The Buick Encore is a luxury crossover subcompact SUV built by General Motors since 2012. The Buick Encore is a beautiful small luxury SUV with plenty of cargo space. It can hold up to 48 cu ft, but please invest in a well-made roof box if you plan on traveling often.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Buick Encore Roof Boxes. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Force XT Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Amazon Basics Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bag
– Best Value for Money – Sportrack Vista XL Cargo Box
The design of the Encore’s roof allows for most modern car boxes, but we have researched and chosen the design of the Encore’s roof that allows you to fit most modern roof boxes. But we have done our research and recommend the following cargo boxes that match the elegance of this vehicle.
Many roof boxes are available in different sizes. The number of cubic feet is being used in measuring the size of the roof cargo boxes. The smallest roof box size is nine cubic feet, and they can be as large as 22 cubic feet or more. You can choose the size of your wish. The size suitable for you depends mostly on the amount and size of the items you want to carry with your roof cargo box.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Buick Encore Roof Storage:
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is its ability to provide extra storage space for carrying lots of cargo. Roof cargo boxes are compatible with most vehicle designs and are made from durable materials. Most roof cargo boxes also protect against water damage, making them even more appealing in areas that experience inclement weather.
A roof cargo box for a car comes with some disadvantages, affecting the fuel economy in certain types of cars and lowering the available battery range if you drive an electric car. Still, this is more than compensated by all of its benefits, including increased storage space and protection from inclement weather.
Best Buick Encore Roof Cargo Boxes:
1. Thule Force XT Cargo Box
Suppose you would like more extra load space for your traveling equipment, snowboards, skiing equipment, or other baggage. In that case, it’s deserving considering buying a rooftop box. One of the most effective cargo boxes available in the shops is the Thule Force XT Cargo Box. It comes in a very smart black design that adds a beautiful look to your vehicle.
This model is a superb choice if you’re trying to find the most effective rooftop cargo carrier. It’s available in a various number of sizes. It’s available in 13 cubic feet capacities, 11 cubic feet, likewise as 17 cubic feet. This can allow users with different luggage bearing capacities must select the model that most closely fits them. Thule Force XT Cargo Box is one of the most reliable products in most online shops that sell cargo boxes.
- Thule Force XT roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- Aerodynamic shape and the diamond-textured covering on the lid of the roof box help to mount back drag.
- You will be on the road in a quick time, without any extra tools, because QuickGrip installing system comes pre-installed. This system is mounted on the round and square crossbars, and most factory racks join with a one-handed movement.
- Both-side openings let you access your things from both sides of the box.
- The locking system gives an outer lock-assist knob that’s simple to use; a built-in feature symbolizes the key can only be separated after sealed the box properly.
- A user-friendly locking system includes an oversize key; a lock does locate on both sides of the box, and each lock originates with a couple of keys.
- A bit costly but deserving each cent.
- There is some mileage problem. About 3-5 miles per gallon call fuel consumption rate.
- Installing the Thule Force XT could also be easy, but taking it off maybe a little bit of a pain by a minimum of one person.
- An oversized, versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
2. YAKIMA RocketBox Pro
Yakima RocketBox Pro Rooftop Cargo Box may be a good cargo box that may easily be positioned on all cars. If you’re searching for a budget-friendly box for your luxurious car, it’s going to be the correct option for you. It’s some standard features, and therefore the built optimized the planning to get more performances. It’s excellent in terms of design and quality. The simplest thing about the Rocketbox is its easy installation. The cargo roof box is extremely transferable to any or all cars. Especially, small cars can use it without fear of size difficulties. The aerodynamic design decreases the mounting tool for moving and forwarding, and therefore there aren’t any troubles to use it.
Unfortunately, many users are disappointed with how it performed compared to the different boxes. The Rocketbox looks are moderately average. It’s a touch of a bulbous shape that doesn’t look individually streamlined. This box is one of the smallest amounts of expensive contenders within the roof box market. You’ll get what you procure, which is that the lower building quality. If you maintain it carefully, the low price for the additional cargo-carrying capability should be worthwhile.
- Comfortable controlling, central locking system; built-in Same Key System lock centers help maintain your properties safely.
- Dual-side opening facilitates access to your gear; the box rises with a push-button for most simple use.
- The aerodynamic shape adds to your Yakima car-top rack. That’s why your gears inside the box stay in perfect position.
- The box fits with most of the factory bars, such as Yakima Whispbar racks, square, round bars, and others.
- It is created from up to 80% recovered ABS plastic; eloquent, levered arms help the side-opening cover for simple packing.
- The flat base is that the most ingenious design for adjusting both small and wide crossbar spreads.
- No tools are required to install the box.
- You can find the Yakima RocketBox Pro of 11, 12, and 14 cubic feet.
There is nothing to bother about it except its durability. But it can be ignored due to its low price.
- Aerodynamic design to reduce drag with forward mounting hardware for improved hatch clearance making it great for small vehicles
- Perfect for SUVs, trucks and wagons; Quick-dial mounting hardware fits round, square, factory and most aerodynamic bars; Hauls gear for up to 3 campers
- Dual-sided opening and push button security allow easy access on either side of your vehicle and ensure your lid is secure and your gear is safe with included SKS lock cores
- Love it 'Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Ideal for wagons and SUVs in need of added storage space, the RocketBox Pro 14 installs easily and works with a variety of factory bars so you always have extra room when you're on the go
3. Thule Sonic Cargo Box
Suppose you’re interested in driving cargo in your car which too during a safe and complicated way, then it is sensible to travel certain a well-chosen and well-thought way, Thule cargo box that would fit snugly on the highest of your Buick Encore. Amongst the varied options available within the market, there are causes to believe that choosing Thule Sonic Cargo Box wouldn’t be a bad idea. This smooth, classy-looking design is top-notch at a low price. It’s an awfully solid lid that creates it simple to open and shut, and users adore it due to how easy the mounting hardware is to put in. The Sonic is one of the quietest roof boxes we tested, and we barely noticed it on the highway till we got beyond speeds of 70 MPH.
Though it’s quite small and compressed, it’s quite acceptable as far as storing capability is not for worried. In fact, it can hold plenty of material for a group of 4. In many cases, the box has been ready to accommodate three duffel bags. Further, it’s also completely waterproof within the true sense of the term.
- Thule Sonic XL roof box can contain 6 – 8 pairs of skis or 4 – 6 snowboards.
- It is also totally waterproof and may withstand an affordable amount of drenching.
- It also incorporates a very useful and user-friendly storing and unloading feature. This makes it possible to require out belonging from the perimeters of the cargo box without having to descend them.
- The mounting method clicks after you arrive at the optimal hold so that you will be on the road in seconds; it will be mounted on the square and round crossbars and most factory racks.
- The face of the cargo box features a registered AeroNose design that’s pointed; therefore, the box cuts through the air, helping to cut back drag and noise.
- The locking system features an external lock-assist knob that’s comfortable to use; a built-in feature means the key can only be separated when the box is fully closed.
There is nothing very severely improper with this roof box. However, some consideration needs to be utilized when opening the cargo box on the move. Each side should never be opened at the same time. This is often a flaw if one would like to think about it.
- Patented AeroNose Design cuts through the air and reduces drag and noise
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- Oversized SecureLock ensures the box is closed securely and properly prior to driving
- Dual-Side Opening for loading/unloading from either side of the vehicle
4. Sportrack Vista XL Cargo Box
The SportRack SR7018 Vista XL is a superb cargo box for driving without breeze noise. It’s sturdy and comes in an aerodynamic form allowing the wind to glide smoothly. It’s pretty simple to install on any crossbars. It’s a good option for packing your items when traveling distant and needs sufficient space in your Buick Encore. It’s waterproof and might be protected, keeping all materials safe and secure. The rear opening enables quick entrance far away from the traffic, while the quick-release mounting system provides quicker evacuation.
The SportRack can install right out of the box, saving us many time and energy. This box works by a U-bolt mounting system similar and is incredibly easy to gather all equipment and install. Though requiring the strong, ergonomic grip of the top-rated products, the Vista XL is surprisingly smooth to open and shut. The lid overlaps the underside of the box enough to create a reasonably efficient grip, and you may never have difficulty latching it perfectly. Normally you’ll get what you purchase in this cargo box. While much less visualization than the top-rated boxes, we predict an irregular user would attain value during this box at a fraction of the value of costly boxes.
- SportRack Vista cargo box could be a large cupboard space for your car, and also, the loading capacity is 100 lbs.
- You can instantly construct it on top of your car within minutes without any difficulty because the roof box fits most factory crossbars.
- This box could be a compound of high-quality ABS materials, and it’s durable, waterproof, UV-resistant, and sturdy.
- When required with a rare and unique rear-opening feature, straightforward access enables you to open the roof box from its rear.
- The locks appear not the most effective quality; they provide a reliable and safe lock.
- It can create whistling at high speeds, but its noise levels are quiet compared to other cargo boxes within the market.
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
5. Thule Vector Roof Box
Car roof boxes are around for quite a while now, and it’s an ever-growing demand, which makes it more and tougher to grasp what to shop for and the way to induce value for money. Thule Vector roof boxes are long-lasting, hard-shelled cargo boxes that attach to your Buick Encore roof. These handy products are created to resolve a huge range of storage requirements while making road-tripping easier and convenient for you and your travelers. From camp stoves to snowboards, deck benches, to fly rods, there’s a Thule storage box for almost all styles of luggage or outdoor equipment.
Thule’s Vector roof boxes are intended to accommodate almost any outdoor equipment you need, long and thin for skis and fishing rods to big and hulking for all of your camping and outdoor gear. Thule roof storage boxes are known for their safety, strength, and sturdiness. The box is built from five layers of super-strong, automotive-grade acrylic, often used for molding applications thanks to its lightweight and impact resistance.
- A classic, sporty figure with a seamless mixture of the cover and for that the base that can adjust with any particular looks of the car
- The strengthened lid offers a sleek, simple both-sided opening and closing
- Adds a Thule roof box lid cover to provide protection from cuts and dirt at the time of storage
- Sidelock system with separate locking and opening functions that helps to automatically locks the cover in situ and ensure that the box is closed securely
- Double side opening for simple access from either side of the vehicle
- Comfortable installing process because of the Power Click quick-install system. The combined torque indicator clicks when it’s accurately positioned, assuring quick and stable fitting
- Easy access to the full box with minimum danger of any engagement with the cargo box because of its front position on the vehicle roof
- Containing Thule Box Lid Cover to safeguard the carrier from marks and mud during accommodation
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
6. Amazon Basics Rooftop Cargo Carrier Bag
Sometimes it gets difficult for even large car owners to manage enough space for their fifth or sixth suitcase. Folding rear seats to increase cargo area isn’t always a choice with a full capacity of passengers. It would work great for this situation to have a lightweight cargo carrier leash to the top of your Buick Encore, contain big items, and fold away when it is not necessary, unlike rooftop boxes.
Amazon brings its AmazonBasics Rooftop Cargo bag can contain about 15 cu ft at a reasonable price. AmazonBasics rooftop cargo bag is created out of thick vinyl. There are eight straps for a few extra safeties toward buffering the wind or consumption from regular use. This bag needs a minimum of roof bars but would be better added to crossbars or inside a cargo basket. The bands are intended to rotate around the vehicle’s side rails or crossbars and adjust individually via buckles. One negative side is that the zipper may be locked, but the bag can’t be secured to the roof. However, the underside layer could be a bit thin, and there needs more stuffing.
- Amazon Rooftop cargo carrier bag 15 cu ft storage space.
- Its weight is about 4.7-pounds, which is simpler to fold
- 8 pushover straps with fasteners for a straightforward link to a vehicle’s carrier
- Fasteners unsnap for more simplistic access to cargo while added to the roof.
- Fade-resistant for cover against dust, sun, wind, and rain
- Strengthened by an Amazon Basics one-year short warranty.
- Oversized zipper closing with stay-dry covers; solid stitching; folds for small storage.
- It needs roof bars, crossbars, or another rack system, sort of a cargo container.
- The AmazonBasics rooftop cargo bag isn’t properly waterproof, though it can resist water for a limited time.
- No pad or other non-slip measures added on the underside of the bag
- Rooftop cargo carrier bag with 15-cubic-foot storage capacity
- 8 cinch straps with buckles for easy connection to a vehicle’s roof rack
- Waterproof and fade-resistant for protection against dust, sun, wind, and rain
- Oversized zipper closure with stay-dry flaps; strong seams; folds for compact storage; storage bag/carrying case included
- Backed by an Amazon Basics one-year limited warranty
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Buick Encore Roof Box:
There are many types of roof cargo boxes on the market to choose from. Keeping in mind the following things will help you find one that is best for your Buick Encore:
- How easy is the box to attach?
- How can you find your things in it?
- Is the box big enough?
- Is the locking system secure?
- Is the box durable enough?
- Do you have enough storage space in it?
- Is it waterproof?
- What will you do with your roof box when not using it?
- Is the lid designed to open easily?
- Aerodynamics of the box
The Buick Encore is a beautiful SUV that has been designed to be family-friendly. With the products listed above, you can trust that you will have adequate storage space when traveling next time.
When you go to buy a roof box, you will see thousands of options. But you have to choose a roof box that is perfect for you. Whenever you go on any trip, you want to enjoy freedom. And you may know that space is all about choice, so you have to make a perfect decision about buying your roof box. And after choosing an ideal roof box, you will be able to enjoy your trip perfectly.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-27