The Ford Escape is a fantastic car with a unique look and it has a good amount of storage. But when you are going on a road trip with your family or friend you need some extra space. You can increase the storage area by installing a roof box on your car. A roof box doubles as an ideal place to store luggage for trips and also other long journeys.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the best roof cargo boxes for Ford Escape. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Vector Rooftop Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
With a roof cargo box, you can carry more stuff full of safety. Moreover, roof boxes are available in different sizes that are suitable for your car. So we are here with a list of the best roof cargo boxes for your Ford Escape.
Here, You will see the 7 best roof cargo boxes on this list. And every one of them will work great with your Ford Escape, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
Roof Box Advantage & Disadvantage
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide the waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Ford Escape Roof Cargo Box Storage Systems:
1. Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT is a perfect example of a sleek, aerodynamic, modern roof box. According to its size and storage capacity, it is perfect. For this fantastic combination, the Thule Motion XT is one of today’s best roof boxes.
You can get this roof box unit in both 16-foot and 22-foot. And its interior dimensions are 79 x 31.5 x 15. The 22-foot long variant is the more extended variant for roof boxes; it will be easy to fit safely on large vehicle roofs.
As we mentioned before, this box can give you access to both sides. So it will be easy to load or unload anything in it without any trouble. Also, you can use it in unfavorable weather conditions easily. It can easily stay in place when the weather is wet or snowy because it has a superior grip system.
It is so handy and easy to use. And it is available with an easy mounting system. With its mounting system, you will be able to install this roof box within five minutes. Also, it’s sturdy and functional with a locking system. If you accidentally leave your roof box unlocked, that locking system can keep your roof box secured. It has a smooth and aesthetic design.
The Thule Motion XT can bear 165 lbs. without any problem. In terms of safety, It is compatible with the One Key System, making it much easier to lock your roof box and keep your stuff safe. If you want to go on trips frequently with your roof box, then this one could be an excellent choice for you.
Some of the other attractive advantages featured by Thule Motion XT are:
- A glossy white and black finish
- A lightweight fiberglass body
- Robust construction helps to keep your stuff safe.
- Enough storage space for an average of five to seven skis or three to five snowboards
The Thule Motion XT will cost you nearly $800. But remember that; you will get what you are paying for, one of the best quality roof boxes. Moreover, you will carry skis or anything this kind of long stuff with this roof box.
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
- Full trunk access and no roof box contact
- Lid automatically locks in place and indicates a secure closure (One Key System compatible)
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards
- External dimensions: 84.5 x 36 x 17 inches; Internal dimensions: 79 x 31.5 x 15 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product Weight: 46 lbs
2. Thule Vector Roof Box
The Thule Vector is an elegant, stylish design with seamless integration of the lid, and the base adds a distinctive look to any car. It is made with a smooth and aerodynamic design capable of storing up to 165lbs of gear. The Vector fits 3-5 sets of skis, has felt-lined storage, motion-activated LED lights for better visibility at night, flush-mount closure for included security, double side opening to access equipment from either side of the vehicle, and also a strengthened lid.
The sleek and also modern Thule Vector rooftop cargo box finds balance in power through function! It looks great on any type of roofline while storing and transporting things securely on top of your vehicle.
- Dual-Side Opening: The reinforced lid makes for a smooth, effortless dual-sided opening and closing.
- The rear of Vehicle Access: Full trunk gain access to with minimal danger of contact with the cargo box, thanks to its forward setting on the car roof.
- Secure SlideLock System: The SlideLock system with different locking and opening features automatically secures the lid in place and shows when the box is closed securely.
- PowerClick Quick-Mount System: Easy to install to the PowerClick quick-mount system. The integrated torque indicator clicks when it’s correctly installed, ensuring quick and protection suitably.
- Premium Interior: A premium interior with integrated lighting and a felt-lined base for increased gear protection enhances the user experience.
- Built-in LED-Light: A white-colored interior of the lid combined with a LED light facilitates loading and unloading at night.
- A sleek, aerodynamic cargo box with premium features that compliments the styling of modern vehicles
- Fits 3-5 pairs of skis (up to 200 cm in length)/3-4 snowboards
- Premium felt-lined interior base for increased protection of gear
- Bright, motion-activated LED lights and white interior allow for visibility during nighttime use
- Exclusive flush-mount closure and reinforced lid provides effortless, dual-side opening and closing
- Thule SlideLock system automatically locks the lid in place and shows that the box is closed securely
- Installs in minutes with tool-free, quick-mount system ("clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted)
- Included Thule Box Lid Cover protects the box from scratches and dust in storage
- External dimensions: 91 x 35 x 12.5 inches; Internal dimensions: 80.5 x 25.2 x 11 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product weight: 65.9 lbs
3. INNO Shadow Cargo Box:
The INNO Shadow roof box comes with a straightforward mounting system. So the mounting system for this roof box is very easy on your Subaru Outback.
When you are in a hurry, you don’t have to worry about your stuff’s safety because they will be fully secured in your box. The base construction of this roof box is unique. And it is much lighter and stronger than regular boxes. So this could be a better option for the Subaru Outback.
The design of this roof box is aerodynamic and can easily resist air. With this sleek design, you will be able to enjoy MPG. Moreover, there is enough storage space to keep all of your needy stuff when going on a family trip. You can carry up to two surfing board or eight skis.
This INNO Shadow comes with a safety lock system to keep your stuff secured from the thief, so you don’t have to worry about the security of your property.
Some other exciting features of this INNO Shadow cargo box has:
- Universal memory mounting system
- One-hand opening
- User-friendly locking mechanism
- Only weighs 42 pounds
- 11 cubic feet of additional space
No products found.
4. Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box:
The sleek design of this box makes it one of the most aerodynamic roof boxes on the market. The aerodynamic design helps it to reduce drag and noise.
Not only this roof box is exceptionally aerodynamic, but also it can carry up to 110 pounds at a time. So if you want to pack a lot of items in your roof cargo box when you are going on a trip with your family or friends, then this roof cargo box could be an excellent option for you.
The rear-angled base and the expanded mounting points make the installation process very easy for this roof cargo box. Moreover, these also help you to get access to this box quickly. These also don’t make any problem in opening the door of the trunk of your car.
This box’s mounting system makes a click sound if you connect this roof cargo box with your Honda Odyssey correctly to ensure that your roof cargo box is secured and let you know that you are ready to ride.
- Patented AeroNose Design reduces drag and noise making it the most aerodynamic box available.Load capacity 110 lb
- Reinforced Ultra-Thick Lid and Base for maximum durability
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- Integrated Light for nighttime loading and unloading
5. Yakima Showcase Cargo Box:
The Yakima Showcase Cargo Box comes in various sizes starting from 15 cubic feet, and the largest size is 20 cubic feet. But every unit of this roof cargo box comes with the same build quality. The build quality of this box is excellent, and it can keep your stuff safe inside the box.
This Yakima roof box can give you an excellent roof clearance on your Honda Odyssey. So you don’t have to worry about your roof of the car being damaged. The metal clamps and very soft molded finish of this box keep your roof safe from being damaged.
The design of this roof box is aerodynamic, and it helps you to get a good fuel economy.
This roof cargo box can give you access from both sides. Its dual-side opening makes it easier to load and unload things from it. This cargo box is very durable also.
No products found.
6. Thule Pulse Roof Box
If you want to go on snowboarding and want to carry your snowboards and skis or go on trips with your family, Thule Pulse is a great roof box for you. So you don’t have to pay some extra money to rent anything.
It can easily accommodate three to five snowboards without any problem. This box is secured with the central locking system, and you can only remove the key when the box is closed and locked correctly.
It is made from textured ABS material, and this box can protect your stuff when you are on the road. So, you don’t have to worry about your item’s security.
The lid of this roof box opens on the passenger side so you can get access to this roof box without being in danger of standing closed to traffic.
- Rugged and durable design is long-lasting and keeps contents protected during transit.
- Fast and secure fitting using only one hand due to FastGrip quick-mount system that assembles in moments.
- Passenger-side opening for easier loading and unloading.
- The central locking system provides maximum safety. The grip-friendly Thule Comfort key can only be removed if all locking points are securely closed.
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 14 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
- Thule Comfort Key can only be removed when all locking points are securely closed
- Fits 3-5 snowboards (max length: 155 cm)
- External dimensions: 67 x 35 x 16 inches; Internal dimensions: 61 x 33 x 14 inches
- Load capacity: 110 lbs; Product weight: 34 lbs
- Height off crossbar: 16 inches. Fast and secure mounting
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Roof Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Ford Escape, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box
- How you can access your contents
- The size of the box
- How secure the box is
- The durability of the box
- Security of the locking system
- Amount of storage space
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it
- If it’s waterproof
- Aerodynamics of the box
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily
If you want the best rooftop cargo Box for your Ford Escape, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof carriers, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
After deciding, pick the perfect roof cargo box from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2023-12-01