There are endless types of Roof Cargo Carriers available on the market. If you have an SUV, sedan, minivan, or across the back, you will easily find a roof cargo box for your Chevy Equinox. As with cars, roof cargo boxes also come with various designs, sizes, and different price tags. You can even find a roof box that is perfect for you if you are on a tight budget.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best Chevy Equinox Roof Storage System. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Overall – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Carrier
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Vector Roof Box
– Best Soft Carrier – Amazon Basics Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bag
– Value for Money – JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier
Many roof boxes are specially designed for a type of car. So if you have a Chevy Equinox, you can easily find a perfect roof cargo box for your Chevy Equinox. Many of these roof boxes are universal also. So they will fit with any SUV car. Many roof boxes are also available in different colors, so you can choose the color that matches your Chevy Equinox color.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Chevy Equinox cargo carriers. And every one of them will work great with your Chevy Equinox, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Advantage & Disadvantages of Chevy Equinox Roof Box
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Roof Cargo Boxes for Chevy Equinox:
1. Thule Vector Roof Box
Car roof boxes are around for quite a while now, and it’s an ever-growing demand, which makes it more and tougher to grasp what to shop for and the way to induce value for money. Thule Vector roof boxes are long-lasting, hard-shelled cargo boxes that attach to your car roof. These handy products are created to resolve a huge range of storage requirements while making road-tripping easier and convenient for you and your travelers. From camp stoves to snowboards, deck benches, to fly rods, there’s a Thule storage box for almost all styles of luggage or outdoor equipment.
Thule’s Vector roof boxes are intended to accommodate almost any outdoor equipment you need, long and thin for skis and fishing rods to big and hulking for all of your camping and outdoor gear. Thule roof storage boxes are known for their safety, strength, and sturdiness. The box is built from five layers of super-strong, automotive-grade acrylic, often used for molding applications thanks to its lightweight and impact resistance.
- A classic, sporty figure with a seamless mixture of the cover and for that the base that can adjust with any particular looks of the car
- The strengthened lid offers a sleek, simple both-sided opening and closing
- Adds a Thule roof box lid cover to provide protection from cuts and dirt at the time of storage
- Sidelock system with separate locking and opening functions that helps to automatically locks the cover in situ and ensure that the box is closed securely
- Double side opening for simple access from either side of the vehicle
- Comfortable installing process because of the Power Click quick-install system. The combined torque indicator clicks when it’s accurately positioned, assuring quick and stable fitting
- Easy access to the full box with minimum danger of any engagement with the cargo box because of its front position on the vehicle roof
- Containing Thule Box Lid Cover to safeguard the carrier from marks and mud during accommodation
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
2. JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier
JEGS 90098 Cargo Box helps create your journey more pleasurable and relaxed since you need to decrease your essentials because of the shortage of suitable space in your Chevy Equinox. Beautiful design, size aerodynamics, weight, easy use, and sturdiness are essential features of the simplest cargo box. Also, the JEGS Performance Products 90098 rooftop cargo carrier will meet all of those features. Overall performance is average. JEGS 90098 rooftop cargo bag is extremely lightweight for its dimension and feels somewhat flimsy, and plastic is smooth and flexible. It does seem to be strong enough a minimum of when greenhorn and works just fine; however, the durability of it may be problematic. On your primary few trips, it’s unlikely you may encounter any problems. However, if you intend to use this cargo bag regularly for several years, it’d allow you to down at some point.
Overall, JEGS 90098 could be a standard rooftop cargo carrier. It’s not a top-rated hard-shell carrier, but that’s not something you’d expect anyhow. It is budget-priced. It’ll be sufficient for several, but if you’re searching for a high-quality product, you may need to have a look at costlier models.
- This Box can take up to 110 lbs. of materials for tour lovers.
- It’s only 28 lbs.; when the cargo box is empty. You’ll raise it singly, but it’s better to invoke help after you are lifting it to the highest of your car.
- The JEGS cargo box allows a 4-corner locking system that has enhanced protection to your properties.
- It is a dual-side opening cargo box that permits packing or unloads things from either side.
- The installation process doesn’t need any help from tools but only your bare hands.
- The locking system is flimsy and simple to control to an open position.
- It is high. If your car is big and tall, you have got to use a ladder to succeed in and obtain the cargo carrier.
- The quality of U-bolts is not so reliable.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Waterproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
3. YAKIMA SkyBox Pro
Yakima has been a pacesetter within the cargo roof box game a few times, and their essence and arguably most versatile product is that the SkyBox Carbonite. There’s a large range of cargo box designs and appearances on the market, but the Yakima SkyBox Carbonite goes the sweet spot geared capacity for all-season use. In addition, its flexible size fits most vehicles. This model has contained massive camping gear for a family of 4, including a large tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and a stove, and you can also add a kid’s Strider bike. It needed some tricky packing, but it stores a great amount, especially soft-sided and compressible objects. And for winter-time use, the box easily consumes snowboards and skis. Yakima lists the most length at 185 centimeters, but it absolutely was just long enough for pairs of 182-centimeter all-mountain skis with that you can also take a snowboard.
The Skybox Pro increases the carrying ability of your Chevy Equinox by over 18 cubic feet. Using this cargo box, you’ll now easily transport four snowboards or perhaps up to eight pairs of skis.
- Design hits the suitable spot for all-season use: it is a flexible size that matches most vehicles while maintaining sufficient capacity for skis and ponderous camping gear.
- Both side opening conveniently enables the box to be opened from either the right or left side. You can access it from both the driver and traveler sides.
- SuperLatch security guarantees your lid is safe to its base and your property is safe. It applies SKS lock cores so that you can use one set of keys for various Yakima products.
- Quick-release mounting hardware fits aerodynamic crossbars, square, factory, and Yakima round.
- The rear of the cargo box is reduced for enhanced hatch allowance.
- Its stiff latches will be challenging to open.
- Aerodynamic shape and comparatively slight 15-inch peak height limit what you’ll bring to fairly low-profile items.
- The top-end surface of the box isn’t smooth, just like the other roof boxes.
- Fit more friends: Add more cargo space so you can bring more friends; SkyBox 12 fits gear for up to 3 people and is roomy enough for skis and snowboards up to 215 cm
- Less noise, more room: The tapered, aerodynamic design with textured lid (made from up to 80% recycled material!) reduces drag, wind noise and hatch interference
- Accessible & easy: Internal lid stiffeners add durability and make it easy to open and close; Dual-sided opening allows you to access your gear from either side of your vehicle
- Keeps gear safe: Our SuperLatch secures the lid to the base, keeping your gear safe and sound; Includes SKS (Same Key System) Locks for extra peace of mind
- Works with most racks: Fits YAKIMA round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars; Requires a crossbar spread between 24 in and 42 in; Tool-free installation with no assembly required
4. SportRack Horizon Cargo Box
The Sportrack Horizon could be a bare-bones rooftop cargo box that gets the work done. It costs less than other top-rated cargo boxes, but it does simply as effective at carrying snowboards, skis, or other equipment on the rooftop of your car. The SportRack Horizon Cargo Box holds out when it involves stability and portability. The producer has produced many high-quality models that have helped the customers with a strong and reliable service.
The Cargo box’s main advantage is its rock-bottom value related to the premium models, so if you do not desire to pay the equivalent of a replacement pair of skis on a top-of-the-line Thule or Yakima box, the Horizon Cargo Box is where it’s at. Its 11 cubic feet of accommodation can withstand interference to six pairs of skis or three snowboards, up to 210cm long. This sets the carrier except from most budget cargo boxes since they’re typically too short to carry any boards, skis, or other long pieces of drugs. Additionally, SportRack also provides an L and XL variant of this Box if your equipment storage requirements surpass the Box range.
- It has 11 cubic unit spacing, and it can contain 2-3 snowboards and 5-6 pairs of skis up to 210 cm.
- It is produced using a high-end substance made of impact-resistant ABS material.
- This Box gives a fast-release attachment kit that permits you to put in and take away it with ease.
- The passenger-side opening lets you be secure while accessing the equipment from your carrier box.
- They are meant to figure with all SportRack carrier systems and any round bars, square bars, and most OEM roof racks.
- It appears with a lock and two keys, creating it impossible to get rid of the key while the Box is unlocked, making it difficult to ignore to lock the Box.
- Just one side opening while other brands provide dual side opening.
- It has a rather difficult mounting process.
- 16 cubic foot (453 L) cargo capacity
- Made from rugged, impact resistant ABS material
- Passenger side opening for easy access away from traffic
- Easy to install or remove using the quick release attachment kit
- Holds 4-6 pairs of skis (up to 178 cm) or 3-4 snowboards
5. Thule Motion XT Cargo Box:
The Thule Motion XT roof boxes are meant to supply easy use consolidated with better loading space performance while including a lovely wind-cheating aerodynamic design. The 55 -pound XT is the perfect choice of a roof box for standard, medium-sized saloons and hatchbacks. A specific benefit of the Motion series is that every box may be positioned further forward on the car’s roof, ensuring that there’s only the least risk of contact with the vehicle’s tailgate. Motion XT roof boxes are available during a choice of six sizes with two color choices.
The Thule box with the best weight rating is that the Thule Motion XT. It’ll foot-dragging 165 pounds of weight and incorporates a capacity of twenty-two cubic feet. This choice also owns the maximum neighborly width of any Thule box, at 37.5 inches. The Motion XT is 91.5 inches long and 18 inches tall. At 55 pounds, it’s lighter than many larger-sized boxes. The Motion XT is uniquely designed for huge capacity and aerodynamics and can fit a large range of vehicles. Despite its size, it’s described by users to keep soundless on the road.
- Simple process to open and shut all told circumstances because of grip-friendly outer handles and protecting lid lifters.
- Improved design for best space effectiveness, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Easy to install with the help of its extra-space, pre-mount Power Click quick-install system. The integrated torque pointer clicks when it’s correctly mounted, ensuring fast and solid fitting.
- Full box entrance with low risk of contact with the cargo box because of its front position on the car roof
- A system called Sideclock, including locking and opening functions, automatically lock the lid in situ and shows when the box is locked securely.
- Comparatively lightweight, only 55 pounds, but it has a large weight capacity of 165 pounds.
- Thule T-track Adapter needed for fitting to Thule Sidebars. Thule WingBar Evo, SquareBar, ProBar and WingBar Edge are perfect for it.
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
6. Amazon Basics Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bag
Sometimes it gets difficult for even large car owners to manage enough space for their fifth or sixth suitcase. Folding rear seats to increase cargo area isn’t always a choice with a full capacity of passengers. It would work great for this situation to have a lightweight cargo carrier leash to the top of your Chevy Equinox, contain big items, and simply fold away when it is not necessary, unlike rooftop boxes.
Amazon brings its AmazonBasics Rooftop Cargo bag can contain about 15 cu ft at a reasonable price. AmazonBasics rooftop cargo bag is created out of thick vinyl. There are eight straps for a few extra safeties toward buffering the wind or consumption from regular use. This bag needs a minimum of roof bars but would be better added to crossbars or inside a cargo basket. The bands are intended to rotate around the vehicle’s side rails or crossbars and adjust individually via buckles. One negative side is that the zipper may be locked, but the bag can’t be secured to the roof. However, the underside layer could be a bit thin, and there needs more stuffing.
- Amazon Rooftop cargo carrier bag 15 cu ft storage space.
- Its weight is about 4.7-pounds, which is simpler to fold
- 8 pushover straps with fasteners for a straightforward link to a vehicle’s carrier
- Fasteners unsnap for more simplistic access to cargo while added to the roof.
- Fade-resistant for cover against dust, sun, wind, and rain
- Strengthened by an Amazon Basics one-year short warranty.
- Oversized zipper closing with stay-dry covers; solid stitching; folds for small storage.
- It needs roof bars, crossbars, or another rack system, sort of a cargo container.
- The AmazonBasics rooftop cargo bag isn’t properly waterproof, though it can resist water for a limited time.
- No pad or other non-slip measures added on the underside of the bag
- Rooftop cargo carrier bag with 15-cubic-foot storage capacity
- 8 inch straps with buckles for easy connection to a vehicle’s roof rack
- Waterproof and fade-resistant for protection against dust, sun, wind, and rain
- Oversized zipper closure with stay-dry flaps; strong seams; folds for compact storage; storage bag/carrying case included
- Backed by an Amazon Basics one-year limited warranty
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Chevy Equinox Roof Cargo Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Chevy Equinox, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your content.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it?
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
Conclusion – Chevy Equinox Roof Storage
When you buy a roof cargo carrier for your Chevy Equinox, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof cargo carrier that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
If you want the best roof cargo carrier for your Chevy Equinox, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof boxes, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
Every cargo carrier listed here is unique with its unique features. Every roof cargo carrier is perfect for a particular type of use. After deciding, pick the perfect roof cargo box from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2023-06-10