The Chevrolet Suburban is a full-size SUV from Chevrolet. Full-size SUVs are popular vehicles used in families with large families that need plenty of space to store carrying items for outdoor activities such as camping and hiking. The Chevy Suburban, manufactured in the United States and Canada, is sold in many different countries.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Chevy Suburban Roof Cargo Carriers. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Vector Roof Box
– Best Value for Money – JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
If you’ve been unable to find the best roof box for your Chevy Suburban, You are in the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll review the best roof cargo carriers for Chevrolet Suburbans. Roof cargo carriers that surpass the various metrics on important considerations like cargo space, aerodynamics, durability, and weight capacity are listed.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Chevy Suburban cargo carriers. And every one of them will work great with your Chevy Suburban, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Suburban Roof Storage
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide the waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Chevy Suburban Roof Cargo Carriers:
1. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available during a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is that the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit many vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
JEGS 90098 Cargo Box helps create your journey more pleasurable and relaxed since you need to decrease your essentials because of the shortage of suitable space in your car. Beautiful design, size aerodynamics, weight, easy use, and sturdiness are essential features of the simplest cargo box.
Also, the JEGS Performance Products 90098 rooftop cargo carrier will meet all of those features. Overall performance is average. JEGS 90098 rooftop cargo bag is extremely lightweight for its dimension and feels somewhat flimsy, and plastic is smooth and flexible. It does seem to be strong enough a minimum of when greenhorn and works just fine; however, the durability of it may be problematic. On your primary few trips, it’s unlikely you may encounter any problems. However, if you intend to use this cargo bag regularly for several years, it’d allow you to down at some point.
Overall, JEGS 90098 could be a standard rooftop cargo carrier. It’s not a top-rated hard-shell carrier, but that’s not something you’d expect anyhow. It is budget-priced. It’ll be sufficient for several, but if you’re searching for a high-quality product, you may need to have a look at costlier models.
- This Box can take up to 110 lbs. of materials for tour lovers.
- It’s only 28 lbs.; when the cargo box is empty. You’ll raise it singly, but it’s better to invoke help after you are lifting it to the highest of your car.
- The JEGS cargo box allows a 4-corner locking system that has enhanced protection to your properties.
- It is a dual-side opening cargo box that permits packing or unloads things from either side.
- The installation process doesn’t need any help from tools but only your bare hands.
- The locking system is flimsy and simple to control to an open position.
- It is high. If your car is big and tall, you have got to use a ladder to succeed in and obtain the cargo carrier.
- The quality of U-bolts is not so reliable.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. Goplus Cargo Box
Goplus is a company that includes various commodities available in numerous categories like home & garden, automotive tools, furniture, hardware tools, outdoor equipment, and many more. Goplus Rooftop Cargo Carrier could be an excellent choice for anyone buying some way to extend their car’s load-carrying ability without the price of the top-tier models.
The development of the Goplus car roof box may be a compound of strong ABS and PC plastic elements, and it’s light enough for bearing up by a single person. ABS elements are long-lasting, water-resistant, and reliable; therefore, you must not bother using the Goplus roof to confine extreme weather, use it in wild fields, and use it in sudden disasters. The strong ABS material will flawlessly preserve your goods from all types of possible situations.
Based on the manufacturer’s information, The Goplus car roof box is globally fitting to any or all styles of rack bars. In case you previously had a couple of rack bars on the rooftop of your car, you’ll use the Goplus cargo box without anxieties about adaptability. Moreover, trucks, coupes, minivans, SUVs, and sedans can use the Goplus car roof box. You will find three color choices for the Goplus cargo box on the market: White, Black, and Titanium Gray. Hence, you’ll be able to pick a color to suit the design and color of your car.
- It has a storing capability of 14 Cubic feet. It can take up to 165 lbs load.
- Four quick-to-connect anchors to be able to mount it easily.
- It features round and square factory bars that make it more reliable. It is a strong and strong product that preserves your valuables effectively toward elements vulnerability.
- It creates super lock security, ensuring the top stays securely on the box’s base making all of your property safes.
- The box incorporates a dual-sided opening getting it easily accessible from each side of the vehicle.
- Smooth aerodynamic shape benefits to cut back drag and noise.
- The top looks thin.
- The short length makes it a bad option if you’re searching for a cargo carrier, particularly to move longer gear, like adult skis or longer snowboards.
- Perfect for Road Trip---Take the cargo box to the park, the beach, the sports field, or any place you need to store. Works on all vehicles with rack, suitable for cars, vans, SUVs, etc. Sleek aerodynamic design to reduce drag and has less noise.
- 14 Cubic Feet Cargo Box with Car Trunk Organizer---With the large capacity, the roof cargo box can help you securely carry 14 cubic feet worth of essentials, can increase vehicle cargo space without impeding on passenger comfort, more capacity, more pleasure! Included trunk organizer comes with 3 different size compartments, 12 side bags which will help you organize sundries with ease.
- Robust and Security Design---The roof cargo box is designed to withstand heavy use in different types of weather conditions. The metal lid stiffeners at the bottom makes the roof box more stable and safer. With the double-lock design for protecting your valuables. 【Note】This product is suitable for vehicles with rack (the width of the luggage rack is adjusted to between 16.1 inches and 24.8 inches, and the width of the roof crossbar is less than 3.1 inches).
- High Quality Material---The roof box is manufactured from sturdy ABS and PC material for long-lasting use, able to protect your valuables from exposure to the elements and can load 165 lbs capacity, suitable for round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars.
- Easy to Install---The Goplus roof box equipped with 4 quick connect anchors for easy install and super latch security ensures your lid secure to its base, and your gear is safe. Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle to increased efficiency and convenience.【Note: please do not open the openings on both sides at the same time. The key can only be removed after the cover is closed and locked.】
4. Thule Vector Roof Box
Car roof boxes are around for quite a while now, and it’s an ever-growing demand, which makes it more and tougher to grasp what to shop for and the way to induce value for money. Thule Vector roof boxes are long-lasting, hard-shelled cargo boxes that attach to your car roof. These handy products are created to resolve a huge range of storage requirements while making road-tripping easier and convenient for you and your travelers. From camp stoves to snowboards, deck benches, to fly rods, there’s a Thule storage box for almost all styles of luggage or outdoor equipment.
Thule’s Vector roof boxes are intended to accommodate almost any outdoor equipment you need, long and thin for skis and fishing rods to big and hulking for all of your camping and outdoor gear. Thule roof storage boxes are known for their safety, strength, and sturdiness. The box is built from five layers of super-strong, automotive-grade acrylic, often used for molding applications thanks to its lightweight and impact resistance.
- A classic, sporty figure with a seamless mixture of the cover and for that the base that can adjust with any particular looks of the car
- The strengthened lid offers a sleek, simple both-sided opening and closing
- Adds a Thule roof box lid cover to provide protection from cuts and dirt at the time of storage
- Sidelock system with separate locking and opening functions that helps to automatically locks the cover in situ and ensure that the box is closed securely
- Double side opening for simple access from either side of the vehicle
- Comfortable installing process because of the Power Click quick-install system. The combined torque indicator clicks when it’s accurately positioned, assuring quick and stable fitting
- Easy access to the full box with minimum danger of any engagement with the cargo box because of its front position on the vehicle roof
- Containing Thule Box Lid Cover to safeguard the carrier from marks and mud during accommodation
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
5. YAKIMA SkyBox
Yakima has been a pacesetter within the cargo roof box game a few times, and their essence and arguably most versatile product is the SkyBox Carbonite. There’s a large range of cargo box designs and appearances on the market, but the Yakima SkyBox Carbonite goes the sweet spot geared capacity for all-season use. In addition, its flexible size fits most vehicles.
This model has contained massive camping gear for a family of 4, including a large tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and a stove, and you can also add a kid’s Strider bike. It needed some tricky packing, but it stores a great amount, especially soft-sided and compressible objects. And for winter-time use, the box easily consumes snowboards and skis. Yakima lists the most length at 185 centimeters, but it absolutely was just long enough for pairs of 182-centimeter all-mountain skis with that you can also take a snowboard.
The Skybox Pro increases the carrying ability of your vehicle by over 18 cubic feet. Using this cargo box, you’ll now easily transport four snowboards or perhaps up to eight pairs of skis.
- Design hits the suitable spot for all-season use: it is a flexible size that matches most vehicles while maintaining sufficient capacity for skis and ponderous camping gear.
- Both side opening conveniently enables the box to be opened from either the right or left side. You can access it from both the driver and traveler sides.
- SuperLatch security guarantees your lid is safe to its base and your property is safe. It applies SKS lock cores so that you can use one set of keys for various Yakima products.
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits aerodynamic crossbars, square, factory, and Yakima round.
- The rear of the cargo box is reduced for enhanced hatch allowance.
- Its stiff latches will be challenging to open.
- Aerodynamic shape and comparatively slight 15-inch peak height limit what you’ll bring to fairly low-profile items.
- The top-end surface of the box isn’t smooth, just like the other roof boxes.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits Yakima round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
6. Amazon Basics Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bag
Sometimes it gets difficult for even large car owners to manage enough space for their fifth or sixth suitcase. Folding rear seats to increase cargo area isn’t always a choice with a full capacity of passengers. It would work great for this situation to have a lightweight cargo carrier leash to the top of your car, contain big items, and fold away when it is not necessary, unlike rooftop boxes.
Amazon brings its AmazonBasics Rooftop Cargo bag can contain about 15 cu ft at a reasonable price. AmazonBasics rooftop cargo bag is created out of thick vinyl. There are eight straps for a few extra safeties toward buffering the wind or consumption from regular use. This bag needs a minimum of roof bars but would be better added to crossbars or inside a cargo basket. The bands are intended to rotate around the vehicle’s side rails or crossbars and adjust individually via buckles. One negative side is that the zipper may be locked, but the bag can’t be secured to the roof. However, the underside layer could be a bit thin, and there needs more stuffing.
- Amazon Rooftop cargo carrier bag 15 cu ft storage space.
- Its weight is about 4.7-pounds, which is simpler to fold
- 8 pushover straps with fasteners for a straightforward link to a vehicle’s carrier
- Fasteners unsnap for more simplistic access to cargo while added to the roof.
- Fade-resistant for cover against dust, sun, wind, and rain
- Strengthened by an Amazon Basics one-year short warranty.
- Oversized zipper closing with stay-dry covers; solid stitching; folds for small storage.
- It needs roof bars, crossbars, or another rack system, sort of a cargo container.
- The AmazonBasics rooftop cargo bag isn’t properly waterproof, though it can resist water for a limited time.
- No pad or other non-slip measures added on the underside of the bag
- Rooftop cargo carrier bag with 15-cubic-foot storage capacity
- 8 cinch straps with buckles for easy connection to a vehicle’s roof rack
- Waterproof and fade-resistant for protection against dust, sun, wind, and rain
- Oversized zipper closure with stay-dry flaps; strong seams; folds for compact storage; storage bag/carrying case included
- Backed by an Amazon Basics one-year limited warranty
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Suburban Roof Cargo Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Chevy Suburban, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your content.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it?
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
Conclusion: Chevy Suburban Roof Cargo Carrier
In summary, though the Chevrolet Suburban offers considerable space, to begin with, it is worth adding a roof cargo carrier for more cargo room. Long-distance travel is hazardous, but you can feel more confident when traveling with a roof cargo carrier that delivers on its promise.
When you buy a roof cargo carrier for your car, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof cargo carrier that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
Last Update : 2022-09-29