I used to always be a car man until a couple of years ago when I acquired my first truck! Things have changed since then. Of course, I will always like a nice sports vehicle, but it’s impossible to go beyond the utility and functionality of a pickup truck.
Plus, with a strong V8 under the hood, you can’t top the exhaust note. Having the truck bed in the rear provides you with many alternatives for what you can use it for. Hauling dirt, camping, hauling tools from and to job sites, and so much more.
However, the one negative is that it merely gets tough to order the bed! What happens when you need to carry many tools yet still need to transport a dirt bike. What happens when you don’t want items rolling about in the back but can’t keep them in the cab.
That is where truck bed organizers come into play! Here is the greatest that I have discovered.
Decked Bed Organizers
- DECKED SYSTEMS NOW INCLUDE ACCESSORIES: ONE Desert Tan D-Box, ONE Desert Tan CrossBox, TWO Wide Dividers, & ONE Drawerganizer. Additional DECKED accessories are available to purchase but are NOT included: locks with keys, Core Trax, T-Tracks, D-Bag, additional dividers, and additional boxes. All of these accessories can be installed or fully integrated into the DECKED System. Most truck racks work with DECKED storage systems as long as they’re not installed in the first 12" of the truck bed.
- EASY TO INSTALL OR REMOVE: Our DECKED system fits Ford F150 2004-2014 models. This model is designed for a truck bed that’s 5’6” long. Initial installation period can take up to 2 or 3 hours using common hand tools. After assembling the storage system for the first time, it takes about 15 minutes to remove or re-install the DECKED system in the bed of your truck. DECKED is compatible with spray-in liners and most bed rugs but is NOT compatible with drop-in plastic liner bed liners.
- 2000-POUND DECK LOAD RATING: Maximize the utility of your truck bed by creating segmented storage allowing you to store tools, gear, and other essentials in full bed-length drawers and carry heavy loads on the deck. The DECKED storage system increases the surface area of the truck bed, creating a flat, usable surface above the wheel wells. System can hold a load up to 2000 lbs, distributed evenly.
- WEATHERPROOF & SECURE DRAWERS: DECKED keeps your tools, gear, and other items stored in drawers. DECKED drawers are weatherproof and will protect contents from car washes and normal environmental challenges. Drawers are not airtight, allowing small amounts of anything airborne, like mist or dust, into the drawers. Drawers lock with an optional keyed lock accessory, securing the contents inside.
- MADE TO LAST: Made in the USA from recycled High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) co-molded to a steel metal subframe, our tough truck and van storage systems are built to withstand extreme weather elements and intense UV light exposure. We offer a durable, rugged weatherproof system. Your work is tough, so we’ve created the DECKED storage system with strength and durability you can rely on.
There is no doubt that this firm is the most severe of all the bed organizers that I have come across. There are a lot of drawers at the bottom of the bed, and there is a lot of flat space on top for other goods you would typically transport, such as dirt bikes and bicycles and other stuff like wood and rubbish, and so on, you know, truck things.
Other bed organizers tend to take up a portion of the bed’s length and breadth (and even works with a Tonneau cover), while DECKED takes up a portion of the bed’s depth, which isn’t a major worry for the vast majority of users. They also offer bed organizers for modern vehicles, such as the Gladiator, that are available.
Cabela’s Wheel-Well Box
If you don’t need to go to extremes with your organizing, this wheel-well box is a fantastic solution. The organizer is designed to fit into the empty area between the tailgate and the wheel well, converting it into a storage box.
You may swing it out to you whenever you require access and open the lid with one swift motion. With a price tag of less than $100, it’s as simple to get and use as it is to install.
Truxedo Expedition All Truck Luggage
- Bed organizer/Cargo sling - Full Size Trucks
- Easy Installation, No Drilling. NOTE: The Expedition will fit any truck inside with width measurements of 57 3/8" or wider.
- Commercial Grade Fabric
- Heavy-Duty Weather Resistant Construction
- Removes in seconds without tools
Truxedo is a fantastic brand that produces some fantastic things! At the moment, I’m driving around with one of their bed coverings on my truck.
They also include a fantastic bed organizer as a bonus! To put it simply, it extends over the width of the bed and provides a soft chamber within the bed to prevent stuff from rolling about. It might be the ideal solution for individuals who want temporary and removable storage in their truck bed at an affordable price.
UnderCover SwingCase Toolbox
- Fits 1999 - 2014 Ford F-150 Drivers Side
- TRUCK BED COVER COMPATIBLE ; The UnderCover SwingCase maintains a 3-inch clearance from the truck bed and works with virtually all tonneau covers: soft, hard, folding, and rolling
- ULTIMATE ACCESSIBILITY ; This toolbox swings out nearly 180° towards you for easy access from the tailgate and swings back into a locking position over the wheel well for maximum bed access
- SECURE STORAGE SOLUTION ; The SwingCase has a key-lockable lid and can hold up to 75 lbs. of cargo. It features an organizational tray, as well as a moisture seal to help keep contents dry and protected against the elements
Avoiding drab, dreary, and depressing colors for your truck bed has never been more simple or cost-effective. SwingCase is a multi-functional item that allows you to gain access to your storage space without having to crawl inside.
It isn’t enjoyable to juggle large goods such as camping gear while battling with the rear of the vehicle’s tailgate. Allows you to get access from any direction by simply pulling out or swinging over!
This sleek hard tonneau is supported by three spring-assisted hinges that can handle up to 150 pounds each, and it can even stand upright on its own!
Cabela’s Weatherproof Truck/Cargo Box
An excellent alternative to the traditional toolbox that is found in most pickup trucks! Unlike a hard-sided, heavy-duty toolbox, it is a soft-sided version of the same thing you are already familiar with. When not in use, it may be folded up and stored in a small space.
Better Built Crossover Two Lid Truck Tool Box
- 70IN CROSSOVER CLASSIC SINGLE LID NARROW, LO-PROFILE TRUCK TOOL BOX
- Assembled product dimensions (L x W x H) 72.00 x 15.00 x 18.00 Inches.The narrow design allows for more room in the bed of your truck, taking up only 12 inches of front to back space
- Continuous aluminum piano hinge
Of course, if none of the solutions listed above appeal to you, you may always fall back on the tried and true toolbox that you see everywhere! So many people use it, and it is heavy-duty and sturdy and is visually appealing and functional. Walmart provides a fantastic choice in the form of the reasonably priced Better Built series.
TruXedo – Truck Luggage Saddle Bag
- Fits any open-rail truck bed
- Interior Organizer Pockets
- Exterior Pockets for Easy Access
- Completely Portable; Easy To Remove
- Weather Resistant
This TruXedo wheel well bed organizer is based on the same concept as the other wheel well bed organizers previously mentioned on this list. Its key point of differentiation is the way it is styled with soft sides. It appears to be of high quality and should be quite functional!
Body Armor Roof Rack
While this is only applicable to mid-size vehicles such as the Tacoma, I am aware that there are similar options available for full-size trucks.
This Body Armor roof rack is designed to be mounted on the rear of the truck bed, over the top of the bed. In addition to providing enough room for all of the many items you may need to connect to it, it also allows you to make use of the available space within your truck bed.
I want one of these… badly.
It’s critical to keep your truck organized at all times! No one wants their tools to be tossed around in the bed of their truck, and no one wants them to be unable to stow anything they need in the vehicle.
Hopefully, you will agree that they are the greatest truck organizers that I have come across so far. Perhaps a bull bar will be installed next.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-01-14