The most famous and adventurous ways to enjoy your free time during winter is Skiing. If you want to go on Skiing with your skis you have to transport them from your house to the mountains. But without the best cargo box, you will not be able to do that.
If you want to carry your skis and want to go for Skiing with your family at a time, you can’t do that comfortably without a perfect cargo box. An ideal cargo box can serve you with enough storage space. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about sufficient area to keep your skis and the safety of your family after buying a roof box.
To spend the winter without worrying about enough storage space to transport your stuff you have to choose the perfect roof cargo box for you.
Overview of Top 6 Cargo Boxes for Skis & Snowboards:
Last Update : 2021-04-16
We hope that our recommended products will be beneficial to you. Sometimes we got a small commission if you buy products using our links. We are very thankful to you if you use our links!
7 Best Cargo Boxes for Skis & Snowboards:
INNO Shadow Cargo Box:
The INNO Shadow Rooftop Cargo Box is very easy to use and very user friendly. You can open this roof box with just one hand. And it can accommodate up to eight skis, four snowboards or two surfboards.
So you can go to the mountain for Skiing with your skis and your family, and don’t have to worry about enough storage space.
The installation process and the operating system for the INNO Shadow cargo box are straightforward. So you don’t have to spend much time in mounting it.
If you are finding a perfect roof box for your SUV, then this could be an excellent option for your needs. And it is not so long, so you don’t have to worry about not getting full access to your car’s trunk. Because of its sleek and aerodynamic design, it can help you with fuel economy. Moreover, it comes with 11 cubic feet of storage space.
SportRack Horizon Alpine Cargo Box (16 Cu Ft):
If you want to go to the mountain with all of your essential equipment and with your large family without having any problem with transporting them, then this SportRack Horizon is a perfect option for you. It can easily carry eight to twelve skis.
With the help of the quick release kit, you can quickly and very easily mount and unmount it from the roof of your car and this roof box can give you access from the passenger side. Its weight is 44 pounds, so it is a little heavier than other roof boxes. But it is not so heavy at all. Despite being a little heavy, you can easily lift and install it on your car’s roof by yourself.
This roof box is made of a high-quality ABS material which makes it more durable, and that can reduce any damaging impact on your roof box. So you don’t have to worry about the security of your skis or any other things in it.
Yakima Skybox Carbonite Cargo Box:
The Yakima Skybox Carbonite is very easy to install and uninstall. So if you want a roof box that is easily accessible for your skis, then this could be an excellent option for you.
It is long enough to carry your skis and easily accessible also. So you can easily open it when you need without worrying about the lid falling on you.
It comes with a very tight seal that can easily prevent any kinds of water damage. If you have to drive in bad weather, then this may be an excellent option for you.
With a very tight seal, you don’t have to worry about your skis or extra-warm clothes getting wet. So this feature can make itself favorite to you. You can uninstall this cargo box very easily whenever you want.
Yakima Rocketbox Pro 11 Cargo Box:
This Yakima Rocketbox Pro comes with an aerodynamic design that can resist air very well. So you don’t have to worry about harmful gas mileage when you are going to the mountains for Skiing. You can carry 215 cm long skis by this box. Because of the security system, you don’t need to think about the safety of your skis also.
The Yakima Rocketbox Pro 11 can give you access to your stuff from both sides. So you can park your car wherever you want when you go to the mountains for Skiing.
This cargo box comes with push-button security and SKS lock cores. So don’t worry about the security of your roof box at all. It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty offered by the company, so do not worry if it is accidentally damaged during trips.
Thule Atlantis Cargo Box:
The Thule Atlantis Rooftop Cargo Box comes with a very aerodynamic design. So you don’t have to suffer from bad gas mileage when you are going to the mountains for Skiing. Moreover, you can carry 215 cm long skis by this box. And there is nothing to worry about the safety of your skis also.
It can give you access to your stuff from both sides. So you can park your car wherever you want when you go to the mountains for Skiing.
This roof box comes with push-button security and SKS lock cores. So you don’t need to worry about the security of your roof box at all.
It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty offered by the company, so you don’t need to think if it is accidentally damaged during trips.
SportRack Horizon Alpine cargo box (11 Cu Ft):
This roof box comes with a solid design, so you do not worry about any damage when you are driving with it. It also looks aesthetic, easily usable, and very user friendly.
This SportRack Horizon Alpine available with only 11 cubic feet of storage space, yet it can carry six to ten skis at a time. So it can be a perfect option if you have a small family and you want to go on Skiing with your whole family. With the quick-release system, you can just put it on in less than five minutes and remove also.
It weighs only 29 pounds. Despite being so light, the design of this box is robust and durable also. ABS plastic is used in making this roof box so it is very durable and it can prevent any damage when you are driving with it.
With the superior lock, you don’t have to worry about someone breaking into your roof box when you are enjoying the Skiing with your family.
SportRack Horizon Alpine cargo box (17 Cu Ft):
The SportRack Horizon Alpine Cargo Box comes with 17 cubic feet of storage space, so don’t have to worry for extra space to carry your skiing components and extra warm clothes at a time.
You will be able to easily transport four to six pairs of skis along with your other essential items. Moreover, you don’t have to spend much time on installing and uninstalling it because of its fast installation and removal system.
This cargo box is famous because of its very durable and aesthetic design. Moreover, it can save your stuff from any water leakage. So you will be able to drive in bad weather without worrying about your stuff security or your items being wet.
If you want the best rooftop cargo box for skis, you have to consider your needs, like how much skis and snowboard or other things you have to carry. Moreover, you have to think about your family also. Generally, if you have a big family, you will need a giant box that can carry all of your stuff.
Finally, you have to think about the size of the roof of your car. You will not want to face any problem in installing the roof box after spending a good amount of money on it. You have to be sure that your roof box isn’t interfering in opening the trunk of your car, and the box will not put you in danger before you mount it.
-Our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller Rooftop Cargo Boxes:
- Includes universal factory mounting hardware
- One Key System - Includes two lock cylinders and keys
- Safely carries up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Snowboards can be carried base to base for maximum capacity
- Fits all Thule, Yakima and most Factory racks
- Affordable Ski Rack
- Heavy Duty and Durable
- Holds Up to 3 Pairs of Skis
- Horizontal Storage
- Great for other gear also - Snowboards, Skateboards,Water Skis, Etc.
- Holds skis and snowboards securely with Ultra-Soft rubber arms that grip without scratching the surfaces
- Safely carries thicker modern skis and snowboards, and reduces the carrier height when unloaded due to the integrated vertical spring system
- Easy to open and close while wearing gloves, thanks to an oversized push button; Load capacity skis (pairs): Up to 4 pair
- Added roof clearance for skis with tall bindings, thanks to included extension feet that raise the carrier
- Fits directly into the load bar's t-tracks via the integrated, tool-free mounting hardware
- ORGANIZE & STORE UP TO 5 PAIRS OF SKIS | Universal Ski Storage Rack Keeps the Entire Family’s Gear Neatly Stowed for Safekeeping & Easy Accessibility | Holds Up to 4 Pairs of Adult or Kids Skis with Max Capacity of 300 Pounds
- CONVENIENT WALL-MOUNTED DESIGN | 24” Frame Mounts Easily to Any Wall for Amazing Space-Saving Convenience | Perfect for Storing Ski Equipment in the Garage, Shed, Cabin, Mudroom, Storage Locker, Attic or Rec Room
- POWDER-COATED STEEL CONSTRUCTION | Main Rail & Mounting Hardware are Made of Heavy-Duty Steel with Black Dry Powder Finish for Many Years of Dependable Use | Resistant to Rusting, Chipping, Cracking & Warping
- ADJUSTABLE RUBBER-COATED HOOKS | Never Worry About Your Skis Being Scratched or Damaged During Storage | Hooks Feature Soft Rubber Coating & Can Be Custom Spaced Along the Rack to Suit the Size of Your Skis
- EASY INSTALLATION FOR HOME & MORE | Get Your Skis Off the Floor & On the Wall in Minutes! | Use the Provided Hardware to Mount Rack to Studs or Use Heavier Equipment to Affix to Concrete or Brick | Power Drill Recommended
- Holds Both Skis and Snowboards
- Great Way to Organize Your Home and Garage
- Many Uses - Skis, Snowboards, Skateboards, Scooter, Hockey Sticks, and more!
- Lightweight Engineered Design
- Mounting Hardware Included - Screws and Drywall Anchors
- HEAVY DUTY STEEL. The rack's arm mounts are strong enough to hold singles or doubles on each level, 4 to 8 pairs of skis - whether powder, race, cross country, and more
- EASY SETUP. Sets up in minutes with 4 screws through each track, then simply insert arms and store your skis.
- MULTI-PURPOSE. Stores skis, snowboards, surfboards, wakeboards, skateboards and plenty more gear.
- PADDED ARMS. Blue rubber padding protects your skis from damage while stored.
- WANT VERTICAL SKI STORAGE? Search "StoreYourBoard Ski" in Amazon
- 5 STORAGE ATTACHMENTS: Ski rack is 24" inch in total, perfect choice for 5 skis in your garage.
- CUSTOMIZE SKI STORAGE: Space attachments to long steel rail to customize spacing to fit your actually needs.
- FITS MOST SKIS: Suitable for most of ski and snowboard racks, this ski rack will make your garage well organized.
- EASY TO INSTALL—The ski wall storage rack is easy to attach and move around on the rail. Heavy duty mounting hardware (8*Screw, 8*Expansion tube). Hardware with the plastic expansion tube only for drywall！for create or brick wall, please use the appropriate hardware.
- SUPER MATERIAL FOR DURABILITY—Powder-coated steel for durability-resists of rusting, chipping and cracking. Rubber-coated sleeves are scratch-resistant. Steel construction epoxy finish.
- Publishing, Ski and Snowboard Vacation Book (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 90 Pages - 03/10/2020 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Christopher Crowley (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Chantier family and friends to unlock
- Amazing graphics
- Most addictive
- English (Publication Language)
Last Update : 2021-04-17