo box is empty. You’ll raise it singly, but it’s better to invoke help after you are lifting it to the highest of your car.
- The JEGS cargo box allows a 4-corner locking system that has enhanced protection to your properties.
- It is a dual-side opening cargo box that permits packing or unloads things from either side.
- The installation process doesn’t need any help from tools but only your bare hands.
- The locking system is flimsy and simple to control to an open position.
- It is high. If your car is big and tall, you have got to use a ladder to succeed in and obtain the cargo carrier.
- The quality of U-bolts is not so reliable.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
4. Thule Force XT Cargo Box
Suppose you would like more extra load space for your traveling equipment, snowboards, skiing equipment, or other baggage. In that case, it’s deserving considering buying a rooftop box. One of the most effective cargo boxes available in the shops is the Thule Force XT Cargo Box. It comes in a very smart black design that adds a beautiful look to your vehicle.
This model is a superb choice if you’re trying to find the most effective rooftop cargo carrier. It’s available in a various number of sizes. It’s available in 13 cubic feet capacities, 11 cubic feet, likewise as 17 cubic feet. This can allow users with different luggage bearing capacities must select the model that most closely fits them. Thule Force XT Cargo Box is one of the most reliable products in most online shops that sell cargo boxes.
- Thule Force XT roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- Aerodynamic shape and the diamond-textured covering on the lid of the roof box help to mount back drag.
- You will be on the road in a quick time, without any extra tools, because QuickGrip installing system comes pre-installed. This system is mounted on the round and square crossbars, and most factory racks join with a one-handed movement.
- Both-side openings let you access your things from both sides of the box.
- The locking system gives an outer lock-assist knob that’s simple to use; a built-in feature symbolizes the key can only be separated after sealed the box properly.
- A user-friendly locking system includes an oversize key; a lock does locate on both sides of the box, and each lock originates with a couple of keys.
- A bit costly but deserving each cent.
- There is some mileage problem. About 3-5 miles per gallon call fuel consumption rate.
- Installing the Thule Force XT could also be easy, but taking it off maybe a little bit of a pain by a minimum of one person.
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
5. YAKIMA Showcase Rooftop Cargo Box
Yakima ShowCase Rooftop Cargo Box is described as an ideal mixture of functionality and elegance. This cargo box is built using high-quality materials which will endure repeated use in difficult off-road situations. This model will provide you with the help of a strong yet lightweight structure and aerodynamic design that does a good job of decreasing wind protection. Yakima cargo boxes are in the marketplace for quite your time now and are known for their convenience, easy use, and sturdiness. The ShowCase Cargo Box is not any different and offers you all the features you’d want in an exceedingly high-end cargo box.
If you’re searching for a well-designed cargo box for your vehicle, you ought to give the Yakima ShowCase Rooftop Cargo Box an endeavor. Although this box is made to suit the requirements of smaller vehicles and wagons, it still gives you sufficient space to hold everything you wish for your road trip. It’s advised to someone trying to find a well-designed and sturdy cargo box that provides them a service they will rely upon for several years to come back.
- It has a really large space inside so that you’ll use it to store maximum all of your things without concern about space. It can contain 8 pairs of skis or 6 snowboards.
- The finish of it’s immune to fading and scratching. This implies that it stays in top shape even after using it frequently in areas with adverse climatic conditions.
- It comes with inner lid stiffeners that make sure that it continues tightly closed.
- Its aerodynamics design helps to scale back wind drag that keeps your goods at a secure position all the time.
- SKS Locks are incorporated with the Showcase to keep your gear secure. You could not remove the key without lock the box.
- Dual-sided opening for straightforward access on either side of your vehicle.
- Its weight about 46 pounds. That’s why sometimes it gets tough to put in for a few users.
- The bottom surface can get scratches easily.
- Designed with internal lid stiffeners for durability and easy open and close; Fits round, aerodynamic, factory and square crossbars
- Excellent roof clearance featuring metal clamp with molded soft finish
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle
- Forward-facing hardware and tapered tail end provide the ultimate in hatch clearance
- Ideal fit for larger vehicles, wagons and SUVs
6. Thule Pulse Cargo Box
The Thule Pulse Cargo Box is one of the well-known cargo boxes if you try to find more room when traveling by your car. The Thule cargo box appears with a large interior area to suit a large number of materials. The cargo box is uniquely designed to provide customers with an inexpensive alternative for carrying extra items during transportation with their cars.
This box is built of long-lasting, rugged thermoplastic elements offering users an advantage for their money. The pulse cargo box adds simply to the roof of the car utilizing the inner knobs. The special grip hardware provides for ease installation taking approximately five minutes. The low design enables the carrier to readjust into garages and parking. The box comes with one in each of the proper covers, resisting the most rigid environment. The aerodynamic configuration helps prevent the creating of loud sounds all year long.
- Quicker installation of racks thanks to the easy-grip tools.
- Large capacity holds four to six snowboards, six to eight pairs of skis, poles, and paddles with comfort.
- Reliable and strong because the sturdy plastic material remains stable against severe weather.
- The passenger-side opening provides quick access for packing and unpacking.
- It can be positioned on most factory racks like square and round crossbars.
- The easy-grip installing system constructs quickly and easily attach to the car rack.
- Thule Pulse roof box incorporates a SecureLock feature that secures the cargo box is locked securely.
- The aerodynamic design does not conflict with driving, enabling air to flow over smoothly.
- Very light so, it enabling flexibility.
- Some can give in intense heat, although this is often common to most plastic products.
- Adding and separating the box from the car is a small amount of tedious.
- It might be tough, bulky, and heavy for one person to manage on their own.
- The locking system can be difficult to use for brand spanking, new users.
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Car Top Carrier for Chrysler Pacifica:
There are many types of roof cargo boxes on the market to choose from. Keeping in mind the following things will help you find one that is best for your Chrysler Pacifica:
- How easy is the box to attach?
- How can you find your things in it?
- Is the box big enough?
- Is the locking system secure?
- Is the box durable enough?
- Do you have enough storage space in it?
- Is it waterproof?
- What will you do with your roof box when not using it?
- Is the lid designed to open easily?
- Aerodynamics of the box
We highlighted a variety of roof cargo boxes with different sizes for minivans. You can use this information to go ahead and purchase your new Chrysler Pacifica roof cargo box or kindly follow the links provided if you want more information.
We hope that our review and expert recommendations will help you to find the perfect roof box for you. All of your needs are based on the type of product you need to bear with the roof box or your budget. However, our research is always here to help you to find the perfect roof box for you.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-28