The Acura MDX is a fantastic car with a unique look and it has a good amount of storage. But this amount of storage space will not be enough if you are going on a trip with your family or friend. So you will surely need a roof cargo box to make sure that you have enough space to carry all of your camping equipment and clothing, etc.
If you are in a hurry, then you can use the links below to buy the Best Acura MDX Roof Cargo Boxes. You don’t need to worry about the quality of the products because we only recommend the best.
– Overall Best – Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
– Editor’s Choice – Yakima Skybox 21 Carbonite Cargo Box
So we are here with a list of the best roof cargo boxes for your Acura MDX. You will see the 7 best roof cargo boxes on this list. And every one of them will work great with your Acura MDX, and you will be able to carry your accessories with you when you are going on a trip.
No need to worry though, we have picked some ideal Acura MDX Rooftop Carrier. Below you will discover information for each.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Acura MDX Roof Storage
The most important feature of a roof cargo box is that it provides a lot of extra storage space so that you can carry a lot of cargo. Moreover, most of the roof cargo box is compatible with a huge amount of vehicle designs. Some of them are easy to install and made from durable materials. Some roof cargo boxes also provide a waterproof feature.
The disadvantage of a roof cargo box is that it affects the fuel economy, and in the case of electronic cars, it will lessen the range. They also come with limited space for taller items. But after all, these disadvantages are tolerable in front of the benefits provided by a roof cargo box.
Best Acura MDX Roof Cargo Boxes:
1. Thule Motion XT Rooftop Cargo Box
The Thule Motion XT is a perfect example of a sleek, aerodynamic, modern roof box. According to its size and storage capacity, it is perfect. For this fantastic combination, the Thule Motion XT is one of today’s best roof boxes.
You can get this roof box unit in both 16-foot and 22-foot. And its interior dimensions are 79 x 31.5 x 15. The 22-foot long variant is the more extended variant for roof boxes; it will be easy to fit safely on large vehicle roofs.
As we mentioned before, this box can give you access to both sides. So it will be easy to load or unload anything in it without any trouble. Also, you can use it in unfavorable weather conditions easily. It can easily stay in place when the weather is wet or snowy because it has a superior grip system.
It is so handy and easy to use. And it is available with an easy mounting system. With its mounting system, you will be able to install this roof box within five minutes. Also, it’s sturdy and functional with a locking system. If you accidentally leave your roof box unlocked, that locking system can keep your roof box secured. It has a smooth and aesthetic design.
The Thule Motion XT can bear 165 lbs. without any problem. In terms of safety, It is compatible with the One Key System, making it much easier to lock your roof box and keep your stuff safe. If you want to go on trips frequently with your roof box, then this one could be an excellent choice for you.
Some of the other attractive advantages featured by Thule Motion XT are:
- A glossy white and black finish
- A lightweight fiberglass body
- Robust construction helps to keep your stuff safe.
- Enough storage space for an average of five to seven skis or three to five snowboards
The Thule Motion XT will cost you nearly $800. But remember that; you will get what you are paying for, one of the best quality roof boxes. Moreover, you will carry skis or anything this kind of long stuff with this roof box.
- Roof-mounted cargo box provides 18 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed for optimal space efficiency, aerodynamics, and vehicle fit
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly mounted
- Dual-side opening for quick access from either side of the car
- Easy to open and close with grip-friendly handles and supporting lid-lifters
2. INNO Wedge Plus Cargo Box:
This roof box is also a smaller roof box than Thule. The box comes from INNO, can offer you just eight cubic feet worth of storage space. This high-quality roof box isn’t so costly. You can get this roof at around $490.
Made with a compact design, the size of this roof box is 80 x 33 x 13.75 on the outside and 72 x 25.6 x 11 from the inside, with a low hatch clearance of 12″. Besides, the INNO’s Wedge Plus Cargo Box weighs only 44 lbs. So you can carry it box easily. If you are looking for a light roof box, then this roof box can be a good option for you.
INNO wedge plus cargo box can fit with most of the available roof racks. So you can install this roof box with any roof rack.
The INNO Wedge Plus Cargo Box is available in red and white colors & also available with black matte finishes. It is also available with a diffuser and 3D interior mat. That mat is specially designed to decrease the disturbing noise of items rolling around. So it’s best for quiet drives.
- Rugged matte Black finish
- Comes with inner mat protest your gear, nose reduction and easy to clean up
- Memory mount system, for the easiest installation and use of any cargo box on the market
- Widest range to slide front for minimal risk of contact hatch
- Dual side opening
3. INNO Shadow Cargo Box:
The INNO Shadow roof box comes with a straightforward mounting system. So the mounting system for this roof box is very easy on your Subaru Outback.
When you are in a hurry, you don’t have to worry about your stuff’s safety because they will be fully secured in your box. The base construction of this roof box is unique. And it is much lighter and stronger than regular boxes. So this could be a better option for the Subaru Outback.
The design of this roof box is aerodynamic and can easily resist air. With this sleek design, you will be able to enjoy MPG. Moreover, there is enough storage space to keep all of your needy stuff when going on a family trip. You can carry up to two surfing board or eight skis.
This INNO Shadow comes with a safety lock system to keep your stuff secured from the thief, so you don’t have to worry about the security of your property.
Some other exciting features of this INNO Shadow cargo box has:
- Universal memory mounting system
- One-hand opening
- User-friendly locking mechanism
- Only weighs 42 pounds
- 11 cubic feet of additional space
4. Thule Pulse roof Box:
If you want to go on snowboarding and want to carry your snowboards and skis or go on trips with your family, Thule Pulse is a great roof box for you. So you don’t have to pay some extra money to rent anything.
It can easily accommodate three to five snowboards without any problem. This box is secured with the central locking system, and you can only remove the key when the box is closed and locked correctly.
It is made from textured ABS material, and this box can protect your stuff when you are on the road. So, you don’t have to worry about your item’s security.
The lid of this roof box opens on the passenger side so you can get access to this roof box without being in danger of standing closed to traffic.
- Rugged and durable design is long-lasting and keeps contents protected during transit.
- Fast and secure fitting using only one hand due to FastGrip quick-mount system that assembles in moments.
- Passenger-side opening for easier loading and unloading.
- The central locking system provides maximum safety. The grip-friendly Thule Comfort key can only be removed if all locking points are securely closed.
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 14 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- Central Locking system provides maximum safety
5. 18S Rooftop Cargo Box
This 18S rooftop cargo box comes with a considerable amount of storage with an aerodynamic design and attractive look. It is very easy to use and user-friendly. You can load or unload your stuff from it very quickly. This roof box will not occur any problems during the trip.
You can get this rooftop cargo box in black color & 18 cu ft of storage space. The weight of this cargo box is only 38 pounds. You will be able to fit three 21 inches carry-on suitcases and four medium-size duffel bags. After holding duffel bags, you can still carry some small bags inside the box. You will need a roof rack to install it on the roof of your cars. It’s a value-for-money roof cargo box.
This Rooftop Cargo Box is weatherproof also. So it will keep the moisture out of the box when you are driving through any wet weather conditions. You don’t have to worry about the security of your roof box also. So if you are looking for a roof cargo box with a massive amount of storage and an easy mounting system, you can buy this without thinking much.
- Delivers an extra 18 cu FT Of storage space
- Aerodynamic design dimensions are 57" L x 39" x 19" H and is rated at 110 lbs
- Carrying capacity with evenly distributed cargo
6. Thule Hyper XL Rooftop Cargo Box:
The sleek design of this box makes it one of the most aerodynamic roof boxes on the market. The aerodynamic design helps it to reduce drag and noise.
Not only this roof box is exceptionally aerodynamic, but also it can carry up to 110 pounds at a time. So if you want to pack a lot of items in your roof cargo box when you are going on a trip with your family or friends, then this roof cargo box could be an excellent option for you.
The rear-angled base and the expanded mounting points make the installation process very easy for this roof cargo box. Moreover, these also help you to get access to this box quickly. These also don’t make any problem in opening the door of the trunk of your car.
This box’s mounting system makes a click sound if you connect this roof cargo box with your Honda Odyssey correctly to ensure that your roof cargo box is secured and let you know that you are ready to ride.
- Patented AeroNose Design reduces drag and noise making it the most aerodynamic box available.Load capacity 110 lb
- Reinforced Ultra-Thick Lid and Base for maximum durability
- Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance
- AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack
- Integrated Light for nighttime loading and unloading
7. Yakima Skybox 21 Carbonite Cargo Box:
This magnificent large 21 cubic feet roof box weighs 75 lbs. It can carry only 28 kg because of its size. At the 21 cubic feet volume range, the other Yakima roof boxes can carry more weight.
The Yakima Skybox 21 Carbonite can also give you access from the dual side, and it is available with a super latch, which makes the opening and closing easier. The tapered exterior of this roof box is stunning. And it can reduce drag. You can install it without any tools.
To install it, You have to follow the following steps only:
- Open the lid
- Release the clamps
- Loosen the thumbwheels
- Position the roof box on your roof rack crossbars
- Slide it back so that the clamps engage the load bars
- Tighten the thumbwheels
- Then engage your lever clamps.
That’s it! After completing these steps now, your Yakima Skybox Carbonite is correctly installed on the roof of your vehicle, and it will not slide down from your roof bars. If it does slip, open the lid of your roof box and tighten the levers to secure it.
The price of this roof box is as like as the Thule. Now you can ask us why you should buy the Skybox. Then the answer is – It is available with lid stiffeners, which makes it much more durable than the Thule. Moreover, the installation process for this roof box is more comfortable than the Thule cargo box also. It only takes minutes.
Some important features of Yakima Skybox 21 Carbonite:
- Tool-free installation
- 21 cubic feet
- Load capacity 28 kg
- Sleek aerodynamic Carbonite textured lid; Designed with internal lid stiffeners for durability and easy open and close
- SuperLatch security ensures your lid is secure to its base, and your gear is safe; Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle; Tapered design reduces hatch interference
- No assembly required; Tool-free installation/removal from vehicle; SKS Locks included
- Fits Yakima round, square, factory, and aerodynamic bars; Minimum and maximum crossbar spreads: 24" - 42"
- Hauls gear for up to 5 campers; fits snowboards and skis up to 215cm; Available in five sizes: Lo, 12, 16, 18, and 21 cubic feet
Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing Acura MDX Roof Box:
There are a variety of roof boxes available on the market. Among them, To choose the ideal roof box for your Acura MDX, you have to consider the following things:
- Ease of attaching the box.
- How you can access your content.
- The size of the box.
- How secure the box is.
- The durability of the box.
- Security of the locking system.
- Amount of storage space.
- How are you going to store your roof box when you’re not using it?
- If it’s waterproof.
- Aerodynamics of the box.
- If the lid is designed to stay open easily.
If you want the best rooftop carrier for the Acura MDX, you can choose one from this list. After buying one of these roof carriers, now you are ready to ride with comfort and go on a trip with your family members or friends without worrying about enough storage space for your items.
After deciding, pick the perfect roof cargo box from this list for your next journey. After installing your roof box and packing all your important items in it, you will be able to enjoy a more comfortable ride.
-our editorial board has reviewed this article and has been approved for publication according to our editorial policy.
Last Update : 2022-09-27