Thule Roof Boxes are generally worth the investment for individuals seeking high-quality and durable storage solutions for their vehicles. These boxes offer excellent functionality, weather resistance, and a reputable brand, making them a popular choice among outdoor enthusiasts and travelers.
Are Thule Roof Boxes Worth It?
So, you’re talking about roof cargo boxes but you don’t want to give any damn about Thule roof cargo boxes?! Really?! How dare you?! The truth is it’s pretty impossible to talk about roof boxes while skipping Thule. They are certainly the top-notch brand for roof boxes.
Besides, this Swedish company has been manufacturing roof boxes and other car-related accessories since 1948.
Thule is one of the most expensive brands. During its long journey, they’ve drawn immense popularity worldwide. Nevertheless, despite their vast achievement, people still doubt them. They fear the worthiness of Thule boxes!
This article will discuss everything you need to know about Thule roof cargo boxes. Let’s go –
Are Thule Roof Boxes Worth It?
Do you have an addiction to making long journeys frequently with your loved and close ones? Very well! So, it’s definite that you need a solid roof box. Hence, Thule is the best answer to it. Whether you talk about design, testing, safety, or any other measurement, there’s basically no comparison of Thule.
They are second to none. But, if you still doubt Thule roof cargo boxes, keep reading our article till the end! We are convinced that you’ll find the answer.
Types of Thule Roof Boxes
Approximately 19 types of Thule roof boxes are available on the market. However, they can be covered in five different formats. They are –
- Thule Vector
- Thule Motion XT
- Thule Force XT
- Thule Pulse
- Thule Sidekick
On the other hand, Thule roof boxes range from small to XX-Large size. You’ll find five types of sizes on the market. Moreover, roof cargo boxes are generally measured in cubic feet. For this reason, we’re giving you information about the different sizes Thule offers. Let’s check –
- Small – 8 and 11 cubic feet.
- Medium – 13 and 14 cubic feet.
- Large – 16 cubic feet.
- X-Large – 18 cubic feet.
- XX-Large – 22 cubic feet.
Key Features of Thule Roof Boxes
Want to know what are the critical features of Thule roof boxes? Ok. Here are those –
The mounting hardware is essential since they’re the decider of how your car will look with a roof box attached to it. Additionally, Thule roof boxes use spikes that can hold down the crossbars. It is like vice grips. These grips assist the boxes to be mounted in various styles and shapes of the bar.
Further, these grips are incredibly rigid. Since you’ll get the chance to mount in different forms, it will give you the luxury to mount most stylishly.
You can open and close the Thule roof boxes from the rear or both sides. That’s a massive advantage. You will be able to close and open from any side you want.
Many people think the shape isn’t that important thing. But, it’s wrong. Nevertheless, when it comes to aesthetical nature, the shape is mainly an essential matter. The shapes of the Thule roof boxes are superior and aristocratic. Hence, you’ll feel the true aristocracy taste with the shapes of Thule carrier boxes.
Benefits of Thule Roof Boxes
When we talk about the Thule roof boxes, we can’t count on their benefits. It’s no wonder that why it is the best in the business. Here are some core advantages of Thule carrier roof boxes –
Flexibility is such a fundamental matter of the Thule roof box. You can’t just leave it on the top side of the roof box and pick it up again when you wish! Further, you can remove it according to your wish if you want to keep another thing on the vehicle’s rooftop.
There’s a time when you could face an awkward situation due to a shortage of space in your car. For instance, you’re traveling with your whole family or friends. But, the car doesn’t have enough space to convey belongings. It will be utterly disgusting. Additionally, it’s a common scenario for small vehicles.
The Thule roof box has enough space and acts as a second trunk for the car. You don’t have to worry a bit about storage while driving it.
Aerodynamics has a massive role in the fuel efficiency of the car. If the roof carrier box is wind resistant, more power is required to keep up with the desired speed. To maintain it, more fuel is needed. On top of that, Thule boxes have a super sleek design that balances the car’s overall aerodynamics.
For this reason, more airflow can pass conveniently. That’s why Thule boxes are highly fuel-efficient.
People have curiosity about the durability of cargo boxes. Thule boxes are incredibly long-lasting. On top of that, they can stand against all kinds of weather. You can use these boxes for an extended period.
The security system of Thule boxes is superb in a word. Criminals and thieves almost have zero chance to steal something through it. Thule boxes have voted for “best-in-test” security measures.
What could be a fascinating adventure for you while on an outdoor journey? Biking, Kayaking, Fishing, etc., are a few examples! You can convey these things without having a problem with your Thule roof box.
Why Are Thule Boxes So Expensive?
Yes, it’s undeniable that many cargo boxes are relatively cheaper than Thule’s. Hence, the question is, why Thule carrier boxes are so expensive? What’s the reason behind it? There are reasons!
- Thule boxes are long-lasting
- The security system is literally unbreakable
- Super stylish and eye-popping
- Easy installation procedure
- Lots of space available on the box
- Multi side entrances
Are Thule Boxes Waterproof?
When you’re traveling distant roads, rain or snow can usually happen at some point. Then what? You will surely want to keep your head trouble-free by thinking that your personal belongings are safe and secured. Nevertheless, you can feel untroubled if you’re using the Thule roof boxes.
These boxes are water-resistant. Further, they can withstand any harsh weather. But, they’re not guaranteed waterproof. Although Thule recommends its customers use plastic when wrapping things, they can still do a superb job keeping the belongings safe and protected.
Do Thule Boxes Come with a Warranty?
Each Thule roof box comes with a limited lifetime warranty. But, what does that mean? The limited warranty will only cover specific parts, minor defects, etc. On top of that, there won’t be any change if typical damage happens to your roof box.
Thule’s warranty is only applicable if they find out that the box gets damaged for specific reasons. In addition, they can refund your money to give you the chance to purchase another product.
Are Thule Roof Boxes Universal?
No, they’re not. Thule always builds high-quality products and they’re not obsessed with manufacturing universal roof cargo boxes. Besides, making universal boxes is impossible since different cars possess different structures. On the other hand, if you contact Thule’s authorized dealer, they can help you find the correct box.
Furthermore, you can also figure out the correct roof box if you visit Thule’s website and check out the boxes thoroughly.
Are Thule Roof Cargo Boxes Worth it? FAQs:
Can I fit my Thule roof box into a rental car?
Yes, you can. However, you must ensure that the car has side rails and crossbars. Some vehicles even possess roof racks too.
Are Thule roof boxes noisy?
Significantly less amount and it won’t damage your peace of mind for sure!
We are at the end phase of our discussion. Further, we hope that our article will help you immensely to figure out how outstanding Thule boxes are. The truth is Thule is undoubtedly the best of the best in roof box accessories. Hence, you won’t find any alternative to it. It is definitely the best product if you have the proper budget.
So, which Thule model will you buy for your car? Let us know in the comment box below.
Best Seller List of Thule Roof Cargo Boxes:
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space efficiency
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for easy access to all areas of the box, from either side of the vehicle
- Full trunk access with no roof box contact
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards (up to 195 cm)
- External dimensions: 82.75 x 33.75 x 17.25 inches
- Internal Dimensions: 77.5 x 29.5 x 15.25 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product Weight: 47 lbs
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 14 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
- Thule Comfort Key can only be removed when all locking points are securely closed
- Fits 3-5 snowboards (max length: 155 cm)
- External dimensions: 67 x 35 x 16 inches; Internal dimensions: 61 x 33 x 14 inches
- Load capacity: 110 lbs; Product weight: 34 lbs
- Height off crossbar: 16 inches. Fast and secure mounting
- 18 cubic foot (510 L) internal cargo capacity
- Made from durable UV-resistant ABS material
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal
- Includes key and lock to secure contents in the box, and the box to your rack
- Fits SportRack Rack Systems, square bars, round bars and most factory racks (check fit guide)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 63 x 38 x 19 in / 160 x 96.5 x 48 cm
- Min-Max Crossbars Spacing: 23 5/8 - 29 3/4 in (60 - 75.5 cm)
- Max Weight Capacity: 100 pounds (45 kg)
- ▶️ This roof top storage box is universal fit for mounting to max 13 inches wide cross bar, please check the dimension before purchase.
- ▶️ The package comes with  53 inches length storage box,  security lock key, and  heavy duty tool free installation mounting brackets.
- ▶️ It is constructed of rugged, impact-resistant ABS material to ensure a long lasting life in outdoor conditions. More, it can open from the side and stay open till you close it with the strong support arm.
- ▶️ Opens on the passenger side to 14 inches wide to store bulky items from the side and stays open till you close it, and it is very easy to install without any tool required to assembly.
- ▶️ Overall Dimensions: 53" L x 34" W x 15" H | Capacity: 11 Cubic Feet and up to 110 LBS
- Oversized roof-mounted cargo box provides 22 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
- Full trunk access and no roof box contact
- Lid automatically locks in place and indicates a secure closure (One Key System compatible)
- Fits 5-7 pairs of skis / 3-5 snowboards
- External dimensions: 91.5 x 37.5 x 18 inches; Internal dimensions: 84.5 x 33 x 16 inches
- Load capacity: 165 lbs; Product Weight: 55 lbs
- DUAL-SIDE OPENING FOR EASY ACCESS: Dual-side opening design allows you to open it from either the driver side or the passenger side, which brings more convenience for loading and unloading. (NOTE: There is protective film on the lid. Please peel off the film before use.)
- FAIR CAPACITY: With 13.4 cubic feet maximum storage capacity and 150lbs loading capacity, the roof cargo carrier can allow for more space in your car. What’s more, its streamlined design will reduce drag and noise during driving.
- LOCKING SYSTEM FOR SAFETY: It is designed with locks on both sides and comes with keys for protecting your valuables. And the stiffeners at the bottom of the roof cargo box strengthen its stability.
- EASY TO INSTALL: It is simple in structure and light in weight (approximately 24.25lbs). It won’t be difficult for you to lift it and install it to your car. And it can work with most vehicles with crossbars, such as car, suv, van, etc. Applicable Cross Bar: Max. Width 2.36”. Max. distance between bottom holes for installation: 40.94”. Min. distance between bottom holes for installation: 15.35”.
- QUALITY MATERIAL FOR DURABILITY & BETTER PROTECTION: Made from ABS material for long-lasting use. And it can protect your luggage or equipment from being exposed to sun, rain or dust. And it is protected with 3-Year Warranty.
- Secure & protect your gear in this 18 cubic ft. HDPE plastic hard shell vehicle cargo carrier; high-capacity interior dimensions 57 L x 38 1/2 W x 17 3/4 H inches; aerodynamic design for fuel efficiency
- Weatherproof storage for your luggage with a four corner locking system, front latch, and weather-tight seal for ultimate car rooftop protection and security
- Easy & convenient loading and unloading from either side of the car make for smooth travel and hassle-free storage
- No tools required, easy assembly and installation. All mounting hardware and simple instructions are included to get you safely on the road quickly
- Made in USA, limited lifetime guarantee. The JEGS car top carrier’s high-quality construction and performance give you peace of mind
- Holds 3 golf bags
- Compact roofbox, ideal for small loads such as camping gear or golf clubs
- Sturdy U-bolts with reinforcement plates and adjustable brackets provide a secure fit to rack
- Compact design leaves room for other roof mounted accessories
- Passenger side opening for easier loading and unloading
- External Dimensions: 54 x 25 x 15.5 in
- Internal Dimensions: 48 x 23 x 13.5 in
- Load Capacity: 75 pounds
- Volume: 8 cu ft. of storage space
- Product weight: 16 pounds
- LARGE STORAGE CAPACITY: The Car Rooftop Cargo box offers more than 10 cubic feet of storage capacity, making it a perfect choice for carrying bulky items like luggage, camping gear, & sports equipment. Car topper luggage carrier helps to free up valuable space inside your vehicle for passengers & other essentials. Whether you're going on a leisure trip or a work-related one, DuraLiner rooftop cargo box has enough room to hold all your necessary items.
- ROBUST & COMPACT DESIGN: The Cargo rooftop box is crafted to fit most roof racks with ease and is simple to install and remove. The hardshell rooftop cargo carrier is made from durable materials, enabling it to withstand harsh weather conditions & rugged terrains. Duraliner roof carrier is watertight & lockable, ensuring your belongings stay protected from water damage.
- STURDY MATERIAL: Heavy-duty plastic resists UV damage and maintains a rich finish to protect your belongings from weather. The Cargo Box has a sturdy and long-lasting construction made possible by High-density polyethylene (HDPE), which can withstand harsh environmental conditions.
- EASY INSTALLATION: DuraLiner Cargo Boxes are simple and easy to install. The tool-free assembly and U-bolt securing feature make it a quick process, allowing you to hit the road in minutes. These cargo boxes can be mounted with ease onto most vehicles with Roof rack cargo boxes. Vehicle Cargo Carriers design features a sealed lip, rear entry, and a four-corner latching system to ensure the safety and dryness of your belongings. It is durable & recyclable.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST VEHICLES: Car roof cargo carrier is compatible with numerous car makes and models, including Chevrolet, Ford, Isuzu, Jeep, Mazda, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Sprinter, Toyota, and more. Its universal mounting system is adaptable to various roof rack systems, making it a convenient option for customers with different car brands. The Rooftop cargo is specifically designed to fit and function with the roof racks or crossbars of these particular car models.
Last Update : 2024-02-24