There are different types of bike rack manufacturers available on the market. Allen is one of them. They are famous for making the bike-related product, they make bike racks also.
In this article, you will find a review of some of the best available Allen bike racks. Our testers team has tested these bike racks. They installed these racks in different types of the car such as trucks, SUVs and drove up dirt roads, down highways, and uphills around town.
So, You can find all the details about these Allen bike racks, and we hope that it will help you to find the perfect roof rack to support your bike-loving lifestyle.
Overview of Best Allen Bike Racks:
Allen Sports Deluxe 2-bike Trunk Mount Rack
The Allen Deluxe 2 is an economical trunk mount bike rack. It can carry bikes by using the frame as the primary point of attachment. It comes at a very low price. So this very inexpensive bike rack comes with a basic design. It can carry two bikes at a time. And it is compatible with most of the cars such as sedans, station wagons, and SUVs.
The Allen Deluxe 2 does not provide you with any security features and comes with limited adjustability. Still, this rack is one of the best options for people who are looking for a good quality bike rack at a very affordable price.
Allen Sports makes different kinds of bike racks at an affordable price. This rack is very inexpensive than any other rack. So it comes with a very simple design.
Loading bikes in this bike rack is very easy. And the loading height is also low. Moreover, you do not have to remove the front wheel of your bike if you want to carry your bike with this rack. You just have to place the bikes on the plastic cradles and secure them using the nylon straps with plastic buckles. But threading and tightening the plastic buckles are not as fast and straightforward as the rubber straps or the ladder straps that come on the more expensive bike racks.
The support arms of the Deluxe 2 is 12.5 inches wide. And it works well with the traditional bike frame shapes. This bike rack is very easy to install and remove. The instructions given in the manual is very useful. To remove this rack from your vehicle, you just have to loosen the top, side, and lower straps, unhook them from the trunk edges, and lift the rack off the vehicle.
The Deluxe 2 comes with a very lightweight design. It weighs only 7 lbs. Also, it is very easy to store. And it does not require so much space for being stored. You can simply fold it up and store it in a very small space.
This bike rack comes with nylon straps to secure it with your car. The Metal support arms are wrapped in soft foam contact the vehicle. The metal support arms are fixed in place, so they cannot be adjusted for stability or to avoid contact with latches, lights, or areas that may not be suited to supporting the weight. Moreover, you can’t have access to the rear trunk of your car while this rack is mounted.
The Deluxe 2 can accommodate two bikes. And it has a maximum weight carrying capacity of 70 lbs. this rack is not good for carrying full-suspension bikes or bikes with funky frame shapes.
The Deluxe 2 comes out of the box assembled. So you do not have to take any hassle to get this running.
In terms of security, the Deluxe 2 does not come with any included security features. But you can buy and use an aftermarket cable lock to ensure the security of your bikes.
The construction of this rack is not as strong as other trunk-mounted racks. The foam bumpers that contact the vehicle will finally become fragile with age.
After all, the Deluxe 2 is a good value that comes at a very affordable price. It is compatible with a wide range of sedans, station wagons, and SUVs. But if you want to use a rack regularly or you want to carry expensive bikes, we don’t recommend it & feel there are better options.
- Very inexpensive
- no assembly required
- folds small for storage
- Not adjustable
- support arms may not work with all frame shapes/styles
- no security features
Allen Sports Deluxe 4-bike Hitch Mount Rack
The Allen Deluxe 4 is an affordable support arm style hitch mount bike rack. It carries bikes by holding the top tube of the frame of the bike. This bike rack can be a good option for people who do not use a bike rack daily.
The Allen Deluxe 4 comes with a low loading height, and you do not have to remove the front wheel if you want to carry your bike with this bike rack. The bikes with traditional front triangle design are easier to load than the small, full-suspension, or other bikes with non-traditional front triangle design.
The cradles are not adjustable, which makes the spacing of bikes almost impossible. The included nylon straps come with plastic buckles that secure the bike. It is impossible to get tight enough to prevent excessive movement. Allen recommends the use of an external strap to secure the bikes to the bottom bracket to prevent movement.
The Allen Deluxe 4 comes in three pieces, and some included bolts and nuts. You have to connect those tree pieces using the included bolts and nuts. Also, you will need an adjustable wrench and a 14mm wrench to assemble the rack. The directions given in the manual are clear and helpful.
After assembling the rack, you will be able to slide it into a 2″ hitch receiver easily. Then you have to secure the rack with the vehicle using a No Wobble hitch bolt that requires two ¾” wrenches to install.
The Allen Deluxe 4 comes with four sets of mounting cradles attached to its support arms. But it is hard to find bikes with the combination that will fit in this rack without serious bike-to-bike contact or causing damage to the vehicle in motion. This bike rack is not as versatile as platform-style hitch mount racks. Loading bikes with full suspension frames or frames with unique front triangle configurations are almost impossible in this bike rack.
The Allen Deluxe 4 does not come with any included security features or locks for bikes and the rack itself. So you have to buy external locks to ensure the security of your bikes and the bike rack.
This bike rack also has durability issues. On Amazon, 7 out of 90 user reviews cite various structural failures.
The Allen Deluxe 4 is the cheapest hitch-mount rack we tested yet. This rack is not made for frequent users. If you want to use this bike rack very often or want to carry expensive bikes with this bike rack, we recommend looking for a better option.
- low loading height
- Uses frame as the attachment point
- straps are not secure,
- no security features
- limits access to rear vehicle compartments
Here in this article, you read about some of the best Allen bike racks reviews. The reviews are written after testing the racks for several months by our professional testers. To choose the perfect bike rack for you and your car we are recommending you to consider your vehicle type your bicycle type carefully, and where you live. We hope our review will help you in choosing the right bike rack for you.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Best Seller Allen Bike Rack:
- 4 bike rack fits vehicles with a 2 inch trailer hitch only. Vehicle will require professionally installed Class III or IV 2 inches hitch to use this product
- 22 inch long carry arms individually secure bicycles with Allen's patented tie down system
- Rack sets up and installs in less than 5 minutes; Included no wobble bolt secures rack inside of receiver hitch with a movement free installation
- Allen's warranty does not cover items purchased through third-party sellers
- Sport Type: Biking
- Quick install locking hitch insert fits 2 inches; Receiver hitches; includes 2 keys
- Quick set carry arms snap into place and fold out of the way when not in use
- Dual compound tie down cradles & quick set straps individually secure and protect bicycles
- Internal tilt away release allows for easy lift gate access
- Padded spine shield protects bicycles during transport
- Sport Type: Biking
- Patent pending design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans and SUV's consult manufacturer web site for specific vehicle fit information
- Patented quick snap set up design allow for super quick set up right out of the box
- 12 inch long carry arms easily accommodate up to 2 bicycles (70 pounds max capacity)
- Individual dual compound tie down cradles secure and protect bicycles; 2 patented sure strap lower straps keeps bottom hooks in place during use
- Extra-large car pads help to distribute bicycles load and protect vehicle finish
- Sport Type: Biking
- Sport type: Cycling
- Simple, sturdy design fits most sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUV's. Consult manufacturer's Site for specific vehicle fit
- Includes bicycle adaptor bar for easy bicycle transport by adding top tube to suspension, step through, BMX, and women's style bicycles
- Individual tie-downs secure and protect bicycles
- Fully assembled, Installs in seconds
- Padded lower frame protects vehicle, and left and right side straps for lateral stability
You May Also Like…
- The 3 Best Toyota RAV4 Roof Boxes
- Expert’s Favorite Thule Snowboard Rack
- The 6 Best Yakima Bike Racks
- The 6 Best Rooftop Cargo Boxes
- The 5 Best Thule Bike Racks
Last Update : 2021-05-13