Many people like cars with a sunroof, moonroof, or panoramic roof. There are few differences in these types.
With a moonroof, you will be able to see outside of your vehicle, but the glass part of the roof always remains in place; it is not movable. With a sunroof, besides seeing the outside, you will be able to get a bit of a breeze. But a Panoramic roof can give you the best and more expansive view. With this type of roof, you will enjoy the outside view from both the front and the rear seats.
Can You Put a Roof Box on a Panoramic Roof?
Yes, it is possible to install a roof box on a Panoramic Roof. But you have to safely mount roof bars to your roof before installing the roof box. If you have secure roof bars, then mounting a roof box on the roof of your car will not cause any problem. But we recommend you check the vehicle’s user manual before installing a roof box or any other thing on the roof of your car.
Panoramic Roofs and Rooftop Carriers:
Adding a rooftop cargo carrier on a panoramic roof depends on the car. But installing a roof box on top of your panoramic roof without any roof rack or crossbar is not a good idea. It can damage your car and can cause you some costly repairs.
So if you really want to add a rooftop cargo carrier on the panoramic roof, you have to install a good quality roof rack first. Then you can choose the roof box that is perfect for your needs. Moreover, the manufacturers that make high-quality rooftop carriers (such as Thule, Yakima, and others) recommend that you never open your roof while the carrier is attached.
Most companies also recommend special roof racks designed especially for panoramic roofs because roof racks with standard design will not cope with the panoramic roofs.
So before buying a roof cargo box, you should always check with the roof box manufacturer because all boxes will not fit with every type of roof. So we recommend you to check with the manufacturer first and ensure that the roof box you are going to buy is compatible with the panoramic roof.
If you are researching about roof boxes, you should look for ones that specifically can be attached to vehicles with panoramic views. Moreover, you should only look for roof boxes and not roof bags. Because after loading things in a roof bag, it might tend to drop down onto the glass portion of the roof and damage it.
But if you add a roof cargo box on top of the roof rack, it won’t drop down after keeping stuff inside the box. So you do not have to worry about your Panoramic Roof being damaged.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best roof cargo boxes for your car. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Best Overall – Thule Motion XT
– Best Compact Design – Thule Sidekick Cargo Box
– Best Aerodynamic Design – Yakima RocketBox Pro
OverView of best Cargo Box for Panoramic Roof
If you are looking for a high-quality roof box for the panoramic roof, we recommend you choose roof boxes from top brands. It means a company that specializes in making top quality roof boxes for all types of vehicles.
So here you are going to see some good quality roof box for your panoramic roof. We hope that it will help you in choosing the perfect roof box for you.
Yakima RocketBox Pro Rooftop Cargo Box
The first option of this list comes from the Yakima. This roof box comes with 11 cubic feet of storage space. It comes with an aerodynamic design so that you can enjoy a very smooth, quiet ride.
This roof box is secured with push-button security that makes it easier to open and shut the box. You can get access to this box from both the passenger and driver side. So you will be able to load easily and unload your stuff from this box. It is compatible with most of the aftermarket roof racks. It even comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
JEGS Rooftop Cargo Box
This JEGS Rooftop Cargo Box comes with 18 cubic feet of storage space and 110 lbs. weight carrying capacity. You will be able to carry everything from luggage to snowboards with this roof box.
This roof box from JEGS does not require any tools to get installed. It comes with great size and sturdiness, and it also comes with affordable pricing. You can get this box for just under $200.
The JEGS cargo box can provide you with a very smooth and quiet ride. Moreover, you can also go skiing and fishing with it. The build quality of this box is so good. So it will easily last for many years.
Goplus Waterproof Cargo Box
This sleek and sharp-looking rooftop cargo box comes with 14 cubic feet of storage space. It is available in various colors, including white, black, and grey. This roof box is weatherproof. So it will last for a very long time whether you use it in any extreme weather conditions.
In terms of safety, this roof box comes with a double-lock system that keeps your valuable stuff safe while you’re traveling.
This roof box’s weight carrying capacity is up to 165 lbs. It comes with a unique, modern, and beautiful design. So after installing it on top of your panoramic roof, it will add some ambiance to your vehicle.
Thule Pulse Rooftop Cargo Box
This roof box is from one of the most famous roof cargo box manufacturers Thule. It comes with an aerodynamic design. This roof box looks so sleek. It is made out of high-quality, tough materials. It is easy to install and remove.
It comes with an advanced key system that keeps your items safe inside the box during the journey. Moreover, this Thule box can give access from the passenger side so that you can safely load and unload stuff from the box.
Thule is a top brand that makes one of the best quality carrier bags and boxes, and Thule Pulse Rooftop Carrier Box is one of the most reliable rooftop carriers on the market today.
Thule Motion XT Rooftop Carrier
This roof box is also from Thule. The Thule Motion XT is available in many sizes. But the biggest variant comes with 22 cubic feet of storage space. So you will be able to carry anything you want with this cargo carrier.
It is available in black, white, and grey colors. It is very easy to install and user friendly. It comes with easy-grip handles that make it easier to open and close the box.
The Motion XT’s weight carrying capacity is 165 lbs. it also comes with a dual side opening to easily access the box and load and unload things faster.
The carrier is one of the most durable, sturdy roof boxes available in the market. So it will easily last for several years.
SportRack Vista XL Cargo Box
This rooftop carrier box comes with 18 cubic feet of storage space. You can get access to the inside of the box from the rear. You will be able to carry anything with this roof box, including luggage, snowboards.
This cargo box is UV-resistant. It comes with the hard build quality, so it will easily last for a very long time whether you carry a lot of things with it.
It comes with a mounting that makes it very easy to install. You can get this roof box for under $390. It is compatible with most vehicles.
SportRack Skyline XL Cargo Carrier
The Skyline XL also comes with a mounting kit. So it is very easy to assemble and install.
This roof box opens from the passenger side so that you can safely load and unload things from it. This cargo box is also locked with a key lock so that you do not have to worry about your stuff’s security inside the box.
The Skyline XL is compatible with various weather conditions. So you do not have to worry about your items inside the box getting wet while driving in any extreme weather conditions.
Thule Sidekick Cargo Carrier
It is the third and last option from Thule. The weight carrying capacity for this roof box is up to 75 lbs. you can get this roof box for a little under $300.
The Thule Sidekick Cargo Carrier comes with an aerodynamically attractive, durable, and robust design. It looks so good on top of my vehicle.
It is very easy to install, and it comes with everything you need to install it properly. It can give you access from the passenger side. It is available in grey color which nicely blends with the color of your car.
Car Top Cargo Storage Box
This is a strong rooftop carrier box. It comes with 18 cubic feet of storage space. It weighs less than 40 pounds.
It comes with a sleek design. This is a solidly built roof cargo box. So it will last for many years.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller Rooftop Cargo Box List:
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
- SECURE & PROTECT YOUR GEAR in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell car top cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- WATERPROOF STORAGE FOR YOUR LUGGAGE with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- EASY & CONVENIENT LOADING AND UNLOADING from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED, EASY ASSEMBLY AND INSTALLATION. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- MADE IN USA, LIMITED LIFETIME GUARANTEE. The JEGS Rooftop Cargo Carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
- ▶️ Heavy Duty ABS Plastic Construction
- ▶️ Overall Dimensions: 53" L x 34" W x 15" H
- ▶️ Opens to 14" Wide to Store Bulky Items
- ▶️ Capacity: 10 cu. ft.
- ▶️ Opens from the Side and Stays Open Til you Close It
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 inch
- External dimensions: 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches | Internal dimensions: 84.5 x 33 x 16 inches
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards
- Load capacity: 165 pounds | Product Weight: 55 pounds
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Rugged construction made from impact resistant ABS material
- Quick release attachment kit included for easy installation and removal
- Passenger side opening for access away from traffic
- Fits sport rack roof rack systems, square, round and most factory racks (check fit guide)
- Holds 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 210 cm) or 2-3 snowboards
- Cross Bars: Aluminum Bar Construction; ABS Plastic Mounting Brackets
- Cargo Box: Heavy Duty ABS Plastic Construction
- Capacity: 12 cu. ft. / Dimensions: 68" L x 31" W x 16" H
- Opens to 14. 75" Wide to Store Bulky Items
- Opens from the Side and Stays Open Till you Close It
- Full trunk access with minimal risk of contact with the cargo box, thanks to its forward position on the vehicle roof
- Easy to mount thanks to the PowerClick quick-mount system. The integrated torque indicator clicks when it’s properly mounted, ensuring fast and secure fitting
- Reinforced lid makes for a smooth, effortless dual-sided opening and closing
- An elegant, sporty design with seamless integration of the lid and the base that adds a distinctive look to any car
- A premium interior with integrated lighting and a felt-lined base for increased gear protection that enhances the user experience
- One of the top cargo boxes available due to its safety and quality of materials. Compatible with all roof carriers.
- Mounts safely and quickly to roof bar slots with standard 20 mm T-System screws or an universal fitting system is available.
- Max load of 165 lbs or 75 kg
- Duo means the box can open from both sides
- Capacity of 500 liters/132 gallons/17.6 cubic feet
- OEM Style Cross Bars: Aluminum Bar Construction; Connects to Factory Roof Rails
- Cargo Box: Heavy Duty ABS Plastic Construction
- Overall Dimensions: 67" L x 30" W x 13" H
- Opens from the Side and Stays Open Til you Close It
- Includes Mounting Hardware & (2) Keys
You May Also Like…
- The 6 Best Rooftop Cargo Boxes
- The 5 Best Thule Bike Racks
- Best Allen Bike Racks
- The 6 Best Thule Cargo Box
- Best Yakima Cargo Boxes – Review & Expert’s Guide
Last Update : 2021-07-10